Southwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa

Search this Thread

Old 7/22/06, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just needed to make my debute and say hello to all. Sorry I haven't made it on here and haven't made it to the BYB stuff yet. I am planning on attending this Tuesday evening, July 25 if I can. Anybody have any new mods lately? I am having an AVIC-Z1 installed in the next week. How about you Paul, any new birthday presents?

Jeff
Old 7/23/06, 01:37 PM

** What a circle jerk........went to Hooters to enter the car show,
** Was coming down 61st. headed to Hooters and noticed 4 to 5 cars
going the other way and said to myself this is not good....
** One entrance was blocked off with a pickup and no one in charge
** All the other entrances were open but no signs of anyone in charge
** Drove around and no place to park
** A group of bikes were clustered together in two parking slots and
they were trying to figure out where to park
** Cars were driving around looking for a place to park
** They had cars and bikes in the front and a small row down 61st.
** Where they usually have row after row behind the restaurant there
were just regular parked cars, nothing roped off
** Came home called the restaurant manager and told him what a mess it was, he said I could talk to the head of " Cancer Sucks" that was in charge of the show, told him I did not want to talk with somebody that didn't have a clue and as the manager it reflected on him..made him go out the back door and ask him how many show cars he saw...told me he was sorry and that he would talk to "Cancer Sucks" and make sure it never happened again
** He then offered me a free meal and my choice of two hostess ( LOL )
Old 7/25/06, 07:51 AM

Check out www.autoblog.com on Fords future plans for a Boss edition, 390 h.p., lighter than the Shelby, suspension from the Shelby . Hope they build it before Ford goes belly up.
Old 7/25/06, 07:57 AM

The thread is back! Thanks Mods.
Old 7/25/06, 08:55 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Btw, I never saw where this thread was gone.. no history of it being changed... as in, its been here the whole time.
Old 7/25/06, 09:19 AM

Your "whole" site was down last Sunday morning for a little over an hour , once in awhile it goes down for a short time and then is back......which was probably what happened to Paul. Are you guys making daily backups so the next time the site goes down all the information and pictures will not be lost and have you done anything to make sure this site has not out grown your technical capabilities ? It is nor just Paul and I because others in their posts have mentioned the site going down for a short period of time.
Old 7/25/06, 09:43 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Our host does regular backups as they always have. The previous problems were with hardware providers, in which we've moved to new better ones (along with alot larger bills). We shouldnt experience problems like we have in the past
Old 7/25/06, 12:26 PM

Strange.... the thread was gone this morning. I checked on two different computers... Dunno. It's back now.
Old 7/25/06, 12:31 PM

BTW... Can we make this a sticky?
Old 7/25/06, 03:04 PM
V6 Member

Hey, I just got some new mufflers put on. My second set of Flows started rattling, just like the first set, so Will (CarFX) put on some Pypes Violators. They sound AWESOME, IMO. I love them. They have a smoother sound than the Flows, and they are a direct flow muffler, so there is nothing to bust loose inside.
Old 7/25/06, 07:18 PM

Congratulations, sounds like Will stood behind what he sells. Can't wait to hear them......
Old 7/26/06, 08:06 AM

Well it turned out good in the end! I've heard about the prob with the welds. Sucks that it happened to you twice. I don't have any problems thus far.
Old 7/26/06, 08:44 AM
V6 Member

Will said he has replaced one guys Flows Three Times! Will said it only happens on manual trans cars with X-pipes. I think you two (Paul and Bob) are in the clear
Old 7/26/06, 12:53 PM

What would X pipes have to do with it... Hmm... strange. Oh... change your sighniture.

So you like the Pypes huh? Any drone? Are they louder?
Old 7/26/06, 03:47 PM
V6 Member

They are probably about as loud as the Flowmasters, but maybe with a little less drone. The X-pipe makes it considerably louder, and also causes the trumpeting everyone is always talking about. I think the trumpeting is or causes a much harsher sound wave vibration passing through the mufflers, and the Flowmaster welds just couldn't handle it. The stock cats prevent this from happening.
Old 7/27/06, 12:06 PM

Ok... I know I've been bad as of late... Been real busy with family and scuba stuff... BUT!

Who's up for going out to BYB this coming Tues evening ? I'd like to get a good showing. Sound off...
Old 7/27/06, 04:08 PM
V6 Member

I think I might actually be able to go this coming Tuesday. Off the subject, does anybody know how to buy a repossessed house?
Old 7/27/06, 06:04 PM

I am unfortunately can't go since it's the first Tuesday of the month. My wife and I have to go to the GCCM meeting since we are the newsletter editors. I am planning on coming the next Tuesday which would be the 8th. It's at 6:30 right? Still working on Bob Hurley Ford. I've just been swamped at work and haven't had a chance to call and see. Hopefully we can get t-shirts or something, maybe a discount..who knows?! I am having my new AVIC-Z1 installed next week since it was just delivered by UPS today. Navigation here I come! As to the repoed house call a mortgage person and they can tell you the ins and outs.

Jeff
Old 7/27/06, 08:26 PM

Matt......You need to be very, very careful.

Get a lawyer to make sure there are no liens or ownership problems,

Sometimes they sell for much more than they are worth, they want to get rid of it but they want their money back,

Check out prices on houses close to this repo and by close I mean close, not blocks away,

Get it inspected and by an Engineer; not you, but an old guy like me,

Remember if they could not keep up payments , they sure as hell did not stay up with maintenance,

I think there will be a lot of houses on the market soon when the bubble pops,

It is dangerous out there, be careful.

Not having Flowmasters is almost unAmerican to me.

Paul......Should be able to be there next Tuesday
Old 7/28/06, 08:10 AM

Matt,
You hit on one of my investment ventures…. Ok. Here we go.

Bob has some good points. Especially about him being old…. Sorry. Could resist Bob..

Questions… Where is it located? Location, location, location. (The key to real estate). How old is the property? How long has it been on the market? What type of loan are you going to do? FHA, Conventional, VA ? VA and FHA have certain inspection requirements that the property must pass.

Repos can be a good investment or a money pit. I assume your working with a bank. Keep in mind that banks don't want to deal with having to sell assets. It's a burden to them. They hardly ever make money on repos. As Bob mentioned, if the people that previously owned the house couldn't afford the mortgage, they dammed sure couldn't afford to do improvements or maintenance. Do not sign a contract until you get the inspections done. OR at the VERY least, add a ton of contingencies to cover you butt in case the inspections find major issues with the property and you want out. This is where the lawyer can help…

They key is doing your due diligence! Have the property inspected thoroughly! You'll have to pay for this… UNLESS you can negotiate the costs with the bank. Some will pay for these or split the cost. BTW… when it comes to who pays for what in real estate fee… EVERYTHING is negotiable.

Before shelling out the cash for the inspections and since you're an engineer, I'd walk through the property first, if it looks good and sound, go ahead and call in the pros to inspect. If it looks like the property has structural issues, cracks on the foundation, roofing issues, etc, walk away. Remember, the structure issues can be fixed, however 9 out of 10 times they will be required to be tuned or redone in the future. Also, structural repairs such as piers must be disclosed when you are trying to resell the property. This can kill resale and the value of a home. Think of it as a salvaged title for a car….

Have a CMA (Competitive Market Analyst) preformed. This will tell you every property that is comparable to the one you are wanting to purchase (# of rooms, features, sq footage, etc) within a square mile or so that has sold and for what price. Most Real Estate agent will do this free of charge.

Repo pros and cons:
Pros: Remember the bank wants to dump this… It's a liability to them and it's costing them money. It called being a "Motivated Seller". Buyers LOVE that term. That along with the possibility of the property needing some work, can give you a great negotiating advantage. So much so, that you can get a property at substantially below market value.

Cons: The unknown… even the best inspection can not provide a guarantee that everything is sound. They don't use X-rays… but this is common is any "used home". Even if things like the appliances, heating and AC units, etc, are working at the time of inspection, if they are the original and the house is 10 -20 yrs old, they could crap out (and probably will) the day after you move in.

Bottom line... do the homework and your due diligence. If you do, you should have a good investment. Good luck bro! Let me know if you have any questions.

Quick Reply: Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa