Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

X pipe help

Search this Thread

Old 9/14/15, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
X pipe help

Hello, I am a new mustang owner and new member to this forum. I recently got a 2014 mustang 5.0 which came with Roush axle back exhaust when I got it. I would like to get an X pipe but I am wondering which one adds some performance(if any) and which one in your opinion sounds best with the Roush axlebacks. Also, I would like to get an after cat x pipe since it's my daily and at the moment there would be no reason for no cats. Thanks!
Old 9/15/15, 03:12 PM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
You may need to purchase the X pipe and also the cat delete pipes. Not sure if you can get the cat delete X pipe unless you are running LT hearders. If you do not have LT headers then I would say get the KOOKS X pipe with the JEGS stainless steel cat delete pipes.

Be prepared to hear a huge differance in how loud the car is as to where it will be. Your neighbor will be able to tell you...Lol

I run cat delete and Roush AB.
Well......In the garage when cold I cant even think because its so loud. Plus the exhaust smell can get to be a pain without the cats.
Old 9/15/15, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by boss man
You may need to purchase the X pipe and also the cat delete pipes. Not sure if you can get the cat delete X pipe unless you are running LT hearders. If you do not have LT headers then I would say get the KOOKS X pipe with the JEGS stainless steel cat delete pipes.

Be prepared to hear a huge differance in how loud the car is as to where it will be. Your neighbor will be able to tell you...Lol

I run cat delete and Roush AB.
Well......In the garage when cold I cant even think because its so loud. Plus the exhaust smell can get to be a pain without the cats.
Do I HAVE to get the cat delete pipes for the x pipe? I'm trying to keep the cats on the car, which is why I am looking for an after cat x pipe.
Old 9/15/15, 06:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Bryanh24
Hello, I am a new mustang owner and new member to this forum. I recently got a 2014 mustang 5.0 which came with Roush axle back exhaust when I got it. I would like to get an X pipe but I am wondering which one adds some performance(if any) and which one in your opinion sounds best with the Roush axlebacks. Also, I would like to get an after cat x pipe since it's my daily and at the moment there would be no reason for no cats. Thanks!
I ran my roush muffs with an offroad H pipe and it was loud and it sounded like **** dodge ram with glass packs. An x pipe w cats is not going to give you much of a gain and your money it's better spent on other mods.
Old 9/15/15, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Blown CS
I ran my roush muffs with an offroad H pipe and it was loud and it sounded like **** dodge ram with glass packs. An x pipe w cats is not going to give you much of a gain and your money it's better spent on other mods.
So pretty much if I'm going to get an x or h pipe, it would just be best to get o/r pipes? Because if it is then you're right. Might as well get an CAI instead of this. But I've read throttle response is better but Idk if people are just thinking that and they said the x pipe also like cleans up the sound of the Roush exhaust?
Old 9/16/15, 08:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Bryanh24
So pretty much if I'm going to get an x or h pipe, it would just be best to get o/r pipes? Because if it is then you're right. Might as well get an CAI instead of this. But I've read throttle response is better but Idk if people are just thinking that and they said the x pipe also like cleans up the sound of the Roush exhaust?
It all really depends on your long term plans with your stang. If your not wanting a lot of power and want more esthetics then do the exhaust. Some say a CAI also improves throttle response but then you might as well get a tune which would be the best bang for your buck.