General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Just ordered our GT

Search this Thread

Old 6/19/04, 02:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm a sales consultant at a dealership, and we just put our order in for the GT. Centennial White, Blue stripes, Grey Calipers, Mcintosh Stereo, and the optional 10 Spoke light alloys. We won the allocation in the lottery, and as of now, we are NOT offering it for sale. We are going to keep it in the showroom, with a small fence around it, to generate excitement and some floor traffic. Maybe even put in a local car show or parade. It makes a great advertising tool. I know some of you may not agree with this, (not selling it) but, for us, this was a great suprise. We aren't in a hurry to get rid of it.

Since we are keeping it for a while, this is my shot at driving it once. I do know that I will LOVE coming to work everyday and seeing this car in front of my office. I've even told my boss I'll dust it off everyday. It still hasn't sunk in that we are getting one, as I have dreamed of sitting in this car. I hope to see people come in with their cameras to take pix of it, as was the case at the local Porsche dealer with their Carrera GT. I like seeing the excitement a car of this magnitude creates. Even some Ferrari owners I talked to at a local Concourse are really into this car. Even they are thoroughly impressed with it, as we all know how picky they are about cars that aren't Ferraris. I will get back to you all with some pix when the car arrives.
Old 6/19/04, 02:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very cool! Your are so lucky to be with that car everyday. Post some pics as soon as it comes in.
Old 6/19/04, 10:15 PM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Town & Country Ford is getting two--the president of the dealership is buying one and they're auctioning off the other with the proceeds going to charity. The one they're keeping is red with white stripes; I'm not sure which wheels it has. They said we can use it for any club events, so it'll be included in our World of Wheels display this February.
Old 6/20/04, 05:49 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a feeling you may see a lot of the dealership owners keeping the cars for themselves.
Old 6/20/04, 10:37 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Brad,

I really like what that dealer is doing with the second GT. Rather than starting a bidding war and pocketing all the loot, they are going to put that money to a worthy cause. I can't say anything except I am really impressed.
Old 6/20/04, 12:34 PM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by Galaxie@June 20, 2004, 11:40 AM
I really like what that dealer is doing with the second GT. Rather than starting a bidding war and pocketing all the loot, they are going to put that money to a worthy cause. I can't say anything except I am really impressed.
Plus they get tons of good publicity and one heck of a tax write-off.
Old 6/21/04, 09:23 AM
Bullitt Member

See,not all dealers are bad. That's awesome they're auctioning the car for charity.
Old 6/21/04, 10:15 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
He 6T7 Stang, Thanks for the Thumbs Up. You have no idea how excited I am about this car. I have my digital camera ready for that day soon. I'll also have a camcorder as well, as I want to film it when it comes off the enclosed transporter. I believe Ford is using Swift Transport to ship them. They do all the Volvos, BMW's and other high end cars. If and when I get my drive in it, I'll have one of my co-workers film as we drive it around the block.

I just hope it comes in before the end of August, as I go to an invite-only car show put on by the AACA, my father's a member, so I can attend, and I would love to take it there. They usually have some really nice cars there. To dream of driving it in to the show would be priceless, just to see the reaction from the people there. If this doesn't work out, there is always a parade in September in our town. Hope we can use it in that.
Old 6/30/04, 10:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

2 Things

A. If any dealer out there is ready and is interested in selling one at sticker, and offering a no interest 20 year loan, send me a PM.

B. Out of curiosity, what is it costing each dealer to do the tooling up for this car? Is it just like the other Fords?
Old 7/4/04, 08:01 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
huh pretty cool... i'll have to drive for an hour and then probly get lost in a maze of stangs before I get to see one... i wonder what colors it will be...
Old 8/15/04, 08:24 AM
GT Member

That's better than advertising. Just stick it out on the showroom floor and have drool towels available for customers.
Old 8/15/04, 11:37 AM
GT Member

Every single dealer I spoke to is either keeping the car (for the dealership owner's collection, or selling it for a huge markup over sticker.

I spoke to over 40 dealers, as I would consider purchasing one at sticker, but it's a big, fat no go!

So, If I ever decide to pick up one of these, hopefully in the next 10 years, they will depreciate down to sticker price...

If Ford would have decided to produce 1500-2000 per year for the next 10 years, the price wars would have settled down to sticker eventually, but considering they are only making 3000 over a two year period, I'll have to set my sights somewhere else.

Beautiful car...