Old 10/1/13, 12:33 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone on bf4 beta tryna play!?
Old 10/9/13, 10:49 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did anyone get the 5S or 5C?

I haven't seen a lot of people with them but then again I've been too busy to notice.
Old 10/9/13, 11:09 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Nope. I am due for an upgrade tomorrow, but I think I'm gonna wait a while. Gotta go find verizon store to play around in for a while.
Old 10/9/13, 11:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by shurtual86
Did anyone get the 5S or 5C? I haven't seen a lot of people with them but then again I've been too busy to notice.
Of course 64GB Space Gray. I get the new one every year, as I have an extra dummy line so I have an upgrade every year. I'm honestly pretty bored with the iPhone, especially after working for Apple, but I just don't like any other phone better enough to make a switch, and I'm so far into the ecosystem, it's just not worth it. Next year is supposed to bring 4.7 and/or 5.7" screens for the new phone, so that should be good.
Old 10/9/13, 11:48 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
Of course 64GB Space Gray. I get the new one every year, as I have an extra dummy line so I have an upgrade every year. I'm honestly pretty bored with the iPhone, especially after working for Apple, but I just don't like any other phone better enough to make a switch, and I'm so far into the ecosystem, it's just not worth it. Next year is supposed to bring 4.7 and/or 5.7" screens for the new phone, so that should be good.

I find it hilarious that people now want bigger and bigger phones, and those same people wanted the tiniest phone you could find 10 years ago, and turned their nose up at anyone with a bigger phone.
Old 10/9/13, 11:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I find it hilarious that people now want bigger and bigger phones, and those same people wanted the tiniest phone you could find 10 years ago, and turned their nose up at anyone with a bigger phone.
I agree. I honestly think this size is perfect for a phone. I just wish it was a little wider. And rounded edges on the back, making it easier to hold - like the 5c.
Old 10/9/13, 11:59 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Saw a pretty cool ad for something from Samsung that is supposed to be a phone that is worn like a wrist watch. First piece of mobile tech that has been at all interesting to me. It wouldn't surprise me, however, if it's no more secure than every other mobile device.
Old 10/10/13, 12:00 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by kcoTiger
Saw a pretty cool ad for something from Samsung that is supposed to be a phone that is worn like a wrist watch. First piece of mobile tech that has been at all interesting to me. It wouldn't surprise me, however, if it's no more secure than every other mobile device.
Saw that the other day.
Old 10/10/13, 01:12 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Yes lol, only months after Apple announced it was working on wearable tech. Samsung is garbage. Their devices are full of gimmicks or stolen technology, they cheat on benchmark tests - as far as I'm concerned, they are ALL evil corporations, but I choose the one that is least evil. I grew up loving Apple, not because I thought they had the best stuff (I knew that wasn't always the case), but I loved what the company represented - the nature of going against the grain. The company has lost that vision, but I hope that someday the empire falls, they restructure, and get rid of the sellouts.
Old 10/10/13, 04:27 AM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

This. I used to always get **** from people about still having an old "flip phone", and now everyone wants to walk around with a 7in. tablet for a phone. Whatever...
I think it's pretty cool as well. But it'll be far too limited, at least initially, in it's capabilities and compatibility from what I've read. I also think the novelty will wear off very quickly, and we'll see used ones for sale shortly after launch.
Old 10/10/13, 06:13 AM
Cobra Member

Well Samsung likes to be first to market. So they usually put out a version first without a majority of the bugs worked out. Which is a fine strategy because people are still gonna buy it. Their second version is always much better than the first. Like the first samsung galaxy, wasn't something I'd jump for joy over. The new ones are great, though.

Apple has the opposite strategy. Take 4 years to develop something and make they work out most of the bugs they can find before going to market.

Both strategies are good ones. Just depends on how the company is run and how people perceive the product in the end.
Old 10/10/13, 08:18 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Not everybody needs (or wants) an option- or perk-laden device. Personally, I prefer simple devices that provide necessities; in this case, it's a phone that doesn't take up room in my pocket and doesn't get lost (unless you make the decision to take it off).

I learned a long time ago that labeling everything from one company as garbage or gold is nothing more than being lazy. Brand loyalty--such as the kind exhibited by apple zombies or anti-apple contrarians--comes from one thing: listening to what you're told and not finding out for yourself. Every product has flaws, every product had benefits the others don't have. Never understood the loyalty people will have to a given company's products.

The wrist phone, whether talked about by apple or produced by Samsung, is a device that would fit well in my life. I don't care what brand's symbol is on the thing.
Old 10/10/13, 08:22 AM

I can't stand wearing a watch to begin with so having a phone-watch would be a huge no for me.
Old 10/10/13, 08:38 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Buddy at work has the new pebble watch that syncs to your phone. It is really cool, you get calls,texts,emails all to your watch. You can play the music from your phone on your watch. I almost went and got one but I said I'll wait until apple makes a specific apple one. I'm sure it's coming
Old 10/10/13, 08:39 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
I can't stand wearing a watch to begin with so having a phone-watch would be a huge no for me.
I'm with you, gets sweaty under the band.
Old 10/10/13, 11:19 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Not everybody needs (or wants) an option- or perk-laden device. Personally, I prefer simple devices that provide necessities; in this case, it's a phone that doesn't take up room in my pocket and doesn't get lost (unless you make the decision to take it off). I learned a long time ago that labeling everything from one company as garbage or gold is nothing more than being lazy. Brand loyalty--such as the kind exhibited by apple zombies or anti-apple contrarians--comes from one thing: listening to what you're told and not finding out for yourself. Every product has flaws, every product had benefits the others don't have. Never understood the loyalty people will have to a given company's products. The wrist phone, whether talked about by apple or produced by Samsung, is a device that would fit well in my life. I don't care what brand's symbol is on the thing.
I explained my reasoning above, but I agree with you for the majority of others who have blind loyalty. I've played with the Samsung stuff, and have friends who switched, then switched back after a few months because they're gimmicky afterthought features clunk up the user experience and the build quality is just not there for me. I don't like the designs, I don't like the feel. Obviously some people prefer those things, as they are the two biggest players in the game - Samsung products are just not for me. I don't like their business model and I don't like the company's values. I also mentioned that I don't particularly care for Apple's anymore either. The taller they stand, the harder they fall (the same can be said for what this country is going through as well, but that's for another thread ).
Old 10/10/13, 05:22 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Nope. I am due for an upgrade tomorrow, but I think I'm gonna wait a while. Gotta go find verizon store to play around in for a while.
So you're considering an iPhone?

Originally Posted by laserred38

Yeah, I like the size of the iPhone 5.

It that the one with OLEDs?
Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
This. I used to always get **** from people about still having an old "flip phone", and now everyone wants to walk around with a 7in. tablet for a phone. Whatever...

I think it's pretty cool as well. But it'll be far too limited, at least initially, in it's capabilities and compatibility from what I've read. I also think the novelty will wear off very quickly, and we'll see used ones for sale shortly after launch.
I don't see the point of a smartphone/wristwatch .dunno:
Old 10/10/13, 05:47 PM

So you're considering an iPhone?
Not really. I like the looks of the moto x but Verizon only has the 16gb right now and I want a 32. The only reason I would want an iPhone would be for its better camera.
Old 10/10/13, 06:05 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
I don't see the point of a smartphone/wristwatch .dunno:
It'll make it easier to cheat on tests and to text while I'm at work.
Old 10/10/13, 06:49 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Not really. I like the looks of the moto x but Verizon only has the 16gb right now and I want a 32. The only reason I would want an iPhone would be for its better camera.
You can get an iPhone with 64gb

Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
It'll make it easier to cheat on tests and to text while I'm at work.

Quick Reply: The Geek Out