Mid-Atlantic Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Experiences with Joe Heck Racing in NJ

Search this Thread

Old 3/21/08, 08:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Experiences with Joe Heck Racing in NJ

Hey,
Anybody have any work done at Joe Heck Racing in Lakewood, NJ?
Looking for someone to do my mods for me.
Thanks for the info
LJS
Old 3/21/08, 12:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I have had some work done there. What are you looking to do? All of his work is done through Big Daddy Performance. www.bigdaddyperformance.com

Dwayne Gutridge is the owner and he does a great job and knows a lot about the mustang. He dyno tuned my car and I am very happy with it. Joe Heck Racing sells parts and Dwaynes shop installs them. Personally, I would just call and work with Dwayne. You may get better pricing and you will be talking and dealing with the people doing the work. I have not heard anything bad about the race shop.
Old 3/21/08, 01:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Couldn't agree more. Without turning this into a bashing session, I started my experience talking with Joe Heck, but they where trying to sell me things I didn't want. Ended up calling Dwayne directly, and he is great to work with. He will listen to what you want, and let you know if it makes sense to do it or not. He doesn't judge, but will turn work away if he feels it's just a way for him to make money off of you and not in the best interest of you and your car. Any shop work I get done (future cams and bottom end build???) will be done at Big Daddy Performance!
Old 3/21/08, 07:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by EastCoast07GtCs
Couldn't agree more. Without turning this into a bashing session, I started my experience talking with Joe Heck, but they where trying to sell me things I didn't want. Ended up calling Dwayne directly, and he is great to work with. He will listen to what you want, and let you know if it makes sense to do it or not. He doesn't judge, but will turn work away if he feels it's just a way for him to make money off of you and not in the best interest of you and your car. Any shop work I get done (future cams and bottom end build???) will be done at Big Daddy Performance!
the only thing I can say about Joe Heck, was when i was shopping around for the whipple supercharger, he wanted $600 more than what the price listed on the whipple website. he also wanted to charge me 2000 for installation and tuning (even though it came with a tune) so he dropped it back down to $1900. but yea as mentioned before he does try to sell you things you are not wanting. he also tried to get me to buy some FRPP shorty headers and telling me that it will give me a 15HP gain. yea ok, thats when I said, thanks for your time and hung up.
Old 3/22/08, 12:57 PM
Bullitt Member

wow, thanks for the info, I'll call bigdaddyperformance.
LJS
Old 3/23/08, 07:53 AM

Hello Mr-Stang,
I live in South Jersey, and was getting major mods done to my 07 GT/CS ( See sig ).
Priced all the local shops, Joe Heck included. Talked to Fred at Evolution and the price he quoted me was a lot less.
For the same bottom line dollar figure, I got the American racing long tubes, race cats, and Bassani axle backs added in.
Evolution was a two hour plus ride out of the way, but worth it.

Old 3/23/08, 11:01 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice mod list!! I am in south Jersey as well - what was the all-in price for the complete install? If you don't want to post it, I understand
Old 3/24/08, 06:11 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Moved to the regional section.
Old 3/24/08, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by BlueSkyVert
Nice mod list!! I am in south Jersey as well - what was the all-in price for the complete install? If you don't want to post it, I understand
Husband and I budgeted 15K for mods. ( gone ) Then Christmas, birthdays, and any other excuse to bolt something on, doesn't count right?
Old 3/24/08, 12:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

South Jersey Guys,

Look into Tillman Speed as well, they are very competative and will beat prices!! Right down the road from Evolution, and they will beat Evolutions prices!
Old 3/24/08, 12:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Awesome feedback, thanks!
With the weather warming up, I've got the mod bug...
Nice ride OZMA. you've got my ride, minus the mods.
LJS
Old 3/25/08, 11:58 AM
Former Vendor

We would be glad to help you with your project. We carry in stock a full line of BMR Fabrication, Steeda, JLT, C&L, SCT, Kooks, American Racing, Whipple, Ford Racing, Magnaflow, etc.

We have an in house Dynojet 224xLC and are ASE, SCT, and Dynojet Certified. Let us know if there's anything at all that you need!

CR
Tillman Speed
610-497-5776