Southwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa

Search this Thread

Old 3/31/07, 10:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DavidM
Well this set comes in at a whopping $209.00 and I got mine at half of that price thru a TMS member that swapped out to a set of adjustables after an extreme lowering job with fat tires. So I picked them up for $130. shipped. Slightly used is ok with me since worse case I have to replace the bushings. But I think they will be fine.
That sounds like a really good deal. Does it come with relocation brackets? I guess, first off, do you even need relocation brackets? What would LCAs do to a daily driver? WOuld it harshen the ride? I wonder what my UCA will do to my ride...
Old 3/31/07, 11:00 AM

Hey Bob, what do you have going on besides your cam covers? Do you have any pics of them installed yet? Have you found out anything about good suspension parts for the type of driving you will be doing? I wish I knew where to go to find a better daily driving setup...
Old 3/31/07, 11:04 AM

LCA's arrived! Look good according to my son. I haven't seen in person as of yet. Will install tomorrow if anyone is interested in attending for a mod day.
Old 3/31/07, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by cobra4548
That sounds like a really good deal. Does it come with relocation brackets? I guess, first off, do you even need relocation brackets? What would LCAs do to a daily driver? WOuld it harshen the ride? I wonder what my UCA will do to my ride...
These are stock replacements no brackest needed. As I plan to use the Steeda Ultra Lite springs in the future which only drop 1" These will work great and if necessary I will use the adjustable upper link to correct suspension geometry. From my research these new LCA's will eliminate 99% of wheel hop. Also Steeda claims no increase in NVH with these.
Old 3/31/07, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by T Town Bobby D
Do you have to grease them and are you going to get the relocation brackets ?
I do not believe these reqiure grease and no relocation brackets needed in my application. Perhaps if I had a in the weeds drop and fat tires the brackets may be a necessity. This is the reason the fellow was selling them. Fat tires + Drop of more than 2" in the rear = Adjustable lower LCA's or Brackets. He chose the adjustable lowers.
Old 3/31/07, 01:07 PM

ATTN: All Bold Moves Club Patrons,

Drag night has been rescheduled due to the rain until 04-06-07 @ 6:00 pm

I hope everyone can attend (Bob you are required to attend) .
Old 3/31/07, 02:35 PM

Sir, yes, sir. We'll be there sir!

Also, for those that are going with me to Lawton for the Poker Run on Saturday. We will be pulling out of Tulsa at 8am. We can talk this week as to where to meet to leave from.
Old 3/31/07, 02:57 PM

Bueno!
Old 3/31/07, 04:07 PM

Interesting article on the new KR Shelby
http://media.ford.com/article_displa...ticle_id=25783
Old 3/31/07, 04:53 PM

It is the Shelby GT-H convertible that was shown at the auction

KR will be at NY show

KR HP kit ?

Then a Mustang Sally with pink trim
Old 3/31/07, 05:00 PM

Mustang Sally with a PINK trim is like:

Biscuits and gnomes
Shelby hemoglobin
Lemonade haberdasher

It just dosen't make any sense.
HUH?
Old 3/31/07, 05:08 PM

The cam covers are leaning against the fireplace, started to put them back on several times but once in awhile I look at them.....not real happy,

May paint them, may powder coat them, may wrinkle paint them, may just trash them....I'm in no hurry,

May put them back on and if I still don't like them just re-do them over the winter........which is what I will do,

Took the hood liner off for some patch them,

Painter part of the TB,

Painted the MAF,

Took off the strut brace and manifold cover, for some changes,

Repainted the radiator cover,

Ordered some hose and clamps,

Ordered some special paint,

Front corner lens came in today,

Tried to watch some of the B&J auction....

Just playing with the red toy when I have the time.....
Old 3/31/07, 05:12 PM

I think if the Mustang sales keep tanking then Ford will have to come out with the Bullet or Boss, not the crap they are coming out with now.
Old 3/31/07, 07:17 PM

Garage opens at 12:00 for LCA install if anyone is interested in attending. Bob you need to get those cam covers back on before next fri. Do you have any pics of the final polish job?

Ford just needs to stop the BS and start giving people what they want, and that means doung a shelby like car for under 30 grand and producing enough so the dealers can't raise the price 40% like they have done on the Shelby. Oh and make a family car that can compete interms of safety gas mileage and longevity with the rice family of vehicles from Honda, Nissan etc... There also needs to be some overhaul of the Unions that have caused the employment costs to be out of this world without a lot of production being done to offset the costs.
Old 3/31/07, 07:56 PM

In my checking out suspensions I have found out that Ford has most of the undercarriage bolts as a one time torque, why who knows...
Old 3/31/07, 08:48 PM

Torque to Yield bolts, I have heard this as well. But you have to then pose the question if this is true then why do NONE of the aftermarket parts sources offer new bolts with their kits???

Is this just another stupid rumor started on the TMS or another source?? I think that most suspension components have grade 8 or higher bolts. Torque to Yield bolts are generally saved for cylinder heads that are under extreme stress and it may be unsafe to "re-use" the originals. I don't see any reason that Ford would use this in the undercarriage bolts.? Again I think if this were the case then new bolts would be part of the package when buying replacement suspension parts. Moreover if damage could occur or an unsafe condition could be made by re-use of the original bolts. One final thought that might put this to rest. If you buy the FRPP suspension parts do they include new bolts? The answer to this simple question might tell the tale.
Old 4/1/07, 06:23 AM

Hey David... I'm thinking about getting a welder soon... would you do me a favor before you install your LCAs? Get the measurements length, width, size of bushing etc... This might be my first project. Thanks.

If they are grade 8 bolts, I would not have a prob re-using them. But I would use grade 8 regardless. You're not gonna break them. Cheap insurance.

On Ford... Ford is moving in the right direction, in regards to trying to catch the ricers. The Fusion and Edge are a great start. When looking for crossover, I drove the Nissan, Mazda and Honda. The Edge beat them hands down in regards to space, performance, features and over all bang for the buck. They also did a test with the Fusion vs. Camery and Accord. The Fusion won out hands down. So.. slowly but surely they are moving in the right direction in that aspect. It's about friggin time!

Unions are a whole other subject. Don't get me started. They have killed more companies...

As far as a Shelby for under $30? Not gonna happen. Nor would I want it to. If I buy a Shelby, I'm not only buying the performance, but I'm buying it for exclusivity. I don't want every joe out there driving the same thing. The v6 and GT are for that. Ford does need to put the kabosh on dealers being able to charge $30k over sticker though.

Off to go diving...
Old 4/1/07, 07:33 AM

One of the sources for the "one torque" bolts is Steeda, apparently they are starting to include new bolts on some items,

May not hurt to contact Steeda and Ford Racing.
Old 4/1/07, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by T Town Bobby D
One of the sources for the "one torque" bolts is Steeda, apparently they are starting to include new bolts on some items,

May not hurt to contact Steeda and Ford Racing.

Bob, where did you find this? I have been all over the Steeda site and can't find anything about one torque bolts or an offering of new bolts with any of their kits??? I sent an e-mail asking about this to them. I guess I'll see what they say. I even looked at the installation instructions for the upper third link and lower stuff ....no mention of new bolts or anything at all about bolts being one torque. Is this yet another piece of bad info from the TMS forums someone saying that they talked or read on the Steeda ....bla bla BS BS BS........ .
Old 4/1/07, 08:44 AM

It's amazing to me just how much bogus info and rumors are floating around on the forums. Lots of good stuff, but lots of bad as well. I sure am glad that I have previous knowledge about modding a car because I have to say it would be real easy to get steered in the wrong direction by someone who has 10,000 posts but dosen't know a driveshaft from their a$$ !

Quick Reply: Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa