General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Looking to possibly buy new

Old 11/7/15, 09:19 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,675 Likes on 1,197 Posts
Originally Posted by tony2014mustang
I have the Street series, which has no drone at all. I've had many compliments on them. To me, Magnaflow has the closest old school muscle car sound. I've tried to put up a video clip, but this site won't allow me. Videos don't do them justice anyway!
Very cool Tony. I will have to give them a listen to.
A Ford truck drove by me today while cleaning the yard and that thing sounded so nasty and obnoxious, I LOVED it! Very throaty and loud. I almost stopped the guy to find out what he was running.
The following users liked this post:
rpoppertdomi (10/1/16)
Old 11/14/15, 09:00 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

ROUSH!!

Damnnnnnnnnn,........................
I knew that Roush was coming out with a truck, but they said absolutely nothing about it being supercharged! All the articles I read said it wasn't going to be supercharged. So much for that! I just found this video Thursday night.
The Phase 1 is 600 HP and 500 lbs. of TQ. Those are crank numbers. There is a Phase 2 coming out as well for the truck with 650 HP and about 550lbs. of TQ. (I would get a supercab, not the supercrew that is in the video here.)
Man,...had I known that was the case, I probably would have waited till the spring and ordered one of these from my friend John. We'll see how it plays out. I already told myself that if the Ram comes in damaged in any way shape or form, I'm not accepting it at all. If it's missing any of the 9 options I built it with, I'm not accepting it at all.

Last edited by Stage_3; 11/14/15 at 09:01 AM. Reason: spelling
rpoppertdomi (10/1/16)
Old 11/14/15, 04:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
Tony, congrats on the new truck, but are you telling us that you paid sticker price, minus the rebate and the trade-in?
rpoppertdomi (10/1/16)
Old 11/14/15, 06:22 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by Gabe
Tony, congrats on the new truck, but are you telling us that you paid sticker price, minus the rebate and the trade-in?
Thanks Gabe. I appreciate that.
Yes. 8k for my truck, then 2k in rebates, unless the rebate goes up when the truck comes in, otherwise I am locked into the 2k rebate. So, 10k off the sticker price. I didn't haggle on price at all. I was kind of lucky to get 8k for my truck. I just rolled 76k on it, the rust on the tail gate is getting worse by the week as well as the rear bumper and I have a small hole in the driver's seat. Transmission feels like is slipping ever so slightly when it is real cold out in the mornings, but that might be in my head. To be fair, it is a 10 year old truck, almost 11 years old. I'm paying low 30's for a 2016 4X4 truck, with 9 options that I added. (That's before taxes/title and all that horse crap. lol)
I'm not putting any money down and I'll roll all taxes/extra costs into my monthly payment. I'm looking to have it paid off way before the loan is up anyways. Well, that's the plan anyways.

Last edited by Stage_3; 11/14/15 at 06:34 PM. Reason: added text
rpoppertdomi (10/1/16)
Old 11/15/15, 06:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

So you're OK with the dealer still making thousands on the deal?
They could easily take another couple thou off ...
Did you price out the new truck on a site that shows cost, like edmunds.com ?

When I bought my Charger, I knew the dealer had a $1k holdback, about $2500 mark-up, the rebate offer at the time, and what my truck (trade-in) was worth, all from edmunds.com
I walked in, demanded my number on my trade, the rebate of course, and a $2k discount off the new car, so they would still make about $1500 between the holdback and the $500 mark-up, and $1500 is a good number for a dealer to make on a new car, I had 2 dealers agree to it, did business with the closer dealer.

If the MSRP on the truck is $40k, holdback is probably close to $1500, and there's probably about $3-4k of mark-up in it.
So a $40k truck, with a $2k rebate and an $8k trade, is $30k, but I'd ask for at least another $2k off, especially on a special order which as soon as it comes in they move it, it's not like they have to pay interest to the bank on it sitting on the lot
rpoppertdomi (10/1/16)
Old 11/15/15, 09:00 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

So you're OK with the dealer still making thousands on the deal?
They could easily take another couple thou off ...
Did you price out the new truck on a site that shows cost, like edmunds.com ?
Yeah,....I'm happy with the 8k for my truck. The 2k from the rebates was the deal maker for me. I saw that it was only $500 online, but when the salesman told me 2k, I was all over it. I never priced the truck out on any other site besides the Ramtruck.com site. I don't know what they would price it out as, but the exact truck I built is over 44K. The price of the truck has gone up as well as some of the options. Not by much, but some of the prices have gone up.
I should take photos of the rust on the rear bumper and tail gate. Plus, the hole in the seat. I was surprised they were still willing to give me 8k for the truck. Plus, I'm still driving the truck, so who knows how much mileage I am going to put on before the new one gets here and actually give them my truck.
When I went to Ford 2 years ago, they were only going to give me 8k for the truck when I was thinking about the Ford Tremor truck. (After driving it, I'm glad I didn't buy one. Does not have as much "go" as the Ram and it rode really rough surprisingly for a brand new vehicle.) And that was years ago before I had as much rust and mileage as I do now. So, either I work the numbers off the MSRP or I get a good trade-in. I got the good trade-in and 2k in rebates, which to me is bonus as I thought it was much less than that.
Over all, I am very pleased. I'll have it paid off quick as well. (That's the plan anyways.) Just got to find that balance between paying my savings back and paying off the new truck. I'm pretty disciplined like that. I recently got a good raise, so that's going to help me out big time.

Last edited by Stage_3; 11/15/15 at 09:01 AM. Reason: spelling
rpoppertdomi (10/1/16)
Old 11/15/15, 09:48 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Yeah it sounds like the $8k is trade allowance not trade actual cash value.
Allowance includes the ACV plus money off the new vehicle, so they're showing you $8k for the trade but in reality it might only be $5k plus a $3k discount off the new one, so they're giving you a discount regardless.
I'm just ruthless so I would hold them to the $8k for the trade as Actual Cash Value and still ask for more off the new one.
In MA it's legal to ask to see the invoice, where you'll actual see their cost and also the holdback, which is additional money that the dealer gets after selling the vehicle.
Usually it's somewhere else on the invoice, maybe labeled only "HB" with the number next to it
rpoppertdomi (10/1/16)
Old 11/15/15, 10:55 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

I probably should have asked to see the invoice, but I was already there for almost 2 hours and just wanted to get the deal done. (My salesman was busy with a couple dealing and wheeling before I got there. I got there pretty early on a Sunday too.) I wouldn't be able to get back there for another week. I did almost walk out, but decided to stay.
I just have to wait till one of the members is back from vacation tomorrow to see if he can help me track the progress of the truck.
rpoppertdomi (10/1/16)
Old 11/15/15, 11:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Stage_3
I probably should have asked to see the invoice, but I was already there for almost 2 hours and just wanted to get the deal done. (My salesman was busy with a couple dealing and wheeling before I got there. I got there pretty early on a Sunday too.) I wouldn't be able to get back there for another week. I did almost walk out, but decided to stay.
I just have to wait till one of the members is back from vacation tomorrow to see if he can help me track the progress of the truck.
Do you have a VON or a VIN yet?

If so, you can track it using the customer service phone #

I think I called every day after I got my VON (vehicle order #), when I ordered my Charger, lol
rpoppertdomi (10/1/16)
Old 11/15/15, 06:29 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Do you have a VON or a VIN yet?
If so, you can track it using the customer service phone #
I think I called every day after I got my VON (vehicle order #), when I ordered my Charger, lol
Thanks for the info Gabe.
I was going to text the salesman today, but didn't. May do that tomorrow after work. I do have an order number on the top of my receipt, but not sure if that is the same as the VON?
rpoppertdomi (10/1/16)
Old 11/15/15, 08:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks for the info Gabe.
I was going to text the salesman today, but didn't. May do that tomorrow after work. I do have an order number on the top of my receipt, but not sure if that is the same as the VON?
I doubt it.

The VON wouldn't be on a credit card receipt ... it gets created after the dealer places the order, a few days or a week or so later
rpoppertdomi (10/1/16)
Old 11/16/15, 02:48 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

I doubt it.
The VON wouldn't be on a credit card receipt ... it gets created after the dealer places the order, a few days or a week or so later
I'll have to text him to get the VON then. I'm sure the truck has been ordered already, this is going to be week 3 since I was there. Thanks Gabe. I appreciate it.

I am waiting patiently though. Although, that remote start could have come in handy this morning with the frost on the windshield. lol
rpoppertdomi (10/1/16)
Old 11/16/15, 04:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I'll have to text him to get the VON then. I'm sure the truck has been ordered already, this is going to be week 3 since I was there. Thanks Gabe. I appreciate it.

I am waiting patiently though. Although, that remote start could have come in handy this morning with the frost on the windshield. lol
You're welcome, and yeah I love my Tundra's remote starter ...
rpoppertdomi (10/1/16)
Old 11/16/15, 04:28 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

You're welcome, and yeah I love my Tundra's remote starter ...
I bet. Especially living up north.
This will be my first vehicle with remote start. Looking forward to it.
rpoppertdomi (10/1/16)
Old 11/17/15, 02:47 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Congrats Tony! Yeah, I'm with Gabe though, I always pay under invoice for all my vehicles. It's harder to do with specialty vehicles though
rpoppertdomi (10/1/16)
Old 11/17/15, 03:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Congrats Tony! Yeah, I'm with Gabe though, I always pay under invoice for all my vehicles. It's harder to do with specialty vehicles though
Yeah but on a high-volume vehicle like a Ram, F-150, Silverado, Camry, etc, dealers almost expect a nothing deal, and I'd be right there to make it happen

Maybe not a NOTHING deal, but certainly a small-profit one.
Especially on an ordered vehicle where they don't have to worry about bank interest on it, no worries about lot damage, having to move it around in the winter during the many snow cleaning jobs that dealers do, etc ....
rpoppertdomi (10/1/16)
Old 11/17/15, 04:32 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Got my VON and VIN today!
I'll have a forum member on one of the Ram forums follow and update it for me. The salesman said he would update me as well, but he didn't tell me I had a VON and a VIN till I emailed him about it, so I'm not really counting on him. At all. LOL
rpoppertdomi (10/1/16)
Old 11/17/15, 08:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Got my VON and VIN today!
I'll have a forum member on one of the Ram forums follow and update it for me. The salesman said he would update me as well, but he didn't tell me I had a VON and a VIN till I emailed him about it, so I'm not really counting on him. At all. LOL
Congrats Tony.

And if it's been 3 weeks already then it shouldn't be much longer.
My Canada-built Charger was 3.5 weeks from order date till when it was at the dealer
rpoppertdomi (10/1/16)
Old 11/18/15, 02:59 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Congrats Tony.
And if it's been 3 weeks already then it shouldn't be much longer.
My Canada-built Charger was 3.5 weeks from order date till when it was at the dealer
Thanks bro. I appreciate it.
It's been almost 3 weeks. Monday will be 3 weeks. And like you mentioned, I "assume" it won't be too much longer now. Especially that I have a VON and VIN. (I'll have to see what that dude on the Ram forum posts.)
rpoppertdomi (10/1/16)
Old 11/19/15, 02:34 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Truck is in D1 status.
Factory has confirmation of order and all necessary parts/options are in stock and just waiting to get the chassis on the rails and start building. If all goes well, I could have it in early December.
My general manager told me today that the CEO bought a '16 Ram truck as well. (Great minds think alike!! lol) His very first pickup truck. He ordered his as well from the same dealership and it came in ahead of schedule. He picks it up today. It's got the air ride suspension so I assume it's the LongHorn edition or something like that. I was hoping to talk to him today, but didn't see him walking around.
rpoppertdomi (10/1/16)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking to possibly buy new