Northwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Order SLP Loudmouths

Search this Thread

Old 4/20/05, 09:09 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I have joined the throngs of modders... and I have jump off the cliff and ordered my SLP Loudmouth exhaust tonite. Wanted the beefer sound... probably wont do anything to increase HP though...

Old 4/21/05, 10:09 AM
V6 Member

Nothing wrong with a nice exhaust tone!

Congrats!
Old 4/21/05, 05:44 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

moved
Old 4/21/05, 05:45 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

btw- anyone know if the SLP loudmouth will cause hp loss? Since I'M removing the mufflers....
Old 4/23/05, 12:37 AM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

Okay I am stoked - they ship Monday..
Old 4/28/05, 09:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey Andrew, when you get those bad boys on, let me know.

I would love to be able to hear them in person.

Nick
Old 4/28/05, 10:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

I'll drive up from Woodinville to hear them, too. Any excuse to drive the car. ...and see another mustang....and hear another mustang....and talk with other mustangers about mustangs. I know, I'm :crazy:
Old 4/29/05, 05:32 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

they are supposed to arrive May 4th :banana2:
Old 5/4/05, 10:48 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

Well I played hookey today to wait for the UPS guy and then installed the SLPs...

WOW is all I can say. They are alot more throaty than the video suggest. :shock:

I'm pretty sure I have noticed a performance improvement also. When I get on it I can feel a little bit more power. Its noticable. I dont think its in my head. I took my Wife and father inlaw out for a spin and both commented they could feel a difference in the cars response when I got on it.

When going up hills - they are pretty noisy.. But at cruising speed they quiet down nicely. When you get on it - look out Harley Davison - there is a new roar on the road!

Installation
Tools: 1/2 Inch Box end wrench and socket for the hangers. (Passenger side hangers are a pain in the hiney).
5/8 inch deep socket for the clamps.
Measuring tape.
safety glasses for the crap that falls in your face.. Recommend something to protect the forehead from falling box end wrench when working passenger side...

It took me about 2- 1/2 hrs to install them. I think this is because I took my time to make sure I got them perfectly lined up using a measuring tape.
I jacked up the car with a hydraulic jack and put the jack stands under each side on the frame and blocked the tires. Started by removing both hangers on one muffler and then unclamping the pipe and pulling the mufflers off. Took a bit of twisting of the assembly to get them off.

I installed the drivers side exhaust pipe first. After putting on the pipe I put the 2 hangers back on the car with the SLP tip and the clamps loosely around the pipe. I tightened the hangers securely before messing around with alignments. I didnt tighten down the Clamps until both sides were installed.
Repeated for the passenger side.

Once both sides were installed I took measurements to make sure they were even and stuck out the same distance. I went with the SLP logo just barely showing.

As I tightened the bolts on the clamps I constantly got out from under the car and made sure they lined up and sat in the valance holes evenly on both sides. Once the passenger side was tight, then I finished up the driverside checking regularly as I tightened the clamps, to make sure they hadnt moved. Took about three times of adjusting the drivers side clamps to insure they lined up.

After driving a hour or so, including getting on it I got back underneath -no jacking necessary- to make sure the clamps were holding tight. No problems...I had my wife rev the engine while I walked around the car to make sure they were not vibrating or shaking. I was also judging the sound they make. Louder in the car I think than outside.. I have to get used to the noise. Its pretty loud when accelerating but deep sounding. Although I noticed people turning their heads when I goosed it.

Then I took the Stang out for a cruise tonite- up to broadway and back..
Old 5/5/05, 10:22 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by AJC@April 30, 2005, 2:35 AM
they are supposed to arrive May 4th :banana2:
AJC
I too was thinking about purchasing the loudmouths too, but not sure if it will be too loud for me. I don't mind it driving around in the city but on the highway the noise gets to be too much. If we ever do a WA meet or get together I will def. have to listen to them and find out for myself!!!

Thanks for the review

JG
Old 5/5/05, 01:19 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

on the highway they quiet down nicely. Its when accelerating they roar. I suspect going up over the passes they would be loud.

I plan to attend the BCC meet in July
Old 5/6/05, 08:10 AM

When going up hills - they are pretty noisy.. But at cruising speed they quiet down nicely. When you get on it - look out Harley Davison - there is a new roar on the road!

LOL ok Cool now what about a harley rider who has a GT Mustang? I wear ear plugs on my bike alot for the wind noise as much as anything tho my bike is loud. If you have to wear ear plugs in the car then its loud I would say. LOL
Harleys and Mustangs are cool!!!!!!

I love seeing or hearing you enjoying it so much thats great!! Kick me every time I see your black car I think abouty changing my order to black.
Old 5/6/05, 09:34 AM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

Lol - yah okay I admit the Harley still out does the noise of the loudmouths. I dropped that comment in there because I know you own a Harley!

it suprising how beefy the stang sounds with SLPs when you romp on it.

next plan is a CAI and tune, probably end of summer or mid summer.

Black is alot of work - as you know, but I dont mind - I like working on the car...

You should inquire about the color change - you dont want to regret it after waiting so long.
Old 5/10/05, 08:17 AM

[quote=AJC,May 6, 2005, 8:37 AM]
Lol - yah okay I admit the Harley still out does the noise of the loudmouths. I dropped that comment in there because I know you own a Harley!

I want my car to sound good but to be honest I do not want it to be as loud as my Harley. LOL

This hesitation I seen in another thread kind of bothers me I think one guy said his car has not done it since he changed the mufflers........ I plan on exaust, CAI, and re flash. I dont think I am going much further than that. Oh ya forgot my black wheels for just a second...... LOL Ok and thats it....... Ya right!
Old 5/10/05, 10:18 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

yeah I keep telling myself CAI and tune... but then the new mustang monthly shows an '05 gt with a Vortech supercharger putting out 350hp at the wheels...... ohhh

costs 4 grand thou...

I have Never experienced the hesitation others mention... not once.