General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Looking to possibly buy new

Search this Thread

Old 12/24/15, 12:48 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,199 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Tony, my man! Sorry it took me a while to post! As we exchanged, in texts, I am supremely jelly of that truck! Beautiful man!
I need to update my thread for my ride
Thank you Burton! I appreciate it. I love my new truck.
I was waiting for up to do your new thread! Glad you did. Very nice. Good luck and congrats. (I know you don't get it till Saturday.) Awesome color combo too!
Old 12/28/15, 02:47 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Almost 150 miles on my new truck. LOVE IT!
Getting itchy on pulling the trigger on a Spintech 9000 muffler really bad. It's too quiet. Except on a cold start. It sounds pretty good on a cold start.
I think I want a CQuartz or Opticoat done too. Maybe I should wait till after winter though. Then, maybe tinted windows and I'm done. I was going to buy a set of McGauphy 2" lowering springs for the rear, but it's actually pretty level. I think I'll let it settle some more before I make a final call, but I think I'm leaving it as is.
Sent out the first payment on it as well. Not due till January 30, but I mailed it out this morning on the way to work. Sent in almost 100 bucks towards the principal.
Old 1/7/16, 02:58 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Before I got the truck, I told myself, I'll just make the monthly payments before they are due when scheduled and not rush to pay it off. LOL
So much for that. Truck payments are due till the end of the month. Sending off February's payment early tomorrow morning on the way to work. And so it begins.
Old 1/7/16, 03:23 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
You are a PAYING OFF MACHINE! You go Tony!

Fyi, I'm in the market for yet ANOTHER car. This time a 1k to 2k beater. I can't subject Quincy to the harshness of this winter. It's dumb. LOL.
Old 1/7/16, 04:40 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

You are a PAYING OFF MACHINE! You go Tony!
Fyi, I'm in the market for yet ANOTHER car. This time a 1k to 2k beater. I can't subject Quincy to the harshness of this winter. It's dumb. LOL.
HA HAAAAAAAAAAAA
I know, right?? A lot of sacrifice I will tell you that. lol I really like that Steeda Q750 Streetfighter and the new Roush Stage 3 car. But, we shall see. I still have some years to go before I am done with this truck payment and who knows what will be out by then. I would really love a Shelby GT350R car, but I want to see if anyone can actually get one supercharged and boosted. That would be interesting. Not counting on it, but you never know.

Burton, it makes total sense and I don't blame you on wanting to get a winter beater. Quincy is a great looking car and too nice for winters. Good luck in your search bro!
Old 1/9/16, 02:29 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

So, I did some research into shutting the MDS off. I absolutely hate the MDS. (Multi Displacement System. Cuts the 8 cylinder truck into a 4 cylinder truck under a certain MPH.) If I wanted to save gas, I would buy a Prius and I ain't ever buying a Prius. lol Like my friend Gabe's Mustang says,........'GLADLY burning the fuel your Prius is saving'.
I technically need a handheld tuner to shut it off permanently and I am reading since the pcm is locked, a new pcm as well. Since I bought the extended warranty on my truck, that's not going to happen. So after doing my research, I took my truck for a little cruise today and used the gear -/+ buttons on the steering wheel and it works killer! The only downside is, I have to do this every time I shut the vehicle off and turn it back on. Hence where the handheld tuner and new pcm would be great. But, I can live with it. Fell in love with the truck all over again today!
Itching to start buying stuff for/to do to it.
Attached Thumbnails Looking to possibly buy new-153338.jpg   Looking to possibly buy new-153607.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
MarvinN888 (2/22/21)
Old 1/9/16, 05:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
Lol Tony .... shutting off was one of the best things I could've done for the drivability of my '07 Charger R/T.
I absolutely HATED it.
I'd give the car a bit of gas to accelerate a bit, the car would be in 4-cyl mode and giving it a bit of gas would basically do nothing, so I'd give it a bit more and that would cause a downshift along with the other 4 cylinders kicking in, and I'd get more acceleration than I wanted at the time.
I hated it, did I mention it?

With it off, I was driving a proper V8 automobile.
Give it a bit of gas, get a bit of acceleration.
Perfect.
Old 1/10/16, 09:26 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by Gabe
Lol Tony .... shutting off was one of the best things I could've done for the drivability of my '07 Charger R/T.
I absolutely HATED it.
I'd give the car a bit of gas to accelerate a bit, the car would be in 4-cyl mode and giving it a bit of gas would basically do nothing, so I'd give it a bit more and that would cause a downshift along with the other 4 cylinders kicking in, and I'd get more acceleration than I wanted at the time.
I hated it, did I mention it?
With it off, I was driving a proper V8 automobile.
Give it a bit of gas, get a bit of acceleration.
Perfect.
LMFAO
Yeah,......I hate it as well. I wouldn't get bogged down, but I could hear the drone and a slight vibration when kicking into and out of the MDS mode at certain speeds. I'm all set with that. Without the MDS activated, I don't hear any of that and the exhaust note is more pronounced as well. I read on the Ram forums that others were experiencing the same thing. I guess it's great if I am traveling far or going somewhere on a long drive and want to save on gas consumption, but other than that, I'm set. lol I only work 7 miles from work, one way.
Good thing I could disable it if I wanted to,............or else I didn't see this truck lasting in my driveway too long. Thank God.
Old 1/10/16, 09:54 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Stage_3
LMFAO
Yeah,......I hate it as well. I wouldn't get bogged down, but I could hear the drone and a slight vibration when kicking into and out of the MDS mode at certain speeds. I'm all set with that. Without the MDS activated, I don't hear any of that and the exhaust note is more pronounced as well. I read on the Ram forums that others were experiencing the same thing. I guess it's great if I am traveling far or going somewhere on a long drive and want to save on gas consumption, but other than that, I'm set. lol I only work 7 miles from work, one way.
Good thing I could disable it if I wanted to,............or else I didn't see this truck lasting in my driveway too long. Thank God.
That's interesting... I figured the regular V8 or 6 cars would have it but not a truck. So to shut it off, just hit a button or go through a menu?

Last edited by FromZto5; 1/11/16 at 09:25 AM.
Old 1/10/16, 10:05 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Gabe, I meant to ask,........how did you disable yours? Through a handheld tuner?

That's interesting... I figured the regular V8 or 6 cars would have it but not a truck. So to **** t off, just hit a button or go through a menu?
Chevy and GMC has the cylinder deactivation as well. The Ford F150 Coyote truck does not have it. Not sure if the Toyota Tundra or Nissan truck has it.

To deactivate the MDS, you just use the -/+ gear buttons on the steering wheel. To do this, you hit the - gear first, then press the + gear button till you are in 8th gear. And that's it. Done.
If you want the MDS to be activated again instantly, just press the + gear button once and it's back on. The only pain in the *****, is you have to do this every time you turn off and on the vehicle.
Old 1/10/16, 11:30 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Gabe, I meant to ask,........how did you disable yours? Through a handheld tuner?
Yeah, I bought a Diablosport tuner.
First things I did with it was to shut off the MDS and the EGR.

A whole new car!

The EGR solenoid's ticking was quite loud in its operation after I had installed a CAI, something the factory intake masks much better.
Old 1/10/16, 11:42 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Yeah, I bought a Diablosport tuner.
First things I did with it was to shut off the MDS and the EGR.
A whole new car!
The EGR solenoid's ticking was quite loud in its operation after I had installed a CAI, something the factory intake masks much better.
Awesome.
I kind of figured as much. If I can get away with just a tuner,...I'm all over it. Otherwise, I'll just do it manually every time. Thanks Gabe!
Old 1/11/16, 09:27 AM
I Have No Life

Tony, yeah get a tuner. Not sure what Dodge uses for handhelds. Doing that everytime you start the vehicle would get annoying and tiresome.
Old 1/11/16, 02:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Tony, yeah get a tuner. Not sure what Dodge uses for handhelds. Doing that everytime you start the vehicle would get annoying and tiresome.
Dodge locks/encrypts their PCM's so tuners aren't as readily available as for Fords.
But I think Diablosport is already selling tunes / tuners for 2016 Rams.
Old 1/11/16, 03:05 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

I definitely will if I don't have to swap out the pcm. If I have to swap out the pcm,........I'm all set. I'll just do it manually. Like Gabe posted above, Dodge encrpyts their pcm's making it hard to crack.
I'm sure something will be coming out down the line. Model year 2016 just started so, I have to give it some time.
Old 1/11/16, 03:43 PM
I Have No Life

Tony... btw, forgot to tell you, I bought a BEATER!!! I'll start a thread on it. You guys will find it hilarious. You'll never guess what I got, nor how much I paid for it. LOL
Old 1/11/16, 04:28 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Tony... btw, forgot to tell you, I bought a BEATER!!! I'll start a thread on it. You guys will find it hilarious. You'll never guess what I got, nor how much I paid for it. LOL
LOL
Just saw it and posted.
Old 1/12/16, 04:48 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I definitely will if I don't have to swap out the pcm. If I have to swap out the pcm,........I'm all set. I'll just do it manually. Like Gabe posted above, Dodge encrpyts their pcm's making it hard to crack.
I'm sure something will be coming out down the line. Model year 2016 just started so, I have to give it some time.
https://www.diablosport.com/vehicles...am-tuning.html

I don't know Tony ... if it was me I'd already have the Diablo PCM in the truck, with the stock PCM resting peacefully at home in case of warranty work being needed.
Old 1/12/16, 06:55 AM
I Have No Life

I don't know Tony ... if it was me I'd already have the Diablo PCM in the truck, with the stock PCM resting peacefully at home in case of warranty work being needed.
^ Bingo!

A V8 hemi? Stock? Come on man... that would last 5 minutes in my possession before tuning it.
Old 1/12/16, 03:15 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

^ Bingo!
A V8 hemi? Stock? Come on man... that would last 5 minutes in my possession before tuning it.
You guys are going to make me spend more money!!!
lol
I'm trying to save some,....................I think.

Quick Reply: Looking to possibly buy new