Northwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Any 05's in the Seattle area

Search this Thread

Old 4/5/05, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all I live in Puyallup WA. I have orderd a Mustang GT windveil blue from a local dealer in Tacoma and I am still waiting........ I am a late order end of March likly be a 06 car but that brings me to a question. If you order a 05 wich we did how does the order change to a 06 my next day off I plan on going to find out but I hate to bug my sales man to much as I allready been by asking other questions. One thread suggested a get together that sounds like big fun. I have seen mostly the v-6 cars around here can only re call seeing one red GT on the road going down 176th towards meridian....

Sam
Old 4/6/05, 05:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Hi Sam, nice choice in cars . I had ordered one but got tired of waiting (see my signature). I hope to pick mine up next week.

I'm not sure how your 05 order would convert. I think it would be fairly automatic. One question you might ask is about price protection. See if they will honor the order price on the 05 if you get an 06. They should.

What other features did you select? I still haven't cancelled my original order.

Greg
Old 4/6/05, 10:25 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Sam80266@April 6, 2005, 2:37 AM
Hi all I live in Puyallup WA. I have orderd a Mustang GT windveil blue from a local dealer in Tacoma and I am still waiting........ I am a late order end of March likly be a 06 car but that brings me to a question. If you order a 05 wich we did how does the order change to a 06 my next day off I plan on going to find out but I hate to bug my sales man to much as I allready been by asking other questions. One thread suggested a get together that sounds like big fun. I have seen mostly the v-6 cars around here can only re call seeing one red GT on the road going down 176th towards meridian....

Sam
Sam its funny that you say that I live in Spanaway so it was probably me that you saw driving down 176th since I live off of it. I got picked up my REDFIRE in Montana because all the dealers in this area wanna crazy money. Goodluck to ya and hope to see ya soon in your GT!

Jonathan
Old 4/6/05, 10:28 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by GregS2005GT@April 7, 2005, 2:21 AM
Hi Sam, nice choice in cars . I had ordered one but got tired of waiting (see my signature). I hope to pick mine up next week.

I'm not sure how your 05 order would convert. I think it would be fairly automatic. One question you might ask is about price protection. See if they will honor the order price on the 05 if you get an 06. They should.

What other features did you select? I still haven't cancelled my original order.

Greg
Greg did you get that one from Auburn Ford?? I ordered one from that but couldn't wait that long... sounds just like the order I placed!
Old 4/7/05, 07:56 AM

Originally posted by GregS2005GT@April 6, 2005, 4:21 PM

Greg
I orderd the GT premium windveil blue dark charcoal int. IUP the anit theft. At msrp.

Sounds like we have the same taste. What I waited for so long I dont know because I have been looking at these for a while. My first car was a 68 mustang coupe.

When I first started looking around town dealers were telling me 2 months wait this was first of march. Now be lucky if I even get a 05 a 06 is ok if its not changed to much. I dont expect they will change to much?? I am going to talk to my sales man and see what I can find out how oreders roll over to 06. He has been straight with me and telling me I may get a 06 but we orderd a 05. Order price he told me that if its a 06 it will be with in $300 to 400 of the price I got. This is crazy what is happend is it makes people want theses cars even more.

Nice to meet you all

Sam
Old 4/7/05, 08:06 AM

OK where did we all order from? I ended up at Titus will. I wont mention the other places I checked out that I felt like I was being messed around with.
Sam
Old 4/7/05, 02:51 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I ended up ordering from a dealer in Iowa. Titus Will was my other choice, they would've ordered it at MSRP, but I wasn't convinced I would get the '05. Turned out I did he right thing, I ordered on March 9th, and got serialized March 10th. Car is sched to be built next week. Got it for $700 over Invoice, too. I'm going to fly back there May 5th, and pick the car up on the 6th. I'll stay for Mother's Day, then drive it back here, with a nice side trip through the Rockies.

I've got the Shinoda front chin spoiler on order already, and the Westrenz/3D Carbon ducktail should get there just in time also. Dealer's gonna have both painted and installed, along with the auto-dimming rearview with compass and temp display and homelink. I'm so psyched I can hardly sit still, and I've been checking ERL just about every day.

I think I'll follow up with the Flowmaster American Thunder mufflers once I get it back here, then a C&L intake with a reflash, and underdrive pullies. That should do it for a little while, anyway.

Got my Zainos care package yesterday too, so I'm ready for the first bath once I get her home. Anyone know the Mustang clubs in the area? I'll have to check out a show or two this summer, too.
Old 4/7/05, 04:36 PM

Originally posted by jayguy@April 7, 2005, 1:54 PM

Anyone know the Mustang clubs in the area? I'll have to check out a show or two this summer, too.

http://www.mustangsnorthwest.com/roundup/

Iowa would of been a good idea if I had thought about it. My wife is from Iowa. The round up in July sounds like a good time. But I have a trip planed for July I am going to ride my Harley to Colorado to visit family.
Old 4/7/05, 05:09 PM

I should add that Peirce county has a club to. I can find out more if you want me to?
On Friday nights all year long at at one of the Malls by crispy cream donunts in the parking lot Mustangs get together. I hear that in the summer it really gets hopping right now I hear about 25 cars average show up rain or shine. I have to confirm wich mall I dont re call if its south hill or tacoma mall I WILL find out because I want to go check that out this summer.
Old 4/7/05, 05:33 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

Order mine from Harris ford - after 2 months gave up and bought one right off the truck in olympia..
Old 4/7/05, 05:53 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

there is a big mustang show at Bellevue community college july 14-17
including a mustang drive & ride at pacific raceway then there is a traditional pony drive through washington
its in last months mustang monthly...they say over a 1000 cars!!!

http://www.mustangsnorthwest.com

BTW- anacortes ford is selling a red Gt... Dont know if its still there - it was there this last sunday 4/3/05.
Old 4/7/05, 06:16 PM
Bullitt Member

All,

The other mustang club is Pierce Country Regional Mustang Club.

Pierce County Regional Mustang Club

Last weekend I went to a get together that a bunch of people from StangNet put together. We met at Auburn Supermall, about 10 cars total, and then went to the Red Robin for dinner. Awesome time! I was the only '05 there, so it'll be easy to pick me out. Check out this thread for more:

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=531353

The Krispy Kreme meet is at the Puyallup Krispy Kreme (Only one according to Krispy Kreme's website, should be easy to find). Every Friday night, according to one of the guys who came out to Auburn.

Next weekend, the Port Angeles club is sponsoring a Mustang and Cougar show up in Port Angeles. See below link. Their flier says that there will be a dyno there; I'm going to get my car baselined before I order my Magnaflows. Should be a fun time.

Mustangs and Cougars at the Courthouse

Jayguy, you went all the way to Iowa to order yours? That may be a record...

Hope all this helps, guys. See you out there!

Eric
Old 4/7/05, 07:43 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

btw- I have read replacing the exhaust isnt adding anything to hp because the ford engineers did such a good job with the exhaust system - the only benefit from replacing the exhaust is supposedly a louder sound.
Old 4/7/05, 07:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Greg did you get that one from Auburn Ford?? I ordered one from that but couldn't wait that long... sounds just like the order I placed!
[/quote]

No, I did test drive a WB GT manual trans from Scarff in Auburn but it had the Shaker 1000 and I didn't want to pay the extra $1K for the stereo. They were talking at least MSRP. The sticker had a $3K markup. They sold it in February.

The one I have on order is from Bowen Scarff in Kent. $1K over invoice. I'm at least 6th or 7th in line and doubt I'd get an 05, even though I ordered in December. Their allocation is only one GT a month. I'll loose my price protection when the order converts to an 06.

The one I'm getting next week (I hope) is from Gillis Ford in Shelton, dealer stock, not a special order. Found it via the Ford inventory search. We were the second people to call on the car and made an offer over the phone, it hadn't even been built yet. Now it's on a rail car.

Greg
Old 4/7/05, 09:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by AJC@April 7, 2005, 6:46 PM
btw- I have read replacing the exhaust isnt adding anything to hp because the ford engineers did such a good job with the exhaust system - the only benefit from replacing the exhaust is supposedly a louder sound.
AJC,

I have read the same thing. I'm not expecting to pick up much, if it's anything I'll be happy, anything over 5hp I'll be ecstatic. That louder sound is exactly what I am going for. Later I will be adding an X-pipe and shorty headers, the synergy of all of this supposedly will add more power. We shall see, anyway.
Old 4/7/05, 11:38 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, I want the flowmasters more for sound and looks than performance. I like the looks of the tips, plus the black mufflers would look better from behind than the stocks.

Originally I was going to be getting my car from Detroit, part of the Pony Drive Purchase, so Iowa is actually a little closer. I lived there before moving here, and still have family there.

I checked with the 800 number tonight, and I've been upgraded to "Locked in for production" next week. Time to buy my plane ticket!

The Mustang Roundup looks like a blast, I don't know how I never knew about that before.

See you there!
Old 4/8/05, 08:13 AM

[quote=BigWorm2005GT,April 7, 2005, 5:19 PM]
All,

The other mustang club is Pierce Country Regional Mustang Club.

Pierce County Regional Mustang Club

Last weekend I went to a get together that a bunch of people from StangNet put together. We met at Auburn Supermall, about 10 cars total, and then went to the Red Robin for dinner. Awesome time! I was the only '05 there, so it'll be easy to pick me out. Check out this thread for more:

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=531353

The Krispy Kreme meet is at the Puyallup Krispy Kreme (Only one according to Krispy Kreme's website, should be easy to find). Every Friday night, according to one of the guys who came out to Auburn.

Next weekend, the Port Angeles club is sponsoring a Mustang and Cougar show up in Port Angeles. See below link. Their flier says that there will be a dyno there; I'm going to get my car baselined before I order my Magnaflows. Should be a fun time.

Thanks for getting the info straight.
Old 4/9/05, 10:02 AM

I went to the mall to buy some work boots about 7 pm and did a fly by the Krispy Kreme. I observed 8-10 Mustangs so when I got done at the the mall I went back I counted about 20 Mustangs. I spotted the sales man that I ordered my car from talked to him for a bit. We did not have jackets and I had my daughter with me and it was getting cold so we did not stay long. I can see going back.
What I found interesting was the broad range of age of people I have been to many biker functions taco thursdays etc. You dont see that broad range of age. This will be cool I cant wait to get my new mustang BUT I can see me out friday night on my Harley and stopping by LOL.
Old 4/12/05, 11:48 PM
Bullitt Member

:worship: The eagle has landed. Another 05 GT will be prowling the streets of Auburn. Hope to meet some of you in the near future.

Greg

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=21344
Old 4/13/05, 01:19 AM
Bullitt Member

right on Greg!!!!!!!!

congratulations on the new ride.

You're going to love it.

I look forward to seeing it one day. Hopefully we can organize a mustang meet in or around the King or Snohomish county area, somewhere a little closer to home. I read about the meet up in Port Angeles, but that is a little far to drive IMO.

Nick

Quick Reply: Any 05's in the Seattle area