Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Remember When......

Search this Thread

Old 4/5/15, 04:58 PM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by ZGrand
Remember Tang?
It works great for cleaning the inside of your dishwasher.
Old 4/5/15, 05:01 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,678 Posts
Originally Posted by GrnT
Ovaltine to I'll bet.
Old 4/5/15, 06:13 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
...you were young.
You shone like the sun.
Old 4/5/15, 06:52 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
"Why do the call it Ovaltine? The mug is round. The jar is round. They should call it Roundtine. That's gold Jerry! Gold!"
Old 4/6/15, 02:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Well there's you problem, lol. Anybody walks into this house uninvited, they're going to leave in a bag with holes in them. Whether I'm here or not, lol. This is a very unfriendly place for people that are not known or are uninvited. Goes back a long way, we don't take kindly to people that cross that threshold uninvited. LOL. Everyone in this house is trained in every aspect of firearms, they respect them and know how to use them. They are also trained that anyone that forces their way into this house is a target that will be taken out. Either by me, the ol' lady or the boy, we all know where the the weapons are and all know how to use them and when to use them.
Just because I don't have a CCW, doesn't mean I don't own or have firearms around

It's impossible to get a CCW in my county, at least right now. Gun supporters are working on that though. Still, by CA law, if someone enters your home you have to retreat to the farthest room and wait until the perp is about to cause you bodily harm before you can pump him full of lead. How retarded is that? If I'm sitting on the couch and someone breaks in, by law, we have to run into the back room before we can defend ourselves with a firearm.

Like I said though, I always have at least one weapon of some kind on my person, and things that can be used as such in the car. Doesn't beat having a concealed firearm though... soon, hopefully.

On that note, I just picked up a complete AR upper from AR15depot.com from their Easter sale. Can't wait to finally put my rifle together! Next will be shotgun for "home defense," and I guess I'll have to hide it in the back room lol. Actually, in CA, if you have children in the home, you're not legally allowed to leave weapons loaded either. They need to be unloaded and in a safe, unless you're LE. I hate this state.
Old 4/6/15, 03:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
What about a loaded magazine, does that count?

Speaking of remember when, remember when ammo was cheap!
Old 4/6/15, 03:39 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281
What about a loaded magazine, does that count? Speaking of remember when, remember when ammo was cheap!
Remember when the pussyass libtards did not run the country?
Old 4/6/15, 03:44 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by phiggs54
Remember when the pussyass libtards did not run the country?
No

Seems like it's always been that way

Since FDR at least
Old 4/6/15, 03:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by tom281
What about a loaded magazine, does that count? Speaking of remember when, remember when ammo was cheap!
Mag doesn't count, but needs to be out of the gun and both locked up. What's the point of having a home defense weapon right? Not legally allowed to use it if they break in, and not legally allowed to have it ready to go.
Old 4/6/15, 03:47 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
No

Seems like it's always been that way

Since FDR at least
That freakin' Woodrow Wilson really got the ball rolling.
Old 4/6/15, 03:49 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
That freakin' Woodrow Wilson really got the ball rolling.

Don't forget Teddy too

SOB

"trustbuster"
Old 4/6/15, 06:50 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,678 Posts
I blame Grover!!!
Old 4/6/15, 07:09 PM
Post *****

Alexander Hamilton was a tool too
Old 4/6/15, 10:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If George Washington had had any hair on his ****, he woulda swapped those sissy wooden dentures for a set made with razor-edged cutlery steel.
Old 4/6/15, 10:09 PM
Post *****

Don't even get me started on George III. ****ing German ****!
Old 4/6/15, 10:49 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Just because I don't have a CCW, doesn't mean I don't own or have firearms around

It's impossible to get a CCW in my county, at least right now. Gun supporters are working on that though. Still, by CA law, if someone enters your home you have to retreat to the farthest room and wait until the perp is about to cause you bodily harm before you can pump him full of lead. How retarded is that? If I'm sitting on the couch and someone breaks in, by law, we have to run into the back room before we can defend ourselves with a firearm.

Like I said though, I always have at least one weapon of some kind on my person, and things that can be used as such in the car. Doesn't beat having a concealed firearm though... soon, hopefully.

On that note, I just picked up a complete AR upper from AR15depot.com from their Easter sale. Can't wait to finally put my rifle together! Next will be shotgun for "home defense," and I guess I'll have to hide it in the back room lol. Actually, in CA, if you have children in the home, you're not legally allowed to leave weapons loaded either. They need to be unloaded and in a safe, unless you're LE. I hate this state.
I got curious about this and did some searches and could NOT find any evidence that you have to retreat in Cal. Sources indicated that Cal (like most other states) has a stand-your-ground law which states that you DO NOT have an obligation to retreat before using deadly force.
Old 4/6/15, 11:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by tukatz
I got curious about this and did some searches and could NOT find any evidence that you have to retreat in Cal. Sources indicated that Cal (like most other states) has a stand-your-ground law which states that you DO NOT have an obligation to retreat before using deadly force.
I have to recheck where I've read that then. I'm wondering if it was a county by count ordinance. Hold please...lemme see what I can find.
Old 4/6/15, 11:16 PM
Cobra Member

I must admit I was prepared to believe that The Peoples' Republic of California would have such a law. This morning my wife told be that in Cal one can be fined for taking too long a shower. I pictured a message broadcast to the Moonbeam Youth. Children, when your father starts the shower start your timer. If, 7 1/2 minutes later the shower is still running, call this number.
Old 4/6/15, 11:22 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by tukatz
This morning my wife told be that in Cal one can be fined for taking too long a shower. I pictured a message broadcast to the Moonbeam Youth. Children, when your father starts the shower start your timer. If, 7 1/2 minutes later the shower is still running, call this number.
Old 4/7/15, 12:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
...Still, by CA law, if someone enters your home you have to retreat to the farthest room and wait until the perp is about to cause you bodily harm before you can pump him full of lead.

You don't necessarily have to run but you do need to reasonably be in fear of your life or that of another. The fact that they have forced their way into your home doesn't establish they intend to harm you in Cal. I know, I know...makes no sense to me either!

Actually, in CA, if you have children in the home, you're not legally allowed to leave weapons loaded either. They need to be unloaded and in a safe, unless you're LE. I hate this state.

You can have a loaded firearm in the home with children but...

"You may be guilty of a misdemeanor or a felony if you keep a loaded firearm within any premises that are under your custody or control and a child under 18 years of age obtains and uses it, resulting in injury or death, or carries it to a public place, unless you stored the firearm in a locked container or locked the firearm with a locking device to temporarily keep it from functioning."

http://oag.ca.gov/firearms/tips

Quick Reply: Remember When......