Search this Thread

Old 3/13/15, 07:43 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Five Guys
Old 3/13/15, 08:20 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 843 Posts
Southwest spicy hash browns and scrambled eggs.
Old 3/14/15, 12:17 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Five Guys
Didn't know they had them there. Probably the best fast food you can get. Its expensive (no problem for a baller like you with 27 kids) but they do have good food. Everything is fresh made, they don't even have a freezer in the stores. Its all fresh made stuff.
Old 3/14/15, 02:51 AM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Didn't know they had them there. Probably the best fast food you can get. Its expensive (no problem for a baller like you with 27 kids) but they do have good food. Everything is fresh made, they don't even have a freezer in the stores. Its all fresh made stuff.
I am totally a burger dude. Yeah I'm a steak dude but I consider myself a burger expert. And the quality of Five Guys across the franchises is really good. You can taste the texture and the flavor of the never frozen beef. I can always tell that. And like In n Out the vegetables are always perfect. They won't throw on that imperfect tomato slice like other places. Bread is always good. I won't say it's a perfect burger but it's **** well consistent at every one I go to and that's awesome. Nothing beats a good burger imho. I get the cheeseburger with lettuce tomato mayo mustard and mushrooms. It's just what I always get. When I make a burger at home that's how I stack it myself. Zoe doesn't eat beef (probably switched at the hospital. Should've used a sharpie) but she loves their BLT and Paige loves their bacon cheese dog with nothing else on it. And of course we love the fries. For the three of us tonight it was $34 with drinks. And it was **** ****ing good. I'm always satisfied there and I actually could have eaten more but wouldn't let myself because I'm a fat ****ing pig as it is.

We don't have them everywhere but they are in the major cities here in Texas. And when we travel I like to go to one at least once during the trip.
Old 3/14/15, 03:43 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I am totally a burger dude. Yeah I'm a steak dude but I consider myself a burger expert. And the quality of Five Guys across the franchises is really good. You can taste the texture and the flavor of the never frozen beef. I can always tell that. And like In n Out the vegetables are always perfect. They won't throw on that imperfect tomato slice like other places. Bread is always good. I won't say it's a perfect burger but it's **** well consistent at every one I go to and that's awesome. Nothing beats a good burger imho. I get the cheeseburger with lettuce tomato mayo mustard and mushrooms. It's just what I always get. When I make a burger at home that's how I stack it myself. Zoe doesn't eat beef (probably switched at the hospital. Should've used a sharpie) but she loves their BLT and Paige loves their bacon cheese dog with nothing else on it. And of course we love the fries. For the three of us tonight it was $34 with drinks. And it was **** ****ing good. I'm always satisfied there and I actually could have eaten more but wouldn't let myself because I'm a fat ****ing pig as it is.

We don't have them everywhere but they are in the major cities here in Texas. And when we travel I like to go to one at least once during the trip.

I love Five Guys, its about the only fast food I eat other than Zaxby's every now and then (don't know if you have them there but its an awesome franchise). I'm still tying to keep my weight down since I lost 50lbs in 2011 so I don't eat much fast food, I mainly avoid fried stuff. I do love Five Guys, glad they made it out there to you all, it started on the east coast and its still a family owned company. You should look into it, I'm sure you've got a nice nest egg saved up, contact them about a franchise, its pretty reasonable, especially if you can get a few good people that have restaurant management experience . There is pretty decent money there if you want to invest a little.
Old 3/14/15, 04:02 AM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I love Five Guys, its about the only fast food I eat other than Zaxby's every now and then (don't know if you have them there but its an awesome franchise). I'm still tying to keep my weight down since I lost 50lbs in 2011 so I don't eat much fast food, I mainly avoid fried stuff. I do love Five Guys, glad they made it out there to you all, it started on the east coast and its still a family owned company. You should look into it, I'm sure you've got a nice nest egg saved up, contact them about a franchise, its pretty reasonable, especially if you can get a few good people that have restaurant management experience . There is pretty decent money there if you want to invest a little.
No restaurant experience at all. I see its a business where you need to be there to keep things right and I don't have the time. I respect those that do. The eateries in our town that do well whether franchise or one of a kind are family owned and family run and always have someone there cracking the whip on quality and customer service. I think it's paramount to success in that business. Somebody's gotta watch the store. Our little town otherwise sucks for food. Everything tastes better in other towns. It's like the black hole of food service. If we get a new restaurant the wife and I always tell each other this town will ruin that food in no time. The cooks sucks and the staff all suck here in my home town. There's hardly a handful of quality joints to eat at in the whole place. On the other hand I have found the College Station is one of the best towns I've ever eaten in. I have yet to have a bad experience in any restaurant from shipleys to chuys to the local joints I eat at there. They must be getting a better class off wetback to cool in their kitchens I guess.

I loved Zaxbys. Scott and Patrick and I stopped at one in Georgia. And I freakin loved it. That's my kind of fast food. There are acutely some here in Houston. I'll probably take the kids there tomorrow because they love all things chicken and fried.
Old 3/14/15, 04:18 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I'll talk to you later about it.
Old 3/14/15, 05:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 109 Likes on 95 Posts
I am totally a burger dude. Yeah I'm a steak dude but I consider myself a burger expert. And the quality of Five Guys across the franchises is really good. You can taste the texture and the flavor of the never frozen beef. I can always tell that. And like In n Out the vegetables are always perfect. They won't throw on that imperfect tomato slice like other places. Bread is always good. I won't say it's a perfect burger but it's **** well consistent at every one I go to and that's awesome. Nothing beats a good burger imho. I get the cheeseburger with lettuce tomato mayo mustard and mushrooms. It's just what I always get. When I make a burger at home that's how I stack it myself. Zoe doesn't eat beef (probably switched at the hospital. Should've used a sharpie) but she loves their BLT and Paige loves their bacon cheese dog with nothing else on it. And of course we love the fries. For the three of us tonight it was $34 with drinks. And it was **** ****ing good. I'm always satisfied there and I actually could have eaten more but wouldn't let myself because I'm a fat ****ing pig as it is. We don't have them everywhere but they are in the major cities here in Texas. And when we travel I like to go to one at least once during the trip.
Five Guys, Smash Burger, In-N-Out, White Castle The Beef is where it's at. In my fat.

Last edited by GrnT; 3/14/15 at 05:07 AM.
Old 3/14/15, 06:47 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
No restaurant experience at all. I see its a business where you need to be there to keep things right and I don't have the time. I respect those that do. The eateries in our town that do well whether franchise or one of a kind are family owned and family run and always have someone there cracking the whip on quality and customer service. I think it's paramount to success in that business. Somebody's gotta watch the store. Our little town otherwise sucks for food. Everything tastes better in other towns. It's like the black hole of food service. If we get a new restaurant the wife and I always tell each other this town will ruin that food in no time. The cooks sucks and the staff all suck here in my home town. There's hardly a handful of quality joints to eat at in the whole place. On the other hand I have found the College Station is one of the best towns I've ever eaten in. I have yet to have a bad experience in any restaurant from shipleys to chuys to the local joints I eat at there. They must be getting a better class off wetback to cool in their kitchens I guess. I loved Zaxbys. Scott and Patrick and I stopped at one in Georgia. And I freakin loved it. That's my kind of fast food. There are acutely some here in Houston. I'll probably take the kids there tomorrow because they love all things chicken and fried.
Its all those teasips with liberal arts degrees that cannot get jobs in their field that are working at those joints in College Station . Or maybe the wetbacks have degrees from TAMU
Originally Posted by GrnT
Five Guys, Smash Burger, In-N-Out, White Castle The Beef is where it's at. In my fat.
Smash urger and Five Guys both near my condo. The Smash urger is way better. Never see anyone in the Five Guys (customers). Not sure how that one has stayed open
Old 3/14/15, 08:33 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Since we are talking about burgers yesterday at lunch I had an All Star burger at a 99 Restaurant here is Western MA and it was real fantastic! I felt it was quite a bit better tasting then my usual 5 Guys burger and that's tough to beat!
Old 3/14/15, 09:31 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 843 Posts
They are finally building a Five Guys here in Warner Robins.
Old 3/14/15, 09:35 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
We've got a Five Guys not two minutes from the house here in San Antonio and never tried them. Guess I'll have to with these recommendations.
Old 3/14/15, 10:51 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,315 Likes on 1,726 Posts
Originally Posted by kcoTiger
We've got a Five Guys not two minutes from the house here in San Antonio and never tried them. Guess I'll have to with these recommendations.
IMHO you aren't missing much!
Old 3/14/15, 11:30 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Yeah, you're missing a ton! Five Guys is amazing stuff. As is Zaxby's! Those two and Taco Bell are about the only fast food places I'll eat.
Old 3/14/15, 01:42 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by StangMahn
Yeah, you're missing a ton! Five Guys is amazing stuff. As is Zaxby's! Those two and Taco Bell are about the only fast food places I'll eat.
Did you just put Taco Bell in the same criteria as "ill pay money to eat there" category?

Old 3/14/15, 05:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Did you just put Taco Bell in the same criteria as "ill pay money to eat there" category?

I wish we had a five guys around here they are soooo good! It's making me just thinking about it
Old 3/14/15, 05:51 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,315 Likes on 1,726 Posts
Honestly haven't had a 'great' burger there ever and I've tried about 5 times? Several different places too!
Old 3/14/15, 06:16 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GrnT
Juicy Lucy at Matts Bar in Minneapolis.
I was just thinking about getting one.
Old 3/14/15, 07:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 109 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by shurtual86
I was just thinking about getting one.
OH and it was Awesome! The fry orders are huge. Five star burger.
Old 3/14/15, 08:58 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Honestly haven't had a 'great' burger there ever and I've tried about 5 times? Several different places too!

Maybe your standards are higher than mine

Quick Reply: WHATS FOR DINNER?