General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Looking to possibly buy new

Old 1/18/16, 03:24 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,675 Likes on 1,197 Posts
Love my new truck. Been driving it a bit more as I joined a gym to start doing more cardio, even though I am still working out at home in the dungeon. I have no cardio equipment, just free weights and a heavy duty bench. Need to get more cardio in.
First 3 items of purchase will be Weathertech floorliners, 2" rear drops by McGauphy's and either a Spintech 9000 muffler or Flowmaster 40 series muffler. Then in the late spring, maybe getting the windows tinted?? and for sure getting a professional detail using the products I tell my detailer to use, ZAINO. I really want to get a CQuartz protection done, but there are no CQuartz detailers around my area unfortunately.
Did I mention I love my new truck? lol
Old 1/19/16, 03:04 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
Love my new truck. Been driving it a bit more as I joined a gym to start doing more cardio, even though I am still working out at home in the dungeon. I have no cardio equipment, just free weights and a heavy duty bench. Need to get more cardio in.
First 3 items of purchase will be Weathertech floorliners, 2" rear drops by McGauphy's and either a Spintech 9000 muffler or Flowmaster 40 series muffler. Then in the late spring, maybe getting the windows tinted?? and for sure getting a professional detail using the products I tell my detailer to use, ZAINO. I really want to get a CQuartz protection done, but there are no CQuartz detailers around my area unfortunately.
Did I mention I love my new truck? lol
That's awesome Tony. Sounds like you're all set with this beast. Weathertech for sure! You know, my only gripe about the weathertechs is that the 2nd and 3rd row mats for me, are a lower lip than the fronts. The fronts are perfect, with a high lip that will trap dirt and water. The 2nd rows though, I'm surprised. Since kids will be back there, you'd think they too, would be dragging crap in and out, so why the cheap low lips?!?!?!
Old 1/19/16, 03:09 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by FromZto5
That's awesome Tony. Sounds like you're all set with this beast. Weathertech for sure! You know, my only gripe about the weathertechs is that the 2nd and 3rd row mats for me, are a lower lip than the fronts. The fronts are perfect, with a high lip that will trap dirt and water. The 2nd rows though, I'm surprised. Since kids will be back there, you'd think they too, would be dragging crap in and out, so why the cheap low lips?!?!?!
Thanks Burton, I'm really loving it.

HA HAAAAAAAAAAAI don't know about the rear Weathertech bro. I never had to get rear floor liners, so I never that. That does suck though. I wonder why no lip back there. Seems just as important.
Old 1/30/16, 03:31 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Sending off March's truck payment in the mail early Monday morning on the way to work.
Old 1/30/16, 03:39 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 587 Likes on 421 Posts
Sending off March's truck payment in the mail early Monday morning on the way to work.
Does the wheel in your truck get really hot? Almost too hot, where you have to turn it off fairly quickly to keep from being uncomfortable?
Old 1/30/16, 06:17 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Does the wheel in your truck get really hot? Almost too hot, where you have to turn it off fairly quickly to keep from being uncomfortable?
It depends on the weather I guess.
Like today it was about 42 degrees coming home from the gym, I didn't use it.
When I went to the bank and touchless car wash this morning, I did the remote start and both the seat and wheel come on before getting into and it was perfect. It was about 28 degrees at that time. 9 am in the morning.

But,....to answer your question more directly, it doesn't get too hot that it's uncomfortable.

Last edited by Stage_3; 1/30/16 at 06:18 PM.
Old 1/30/16, 08:23 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 587 Likes on 421 Posts
It depends on the weather I guess.
Like today it was about 42 degrees coming home from the gym, I didn't use it.
When I went to the bank and touchless car wash this morning, I did the remote start and both the seat and wheel come on before getting into and it was perfect. It was about 28 degrees at that time. 9 am in the morning.

But,....to answer your question more directly, it doesn't get too hot that it's uncomfortable.

Just curious. My Jeep seems to get really warm, really quick. I had it and the seats set to come on only when you remote start, and that danged wheel would be REALLY warm, almost hot, really quickly and I'd have to turn it off after about 10-15 minutes (and it says that it would stay on by itself for up to 80 min I think). Just wondering. Of course it might be that it doesn't get super cold down here either and I'm just not used to it. I guess if I was in Mn. and it was 20 below it would feel pretty damned good and I'd leave it on til it kicked off by its self, lol.
Old 1/31/16, 09:04 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Just curious. My Jeep seems to get really warm, really quick. I had it and the seats set to come on only when you remote start, and that danged wheel would be REALLY warm, almost hot, really quickly and I'd have to turn it off after about 10-15 minutes (and it says that it would stay on by itself for up to 80 min I think). Just wondering. Of course it might be that it doesn't get super cold down here either and I'm just not used to it. I guess if I was in Mn. and it was 20 below it would feel pretty damned good and I'd leave it on til it kicked off by its self, lol.
I bet that is the reason behind it.
You may be able to change it in the settings. Actually, I'm more than sure that you can change it in the settings going through UConnect.
The UConnect system is something nice! BMW was on top for a long time with their system, but people are saying that the UConnect is top dog now.
Good luck man!
Old 2/21/16, 09:19 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

So, I ordered a pizza from Papa Gino's last night for supper and had it delivered, as I always do. Dude comes to the door and his exact words,........."That's a **** good looking truck you got there."
That was pretty awesome to hear. I had washed it earlier in the day.

***Soon I will be doing the muffler swap, the McGauphy's 2" rear spring drop to level it out and when summertime comes, "possibly" tint. I'm waiting for summer as the tint will adhere better baking in the hot sun. I'm going to have them tint the rear window, even thought it it already tinted. I want it a bit darker in the back. I'll do the 2 side windows legal limit, but with a darker back window, it should darken the whole cab even more.
Old 2/22/16, 09:27 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,170 Likes on 1,618 Posts
So, I ordered a pizza from Papa Gino's last night for supper and had it delivered, as I always do. Dude comes to the door and his exact words,........."That's a **** good looking truck you got there."
That was pretty awesome to hear. I had washed it earlier in the day.

***Soon I will be doing the muffler swap, the McGauphy's 2" rear spring drop to level it out and when summertime comes, "possibly" tint. I'm waiting for summer as the tint will adhere better baking in the hot sun. I'm going to have them tint the rear window, even thought it it already tinted. I want it a bit darker in the back. I'll do the 2 side windows legal limit, but with a darker back window, it should darken the whole cab even more.
Was there something behind the Dodge?
Old 2/23/16, 02:56 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Was there something behind the Dodge?
HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I literally laughed out loud Gary! That was awesome bro!
Old 2/28/16, 12:49 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

New truck = AWESOME!!!
Just passed 1,000 miles coming home from killing it at the gym today. Over 2 months of ownership and only 1,000 miles.
I emailed these guys yesterday, but I probably won't get a response till Monday. I'm looking at the Stage One exterior polishing treatment and either the CQuartz Finest or Opti-Coat on the entire vehicle, including the wheels. Probably going to be looking at about 800 bucks, maybe more, but it'll be WELL WORTH it as the vehicle is 1) white, 2) my all year round daily driver and 3) the maintenance will be super low for me to keep it up looking great all year round for years.

http://www.uccboston.com/
Old 2/28/16, 03:34 PM
I Have No Life

New truck = AWESOME!!!
Just passed 1,000 miles coming home from killing it at the gym today. Over 2 months of ownership and only 1,000 miles.
I emailed these guys yesterday, but I probably won't get a response till Monday. I'm looking at the Stage One exterior polishing treatment and either the CQuartz Finest or Opti-Coat on the entire vehicle, including the wheels. Probably going to be looking at about 800 bucks, maybe more, but it'll be WELL WORTH it as the vehicle is 1) white, 2) my all year round daily driver and 3) the maintenance will be super low for me to keep it up looking great all year round for years.

http://www.uccboston.com/
Dang Tony. You're getting ripped off or Boston is just pricier. I charge my customers about 600 for the same.
Old 2/28/16, 05:41 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Dang Tony. You're getting ripped off or Boston is just pricier. I charge my customers about 600 for the same.
$600 for a Stage One treatment like they have listed and Opti-coat or CQuartz full truck, including 4 wheels for a 2 door truck like mine? That's an awesome deal.
There are none others around that deal with the CQuartz and Opti-Coat that I can find. I've done like half a dozen searches on Google.

Here is what their Stage One consists of:

Hand wash
Extensive cleaning of all wheels, tires & wheel wells
Clean engine compartment
Claybar treatment (removes bonded contaminants from paint surface)
Degrease exterior to remove previous waxes/sealants
Single stage polishing treatment (removes moderate swirls/scratches)
Apply paint sealant (8 – 10 months durability)
Dress tires
Clean windows
$395 for average size vehicles (upcharge for larger vehicles)

My only worry is that they can complete the job in one day. I suppose they can if they do a 2/3 man job on it. I don't want to leave it overnight.
Old 3/7/16, 01:46 PM
I Have No Life

$600 for a Stage One treatment like they have listed and Opti-coat or CQuartz full truck, including 4 wheels for a 2 door truck like mine? That's an awesome deal.
There are none others around that deal with the CQuartz and Opti-Coat that I can find. I've done like half a dozen searches on Google.

Here is what their Stage One consists of:

Hand wash
Extensive cleaning of all wheels, tires & wheel wells
Clean engine compartment
Claybar treatment (removes bonded contaminants from paint surface)
Degrease exterior to remove previous waxes/sealants
Single stage polishing treatment (removes moderate swirls/scratches)
Apply paint sealant (8 – 10 months durability)
Dress tires
Clean windows
$395 for average size vehicles (upcharge for larger vehicles)

My only worry is that they can complete the job in one day. I suppose they can if they do a 2/3 man job on it. I don't want to leave it overnight.
Sorry it took me a while to respond Tony. But yeah, the application of the Opticoat or CQuartz is VERY similar to any application of sealant. In fact, it's faster, because you don't even have to wipe it off afterwards. Now, the COST of the actual product is substantially higher than a regular wax or sealant, but you use just a little bit of it. So just saying, my charge was for everything you mention above PLUS the coating. 800 seems really high. But again, perhaps it's your location, etc. They better be REALLY good! lol.

For me, I don't use that stuff personally on my cars because I want to be able to wax it with sealant or nuba's. That's the fun for me. Opticoat/CQuartz is a special clearcoat (essentially) that doesn't even allow wax/sealant to stick to it. So you're left with (only) the coating "look" for the life of it, or until you buff it off. I want the wet look and the joy of detailing, so I only use it for my customer's cars if they want it.
Old 3/7/16, 02:35 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Sorry it took me a while to respond Tony. But yeah, the application of the Opticoat or CQuartz is VERY similar to any application of sealant. In fact, it's faster, because you don't even have to wipe it off afterwards. Now, the COST of the actual product is substantially higher than a regular wax or sealant, but you use just a little bit of it. So just saying, my charge was for everything you mention above PLUS the coating. 800 seems really high. But again, perhaps it's your location, etc. They better be REALLY good! lol.
For me, I don't use that stuff personally on my cars because I want to be able to wax it with sealant or nuba's. That's the fun for me. Opticoat/CQuartz is a special clearcoat (essentially) that doesn't even allow wax/sealant to stick to it. So you're left with (only) the coating "look" for the life of it, or until you buff it off. I want the wet look and the joy of detailing, so I only use it for my customer's cars if they want it.
Hey bud.
No problem. They quoted me $950 for the entire job. It's A LOT of work. Plus, as you know, the C-Quartz-Finest is like 50 bucks a bottle! Small bottle. lol
They have to do the Stage One polishing/buffing/clay bar and all that good stuff first. The make it nice and smooth and free of swirls and smooth as glass. They also take out the oils, so it adheres better. There is a 2 year warranty on the life of the C-Quartz. Then, they are going to do the entire exterior of the truck twice with the C-Quartz Finest. So two coats on the entire exterior and then they are going to do 2 coats on the wheels as well.
Yes,...they are a GREAT detailing shop. I gave the link up above, if anyone cares to check out the work and clientele that they service. Lambos, Ferraris, Porsches,....you get the idea. lol A LOT of high end vehicles.
The best part,...washing and cleaning will be easy! Just wash, and then use the same Zaino speed detailer that I use on the Roush and done! Wit this stuff, you don't need a sealant. It's a 2 micro thick covering over the paint. Water just flies off too and it protects against scratches and marring. It's for my daily driver and it's a white vehicle, so I want to make sure it lasts me so I can spend money on other toys. lol
Old 3/9/16, 04:50 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

But again, perhaps it's your location, etc. They better be REALLY good! lol.
Did you ask for photos?!? Okay,..................lol
(These are just a few from their Facebook page.)
Attached Thumbnails Looking to possibly buy new-10365333_10156634563185171_7335522018357865567_o.jpg   Looking to possibly buy new-12622020_10156575036715171_5914637871110251883_o.jpg   Looking to possibly buy new-12694615_10156602208255171_80891106686873719_o.jpg   Looking to possibly buy new-12711114_10156634548515171_7448839415664611084_o.jpg   Looking to possibly buy new-12764400_10156634554095171_4857717012963698694_o.jpg  

Looking to possibly buy new-12783771_10156681503475171_6659367069885488028_o.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
MarvinN888 (2/22/21)
Old 3/10/16, 06:02 PM
I Have No Life

Did you ask for photos?!? Okay,..................lol
(These are just a few from their Facebook page.)
Very nice tony! You're in good hands
Old 3/10/16, 06:07 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Very nice tony! You're in good hands
Thanks Burton.
I think I've established a good relationship with Pete, one of the head guys there. They obviously do great work and as you can see, the quality of cars that go through are impressive. SO, that's saying something. I've read nothing but good things about them as well.
Old 3/12/16, 01:27 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

This is how I park at the gym. Far, far away from anyone.
She's a little dirty as it rained the last day and a half.
Attached Thumbnails Looking to possibly buy new-144537.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking to possibly buy new