Still good but not as good as it used to be
Attached Thumbnails The Geek Out-image-2112808383.jpg  
Old 1/2/13, 06:54 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shurtual86

Yea that's how fast mines was when I first got it, now it's a lot slower
Wow crazing upload and crap download, weird stuff.
Old 1/2/13, 08:01 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Yea that's how fast mines was when I first got it, now it's a lot slower
My droid was the same way. Used to get huge numbers, and now it's really no faster than what 3G used to be.
Old 1/2/13, 09:12 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Attached Thumbnails The Geek Out-image-398734158.jpg  
Old 1/2/13, 10:06 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Luke looks up and smiles. He concentrates on the exhaust port,
then fires his laser torpedoes.
Luke's torpedoes shoot toward the port and seems to simply
disappear into the surface and not explode. But the shots do
find their mark and have gone into the exhaust port and are
heading for the main reactor.
From the actual script.
Old 1/3/13, 11:03 AM
Cobra Member

More people are on the 4G network now. It could be why it's slowing down. Remember when the first iPhone 3G came out how slow the networks got if there were too many iPhones working off one tower?
Old 1/3/13, 11:06 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Ethanjbeau
More people are on the 4G network now. It could be why it's slowing down. Remember when the first iPhone 3G came out how slow the networks got if there were too many iPhones working off one tower?
Hate how all the cell phone company's act as if data is a finite thing, gotta cap us before we all run out!!
Old 1/3/13, 11:17 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by steven46746
Hate all the cell phone companies
Fixed lol
Old 1/3/13, 11:19 AM
Cobra Member

Lol I'll hate Verizon when they make me change my plan, 40 bucks for unlimited everything atm; I know the days coming tho.
Old 1/3/13, 11:20 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Lol I'll hate Verizon when they make me change my plan, 40 bucks for unlimited everything atm; I know the days coming tho.
I'm on Sprint right now and I fear the same thing
Old 1/3/13, 11:57 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Ya, there's a huge difference between data speeds in the city vs. the outer suburbs. The 3G up at my cabin is just as fast as the 4G in the city.
Old 1/3/13, 11:59 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts

They will. When you try to upgrade your phone. Verizon pissed me off so much! I went to the apple store to upgrade my uncle's phone and Verizon forces you to switch to a shared data plan. If you change your mind on the phone/plan, you're stuck with it. They won't let you go back.
Old 1/3/13, 12:41 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

From the actual script.

That's what I am thinking.
Old 1/3/13, 02:11 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I'm actually considering going from Verizon to ATT. With Verizon, I barely get service at home and at work. Everyone with ATT at work as great service, and I just picked up an ATT Go Phone and that works great at work and at home. The only problem is I have 5 lines and one line just upgraded at Christmas, so it will take 2 years to move everyone.
Old 1/3/13, 02:15 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by denlem
I'm actually considering going from Verizon to ATT. With Verizon, I barely get service at home and at work. Everyone with ATT at work as great service, and I just picked up an ATT Go Phone and that works great at work and at home. The only problem is I have 5 lines and one line just upgraded at Christmas, so it will take 2 years to move everyone.
My ATT service at home was crap until my daughter switched to Verizon and gave me their ATT microcell tower. With that hooked up we now get a great signal at the house. Now I can call my wife from the garage and tell her to bring me a beer.
Old 1/3/13, 02:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by denlem
Really depends on your area. I've had both. When I was in college, AT&T sucked there and I had Verizon, but Verizon's CS (in store and over the phone) ultimately had me keep my iPhone and get rid of Verizon. Back then the iPhone was AT&T only. Then after working at Apple, dealing with the GSM network was SO much easier than CDMA. That and Verizon's CS still sucked. Weird that they're rated so high on Consumer Reports. Again, in *my* area and 4 years of experience with AT&T, Verizon and Sprint, I never had an issue with AT&T, but Verizon CS was terrible and Sprint felt like dealing with a gang of thugs from a 3rd world country - and typically, their users were the same (no offense to Jason or anyone else here who has sprint!). My uncles actually all have sprint for their company, but only because they used to have Nextel - it's a construction/moving company so they used the walkietalkie phones a few years back.
Old 1/3/13, 02:24 PM
MOTM Committee Member

^^^None taken lol

Since HS I have had ATT, TMobile, Verizon & Sprint. They're all crooks if you ask me.

Just pick the one with the best service/price combo and be done with it.
Old 1/3/13, 02:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
^^^None taken lol

Since HS I have had ATT, TMobile, Verizon & Sprint. They're all crooks if you ask me.

Just pick the one with the best service/price combo and be done with it.
Exactly. And sprint def has the "best deal" on the surface, but I couldn't deal with their terrible reception in my area and CS that literally hangs up on customers. I had that happen in front of customers I was trying to help at the store. And I hate that Verizon and sprint have the remote activation service - swapping SIM cards is SO much easier.
Old 1/3/13, 02:54 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
ATT seems to have good service for me so far, then again i just got the phone this weekend and haven't really used it much yetyet.

My home phone is Vonage. I've had them about 10 years. It used to be cheap, but now it's running $30 a month which is still cheap, but Mustang payments are not cheap, so i'm doing some cost cutting. I don't use my home phone a lot, so What I wanted to do is port my home number over to Google Voice, which is FREE, but that's not allowed.

To get it over there I needed to port it to a cell phone which is allowed, and then port from a cell to GV, which is also allowed. To do it, I ordered an ATT Go Phone which is pre-pay. I figured this is a good way to also try ATT out. Just from the signal meter, i'm happy with it so far!

Anyway, to use Google Voice as a home phone I purchased an OBI DEvice. This pretty much does the same thing as Vonage. So i'm gonna play with that with another GV number and see how good it works. If it works good, then i'll port my regular home number over to GV and have free phone!

In the mean time, i'll give ATT a good test drive and see how it goes!

Quick Reply: The Geek Out