General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Looking to possibly buy new

Search this Thread

Old 12/13/15, 09:49 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,199 Posts
Latest update,............truck was leaving Ohio. That was Friday morning's update. So, it may be closer today.

So,....I'll be totally honest here. I'm excited about the new truck, but not as excited as I thought I would be. Maybe because I don't have it yet? I don't know.
Like I stated earlier in this thread, had I known about the Roush F150 truck being supercharged, I would probably have bought that instead. Actually, I'm pretty sure I would have bought that instead. All the articles I have read and seen, said NOTHING of it being supercharged. So, I made the mistake in emailing John last night about the Roush F150 and he called me. I told him if the Ram comes in damaged any or is missing any options, I'm not accepting it and I'll be in touch with him for a new truck early next year. (It would be another ordered truck as I want a supercab, not a supercrew. Ideally, I would LOVE a regular cab, but the regular cab trucks have less of a nice interior.) He told me that if they don't want to reimburse me the deposit on the Ram, he would reimburse me on the cost of the truck or delivery. My choice. He sent me 4 emails last night about ordering info and spec'ing info. I still haven't opened them up yet. I'm afraid to. LOL I guess I can price out the exact truck I want and see what my "out the door" price is. The one killer thing about the F150 is a rust free body. So, that's a pro for the Roush as well as the 600HP and that stupid crazy killer Roush exhaust note. lol
So, what you would do if you had these options? Would go for the Roush F150, or just stay with the Ram? I guess I have to do a pro/con list.
Old 12/13/15, 10:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ROUSH

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Latest update,............truck was leaving Ohio. That was Friday morning's update. So, it may be closer today.

So,....I'll be totally honest here. I'm excited about the new truck, but not as excited as I thought I would be. Maybe because I don't have it yet? I don't know.
Like I stated earlier in this thread, had I known about the Roush F150 truck being supercharged, I would probably have bought that instead. Actually, I'm pretty sure I would have bought that instead. All the articles I have read and seen, said NOTHING of it being supercharged. So, I made the mistake in emailing John last night about the Roush F150 and he called me. I told him if the Ram comes in damaged any or is missing any options, I'm not accepting it and I'll be in touch with him for a new truck early next year. (It would be another ordered truck as I want a supercab, not a supercrew. Ideally, I would LOVE a regular cab, but the regular cab trucks have less of a nice interior.) He told me that if they don't want to reimburse me the deposit on the Ram, he would reimburse me on the cost of the truck or delivery. My choice. He sent me 4 emails last night about ordering info and spec'ing info. I still haven't opened them up yet. I'm afraid to. LOL I guess I can price out the exact truck I want and see what my "out the door" price is. The one killer thing about the F150 is a rust free body. So, that's a pro for the Roush as well as the 600HP and that stupid crazy killer Roush exhaust note. lol
So, what you would do if you had these options? Would go for the Roush F150, or just stay with the Ram? I guess I have to do a pro/con list.
Old 12/13/15, 11:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
Towing a Roush Mustang with a Roush F150 is just too cool.

And it says right on Dodges what you're supposed to do with them ... dodge them

So you know where I'd stand on that decision ... lol

That being said, good luck with whichever one you end up with
Old 12/13/15, 11:26 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by R3troGT
ROUSH
Originally Posted by Gabe
Towing a Roush Mustang with a Roush F150 is just too cool.
And it says right on Dodges what you're supposed to do with them ... dodge them
So you know where I'd stand on that decision ... lol
That being said, good luck with whichever one you end up with
LOL
Thanks guys. Kind of the answers I was expecting. lol
Old 12/13/15, 11:29 AM
Legacy TMS Member

LOL
Thanks guys. Kind of the answers I was expecting. lol
Lol ... on a Dodge forum you'd get different answers, so .... gotta look at what's best for you. The Roush F150 is a lot more expensive I'm sure, I think you'd probably wanna drive it before making any decisions ... driving in with the Gotta-Have-Attention-Green Roush Mustang should make it no problem to get a test-drive in the F150
Old 12/13/15, 11:36 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by R3troGT
ROUSH
Roush. no question.
Old 12/13/15, 11:43 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Lol ... on a Dodge forum you'd get different answers, so .... gotta look at what's best for you. The Roush F150 is a lot more expensive I'm sure, I think you'd probably wanna drive it before making any decisions ... driving in with the Gotta-Have-Attention-Green Roush Mustang should make it no problem to get a test-drive in the F150
LOL
To be honest, I bought my car without driving it or seeing it in person. I had John send me a 10 minute video posted on Youtube, (had a private setting so only I and he could view it), on the GHIG Mustang. I was sold. lol
I'm sure I'd like the Roush F150. There aren't any of those trucks around locally. At least that I know of. Only Roush certified dealerships will be allowed to sell them. I'll have to do a search, but I don't think there are. I think the closest dealership is Imperial Ford and I don't think they have any. John had like 4 or 5 of them in stock and I think they sold most of them already. I think they only have 1 in stock. They're selling like hotcakes. lol All supercrew models.

Old 12/13/15, 11:57 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

LOL
To be honest, I bought my car without driving it or seeing it in person. I had John send me a 10 minute video posted on Youtube, (had a private setting so only I and he could view it), on the GHIG Mustang. I was sold. lol
I'm sure I'd like the Roush F150. There aren't any of those trucks around locally. At least that I know of. Only Roush certified dealerships will be allowed to sell them. I'll have to do a search, but I don't think there are. I think the closest dealership is Imperial Ford and I don't think they have any. John had like 4 or 5 of them in stock and I think they sold most of them already. I think they only have 1 in stock. They're selling like hotcakes. lol All supercrew models.

2015 2016 ROUSH F-150 OFFROAD TRUCKS LK RAPTOR SUPERCHARGED ford 17 2017 - YouTube

seriously NO clips of the exhaust note or the motor running??? LAME

Gorgeous trucks though, but really guys, SELL them with sound and performance clips nevermind the walkarounds LOL
Old 12/13/15, 01:05 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
seriously NO clips of the exhaust note or the motor running??? LAME
Gorgeous trucks though, but really guys, SELL them with sound and performance clips nevermind the walkarounds LOL
lol
I posted one on page 3 Darren. That was a while ago. This is a newer video. Check page 3.

Last edited by Stage_3; 12/13/15 at 01:05 PM. Reason: added text
Old 12/14/15, 03:17 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Just checked the status. Truck is loaded up and on it's way to the dealership.
Old 12/14/15, 04:24 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Man that is a tough one. Like Gabe said, I'm sure this is going to be more expensive than the Ram will be and the Ram is a good truck. I like them and with an exhaust on them they sound fantastic. That being said, I feel the new F-150 is head and shoulders above the Ram in terms of the interior and the rust proof body as you said is a plus living in Massachusetts. Not to mention it looks amazing and the butt warmers and ball cooling seats are awesome, I love them in my FX4. The Ram just doesn't jump out at me and want to grab my attention anywhere near this Roush does. Plus like Gabe said, Roush, pulling a Roush would be pretty sweet ....
Old 12/14/15, 05:08 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by ford20
Man that is a tough one. Like Gabe said, I'm sure this is going to be more expensive than the Ram will be and the Ram is a good truck. I like them and with an exhaust on them they sound fantastic. That being said, I feel the new F-150 is head and shoulders above the Ram in terms of the interior and the rust proof body as you said is a plus living in Massachusetts. Not to mention it looks amazing and the butt warmers and ball cooling seats are awesome, I love them in my FX4. The Ram just doesn't jump out at me and want to grab my attention anywhere near this Roush does. Plus like Gabe said, Roush, pulling a Roush would be pretty sweet ....
Definitely. Cool factor!
I thought about it pretty much all day yesterday and at work today. I LOVE the Roush truck and had I known it was going to be a supercharged truck, I would have waited till early next year and placed an order. The Ram does have the heated seats and heated steering wheel, but not the cooled seats. A Rust proof body would be killer in MA. Plus, it's lighter by 700lbs. compared to previous Ford F150's. A 600HP engine and that Roush exhaust tone. (There is a phase 2 kit that is 650 HP, but it voids all warranties. I'll pass on that. LOL)
The Ram truck is currently on a truck getting delivered to the dealership. One of two things is going to happen,.........it's going to pass my inspection and I'll sign papers and call it a day. Or,.......it could be damaged or missing an option that I wanted and then it's a non-sale and I want my deposit back. Then, early next year I'll contact John about ordering a 2016 Roush F150, depending on how the numbers work. If we can meet in the middle, especially being a repeat customer, then I'll have a Roush truck in the driveway and Roush car in the garage. I'll be happy with either truck honestly.
I am getting a little more excited about the new Ram now as it is getting close to delivery time.
Old 12/14/15, 07:44 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Run from the Ram and Rush to the Roush my friend! LOL

(yes i JUST made that up all by myself)
Old 12/14/15, 07:48 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

ok so i just emailed my dealer about these Roush Lariats I'm very curious.
Old 12/15/15, 04:18 AM
Legacy TMS Member

One thing to think about too ... if you do end up with the Roush F150, you'll then have TWO vehicles that you won't park anywhere being afraid somebody else might breathe on them, never mind touch them ...

I'd knock it down to an FX4 with the EcoBoost 3.5, throw a Livernois tune on it, and call it a day.
Livernois has EcoBoost F150's running 12's in the 1/4

Edit:
A local friend of mine has a '13 SHO with a Livernois tune on it and he loves it, smooth, comfortable and fast.
His other cars? A Whippled '14 GT (same set-up as mine), and a 2007 GT500 he just got, about to start modding it

Last edited by Gabe; 12/15/15 at 04:21 AM.
Old 12/15/15, 02:44 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Run from the Ram and Rush to the Roush my friend! LOL
(yes i JUST made that up all by myself)
HA HAAAAAAAA
That's awesome.

ok so i just emailed my dealer about these Roush Lariats I'm very curious.
Brace yourself,......it's not cheap. The base truck for my build starts at 50K, before any Roush parts. The Roush package adds 10K to the build. The only Roush part that I like which isn't part of the package is the bed splash logos with the Roush logo. I would get that. I think it's 700 bucks, IIDRC.

One thing to think about too ... if you do end up with the Roush F150, you'll then have TWO vehicles that you won't park anywhere being afraid somebody else might breathe on them, never mind touch them ...
Very true. I was like that with all my babies, I mean, vehicles. lol
Old 12/15/15, 04:00 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Truck has been delivered today. (I was expecting today or tomorrow, according to the updates by Ram forum member SPP.)
I'm going after work tomorrow to check it out and make sure all is good with it. Do some paperwork at the dealership, then on Thursday after work, bring said paperwork to the credit union for finalizing and return it to dealership on Friday after work, and drive home with it on Friday night.
I can't really take any time off from work. We're bombed. (Technically I can take the time off, but I don't want to do that to the guys in the department.)
Work case scenario, I pick it up on Saturday morning/afternoon.
Old 12/16/15, 04:57 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Crappy photos at the dealership. She comes home tomorrow!
I'll get better photos this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails Looking to possibly buy new-154740.jpg   Looking to possibly buy new-154806.jpg  
Old 12/16/15, 04:58 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

One more.
Attached Thumbnails Looking to possibly buy new-155027.jpg  
Old 12/17/15, 03:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
One more.
I'm not a big fan of white, but I like the style of the truck...congrats Tony!

Quick Reply: Looking to possibly buy new