Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

In the (whack) news... post 'em if you got 'em

Search this Thread

Old 12/31/13 | 03:47 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Old 12/31/13 | 04:14 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Since you guys don't have Facebook, here is the letter.

Old 12/31/13 | 05:57 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco

Starbucks goes after Mo. pub for 'frappicino' brew

Posted on December 31, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Updated today at 10:50 AM
ST. CHARLES COUNTY, Mo. – A Cottleville watering hole has written an open letter to Starbucks and mailed a check for $6 after receiving a cease and desist letter from the coffee chain over the use of the word "frappicino."

Exit 6 Pub and Brewery posted on its Facebook page Thursday night a copy of a letter they received earlier this month from Anessa Owen Kramer, an attorney representing Starbucks.
Kramer wrote to Exit 6 requesting they no longer call one of their beers "frappicino" because it "is likely to cause confusion, mistake, or deception among customers, who may mistakenly believe that Exit 6 or this beer product is affiliated with or licensed by Starbucks Coffee Co., when they are not." The name was brought to the attention of the company through the beer website Untappd.

Jeff Britton, owner of Exit 6, fired back in a sarcastic letter to Kramer and "Mr. Bucks." He explains he will no longer use the words "frappucino" or "frappicino" and will refer to them in the letter as "The F Word."

"When I got that letter, I had to laugh. I don't blame Starbucks for doing what they did, I understand why they did it and they had every right to do it. But I'm a small brewery, small bar, in a small town, that makes small batches of beer," said Exit 6 owner Jeff Britton.

Britton wrote the brewpub has sold "at least 38 drinks" in Cottleville, and never meant to deceive customers. He noted only three customers "checked into" the beer on Untappd, and enclosed a $6 check for the "full amount of profit gained from the sale of those 3 beers."

"We just want to help a business like Starbucks. Us small business owners need to stick together," Britton wrote.
http://www.kgw.com/news/national/Loc...238277821.html
Awesome. Starbucks just gave that guy and his pub more free advertising and attention than he could have afforded for years. They also drew attention to themselves as a company completely focused on protecting their profits and not at all interested in the personal side of business. They will lose customers over this. Chuckle, chuckle.

Last edited by kcoTiger; 12/31/13 at 06:02 PM.
Old 1/8/14 | 06:27 PM

An ex-Marine was arrested yesterday for killing his stepfather during a brawl that included the accused man giving an “atomic wedgie” to the bloodied victim, who was on all fours in the living room of his Oklahoma residence.

Brad Davis, 33, was charged yesterday with the December 21 murder of Denver St. Clair, with whom Davis had been drinking beer and eating deer chili, according to a probable cause affidavit filed Tuesday in Pottawatomie County District Court.

Davis told police that he began arguing with St. Clair when the older man “began speaking ill of his mother.” A physical confrontation ensued, and Davis repeatedly pummeled St. Clair to the ground, investigators charge.

Davis told cops that St. Clair was “still moving and moaning” when he “grabbed St. Clair’s underwear and gave him an ‘atomic wedgie.’” The probable cause affidavit notes that, “Upon clarification, Davis said he pulled St. Clair’s underwear up over St. Clair’s head.”

Police reported that St. Clair suffered “multiple blunt force injuries to the face” and that his “elastic underwear waistband had been stretched up over his head and left a ligature mark around St. Clair’s neck.”

In a subsequent report, a state medical examiner ruled that St. Clair’s cause of death was “homicide due to blunt force trauma and/or asphyxiation.”

Pictured above, Davis is jailed without bond. He faces a maximum of life in prison if convicted of the murder count.
http://www.mnpoliceclips.com/video-d...ic-wedgie.html
Old 1/8/14 | 06:43 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

WOW!! Just, wow!! Its like "The Library" episode of Seinfeld.
Old 1/8/14 | 11:23 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
WOW!! Just, wow!! Its like "The Library" episode of Seinfeld.
Cantstandya, Cantstandya!
Old 1/9/14 | 01:32 AM
Bullitt Member

There have been times I believe my underwear could have been considered a deadly weapon.

If this were to happen where I live, I sure they would pass laws requiring us to register our skivvies or go commando! Grrrr
Old 1/12/14 | 01:47 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Freakin' idiots, they're everywhere.

Convicted Oregon pimp sues Nike over lack of shoe warning label

An Oregon pimp has filed a $100 million lawsuit against Nike, claiming that the shoe manufacturer failed to warn consumers that the shoes could be used as a deadly weapon.
According to the Oregonian newspaper, Sirgiorgio Clardy was found guilty of second-degree assault early last year for using his Nike brand Jordan shoes to stomp the face of a man who was trying to leave a Portland hotel without paying one of Clardy's prostitutes. The man ultimately needed stitches and plastic surgery to repair the damage Clardy and his shoes had done to him. Clardy was also convicted of compelling prostitution and first-degree robbery in the case.
This past July, Clardy, 26, was declared a dangerous offender and sentenced to 100 years in prison, with the possibility of parole after 36 years.
Clardy filed a three-page handwritten complaint addressed to Nike's chairman, Phil Knight, and other executives at the company.
"Do (sic) to the fact that these defendants named in this Tort claim failed to warn of risk or to provide an adequate warning or instruction it has caused personal injury in the likes of mental suffering," Clardy's complaint read, in part. According to the Oregonian, Clardy went on to claim that he has tried to kill himself through starvation and other methods multiple times.
Nike has not yet been served with the suit, nor has the company made any public response.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/01/12...ntcmp=trending
Old 1/17/14 | 10:41 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Flying Car

Doesn't really look ready for prime time. Can you imagine the average moron driving/flying this thing? I'm guessing insurance will be slightly cost prohibitive.
http://www.courant.com/videogallery/...gs-In-Slovakia

Last edited by wheelman; 1/17/14 at 10:42 AM. Reason: added title
Old 1/27/14 | 02:17 PM
Post *****

Angry Birds - Pt 2?

Birds of pray: Doves released in the Vatican as a gesture of peace are immediately ATTACKED by vicious seagull and crow

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2rWlsTx2O
Old 1/27/14 | 02:22 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Angry Birds - Pt 2?

Birds of pray: Doves released in the Vatican as a gesture of peace are immediately ATTACKED by vicious seagull and crow

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2rWlsTx2O
Life imitating life
Old 1/27/14 | 04:00 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Originally Posted by wheelman
Life imitating life
Yep all of them are rats with wings!
Old 2/3/14 | 04:04 PM
Post *****

Introducing the **** cam!

FDA approves pill camera to screen colon
Feb 3, 5:53 PM EST

WASHINGTON (AP) -- A kinder, gentler approach to one of the most dreaded exams in medicine is on the way: U.S. regulators have cleared a bite-size camera to help screen patients who have trouble with colonoscopies.
The ingestible pill camera from Given Imaging is designed to help doctors spot polyps and other early signs of colon cancer. The Food and Drug Administration cleared the device for patients who have had trouble with the cringe-inducing colonoscopy procedure, which involves probing the large intestine with a tiny camera embedded in a four-foot long, flexible tube.
The Israeli company's technology, developed from missile defense systems, uses a battery-powered camera to take high-speed photos as it slowly winds its way through the intestinal tract over eight hours. The images are transmitted to a recording device worn around the patient's waist and later reviewed by a doctor.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...02-03-13-30-46
Old 2/3/14 | 04:11 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

If it will get men to have their colon examined, it's a good thing.
Old 2/3/14 | 04:15 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
If it will get men to have their colon examined, it's a good thing.
Yeah its a lot better than the "black snake" as my old man would call it.

But still funny. I mean the **** doctors come up with!
Old 2/3/14 | 04:16 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Yeah its a lot better than the "black snake" as my old man would call it.

But still funny. I mean the **** doctors come up with!
I wouldn't bet against this being the brainchild of someone who has some really uncomfortable memories of that snake.
Old 2/7/14 | 07:10 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

The question is, is the camera retrieved and reused or does it get flushed upon exit?
Old 2/7/14 | 12:41 PM
Bullitt Member

I guess that depends on the deposit!
Old 2/24/14 | 10:26 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Farmer sets up cameras to bust upstate New Yorkers making **** with his cows

Old 5/3/14 | 11:13 AM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...?utm_hp_ref=tw
This is the pet for you if you want to get a head.

Teenagers in China are taking leashed cabbages on "walks" as a means to cope with loneliness and depression, according to the Metro.

"I feel I can transfer my negative thoughts about myself to the cabbage, go for a walk with it and come home feeling better about myself," 17-year-old Lui Ja Chen, who explained, according to the Austrian Times.

Another 17-year-old, Da-Xia Sung, said "I have more interest for my cabbage than I do my parents. I feel it understands me."

Psychiatrist Wen Chao, 56, believes this cabbage therapy can be helpful, but warns that cabbage confidantes should not replace actual human contact.

"At the end of the day someone real to talk to is much healthier," Chao said.

Fresh cabbages can last for one to two weeks in the refrigerator. Although it's unclear how routinely taking a cabbage out and dragging it around the sidewalk can affect spoilage, it'll probably render the vegetable inedible pretty quickly.
This has to be a joke.

Quick Reply: In the (whack) news... post 'em if you got 'em