Northwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Any 05's in the Seattle area

Search this Thread

Old 3/13/05, 12:07 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dyno sounds interesting - depends on cost - since I dont plan for mods right now other than a slight window tint

And something to keep in mind if you end up with a nasty scratch, I tried turtle wax - scratch and swirl remover polish this morning and followed up with Meguires tech wax paste and my big lookie loo sratch above my driver door handle that was about 5 inches long in the shape of an inverted v is history! cant even find it in the direct sunlight... !
Old 3/13/05, 01:30 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
bustedNissan,
I'll let you all know when I get the Dyno thing set up, if nothing else, you could show up to see other Mustangs. As for the breakin, there are 2 schools of thought. Some say to follow the manual, so you wouldn't be running it hard for a couple thou, others say to break it in hard, even recommend doing it on a dyno. There's a discussion in the 2005+ section on this now.

AJC, thats great to hear! I was wondering how deep the scratch was. Glad it wasn't bad.
Old 3/13/05, 04:07 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

actually they suggest varying speeds for the 1st 1000 miles in the manual. no break in period as far as revs or mph -
Old 3/13/05, 05:54 PM
Bullitt Member

well, thought I would check in over here,
I Live in Redmond, ordered the 05GT from Evergreen on Jan. 9th, no word yet on a date of any type, they said June or so, which really isnt that big a deal for me, let them get some revisions out of the way and some bugs worked out.
We did see a Windvail Blue GT last weekend in Bellevue with a little ol' lady grandma driving it, she was just happily puttin' along, lol

Mike
Old 3/14/05, 08:50 AM
Bullitt Member

AJC,

Still haven't seen your car running around, although I did see a Redfire GT the other day coming out of my place. That owner here? Sorry about your scratch, I know exactly how you feel. We went down to the Seattle waterfront on Friday, parked the car to go for a walk, and when we got back, found out that some ****** had smashed in the driver's side quarter window! I was literally speechless with rage! It's getting fixed today, but if I ever somehow find out who that... person... is, well then:

Anyway, I'll be back on the road today. I hope I can make the dyno day, I'd love to get a good baseline on my car, but I think I may be out of town then. We'll see. Until then, happy motoring, all!
Old 3/17/05, 01:28 AM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

man - what the heck where they after? That really stinks ... Anyother damage?

I drive down Broadway and usually up hewitt onto rucker and onto evergreen in the morning around 6:15
and return in the afternoon somewhere between 3:15-6:00 (depending on Ot) the same way. takes a little longer - but I dont mind!
Old 3/17/05, 11:32 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

well I have gone and done something over the top but I love my stang... I washed my car this afternoon and then waxed my car in the garage tonite..took three 1/2 hrs .

figures its raining out now...
Old 3/18/05, 10:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Yeah but there is nothing like having a fresh coat of wax on her though. I hope to put another coat on my baby this weekend. Not sure if I will have the time though. I got a golf tourny to play in, hope the weather is nice.
Old 3/18/05, 01:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Yeah, I need to wash mine as well... Fortunately, she now (again) has good glass all around. Safelite Auto Glass at the corner of Everett Ave and Broadway. If you need work done, they do good work. Professionally done, very good performance, in and back out in about an hour, couldn't ask for more. Anyway, I'm surprised I haven't seen you, Andrew, I'm coming up the same route at about the same time, must just keep missing each other.
Old 3/18/05, 07:37 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

Eric
only a matter of time before we run into each other then..

Yeah - I have been chomping at the bit to get a coat of wax on after I had the paint sealer put on... finally had the time.

Nick
I think I saw you the other day - near the McDonalds on everett mall way.. I was parked and getting some nutrition at MCds
Old 3/21/05, 10:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Alright, I'll be arriving in Western Washington tomorrow afternoon, so if you see a windveil blue stang GT floating around the Silverdale area, that's probably me. I'll be looking for a good paint shop in the area, since some hiney decided to tap my right rear bumper and there are some spots showing bare metal :bang: . Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.
Old 3/21/05, 09:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by WBstangGT@March 21, 2005, 11:15 AM
Alright, I'll be arriving in Western Washington tomorrow afternoon, so if you see a windveil blue stang GT floating around the Silverdale area, that's probably me. I'll be looking for a good paint shop in the area, since some hiney decided to tap my right rear bumper and there are some spots showing bare metal :bang: . Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Welcome Ken, I remember your post from when you left the Northeast, sorry to hear about the minor bumps/bruises to your GT. Sounds like Ford is using some really brittle paint or something. Also seems like the soft aluminum hood is really susceptible to chipping. Can't really offer any tips on paint shops, must be some in Bremerton? I hope to pick up my WB GT from a dealer in Shelton later this week.

Hope your stay is a good one!

Greg
Old 3/21/05, 10:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Well, I just got my JLT CAI in the mail today. Thinking about going to get a tune possibly this friday, not sure yet. I will have to see how the week unfolds. Anyways if I do, I will be sure to post the before and after dyno sheets.

Nick
Old 3/22/05, 06:45 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

it will be interesting to see - btw what does JLT CAI stand for? its a reprogram?
Old 3/22/05, 07:30 PM
Bullitt Member

JLT is the name of the company in which I purchased my cold air intake from (CAI). It will replace the factory airbox and tubing up to the throttle body. Installing it will cause a check eng light to illuminate, because of the increase in airflow into the engine, so Friday I will get the car tuned to avoid this and compensate for the increase in airflow.

NIck
Old 3/22/05, 08:55 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

ah got it - now i understand... so how much more HP are you expecting?
Old 3/22/05, 10:44 PM
Bullitt Member

anywhere from 25 to 35 at the rear wheels. This would include the CAI and a SCT (super chips tuning) tune.
Old 3/24/05, 08:37 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

so if you manage +35 hp your gonna be pumping about 290 rwhp !
Old 3/24/05, 08:38 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

Nick
Where are you getting the tune done ?

I am thinking about getting a predator tune - nothing major - probably the 87 octane tune...I dont want to pay for premium gas...
Old 3/24/05, 09:34 PM
Bullitt Member

-AJC-

I was going to get it done at Carb Connection (www.carbconn.com) in Kirkland. They are a SCT dealer. After talking to Alex down there I decided to get the custom DTP tune that JLT offers for their CAI (cold air intake). Apparently when you change MAF sizes (diameter of intake tube), it can be rather difficult, time consuming and spendy. So I decided to go with a the custom tune speciffically for my intake, offered through JLT. It will be cheaper, since the DTP tune has already gone through numerous tunes on 05's on dyno's to get it right. So needless to say I will have to order my tune from JLT.

Nick

p.s. around 290 hp at the rear wheels is what I expect. A lot of other members on this forum have been claiming hp in that area, after the tune and intake.

Quick Reply: Any 05's in the Seattle area