Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Remember When......

Search this Thread

Old 4/4/15, 09:07 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by GrnT
I remember when there was more then one drive in movie theaters to go to.

I remember driving by and hoping it would be a nude scene
Old 4/4/15, 09:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Haaha yup when I was a kid in the back seat of my parents car hoping something good would show up.
Come to think of it every time since.
Old 4/4/15, 09:12 PM
Post *****

We had two in our town when I was a kid

One in town on the north side that was at a major intersection and showed main stream stuff and one kind of in the country on the south side that would show R rated stuff
Old 4/4/15, 09:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Ever since the whooping my dad gave me when I was a kid He found like 5 pennies i threw in my trash can
I throw them away.
Old 4/4/15, 09:25 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by ZGrand
Remember pay phones??
Yep. Back in the day I used them all the time when I got a number on my pager for "business" cough cough. Remember pagers?
I remember when there was more then one drive in movie theaters to go to.

Haaha yup when I was a kid in the back seat of my parents car hoping something good would show up.
Come to think of it every time since.

One in town on the north side that was at a major intersection and showed main stream stuff and one kind of in the country on the south side that would show R rated stuff
I loved going to the drive in. None around anymore (well there is one in the area that is still open, its sort of a novelty). Went to drive in movies all the time when I was a little guy. That's where I got started eating popcorn with pizza. We'd always get popcorn at the drive in, and we didn't have much money so they'd let me get a slice of pizza at the drive in (couldn't afford it for mom and dad, just me). I still fix popcorn every time we have pizza.

I haven't been to a movie in over 20 years.

Originally Posted by laserred38
I throw them away.
That's crazy. Its money. I keep all my change. All the silver change goes in one container all the pennies go in another.

Last time I added it up it was about $300. Need to cash it in and start again.
Old 4/4/15, 09:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I used to save them as a kid, and I have bags and jars of change that I never take in for cash. At this point, it actually is a waste of your time to carry around pennies - that's how worthless the dollar is. Besides, I never carry cash so I rarely get change, but when I do, I'm usually at lunch during the week (at work) or wearing shorts on the weekend and it'll just fall out in the Mustang and rattle around - so, I throw pennies away
Old 4/4/15, 09:44 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I used to save them as a kid, and I have bags and jars of change that I never take in for cash. At this point, it actually is a waste of your time to carry around pennies - that's how worthless the dollar is. Besides, I never carry cash so I rarely get change, but when I do, I'm usually at lunch during the week (at work) or wearing shorts on the weekend and it'll just fall out in the Mustang and rattle around - so, I throw pennies away
I like cash, I like the feel of it in my pocket, the smell of it and that its something that I can see and count out. I could probably come up with enough to buy a new car right now around the house if I emptied the safe in the office, even though I use cards for most everything. I still carry a lot of cash in my pocket.

Money talks and bull**** walks if you get stranded somewhere.
Old 4/4/15, 09:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I like cash, I like the feel of it in my pocket, the smell of it and that its something that I can see and count out. I could probably come up with enough to buy a new car right now around the house if I emptied the safe in the office, even though I use cards for most everything. I still carry a lot of cash in my pocket. Money talks and bull**** walks if you get stranded somewhere.
I always keep some stashed in my cars, but never carry it on me because I never do anything fun anymore. I'm either working or with my entire family on Saturday, Sunday I spend at home with Liam because the ol lady works, so we usually don't go anywhere. I just don't see it necessary to have more stuff to be robbed of. I don't have a CCW, but always have various weapons on me, yet either way...you just don't know in my area.
Old 4/4/15, 10:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Our town had two as well. My first "real" job was at the one north of town, close to where we lived. I started out working in the snack bar, and occasionally walking the ramps with a flashlight to reassure folks that someone in authority (a short 16 year-old kid) was looking out for their welfare. My starting pay was $0.60 an hour-- a penny a minute!-- but I advanced to taking patrons' money to the box office girl and returning with their ticket stubs, which paid the princely sum of $0.65 an hour! There were a few really good perks, though.
Old 4/4/15, 11:33 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I always keep some stashed in my cars, but never carry it on me because I never do anything fun anymore. I'm either working or with my entire family on Saturday, Sunday I spend at home with Liam because the ol lady works, so we usually don't go anywhere. I just don't see it necessary to have more stuff to be robbed of. I don't have a CCW, but always have various weapons on me, yet either way...you just don't know in my area.
Well there's you problem, lol.

Anybody walks into this house uninvited, they're going to leave in a bag with holes in them. Whether I'm here or not, lol. This is a very unfriendly place for people that are not known or are uninvited. Goes back a long way, we don't take kindly to people that cross that threshold uninvited. LOL. Everyone in this house is trained in every aspect of firearms, they respect them and know how to use them. They are also trained that anyone that forces their way into this house is a target that will be taken out. Either by me, the ol' lady or the boy, we all know where the the weapons are and all know how to use them and when to use them.
Old 4/5/15, 08:49 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Well there's you problem, lol.

Anybody walks into this house uninvited, they're going to leave in a bag with holes in them. Whether I'm here or not, lol. This is a very unfriendly place for people that are not known or are uninvited. Goes back a long way, we don't take kindly to people that cross that threshold uninvited. LOL. Everyone in this house is trained in every aspect of firearms, they respect them and know how to use them. They are also trained that anyone that forces their way into this house is a target that will be taken out. Either by me, the ol' lady or the boy, we all know where the the weapons are and all know how to use them and when to use them.
Ya, I'm never coming to visit you.
Old 4/5/15, 09:39 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,678 Posts
LMAO I did the same thing. I also snuck in one time to an x-rated flick but it was weird with no sound!
I like cash, I like the feel of it in my pocket, the smell of it and that its something that I can see and count out. I could probably come up with enough to buy a new car right now around the house if I emptied the safe in the office, even though I use cards for most everything. I still carry a lot of cash in my pocket. Money talks and bull**** walks if you get stranded somewhere.
Baller status!!! I never turn down the opportunity to pu a penny. It also cracks me up that some people are so superstitious and will only pu a penny if it is heads up?
Old 4/5/15, 10:07 AM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
My wife tells me that when she was a child her mother would not buy a watermelon until they got down to three cents a pound. Recently we say a display of watermelons outside a store and they were priced at $5.99 each. I commented to my wife that they must be 200 pound watermelons.
Old 4/5/15, 12:43 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
LMAO I did the same thing. I also snuck in one time to an x-rated flick but it was weird with no sound!

Baller status!!! I never turn down the opportunity to pu a penny. It also cracks me up that some people are so superstitious and will only pu a penny if it is heads up?
I won't bother to pick up a penny, but I will always pick up any silver change on the ground.
Old 4/5/15, 12:46 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by tukatz
My wife tells me that when she was a child her mother would not buy a watermelon until they got down to three cents a pound. Recently we say a display of watermelons outside a store and they were priced at $5.99 each. I commented to my wife that they must be 200 pound watermelons.
I don't ever remember seeing watermelons sold by the pound. My grandpa and uncles would always plant a row of watermelons in the garden so I don't ever remember us buying one when I was a kid.
Old 4/5/15, 04:38 PM
GT Member

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Remember Tang?

(They still make it!)
Old 4/5/15, 04:41 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by ZGrand
Remember Tang?

(They still make it!)
I don't recall ever having any Tang.
Old 4/5/15, 04:42 PM
Post *****

I don't recall ever having any Tang.
My best friends mom kept it in her cupboard and tried gave it to us for breakfast instead of orange juice.
Old 4/5/15, 04:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
My best friends mom kept it in her cupboard and tried gave it to us for breakfast instead of orange juice.
Ovaltine to I'll bet.
Old 4/5/15, 04:58 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Seems like I remember seeing a jar at my cousin's house, but never tried it.

Ovaltine to I'll bet.
Never had that either. I actually don't think I've ever even seen any.

Quick Reply: Remember When......