Midwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread

Search this Thread

Old 6/20/08, 03:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ov3n
Going to be installing MAC Longtubes tomorrow and Steeda pullies. Yay! We will be on a lift. We are going to attempt the install by supporting the engine and removing the front subframe. That should give us more than enough room to work with up in there.

Hey Nick...sounds like alot of work to remove the front subframe. No need to do that with most header brands. You might want to re-consider that. Never heard of any brand that required that.
Scott
Old 6/20/08, 04:09 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Mustang Heaven

Stopped by the show in Dublin,OH on my way home today. Most Mustangs I've ever seen in one place. All years,colors,models etc. Alot had their covers on, Sat & Sun will be the big days.
Met dly & chatted w/him a bit.

Scott,
I'll talk w/you tomorrow. Saw a Boss 429 same green as yours there
Chance of rain going down, now calling for mostly sunny

Nick,
Let us know how your install goes,I'm betting you're in for a full day.
Mounts show up yet?

Rest of you will be missing a nice show, I'll get pics.
Old 6/20/08, 05:34 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by aircare84
Mustang Heaven

Stopped by the show in Dublin,OH on my way home today. Most Mustangs I've ever seen in one place. All years,colors,models etc. Alot had their covers on, Sat & Sun will be the big days.

Scott,

Nick,
Mounts show up yet?

I hope someone gets a lot of pics!!!
Old 6/20/08, 06:05 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Stoenr
Got a drive in theater by ya?
Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Ye...Ha! The drive-in was the best when I was 16,17,18 & 19 yrs. old. Some good memories. At last...they are gone around me for the last 6-7 years.
Yep!, Tri-Way Theater in Plymouth, IN. 3 screens! I hadnt been there in YEARS!...last movie I saw there was "Independance Day" It pretty cool now though...they have radio transmitters at the theatre so you can tune in to the audio from your cars stereo. Pretty sweet! The double feature after kung Fu Panda was Sex and the city....and yes...we stayted.....
Old 6/20/08, 06:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Mustang Heaven

Scott,

Ani't driving the 70. No way. Just spent 4 1/2 hours cleaning the Vert inside and out. It needed it. It will most likely rain now since I spent so much time. The camera is charged and I plan to take a bunch of pics. Green is G00D!!!

Nick,
Mounts show up yet?

Hey Nick...Going into work at 5 AM on Sunday for a little lathe work!!!

Originally Posted by red454
I hope someone gets a lot of pics!!!

I will get some also for you bunch of Midwest lackies!!!!!!
Old 6/20/08, 06:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by codeman94
Yep!, Tri-Way Theater in Plymouth, IN. 3 screens! I hadnt been there in YEARS!...last movie I saw there was "Independance Day" It pretty cool now though...they have radio transmitters at the theatre so you can tune in to the audio from your cars stereo. Pretty sweet! The double feature after kung Fu Panda was Sex and the city....and yes...we stayted.....

My experiences at the drive-in would make you blush Cody................... Oh yeah!!!!!!!! Thank goodness for 1967 Fury III stationwagons!!!!
Old 6/20/08, 07:02 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Its Friday night !
Old 6/20/08, 07:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by blkstang06
Its Friday night !

Who are you.....and where did you come from??????????? Hi Scott!!!!!!!
Old 6/20/08, 07:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by dly
All shined up and packed heading for Dublin, Oh. in the morning. I got a ruling from the head Judge that allowes me to have a display with my car. I'm taking my laptop, perhaps I can post from the Hotel.
Be looking for you dly
I'll try to stop by Fri.on the way home from work, if not Scott & I will be over Sat. around noon.

Good luck!
Yep, should be there noonish or so. Larry...I will give you a call on your cell when I am getting close.
Scott
Take some good pix for me guys...... this weekend will be really tough for me. I helped organize and complete our company's transition into chapter 11 bankruptcy today and will be working pretty much all weekend. Good news is we were able to negotiate an APA with a long-time competitor of ours, and they intend to keep our facilities open and maintain the existing management. Which means, I may get to keep my car LOL.

Ye...Ha! The drive-in was the best when I was 16,17,18 & 19 yrs. old. Some good memories.
I hear you, I was always a fan of black & white films too.
Old 6/21/08, 01:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey Nick...sounds like alot of work to remove the front subframe. No need to do that with most header brands. You might want to re-consider that. Never heard of any brand that required that.
Scott
We shall see once we get under it.. Dropping the subframe is what Brenspeed suggested.. If it's too much of a pain we'll attack it through traditional methods.

I averaged 28.7mpg on my 200 Mile trip to Milwaukee
Old 6/21/08, 06:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,
Gentlemen, and you too old indian dude. This is Robert with Shaftmasters. Just thought I'd say hi and let you guys know our new user name. Since we quit advertising on this forum we had to change our user name which we understand. We are currently reevaluating our desire to continue in the GT market. Our driveshafts were working fine with no complaints until just recently when we have had 4 different customers use our unconditional money back guarantee and returned our shafts for a full refund. In every instance they had done significant rear suspension upgrades and complained of excessive harmonic vibration after installing our shaft. After rechecking these shafts and finding nothing wrong with them we resold them to customers without these suspension mods and have yet to hear of any complaints from them. This tells us there is some compatiblity issue between the use of aluminum driveshafts on the GT's and certain suspension modifications. Do any of you guys have harmonic dampers installed from the factory on your axle housings? We have read where some have them and some don't. If we can find a cure to this issue we will be back in the game, if not then we can no longer continue to market these shafts since these suspension mods are becoming more and more popular. Any help would be appreciated. Are any of you guys planning on coming to Michigan for the Woodward dream cruise?
Robert
Old 6/21/08, 06:43 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey Robert,
Nice to see you back. My Vert has those big chucks of metal on the rear end. I don't know why some cars have them and some don't. Even cars just built a few weeks apart are different. What week is the Dream Cruise this year? The wife and I have been to two of them. Very cool time.
Old 6/21/08, 06:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Robert, turn on your ability to receive private messages.
Old 6/21/08, 07:18 AM

Hey Robert,
Nice to see you back. My Vert has those big chucks of metal on the rear end. I don't know why some cars have them and some don't. Even cars just built a few weeks apart are different. What week is the Dream Cruise this year? The wife and I have been to two of them. Very cool time.
Hi Scott,
The dream cruise is the third saturday in August. Why do you think some have it and some don't. From a production standpoint it doesn't make sense to us. What year is your GT?
Old 6/21/08, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by tom281
Robert, turn on your ability to receive private messages.
Hi Tom,
I went to edit options and turned on e-mail options and it still isn't working. What do you think I am doing wrong? Do you have the dampers on your housing?
Old 6/21/08, 08:14 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by BobbyGT
Hi Scott,
The dream cruise is the third saturday in August. Why do you think some have it and some don't. From a production standpoint it doesn't make sense to us. What year is your GT?

My car is an 05. It was built in early March of 2005. I really don't have any idea why some have it and some don't.
Old 6/21/08, 08:42 AM

My car is an 05. It was built in early March of 2005. I really don't have any idea why some have it and some don't.
Hi Scott,
Where exactly are these dampers located on your housing? By the way, if you plan on attending the dream cruise you'll encounter I-75 being shut down in Southwest Detroit.
Old 6/21/08, 09:22 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Hi,
Gentlemen, and you too old indian dude. This is Robert with Shaftmasters. Just thought I'd say hi and let you guys know our new user name. Since we quit advertising on this forum we had to change our user name which we understand. We are currently reevaluating our desire to continue in the GT market. Our driveshafts were working fine with no complaints until just recently when we have had 4 different customers use our unconditional money back guarantee and returned our shafts for a full refund. In every instance they had done significant rear suspension upgrades and complained of excessive harmonic vibration after installing our shaft. After rechecking these shafts and finding nothing wrong with them we resold them to customers without these suspension mods and have yet to hear of any complaints from them. This tells us there is some compatiblity issue between the use of aluminum driveshafts on the GT's and certain suspension modifications. Do any of you guys have harmonic dampers installed from the factory on your axle housings? We have read where some have them and some don't. If we can find a cure to this issue we will be back in the game, if not then we can no longer continue to market these shafts since these suspension mods are becoming more and more popular. Any help would be appreciated. Are any of you guys planning on coming to Michigan for the Woodward dream cruise?
Robert
Yes, I had them on my axle, removed them to install the J&M LCA reco brackets. I still have no vibration with the Shaftmaster shaft.

Last edited by blkstang06; 6/21/08 at 09:33 AM.
Old 6/21/08, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by blkstang06
Yes, I had them on my axle, removed them to install the J&M LCA reco brackets. I still have no vibration with the Shaftmaster shaft.
Hi Scott,
How have you been. Have you done the talk show host yet? So can we assume that anyone doing the aftermarket lower control arm mod has to remove these dampers? Also do you think that they serve little use?
Old 6/21/08, 10:18 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Hi Scott,
How have you been. Have you done the talk show host yet? So can we assume that anyone doing the aftermarket lower control arm mod has to remove these dampers? Also do you think that they serve little use?
Me fine !....I gave up on the big girl ! I think she's a carpet muncher anyway .... Notice on the J&M LCA bracket, it uses a three bolt design on mounting the bracket. the top bolt hole is where the balancers are mounted. some manufactures don't use this hole in their bracket designs. As far as these balancers being needed, I sure Ford thinks so ! the balancers weigh about 5 pounds apiece.

Quick Reply: Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread