General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat

Search this Thread

Old 5/6/17, 03:06 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,682 Likes on 1,201 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Or commonly referred to as 'Triple Black'!
HA HAAAAAAAAAAA
Yes sir!
Old 5/6/17, 04:06 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
HA HAAAAAAAAAAA
Yes sir!
Wait

Doesn't triple black refer to convertibles?

Isn't a coupe just black on black?

I'm just asking.
Old 5/6/17, 05:50 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Wait
Doesn't triple black refer to convertibles?
Isn't a coupe just black on black?
I'm just asking.
Black exterior, black wheels and black interior.
It was mean and aggressive looking. Very nice.

Last edited by Stage_3; 5/6/17 at 05:53 PM. Reason: text
Old 5/9/17, 11:03 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm just not impressed with the Demon. It has too many caveats.

Props to FCA for trying I guess
Old 5/9/17, 02:50 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
^^Are you trolling?
This can't be serious.
Old 5/9/17, 03:07 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by stangfoeva

What are you talking about????
Old 5/9/17, 06:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Saw a 392 Challenger yesterday morning going to work. Wow, what a killer looking car. So nice. Very aggressive looking. Black on black on black.
Or commonly referred to as 'Triple Black'!
The lady down the street bought on. I jealous. She drives by my house often. She left the yellow splitter protecters on the car. Aren't those just for shipping?
Old 5/9/17, 09:20 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
Originally Posted by GrnT
The lady down the street bought on. I jealous. She drives by my house often. She left the yellow splitter protecters on the car. Aren't those just for shipping?

Pics?
Old 5/10/17, 07:36 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
In full race gas, drag radial, crate PCM mode, the Demon is quite impressive. But....
Attached Thumbnails 2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat-demon.jpg  
Old 5/10/17, 12:11 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by GrnT
Yeah,....a lot of people leave them on. I think it looks stupid. Just my opinion.
They are used to protect the bottom front splitter.

Originally Posted by SpectreH
In full race gas, drag radial, crate PCM mode, the Demon is quite impressive. But....
True.
But the Demon isn't built for turns, I think we all know that. That's like saying that you would want to put a GT350R up against the Demon in a straight line. Nighty night.
Old 6/2/17, 01:26 PM
bt4
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

True.
But the Demon isn't built for turns, I think we all know that. That's like saying that you would want to put a GT350R up against the Demon in a straight line. Nighty night.
That's just it--it's a lot of money for a one trick pony. There isn't a track with more than one turn where a Demon would beat a Camaro SS or Mustang GT PP, let alone a GT 350R or a Camaro ZL1.

840-HP? Are you really going to run 100 octane on the street? Where are you going to use 808-HP? Try making a run from San Jose to San Francisco on the 101 at rush hour. See if you can make it to China Town quicker than the Prius over in the HOV lane. Or, if you have a death wish, try to beat a Mazda Miata through Deal's Gap in a car weighing over two tons with the horsepower of the Demon.

The Demon is about bragging rights. It's a drag-racing machine that can't compete in an NHRA, or AHRA meet. (If you're going to the strip, you'll need a roll cage.) It is what it is because FCA simply doesn't have the money right now to roll out a new platform for the Challenger.
Old 6/2/17, 02:45 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by bt4
That's just it--it's a lot of money for a one trick pony. There isn't a track with more than one turn where a Demon would beat a Camaro SS or Mustang GT PP, let alone a GT 350R or a Camaro ZL1.

840-HP? Are you really going to run 100 octane on the street? Where are you going to use 808-HP? Try making a run from San Jose to San Francisco on the 101 at rush hour. See if you can make it to China Town quicker than the Prius over in the HOV lane. Or, if you have a death wish, try to beat a Mazda Miata through Deal's Gap in a car weighing over two tons with the horsepower of the Demon.

The Demon is about bragging rights. It's a drag-racing machine that can't compete in an NHRA, or AHRA meet. (If you're going to the strip, you'll need a roll cage.) It is what it is because FCA simply doesn't have the money right now to roll out a new platform for the Challenger.
LMMFAO
I'll just leave this right here,..................

Old 6/3/17, 11:00 AM
bt4
Bullitt Member

LMMFAO
I'll just leave this right here,..................

That's it? Someone's opinion? First of all instead of opinions try facts. Show me the class you expect to run the Demon in at an NHRA or AHRA sanctioned event.

You're welcome to the opinion--an opinion that a Demon is a drag-racer--but it isn't, not without modifications. Dodge does make an uncompromising drag racer--the Challenger Drag Pack. It already competes in NHRA sanctioned events at the highest level. It has a smaller engine than the Demon, makes less horsepower, and is over 2-seconds quicker in the quarter mile.

So, contrary to the video, the Demon is not the first, nor even the ultimate drag racing machine Dodge has built. The fact that is street legal means that it is compromised from the start. In all seriousness--if you want to build a dragster, do you start with a machine that weighs 4400-lbs or one that weighs 3400-lbs? (All SS/F competitors weigh-in start out weighing under 3500-lbs.)

In the video, there is mention of Cobra Jet Mustangs (COPO Camaro anyone?) They are not street legal--true and false--either car depending on state laws can be made street legal (Buy the body in white, supply a motor, assemble, add horn , lights, turn signals, airbag, retractable seatbelts, then apply to the state for a VIN number. It can and has been done.) It's an expensive process. I can't imagine doing it--but there are a few die hard bow tie and blue oval fans that have done it.

But buying the Demon and prepping it for the track is going to be a very expensive proposition as well. Welding in a roll cage is not easy or cheap--and the added weight has to be offset. By the time you reduce the car to a competitive weight you will no longer be street legal. In which case you should have bought the Challenger Drag Pack to begin with, giving you a 7.2-7.4 second ride right out of the box.

I get it--you like the idea of the Demon. Nothing wrong with that. I loved my MazdaSpeed3. That doesn't mean I wasn't aware that it wasn't perfect and that it did have it's flaws. It was what it was--I got rid of it last year. It was good, cheap fun, that was a blast to drive. With Z-rated tires it stuck to the curves like a slot car.

In your eyes, the Demon is the car of your dreams--that's OK with me. The one thing I did agree with from the video--it was a bold move on the part of FCA (or perhaps desperate).

I am not making fun of your opinion. In my opinion it is a awkward product. Straight-line fast, on the streets where straight-line fast is rewarded with a ticket. On the strip? Cars much lighter, with less power turn much faster times.

Bottom line--your opinion, my opinion plus a buck won't get a cup of coffee at Starbucks. Post as many dancing bananas as you wish...
Old 6/4/17, 02:24 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by bt4
That's it? Someone's opinion?

In your eyes, the Demon is the car of your dreams--that's OK with me.

Bottom line--your opinion, my opinion plus a buck won't get a cup of coffee at Starbucks. Post as many dancing bananas as you wish...
Well,........that someone's opinion is pretty spot on for someone that is VERY active in the Mustang community. He works for one of the top 3 Mustang tuners in the business. I have to agree with his posting as I am no fanboy for Ford. I love them all.

As for the car of my dreams,....I don't know where you got that one?!?? I NEVER once said I plan on purchasing a Demon as it doesn't interest me. But, it IS a bad *** car. (Plus, it's probably going to cost about 100K with dealer markup.) If you can find me posting that I want that car or it is the car of my dreams, I will apologize profusely. Never said that bro. Please don't put words in my mouth as I wouldn't do that to you or anyone else. Not my style.

And yes, you're right about the bottom line. Opinions are like, well,........we all know. LOL You have yours, I have mine. We can "agree" to "disagree".
Old 6/5/17, 02:55 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Since we're talking about the Demon,..................
BEAST!!!!

Old 6/5/17, 06:08 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,184 Likes on 1,630 Posts
Since we're talking about the Demon,..................
BEAST!!!!

That's YOUR opinion...
Old 6/6/17, 02:00 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

That's YOUR opinion...
HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I see what you did there Gary!! lol
Old 6/6/17, 06:31 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,184 Likes on 1,630 Posts
HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I see what you did there Gary!! lol
Old 6/10/17, 07:03 AM
bt4
Bullitt Member

Well,........that someone's opinion is pretty spot on for someone that is VERY active in the Mustang community. He works for one of the top 3 Mustang tuners in the business. I have to agree with his posting as I am no fanboy for Ford. I love them all.

As for the car of my dreams,....I don't know where you got that one?!?? I NEVER once said I plan on purchasing a Demon as it doesn't interest me. But, it IS a bad *** car. (Plus, it's probably going to cost about 100K with dealer markup.) If you can find me posting that I want that car or it is the car of my dreams, I will apologize profusely. Never said that bro. Please don't put words in my mouth as I wouldn't do that to you or anyone else. Not my style.

And yes, you're right about the bottom line. Opinions are like, well,........we all know. LOL You have yours, I have mine. We can "agree" to "disagree".

Look at the post I didn't say you said it was the car of your dreams. I meant to write that the Demon may be the car of your dreams. I didn't put words in your mouth--if that is what you thought--my apologies. I could have been clearer.

I do agree with your comment about the dealers wanting to add a markup. I wouldn't be surprised to see $100K with an ADM. Which means a good percentage will be in the hands of collectors and rarely see the street or the track.

When you get to that price point, there are so many alternatives. I could get a Mustang GT PP and a Camaro 2SS for that. A Tesla S 90D costs less. Or, I could get a 911 Carrera, or a Jaguar F-type. Better yet, (in my opinion) I could get an AMG C63 S and still have enough money left over for a low-mileage Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 classic.

But, since I am adding to a retirement account--I'll probably just settle for the Kawasaki Vulcan.
Old 6/10/17, 08:39 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by bt4
In your eyes, the Demon is the car of your dreams--that's OK with me.
Originally Posted by bt4
Look at the post I didn't say you said it was the car of your dreams. I meant to write that the Demon may be the car of your dreams. I didn't put words in your mouth--if that is what you thought--my apologies. I could have been clearer.
You did write that it was the car of my dreams in post #313.

Quick Reply: 2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat