Received 609 Likes on 438 Posts
Well that's a fine how do you do.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/11...tcmp=obnetwork
Old 12/14/12, 01:48 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dec 14, 9:38 AM EST

Blackout leads to threat against Medford station

MEDFORD, Ore. (AP) -- Police say a man who was upset he couldn't watch local Fox programming from his satellite TV provider threatened to blow up the KMVU Fox 26 station in Medford and shoot a specific employee.
Police arrested 47-year-old Jeffry Alan Sebastian Wednesday on charges of attempted coercion and harassment.
The Fox affiliate and Dish Network failed to negotiate a deal last month, leading to a blackout.

The Mail Tribune reports Sebastian can watch Fox programs on the jail's TV sets.

Old 12/14/12, 02:14 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by cdynaco

The Mail Tribune reports Sebastian can watch Fox programs on the jail's TV sets.
Old 12/14/12, 03:36 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Hey buddy, could you lend me a hand with some extra cash?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/m...-hand-17978041
Old 12/14/12, 10:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow that's crazy and pretty funny
Old 12/15/12, 09:30 AM
Post *****

Circus claims vodka saves elephants in Siberia

Dec 14, 6:40 AM EST

MOSCOW (AP) -- Circus trainers claim two of their elephants were saved from the deadly Siberian cold by vodka.
Emergency ministry spokesman Alexander Davydov said Friday that the elephants were in a trailer that caught fire Thursday outside the city of Novosibirsk, forcing trainers to take them out into the bitter cold before another truck arrived to deliver them to a warm gym at a local community college.
The Komsomolskaya Pravda daily reported that trainer Leonid Labo had the animals, aged 45 and 48, drink 10 liters (2.6 gallons) of vodka diluted in warm water - and a veterinarian said later that only the tips of their ears were frostbitten.
Although scientists say that alcohol can make humans feel warmer but actually lowers their core body temperature, Novosibisk zoo director Rostislav Shilo told the daily that the vodka saved the animals from frostbite and pneumonia, without harming or even intoxicating them.
Old 12/18/12, 10:39 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

WOW.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/...-police-report
Old 12/19/12, 07:25 AM
Post *****

excerpt:

Female US cop caught on tape giving two women body cavity search during routine traffic stop... and 'using the SAME gloves on both'

Angel Dobbs, 38, and niece Ashley Dobbs, 24, were pulled over on State Highway 161 near Irving, Texas

18 December 2012

Two Texas women are suing after state troopers subjected them to a humiliating and invasive 'roadside body cavity search' that was caught on video.

Female trooper Kellie Helleson is seen in the footage aggressively searching the private parts of Angel Dobbs, 38, and her niece, Ashley Dobbs, 24, in front of passing cars.

The women, who claim the trooper used the same rubber glove for both of them, were initially stopped by Helleson's colleague David Farrell on State Highway 161 near Irving after he saw one of them throw a cigarette butt out the window.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ught-tape.html

Last edited by cdynaco; 12/19/12 at 07:26 AM.
Old 12/19/12, 09:20 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts

excerpt:
While I don't see probable cause to do a cavity search, I'm also unaware of that state's marijuana laws. The smell could have been probable cause, but typically searches don't start with the person's cavities! That being said, I couldn't judge how these women were acting without seeing it, but their voices didn't sound stressed - they seemed to be pretty cooperative in fact. And from the video, it's hard to tell, but it doesn't look like there's any "insertion" going on - flap open the cheeks here, flip open the lips there and they're done. It's pretty hard to do a full cavity search with their clothes completely on and on the side of the road. Plus neither woman looked like she was in discomfort when the officer was doing the search - the first one actually laughed at the end. I think the fact that the cops didn't find anything prompted the lawsuit, but it looks like they were both stretching the truth (cops and "victims") in this case.
Old 12/19/12, 09:24 AM
Post *****

That dang Constitution....

Amendment IV
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
Old 12/19/12, 09:33 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Amendment IV
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
Right, obviously. And I considered that, but neither of them declined the search, and the smell of marijuana was probable cause to search the vehicle. Like I said, you can't really see their actions when they're sitting in the car, but if they looked like they hid something or were hiding something on their person, the smell alone and actions of fidgeting or appearing to be concealing something are probable cause. I'm not saying that's right, especially considering their voices not sounding stressed at all (going off all that I can observe from the video), but that's just what I saw and can see being brought up in court.

Another, less invasive, measure they could have used is a canine unit - could've sniffed the car and both women and in seconds let us know if they had anything on them.
Old 12/19/12, 09:39 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,184 Likes on 1,630 Posts
I would have taken a dump in my shorts and then said go ahead and search that!!! WTH!!! They were way to calm in my opinion! But then if a female police officer was gonna give me a body cavity check...
Old 12/19/12, 09:41 AM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
But then if a female police officer was gonna give me a body cavity check...
I would say GET A ****ING WARRANT!
Old 12/19/12, 10:23 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I would say GET A ****ING WARRANT!
Smell of mj = probable cause to search the vehicle. Fidgeting or bulge in pockets, combined with smell = probable cause to search the person. Again, neither of them declined and they were very compliant. And again, I didn't say it's right to search people who clearly don't know their rights, but when these two are throwing cigarettes out the window (1. Could start a fire and 2. I've had an idiot throw his butt out the window in front of me and it bounced just right to get lodged in between my headlight and bumper on my '00, burning a hole in my bumper - I didn't notice til a month later when I was waxing it) and they're hanging around a dirtbag boyfriend who smoke/transports marijuana in his car, I have no sympathy.

If I were on that stop, I would've informed them I had probable cause to search the vehicle, while running their licenses and the vehicle to see if it's stolen, and if I didn't find anything and their records were clean, I would've let them go with their tickets for littering. If there were a K-9 unit in the area, I might have had them come by, but it depends on how strong the smell was and how awkwardly they were acting - from the video, they seem very calm and compliant, but we can't judge the smell. I've been in/near cars that smell like straight dank - in which case, I'd bring the dog in and throw the book at them because if they're smoking cigs and weed, they're probably on their way to doing more.

Last edited by laserred38; 12/19/12 at 10:24 AM.
Old 12/19/12, 10:27 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,184 Likes on 1,630 Posts
Yeah but when is appropriate to run their carts out in the public?!?
Old 12/20/12, 03:32 PM
Post *****

Trooper In Irving Body Cavity Search Lawsuit Suspended
December 19, 2012
A Texas State Trooper who was thrust into the spotlight Tuesday after dash camera video showing her giving body cavity searches to two women became public has been suspended.
Trooper Kelly Helleson was suspended Wednesday, the day after the two women she searched as part of a traffic stop earlier this year sued her and another trooper for what they called a violation of their privacy.
DPS spokesperson Katherine Cesinger tells CBS 11 all troopers are “Obligated to act reasonably so as to comply with the Fourth Amendment of the United States Constitution as well as the Texas Constitution and other applicable statutory provisions. Any search that unreasonably invades the bodily integrity of a citizen is in violation of the Fourth Amendment and is therefore in violation of DPS policy.”
The attorney for the women, Scott Palmer, said the suspension shows the DPS is taking action, but was still disappointed in the incident. “That shows me they’re being professional, but it’s still unfortunate that it takes a lawsuit to get that that kind of attention, that remedial action to get her off the streets.”
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/12/19/t...uit-suspended/
Old 12/21/12, 10:04 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Interesting...

Old 12/21/12, 04:29 PM
Post *****

Formal Reprimand Issued To Flatulent Federal Worker

Man's gas blamed for creating "intolerable" workplace

DECEMBER 21--A federal employee was formally reprimanded this month for excessive workplace flatulence, a sanction that was delivered to him in a five-page letter that actually included a log of representative dates and times when he was recorded “releasing the awful and unpleasant odor” in his Baltimore office.
In a December 10 letter accusing him of “conduct unbecoming a federal officer,” the Social Security Administration employee was informed that his “uncontrollable flatulence” had created an “intolerable” and “hostile” environment for coworkers, several of whom have lodged complaints with supervisors.
The worker, a 38-year-old Maryland resident, reportedly submitted evidence that he suffered from “some medical conditions” that, at times, caused him to be unable to work full days. But a SSA manager noted in the reprimand letter that, “nothing that you have submitted has indicated that you would have uncontrollable flatulence. It is my belief that you can control this condition.”
A redacted copy of the letter was recently circulated among officers of the American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE), the union that represents the SSA worker. Contacted today at his office, the employee said, “I can’t talk to you about this, I’m sorry.” The employee is being represented in connection with the reprimand by a lawyer for his union, AFGE Local 1923. Cynthia Ennis, president of the Baltimore-based local, did not respond to e-mail and phone messages about the matter.

The SSA worker is pictured with his wife in the above photo, which apparently was taken at an amusement park (yes, he is standing at the left shoulder of someone dressed as Pepe Le Pew). The employee is a claims authorizer at the SSA center that handles disability cases for the entire country.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...-by-gas-645132
Old 12/24/12, 12:00 PM
Post *****

Amendment IV
update:

Texas roadside body cavity search case to go to grand jury

Published December 19, 2012

The case involving two Texas women who claim they were subjected to an illegal and humiliating 'roadside body cavity search' will be investigated by the Dallas County District Attorney’s office of public integrity and will go before a grand jury next month, The Dallas Morning News reported.

The women reportedly denied having any marijuana. The trooper didn't believe them and called for a female officer to conduct a search, the report said.
Angel Hobbs and her niece said the search happened on the side the road and in front of the patrol car’s camera. Video shows the female officer's hand on their breasts and down the back and front of both women's pants.
She did not change plastic gloves between the searches, the women said.
"We believe that he pretextually made it up, fabricated it. There was no marijuana smell," said Scott Palmer, their attorney.

"I was molested. I was violated. I was humiliated in front of other traffic. I had to witness my niece go through the same thing," Angel Hobbs said.

Attorney Pete Schulte, a former cop who is not associated with the case, said he can't determine just by looking at the video if the search went to the point of the women being violated.
"If they did go that far then that becomes aggravated sexual assault because with the fourth amendment and with my years as police and in my years as an attorney and training at the police academy this would not happen," he said.

Other law enforcement sources agreed that these types of searches don't happen out in public, but the women claim it did happen to them.
"I don't know what I could say or what I could do. I felt hopeless," Ashley Hobbs said.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/19...ntcmp=obinsite
Old 1/5/13, 01:00 PM
Post *****

Suspect goes to jail, with a detour for church
January 5, 2013
VANCOUVER, Wash. (AP) — Bringing a wanted fugitive to church in handcuffs is not exactly traditional, David Regan acknowledges.
But if it's the last place that person goes before being sent to the slammer, perhaps tradition should be broken a little more often.

Bail agents Regan and Lew Ervin were at Faith Center Church about half an hour before the 10:30 a.m. Sunday service Nov. 11 when Regan got the call to arrest Scott Irvin.
The 25-year-old was wanted for jumping bail. He failed to appear at a court sentencing hearing for burglarizing a house in Salmon Creek in February.
An informant said Irvin would be waiting for a ride outside an apartment complex in Vancouver, where he sometimes stayed.
Regan and Lew Ervin left church in Regan's truck and parked at the Shell station across the street from the apartment complex. They bought a couple of pizza pockets and sat in a booth in the gas station, where they had a clear view of the apartments.
Vancouver police patrolled the area in case something went awry during the arrest. But Regan, he said, had a feeling they would find this man and it would all turn out OK.
About 10 minutes later, Irvin walked out of the apartment complex wearing all black and a black backpack. Regan walked out of the gas station to make sure it was him. They said "hi" to each other as they passed.
That's him, Regan radioed to Lew Ervin.
They jogged after Irvin, who had walked north into an open field. They pulled out their badges and yelled for Irvin to get down on the ground. They handcuffed him and brought him to Regan's truck.

When they patted down Irvin, they found syringes and a tie-off, typically used to inject drugs. In his backpack were burglary tools: filed down keys and pliers, along with coat hangers.
Then, they started to talk.
"I will never forget him because he was pretty brutally honest," Regan said.
Irvin said he felt guilty when his brother hanged himself years ago. Why hadn't he been able to stop it? Why hadn't he done something? He fell into heroin to ease the stinging regret, and stole to feed his habit.
He knew he was a wanted felon. He knew he needed to turn himself in. Irvin said his girlfriend was pregnant and he wanted to serve his sentence after she had the baby.
Irvin's biggest fear, he said, was that he would be a bad father. He worried he wouldn't be around and his choices would rub off on his child, who would lead a similar criminal life on the street.
Serve your time, change your ways and get out while your kid is still young, Regan advised.

And then, their drive en route to the Clark County Jail took a detour.
Would you want to go to church with us? Regan asked. They could still make the end of the service.
I would love to, Irvin said.
Back at Faith Center on Northeast 117th Avenue, they handcuffed Irvin in front and wrapped his jacket around his hands to conceal the handcuffs.
Don't try anything, they warned him; somehow, though, they knew this candid young man wouldn't stir trouble.

The sermon?
How to be a good parent.
As Pastor Glen Johnson spoke of breaking the generation curse and leading a good life for your children and your children's children, Irvin started to cry.
The pastor's message felt like so much more than coincidence.
Irvin cried throughout the sermon, cried during communion and cried as five members of the church — who had served their prison time and recovered from drug addiction — prayed over him.
"He needed to experience that," Regan said.
Regan and Lew Ervin took him to Wendy's for a couple of chicken burgers and a Frosty. Then, they dropped him off at the Clark County Jail.
Irvin thanked Regan and Lew Ervin.
"I'm not a bad guy," he said. "I'm trying."

Irvin is serving 43 months for bail jumping and 60 months for residential burglary at the Washington Corrections Center in Shelton.
Regan has been a bail enforcement agent for 12 years and is the owner of Regan Bail Bonds. He says he's arresting more and more drug-addicted youth younger than 25 who steal to feed their lifestyle.
"These guys will slip up multiple times," he said.
He finds heroin needles on them and often has to get physical to arrest them. Certain versions of a stun gun prove useless when used on drug addicts, who already have an overloaded nervous system and high pain tolerance, he said.
"A lot of these guys in their heart want to do good, but once that drug enters their body . it brings out a dark side, a dark passenger that they don't want to be," Regan said. "We don't always know what a guy will do when he gets out of jail."
He'll arrest them and bail them out of jail again and again. He knows it's hard. He knows addicts desperately want to avoid the excruciating pain of withdrawal. They've already heard that they're losers, that they're burdens on society and that people hate them.
"It's not going to help their life at all," Regan said.
Instead, he focuses on the notion that maybe, someday, somehow, after fulfilling their sentence and finding help, they'll get clean and stay clean.
It's a notion that requires a little leap of faith.

Quick Reply: In the (whack) news... post 'em if you got 'em