Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

What're you doing?

Search this Thread

Old 2/14/14, 10:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Deleted my fb 2 years ago and haven't looked back. I barely used it anyways. I only keep up my Instagram because I like to "travel" on my phone, since I can't afford to do it in real life. I follow people all over the world and get to see sites that I never knew existed. I also follow a ton of car/Mustang pages to keep up on the industry. Yes, there are still friends/family who post every day, but I typically unfollow them. I also like to post pics of my adventures. I have followers from all over the world too - who knows, they may have never been to the Bay Area and have a thing for seeing pics from around here

I also have twitter, but I mostly use it to take out my anger on sh*tty drivers by venting that way.
Old 2/14/14, 11:00 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by shurtual86
Nathan cannot process that
Sorry I'm not a ****.
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

I don't care what people have. F*** them. I have enough problems of my own to care about what people put on facebook. Hence why I'm not on facebook. Make your own destiny, quit trying to define your life by bullcrap that people put on facebook. Because its mostly bullcrap.

Exactly. I'm sick of this crap. People have literally began defining the worth their lives based on what other people post on fb. Not to mention that people are slowly losing the ability to communicate with each other face to face.

When people hear me say that, they act like I'm a nut. Well, I'm not. I see it all the time, people spend so much time texting and fb'ing with people (especially young folks) that they can not function and carry on a conversation in actual social situations with real people. I've seen it with my own eyes with young family members. Its quite disturbing.

Ever seen the movie Idiocracy? That is exactly where we are headed.
Unless you just suck at it to begin with.
Old 2/14/14, 11:17 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
I'm just sitting here drinking beer, looking at all the weddings coming up this year.

I love it, I'm not getting married, and I get a bunch of free food and booze and dancing and other shenanigans.
Old 2/15/14, 12:04 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Sorry I'm not a ****.

Unless you just suck at it to begin with.
What the hell is that supposed to mean?
Old 2/15/14, 04:02 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
I don't care what people have. F*** them. I have enough problems of my own to care about what people put on facebook. Hence why I'm not on facebook. Make your own destiny, quit trying to define your life by bullcrap that people put on facebook. Because its mostly bullcrap. Exactly. I'm sick of this crap. People have literally began defining the worth their lives based on what other people post on fb. Not to mention that people are slowly losing the ability to communicate with each other face to face. When people hear me say that, they act like I'm a nut. Well, I'm not. I see it all the time, people spend so much time texting and fb'ing with people (especially young folks) that they can not function and carry on a conversation in actual social situations with real people. I've seen it with my own eyes with young family members. Its quite disturbing. Ever seen the movie Idiocracy? That is exactly where we are headed.
This about covers it. ^^^
90% of Facebook is not real. While some people post what they want you to hear, the others post what shouldn't be said in certain company. I've seen long time friendships lost and lies upon lies posted. People now judge a person based solely upon social media posting. I know wonderful people that are total garbage online. I know online saints that are total garbage. Yet society has now accepted online lives to be truth. It's not real people!
I don't have a Facebook because I don't have an internal filter. I talk as straight foreword as I can without getting myself in too much trouble. Everyone that knows me personally understands that I will not lie just to make you feel better about yourself. They either accept it or go away. I've learned that real people respect the truth even if it sucks. I usually draw crowds in gatherings just to hear the dumb **** I will say about somebody. Most of it is in good fun but still true. The truth is so much more fun than lying.
Old 2/15/14, 04:29 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
My life is fulfilled and complete without FB so why **** up a good thing. Don't need it. Don't want it. Don't have time for it. You people are my FB. God help you.
Old 2/15/14, 04:38 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
I guess I have been doing Facebook all wrong
Old 2/15/14, 06:03 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by jerseygirl
I guess I have been doing Facebook all wrong
FB is a great outlet for lots of stuff. Reconnecting with old friends, support for people who need it, lots of positive things I've seen on FB. Just gotta find it in a sea of bull ****. Nothing pisses me off more than spending time with people who are constantly pecking away at their phones. If I'm spending my time hanging out with you, my phone is in my pocket. Unless it rings, it stays there. I hate what we have become and battle it daily.
Old 2/15/14, 07:40 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I don't care what people have. F*** them. I have enough problems of my own to care about what people put on facebook. Hence why I'm not on facebook. Make your own destiny, quit trying to define your life by bullcrap that people put on facebook. Because its mostly bullcrap.

Exactly. I'm sick of this crap. People have literally began defining the worth their lives based on what other people post on fb. Not to mention that people are slowly losing the ability to communicate with each other face to face.

When people hear me say that, they act like I'm a nut. Well, I'm not. I see it all the time, people spend so much time texting and fb'ing with people (especially young folks) that they can not function and carry on a conversation in actual social situations with real people. I've seen it with my own eyes with young family members. Its quite disturbing.

Ever seen the movie Idiocracy? That is exactly where we are headed.
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
FB is a great outlet for lots of stuff. Reconnecting with old friends, support for people who need it, lots of positive things I've seen on FB. Just gotta find it in a sea of bull ****. Nothing pisses me off more than spending time with people who are constantly pecking away at their phones. If I'm spending my time hanging out with you, my phone is in my pocket. Unless it rings, it stays there. I hate what we have become and battle it daily.
So right on both responses. I get sick of it. You go out with a group of friends anymore and people are always on their phones. It's like noone can take the time to relax and just spend time visiting with people. They always feel the need to be doing something.

I once went out with a girl that was on her phone pretty much the entirety of dinner. When that was over, I took her home and she was shocked that I didn't want to see her again. I was like "I didn't really see you this time, maybe I'll text you instead" How rude!
Old 2/15/14, 08:03 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
My life is fulfilled and complete without FB so why **** up a good thing. Don't need it. Don't want it. Don't have time for it. You people are my FB. God help you.
Lol fb would be better if it were organized like TMS/any forum. The problem is people would only post in "off topic" or "bullsh*t" just like they do here, and very rarely post anything in the serious areas
Old 2/15/14, 02:19 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
Lol fb would be better if it were organized like TMS/any forum. The problem is people would only post in "off topic" or "bullsh*t" just like they do here, and very rarely post anything in the serious areas
Take that zuckerberg
Old 2/15/14, 02:24 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Scothew
Take that zuckerberg

Well if he steals it somebody's gonna get paid again
Old 2/15/14, 03:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking up trucks
Old 2/15/14, 05:20 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Watching Marley and Me love this movie
Old 2/15/14, 06:20 PM

Doesn't something happen at the end?
Old 2/15/14, 06:25 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Usually the credits, Nathan
Old 2/15/14, 06:26 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Doesn't something happen at the end?
Originally Posted by StangMahn
Old 2/15/14, 06:27 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by StangMahn
lol, that's what I always when people ask me how a movie ends.
Old 2/15/14, 06:28 PM
Legacy Tms Member

I cry every single time
Old 2/15/14, 06:54 PM

I refuse to watch movies that have similar endings. And no I haven't seen it.