Camaro, Shelby Gt and MKS will see production

Search this Thread

Old 8/30/06, 07:06 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by thezeppelin8
Just reading you two going at it has risen my IQ and my vocabulary

I always look forwards to your spats
Happy to be of service. And while TomTom might be here all week because he has nothing better to do, I, on the other hand, have bigger fish to fry (and I don't mean red herrings, either, Tom ).

Besides, I clearly won this round.

Adios...
Old 8/30/06, 07:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by BC_Shelby
"Some you crow"?
That's the best you can do? Take a cheap shot at my typing skills? Like I said before, no challenge whatsoever!

So since you don't like - or can't comprehend - the word obfuscate (since you keep referencing it like you don't understand it), try this one: paralogisms, of which you continue to remain obsessively fond.

You're slowing down BC. It took you over 13 minutes of searching to find that new word. Of course, I'm sure a good bit of that time was spent trying to comprehend the definition.

BTW, just because you Google up impressive words doesn't prove your conclusions aren't fallacious. It only obscures the fact that you don't have leg to stand on.
Old 8/30/06, 07:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Happy to be of service. And while TomTom might be here all week because he has nothing better to do, I, on the other hand, have bigger fish to fry (and I don't mean red herrings, either, Tom ).

Besides, I clearly won this round.

Adios...
Sorry, but you didn't even place second in this round!
Old 8/30/06, 09:58 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I'd hardly call the aforementioned praise "exemplary"; more like "for an SRA this is surprisingly effective." It's a bit of a backhanded compliment when you read between the lines, or read a few of the other notable/questionable quotes from those articles that you left out >>

CAR and DRIVER >>

In other words, SRAs are an antiquated technology.
Why should anyone care how old a design is if it works well? Some people are entirely too obsessed with a single design aspect...
EDMUNDS >>

The above remarks are erroneous and contradictory, respectively. The build quality of the interior is hardly "outstanding."
In your opinion, and you've been wrong before.

And most journalists are claiming that the car is prone to understeer, NOT oversteer.
I can attest from my real-world experience (I'm not just regurgitating what I read in a magazine or read on someone's "blog"), Oversteer is entirely possible;the S197 handles like Car & Driver article that I quoted had stated:enter a tight turn fast and its initially neutral, then starts to plow (understeer). Give it some throttle, & the tail starts to swing out (oversteer). It's exciting but controllable, even for a driver of average skills like me.
In fact, the whole Edmund's article is a little TOO gushing with praise, calling into question its impartiality.
So just because it performs well and they like the car they're biased? Could it be possible that the car is just plain good??!?
Old 8/31/06, 05:28 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Vermillion06
In your opinion, and you've been wrong before.
Just like in another thread, he claimed that Volkswagen didn't allow their dealers to add markup over MSRP yet I found multiple instances where buyers were paying ADMs.
Old 9/2/06, 08:48 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Vermillion06
and more times than that
Old 9/2/06, 10:57 AM
Team Mustang Source

It is obvious to anybody who hasn't been overeducated and therefore mentally damanged that the live axle is superior to the IRS. For example NASCAR, Drag Racing and various other racing styles. The IRS only provides a smother ride if properly designed and set up you bunch of over educated pendantic morons.
Old 9/6/06, 05:29 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Yes, IRS generally offers a refinement in ride over its SRA counterpart in the realm commonly reffered to as "real world", but doesn't offer the stellar improvements over an SRA that its adherants claim in actual performance.

As for me, I'll take it for what it is, and the sort of character it gives the mustang which is great in the automotive world where almost everything is nothing more than the same ingredients wrapped in a different wrapper.
Old 12/2/06, 12:56 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Moosetang
Nope and nope. For one, he is a very well-regarded Automotive journalist. He writes for the Sunday Times and the Sun. as well as Top Gear Magazine. Appearing on TV didn't make Leon Mandel any less the journalist, same for Clarkson.

Secondly, he doesn't think "anything American stinks." He lampoons the Stereotypes of American society and the American Automotive industry, but that's a popular facet of English nationalist humor, and we can hardly argue that his comments are baseless. He's a big Mustang fan, he owns a Ford GT and considered buying a GT-500KR, and has been generally supportive of what Ford money has done for PAG. Hardly the acts of a senseless America-basher.
However, he's very stupid when it comes to determining which is a V6 and a GT. How hard is that
V6

GT
Old 12/10/06, 05:46 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
I love how the S-197 GT uses a live-axle rear suspension. It's how it is supposed to be made. (IMHO of course)

They (magazines) can keep their IRS.
Old 12/10/06, 06:08 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I really like everything that I've read so far on the Camaro. As far as the cost concern, IMO- few will be able to afford the Camaro in its first few years of production due to its popularity and dealer surcharges. I'm an avid Ford fan- always have been, but the reality of the match-up will be the Camaro blowing the doors off the Mustang. Like most always, it'll take some SE Mustang to compete with the base Camaro. Ford will tweak the Stang here and there, but with their current financial problems, I don't see them totally revamping the 4.6 for a while regardless of what I've read. I feel that the new 5.0 is a pipe dream. The horse will be a dog once more, and that makes me sad .
Old 12/10/06, 06:54 AM
Closet American

Originally Posted by metroplex
They (magazines) can keep their IRS.
Yeah, along with every other manufacturer in the world.
Old 12/19/06, 06:29 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

But it wouldn't hurt the GT to have an IRS. Would it?
Old 12/20/06, 02:49 AM
Closet American

Originally Posted by 1969 Mustang Mach 1
But it wouldn't hurt the GT to have an IRS. Would it?
Old 12/20/06, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Greywolf
It is obvious to anybody who hasn't been overeducated and therefore mentally damanged that the live axle is superior to the IRS. For example NASCAR, Drag Racing and various other racing styles. The IRS only provides a smother ride if properly designed and set up you bunch of over educated pendantic morons.
Well, disregarding your defense of the virtues of of ignorance and lack of education (boy, wouldn't American be really great if we all just stopped at the sixth grade and not get our fool heads all full of knowledge), NASCAR doesn't allow IRS; drag racing is a test of engines and trannies, certainly not suspensions, and most racing that does test handling performance uses highly sophisticated IRS systems wherever possible and allowed. Formula I, probably some of the most competitive and highest level racing in the world, will spend tens of millions of dollars refining their IRS suspension systems. But then, they probably have advanced engineering degrees and thus, don't know what they're doing...

That IRS only offers a smooth ride is a tired red-herring of an argument -- though it can offer a significantly better ride for a given level of handling than a live axle and far better handling over rough, irregular pavement than any live axle.

But there I go again, like, uh, using my brain and stuff...
Old 12/20/06, 04:50 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by rhumb
Well, disregarding your defense of the virtues of of ignorance and lack of education (boy, wouldn't American be really great if we all just stopped at the sixth grade and not get our fool heads all full of knowledge), NASCAR doesn't allow IRS; drag racing is a test of engines and trannies, certainly not suspensions, and most racing that does test handling performance uses highly sophisticated IRS systems wherever possible and allowed. Formula I, probably some of the most competitive and highest level racing in the world, will spend tens of millions of dollars refining their IRS suspension systems. But then, they probably have advanced engineering degrees and thus, don't know what they're doing...

That IRS only offers a smooth ride is a tired red-herring of an argument -- though it can offer a significantly better ride for a given level of handling than a live axle and far better handling over rough, irregular pavement than any live axle.

But there I go again, like, uh, using my brain and stuff...
Yup, there ya go bein' pedantic again. Cut it out, will ya, it's making my brain hurt.