Testing, Help, Site Feedback and Suggestions Test vBulletin's Features and Tell Us What You Like and Don't Like and Offer Suggestions for Improvement

Pauses

Search this Thread

Old 9/25/10, 03:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Don't worry about comin' off as raggin', Charlie. If it was working you wouldn't, right?

That's actually a great feeback on the issue. Knowing that logged in versus not produces a different result could be the entire difference in fixing it or hobbling along. Nice!

/And it also means you care. So many wouldn't bother.

Last edited by houtex; 9/25/10 at 03:22 PM.
Old 9/26/10, 03:15 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
The problem has to be this site - not Hughes SatNet... check it out - I've just been surfing the threads for the past 20 mins WITHOUT logging on, and the pages load fine just like my other several sites are this morning.

Then I saw a post I wanted to reply to, so I LOGGED ON. And here come the hanging pages again. Had to open a second TMS tab so one could load while I was posting on another.

I noticed this yesterday but was in a hurry so I tested it today. Also, the flash ad banner at the top does NOT display until I LOG ON.
This issue is confirmed. Been surfing the last few days now mostly not logged on and the page loads great.

As soon as I LOG ON, the page either hangs and takes forever to load, or will not load at all unless I open a 2nd TMS tab, or hit refresh several times.

The problem has to do with whatever crap is going on behind the scenes when I LOG ON - whether it is ad banner/flash related, or gathering info/tracking me.
Old 9/26/10, 07:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I found it. The rollover ads, especially the ones with vids, are causing it for ya. They take longer. That paused for me bad, and then it cleared up after it loaded.
Old 9/29/10, 04:00 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Guys,

I'm starting over with a totally new skin from the ground up this weekend. What we have now is a hybrid of what Brad had and what we added. Maybe there's some bad code there.

By starting from scratch hopefully we can get this solved once and for all.

BTW, great find that it's different for logged in vs non-logged in. I'll try to use that to solve the issue.

Sorry for the trouble.
Old 9/29/10, 06:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Awesome. Good luck, and good on ya!
Old 9/29/10, 07:17 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Nathan W
Hey Guys,

I'm starting over with a totally new skin from the ground up this weekend. What we have now is a hybrid of what Brad had and what we added. Maybe there's some bad code there.

By starting from scratch hopefully we can get this solved once and for all.

BTW, great find that it's different for logged in vs non-logged in. I'll try to use that to solve the issue.

Sorry for the trouble.
Thank you for your efforts! The Log in issue is consistent. Just had to load two separate tabs and refresh so I could post this response, whereas I have been surfing threads fine just before logging in.

The only other thing that my lack of knowledge thought might possibly cause a hang when I am logged in is how and what info you are collecting behind the scenes.
While I have IE set to accept "first party" and "session" cookies, I block ALL "third party" cookies.
Don't know if that could be a hitch with the rotating ads vs static ads?? However, I do not have the issue with my numerous favorite sites that constantly change ads and links (marketwatch, newsmax, foxnews, cnn, weather sites, local news, facebook, etc...), and their 3rd party cookies are blocked also.

Good luck. Obviously I am rooting for you! LOL

Last edited by cdynaco; 9/29/10 at 07:19 PM.
Old 9/30/10, 06:54 PM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
Keep working on it because things are running very, very, slow. Ran nice and fast this morning.
Old 10/1/10, 07:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Workin' great here. Just feedin' back on it.
Old 10/2/10, 06:51 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
Working nice and fast now.
Old 10/3/10, 01:02 PM
Post *****

My experience today 10.3.10 from about 11.30am to noon.

I was surfing without logging on and the pages were loading quick as they have been.
So I logged on to make a comment, and the page hung as it has been. I refreshed a couple of times, the page finally loaded, I made my post and continued surfing threads logged on.

As of right now, the pages are loading promptly - and I am still logged on. So I don't know if you are working behind the scenes this morning (or did so in the previous hours or last night), but the site is loading GREAT. The flash ad banner does not display nor is there a blank ad header. The side banner does show.

Hope this continues! FYI
Old 10/3/10, 09:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thanks for the info guys. We continue to make tweaks and changes hoping it helps out.
Old 12/20/10, 08:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Updatin' a little.

Gettin' a few hangs from ad.afy11.net, dunno why they're takin' so long. Way more than normal lately. Give 'em a call or something.

Ty muchly!
Old 1/7/11, 01:28 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by houtex
Updatin' a little.

Gettin' a few hangs from ad.afy11.net, dunno why they're takin' so long. Way more than normal lately. Give 'em a call or something.

Ty muchly!
Same here. the last week or two. All my other pages load promptly - particularly today while TMS today is the worst is has been in a long time. either the site is crashing or the server is failing? Been fighting it all morning.

Don't know if this will post so I sent an email to Scott for a heads up.

Hey Scott - don't know if this email comes thru or not.

TMS has had loading hitches the last week to 10 days - yet all my other pages load promptly. I've been trying to post this in the Testing section but the site appears to be crashing. Before getting the IE can't load page, I got these error messages as I was trying to open the thread and respond to Houtex's note of a week back:

<script type="text/javascript" src="clientscript/yui/connection/connection-min.js?

Testing, Help, Site Feedback and Suggestions Test vBulletin's Features and Tell Us What You Like and Don't Like and Offer Suggestions for Improvement
<!-- / header quick search form

Thanx, Charliehorse
Old 1/10/11, 05:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Lookin in to it.

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 1/30/11, 01:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No problems from my Fire Fox or Android keep it up