Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Lets hear it-soap opera How you met moments

Search this Thread

Old 5/17/05, 06:53 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, since my love more than anyone on earth one is travelling(Jersey)and I am feeling nostalgic right now:

How did you meet em?
I like to think I got one of the great love stories that would make a good Sunday night movie....

Once upon a time I was entangled in a mess of my own making..I married for money not love....
On my 19th bdayMy ex husband(married 18 miserable months) mother flew me to Chicago where he was living at the time- HUGE HUGE mistake(well for him anyhow)...
He said these words: This is my Friend Brian .......and that was the end. You know when you meet someone and the electricity shoots off? From that second on, I wanted to spend every single second with him(well as friends cause I was trying to behave- you know love from afar?) He is all I thought about for over a year, even though he had a girlfriend or 3, and I saw him exactly 3 times after I left Chicago.
Flash forward 18 months later. I had my spectacular little baby girl and was now living in Virginia outside of DC. It was February, and it was cold and I had been abandoned outside for "just a minute" I got cold and pissed off.......and walked into a building=I walked in, and walked smack into Brian again. It was kind of like Fireworks exploding...you know the drill. I honest to God saw stars.From that second on we were inseperable.
From that second it was over. I had been stone cold in love for over a year....But all the stars lined up at that exact moment, and everything just WOW.
Memorial Day 1994:
He was flying home from his mothers, I picked him up from the airport(national in DC).......We finally let it all out-over lunch at Pizza hut outside of Quantico and Mr. Jones on the radio in my look at me I am sooo cool black Sunbird. That night:
I disentangled myself from my mess, Moved out in the middle of the night to a Friends house and have not looked back one day.
We got engaged in June of 1994- at his friends bday party while Anniversary by Robert Plant played in the background.
We got married in September of 1994, Saw the USA, Worked our way up from the bottom and 11 years later, two spectacular little chillins, and lots of happiness and road bumps later....Holy Mama. Love him more every day.

Our Song? Still the one by Orleans.

Top that
Old 5/17/05, 07:07 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why is it woman remember that stuff so much better than men? I just met my fiance about 2 and half years ago and I can't remember hardly any details about it. Probably because we didn't actually start dating until a year or so later.

Song: Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts
Old 5/17/05, 07:21 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Cause without us Women remembering stuff, men would walk around in a WTF do I do now fog.....
Old 5/17/05, 07:28 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I like walking around in that fog.
Old 5/17/05, 07:29 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I remember when I wanted to ask my wife to marry me, I wanted a "Sleeping Beauty" barbie to do it with (long story). I could not find one anywhere - not even Ebay.

Finally one day I was driving from Pittsburgh to DC and my mustang broke down. While stuck in the middle of no-where, I went to the local Toys R Us and found one "Sleeping Beauty" barbie. Box was a little messed up, but the doll was fine.

As the saying goes, "As one door closes, another opens." Well, my Pony died that weekend. And a new marriage started.
Old 5/17/05, 07:31 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Well . . .she was on stage, and I was sitting drunk in front of her . . . . .after her performance was over she climbed off the pole and sat down . . . .

Old 5/17/05, 07:39 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by Evil_Capri@May 17, 2005, 7:34 AM
Well . . .she was on stage, and I was sitting drunk in front of her . . . . .after her performance was over she climbed off the pole and sat down . . . .

Oh God.....
Old 5/17/05, 09:33 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
The meeting and courting part will remain confidential. The engaged part: I was not about to get sentimental or ruin my image, so I thought I find a unique way of proposing. I took her to a jewerly store and told her to pick the ring she liked. Had she said no I would have said I was only J/K.

Old 5/17/05, 10:41 AM
Cobra Member

Does a shotgun pointed at my back count as a good story?

Seriously, we grew up together. Lived two blocks away from eachother. Started dating in high school. blahblahblah. Proposal is private. No good story.
Old 5/17/05, 02:42 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I can sum it up with my tagline:
Saw him, wanted him, had a fit, got him.
I didn't pick my ring, he did a nice nice nice nice job of it himself. And I just got its blue twin for Christmas.

You're still the one -- that makes me laugh
Still the one -- that's my better half
We're still having fun, and you're still the one
You're still the one -- that makes me strong
Still the one -- I want to take along
We're still having fun, and you're still the one

I heard through the grapevine I get 72 cell phone and email free minutes with him when he gets home Friday.. I am going to cook that man the biggest steak in the store and the aquire the finest tequila(for margaritas) in the liquor store. Can't wait!
Old 5/17/05, 04:52 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Edit: Sorry, thought I went crazy for a moment

Cool stories everyone
Old 5/17/05, 07:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I met my fiance on an internet dating site. Some don't like the idea but I gave it a shot. I was sick of the 'bar/club scene' so I tried a couple of those dating sites. Being able to browse through many females' profiles that matched my criteria was great, it was like shopping . I even met one of my good female friends on the site. But after a few months of browsing around I finally found my girl. We couldn't be happier! It's been 1 1/2 years and we plan on taking the plunge in sept. of '06.
Old 5/18/05, 05:37 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

A full 3/4 of the people I pal around with got engaged at Disney World....

I am also possibly the only woman on earth who never dreamed of a big wedding- I had five people at my wedding......And I eloped.
Old 5/18/05, 08:10 AM
Bullitt Member

I met my wife on a blind date set up by a friend I was staying with. I got dumped by my girlfriend who I was living with, and lost my job within about five months of eachother. These were both blessings in disguise. I started hanging out at my buddy's house and enjoying the summer off when he suggested I go out with one of his co-workers. What the heck, I had nothing else to do but drink and party on the Mississippi river. We went to a play at the university and had a great time together and started to date.
A year and a half later, I had a job in Milwaukee and drove to LaCrosse (which is on the other side of the state) in a blizzard and proposed to her on Jan. 26th. The next year the Packers won the Superbowl on the same day, so I'll never forget that date. This month we celebrated our 7th anniversary and I have a fantastic wife, 2 beautiful daughters, and a big Rotty to show for it.
Old 5/18/05, 08:13 AM
Bullitt Member

Forgot to mention that our song is Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here". We lived on opposite sides of the state and talked to eachother every night. We even lived apart for a year after we got married so the song has huge meaning to both of us.
Old 5/18/05, 09:01 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by wildstanglx90@May 17, 2005, 7:32 PM
I met my fiance on an internet dating site.
Me too. But it was not intentional. After college graduation, all my friends went their own way. I was hanging out on sites just talking with anyone. I met my now wife in 1997 and we are still together.
Old 5/21/05, 05:57 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I had just joined the territorial army (same as the national guard) and so had Alex. The first time I saw her she was being measured for her uniform (hows that for checking the goods before ordering... ). We hit it off that night, I proposed after six weeks and we were married 18 months later, that was almost 6 years ago..........
Old 5/21/05, 06:05 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Which one do you want to know about??