Northwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Any 05's in the Seattle area

Search this Thread

Old 3/9/05, 01:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
-Hey AJC- I am probably the Redfire you see in Everett, although there is on other that I have seen. My has aftermarket wheels on it.

-Gendronj- That's a good idea, in fact I just talked to a guy today about doing a dyno and SCT tune. He is somewhere in north seattle. He charges $365 for the SCT and his dyno sessions are $145 an hour. I'm sure we could all buddy up and get a discount though.

Nick
Old 3/9/05, 08:05 AM
V6 Member

Nick- How much HP / TQ did he gain? Also did you notice a difference when you removed your HC Trap even though you didn't tune it? I would be interested doing the dyno/ tune
Old 3/9/05, 04:47 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Woo hooo!! Found a dealer to put in an order! Already have my VOC from them even. Of course, they're in Iowa, but that's fine with me. I'm getting the car at $1200 under MSRP, that'll easily pay for the flight and drive back here. Get to stay at mom's for a couple days and show off the car to my brother and some other Mustang fans too.

Jay
VOC 03/09/2005
T82 GT Coupe Premium
Sonic Blue/Medium Parchment
4.6 V8 5sp Man
Active Anti-theft
Int Upgrade Pkg
Spoiler Delete
Seat Side Airbags
Old 3/9/05, 05:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Good deal! See you when you get back!
Old 3/9/05, 11:01 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

I have finally discovered something about the new stang that I am very unhappy with

Man the paint job is terrible. Its so thin a piece of bark coming off the road at 35mph chipped the paint.

Usually when you get a chip there is a ridge between the paint and the primer- usually there is an undercoat between the paint and metal. On the stang it appears they didnt undercoat (primer) at all. When theres a chip you can see bare metal immediately. In 1-1/2 weeks I have two chips showing bare metal from low speed small impacts.. I am not a happy camper. I'm Starting to wonder if the new stang has been rushed out the door at the factory and they sacrificed a quality paint job. Not sure what to do about it.
Old 3/10/05, 09:07 AM
Bullitt Member

That's both a shame to hear that it happened and worrisome to boot. No chips on mine yet, but if that's the case, then we all need to watch it very closely. Thanks for the heads up! Where exactly is the chip? I was definitely going to add the mudflaps, and this may make me consider the "bugflector" out of the accessories catalog. Dorky-looking maybe, but I'd rather that than risk the paint job.
Old 3/10/05, 07:31 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

passenger side hood up high, and passenger side Fender near the antenna..

I went to Brien motors today - they recommended a plastic shielding that can be put on the entire car - I may consider it.. they will do it - I will have to get a price quote.

I have managed to make the chips near invisible with a few tricks besides touch up paint.. I am going to try the Langka product - recommended by hellcat6 which blends touch up paint..
Old 3/10/05, 07:33 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

BTW- I am dying to see the sonic blue gt since its what I originally ordered ..
Old 3/10/05, 08:20 PM

Originally posted by gendronj@February 5, 2005, 9:12 PM
I went by another redfire the other night in Pullalup the other night that wasn't you was it? Other than that I haven't see too many GTs. Seen a couple of V6s though
Redfire you sighted in Puyallup might have been me. Just had the windows tinted. I agree about the car turning heads, things got a little crazy last time I drove it. I counted at least 3 near misses of people almost rearending cars in front of them on 512 and I-5 as they try to take a look at the car.

Just found the NW area here, so I will check more often.

2005 GT Premium, 5 spd, Redfire/Drk Charcoal, IUP, Active AntiTheft, Shaker 500, Side Airbags, Rear Spoiler
Old 3/11/05, 01:42 AM
Bullitt Member

jendronj-

I haven't taken my car in yet, I am strongly thinking about ordering the JLT CAI on monday, I tried today but the guy was out! Not sure if I will use the tune (DTP tune) that he has availabe with the CAI or if I will have it tuned on a dyno. Still debating, I think if I am going to shell out the money for a dyno, I am going to want to get a few more mods. On the other hand it would be nice to have a baseline dyno sheet so I can see my gains over time. I dunno yet.

AJC-

Listen to this, the other day while washing my car I notice that somebody hit my bumper, probably at work, in the parking lot. Anyways the screws that held his liscence plate on left two nice F$%$@#@ holes on my bumper, and you can make out about two letters on his liscence plate. The only problem is I don't know when or where this actually took place. I know it happened in the last week though. With some touch up paint and a good buff, it should disappear though except for the F$#@%## holes.

Nick

Oh by the way, my ride gets lowered and inch and a half on Saturday. I will post some pics.
Old 3/11/05, 03:48 PM

stinks about the holes in your bumper, Nick. The lowering sounds cool though! Can't wait to see the pics.

I got my DORA today, so now I have to find the EvilRobotLady's number so I can call in daily.

We'll have to see about a group dyno day some time, or at least a little get together. A couple years ago a few Tacoma owners went to a place in Kirkland for some dyno pulls, that was pretty fun. We got a discounted price for the group, and they gave us all a cd with our dyno results on it when we were done. There was a guy with a Ferrari Challenge Stradale that jumped on just as we finished, and let a few of us sit in his car as he did his pulls. f*%&ing awesome!

His car made my 168hp seem like nothing though.
Old 3/11/05, 07:49 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

Nick,
Oh man thats terrible The fact the idiot didnt leave a note is even worse. I have been attempting to park in the far corners of the parking lots - and walking ...

The impact Actually created holes in the bumper? That might be worth getting fixed. I would have been PO'd. Perhaps you should claim it on underinsured motorist and get it fixed otherwise it will drive you nuts.

1989 I had a crysler conquest TSI brand new only 4 days old in a parking lot and someone doing donuts caved the whole front end in almost totalled it... just about took out the turbos intercooler... I was freakin, and NO NOTE just the wreckage. so I know how you feel.

I got my License plates today - only put on the back one - I was followed through seattle, on my way to olympia all star ford, by a mineral grey GT and as I watched him in my rearview mirror with his front license plate - I realized couldnt allow it on my car.. lets just hope the Police ignore it. I see alot of corvettes (newer ones) without the front plate.

Got a great new chip on the way down there too!
Old 3/12/05, 08:16 AM

I was over in Seattle / Tacoma this week and saw 4 v6 05 Mustangs, 2 GT's a White one at the Gardens, and a red one over by Northgate, the red one had a body kit on it. Still have not seen any GT's in Spokane other then my Yellow one.
John
Old 3/12/05, 10:43 AM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

FORD NUMBER
1-800-9623746
select option #1
you need,
dealer code
model yr: 2005
GT body type t82 (say it as tee- eight-two) very clearly
order #

-
Old 3/12/05, 10:55 AM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

I dont plan on doing any mods to my car - at least until its out of warranty. One reason I hesitate about mods is if its stock - it will be worth more in 30yrs. My car was right off the truck and not yet detailed when I got it. SoI have recovered every factory tag (including the ones on the underside) in a ziplock bag, every piece of paper that came with the car. If you ever watch the barret jackson auction on tv they always lower the price for modded cars.
Once mine is paid off - its going in the garage ( i already keep it in my garage) but store it and only drive it once and awhile. I am considering buying a beater in a few months and only taking the stang out on nice sunny days...
Old 3/12/05, 05:32 PM

AJC, thanks!

I LOVE the Robot Lady!

I know some people have been waiting a long time, and I think that really stinks. I have too, although I was waiting for Ford to give us Pony Drivers the info to place our orders. But since that fell through, I had to go ahead and order my car my self. Got it ordered on Wednesday from a dealer in Iowa, and just called the status line this afternoon. "As of March 10th, your car is scheduled to be built the week of April 4th." I LOVE the robot lady!!

Oh, and I found out that if you shout out when she's telling you this, she cuts off and tells you that she didn't understand your last remark. LOL

So, I should be back with it by the end of April, and was wondering who else in the PS area would like to try for a dyno day. I've been to one place in Kirkland with some Toyota owners (pickups with blowers), and heard today that another place in Renton is really good. I was gonna check them both out to see if we could get a group deal, but we'd have to guarantee a certain number (usually at least 5 people). Let me know if you're interested and I'll see what I can set up. Or if anyone else has a place in mind, that'll work too.
Old 3/12/05, 11:56 PM
V6 Member

Hey JayGuy
Count me in I am in the Tacoma Area but I would love to get a baseline dyno before doing any mods to mine. Just let me know the date.
Old 3/13/05, 12:49 AM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

anyone know of a reputable paint shop in the north end? I got my first lookie loo damage today - someone leaning up against the window while it was parked at a store - scratched up my driver door with a zipper or key or something.. ... real nice of them...
Old 3/13/05, 02:30 AM

gendronj, I won't have my car until mid-may, so might not be until the end of may or so, but I'll be posting it in here when I get something set up. I'll probably ask for suggestions then, too.
Old 3/13/05, 10:51 AM

Originally posted by jayguy@March 12, 2005, 6:35 PM
Got it ordered on Wednesday from a dealer in Iowa, and just called the status line this afternoon. "As of March 10th, your car is scheduled to be built the week of April 4th." I LOVE the robot lady!!
darn. That's a quick turn-around time! I ordered 11/24 and didn't get mine built until 2/14 and it didn't arrive until late last week. Makes me wonder if ordering that early was really worth all the nervous breakdowns...

As for the dyno, I can't commit to anything yet, but I may definitely be interested come May. Oh, and how broken-in should the pony be before the first dyno?

Quick Reply: Any 05's in the Seattle area