Canada Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Buying a new stang in the U.S.

Search this Thread

Old 5/16/06, 04:45 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buying a new stang in the U.S.

Ok first off, I am not buying this car, I'm only 18 and planning on going to university next year so I can't afford a new car.

I'm looking at prices on an 06 gt coupe or vert for my dad. Right now, with the high Canadian dollar, depending on where I found the 06 in the states, I think it was about $7,000 CDN cheaper than buying one sitting on a lot here (Nova Scotia).

My question is, what would be involved in getting it over the border, taxes and registering it here. Would he have to pay taxes here and in the state it was bought in? or only there? or only here? How much would all of that stuff cost? Other than daytime running lights and the mph speedo, is there anything different about the cars?

if anyone has any experience bringing new cars over the border I would appreciate any advice you might have.

Thanks.
Old 5/17/06, 09:25 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by THRUST_
Ok first off, I am not buying this car, I'm only 18 and planning on going to university next year so I can't afford a new car.

I'm looking at prices on an 06 gt coupe or vert for my dad. Right now, with the high Canadian dollar, depending on where I found the 06 in the states, I think it was about $7,000 CDN cheaper than buying one sitting on a lot here (Nova Scotia).

My question is, what would be involved in getting it over the border, taxes and registering it here. Would he have to pay taxes here and in the state it was bought in? or only there? or only here? How much would all of that stuff cost? Other than daytime running lights and the mph speedo, is there anything different about the cars?

if anyone has any experience bringing new cars over the border I would appreciate any advice you might have.

Thanks.
Order in a state that has daytime running lights. Also the speedo has MPH and the trip computer can be switched to metric etc.. So that's not a problem... Here's a site on importing cars into canada.

http://www.riv.ca