2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

XM Radio

Search this Thread

Old 9/7/04, 09:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't know if you've seen them yet, sony just released XM direct receiver and modules. The Receiver is small enough to fit just about any where. Then you buy the module to connect the receiver to a Satellite ready head unit. Doesn't matter if it's XM ready or not. The module gives you the ability to control the receiver and it displays the track information through the head unit.

The modules are made for different head units, if one isn't available at this time for the ford, i'm sure there will be one soon!
Old 9/7/04, 09:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Roady 2 is the new XM radio that has a built in modulator. You can get a free (after rebate)in home kit now. I think Sirius has exclusive contracts with Ford regardless of the radio that's in the vehicle and XM's contract is with GM, Chrysler. I have XM in my Dodge now and really enjoy it. News sports weather talk or great tunes, whatever your need is. It works great!
Old 9/7/04, 11:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Could you put a microphone into the auxiliary jack? Can you say 1000 watt megaphone? Or plug in a guitar and use the Stang as a $25K amp?
Old 9/7/04, 11:22 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Deathdealer@September 7, 2004, 11:14 AM
Could you put a microphone into the auxiliary jack? Can you say 1000 watt megaphone? Or plug in a guitar and use the Stang as a $25K amp?
lmfao.

hmmmmm...

Old 9/7/04, 11:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Deathdealer@September 7, 2004, 11:14 AM
That's funny...I used to do this with my guitar and a friends stereo system in his dodge daytona. It was excelent for clean tones, but don't try distortion B)
Old 9/8/04, 12:48 AM

Seeing that AUX button does raise my hopes. I currently have an 80G mp3 player in my 99. Has all of my CD's and new music on it. I'd like to be able to transfer it to an 05+ stang when the time comes.
Old 9/8/04, 12:51 AM

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think Ford offers XM satellite, on last years Mustangs they had Sirius satellite radio. Is this the same as XM just a different brand or is it the same.
Old 9/8/04, 05:20 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Chevy/Gm offers Xm
Ford Offers Sirius

Sirius is $3 more a month. I don't know jack about their programming.

Xm has more diverse fun things- (Sky Fi, car to home no problem mon, Roady2 wireless FM modulator). Xm has traffic channels, and Nascar if you like such.
Old 9/8/04, 07:00 AM

XM also has better compression, although I've heard Sirius has been working on fixing theirs. Sirius had a problem loosing low and high frequencies during compression of the music. The other difference (don't know the real numbers) Sirius has like 10 subscribers and XM has around 3 million.

Don't forget about the XM Direct solution just released. It will work with just about any satellite ready head unit, including Sirius radios.
Old 9/8/04, 01:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by RedLine02@September 8, 2004, 1:54 AM
Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think Ford offers XM satellite, on last years Mustangs they had Sirius satellite radio. Is this the same as XM just a different brand or is it the same.
XM has a larger following. Its almost like a ford/chevy debate. It looks like Ford dumped the satelite system built in. There are no SAT buttons on the stereo. Personally, from what I have heard, and from the consensus of my trust auto buddies, XM is better then Sirius. I plan on having XM installed when I buy mine, its about $400 bucks for the entire setup with reciever and antenna.
Old 9/8/04, 01:53 PM

beint that my parents have XM in their car..and i have sirius in mine...I like sirius better after listening to both.. Sirius is $3 more a month but i think its worth it...thats only $36 more per year...it kinda depends on what u like to listen to..because they both have lots of channels but one might have more rock than the other..and vice versa...my prefrenc is Sirius.. XM radios installed wrong take too much power...in 2 friends cars(2001 isuzu rodeo and 2002 ford expedition) and my parents car..(2001 durango) when u role the back passenger window down it cuts out the radio(deactivates it)..and the XM radio has been known to go out if it has a power surge then u must call the customer service and reactivate it(takes about an hour and half) and ive never had this problem in my 97 honda passport.
www.xmradio.com and www.sirius.com just sign up for the 3 day trials and listen to them both..see what u like
Old 9/8/04, 03:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

I really don't care for the stereo that Ford will put in the mustang, just to be honest. When it comes time for me to get my new stang, probably one of the first things i'm gonna do is replace the stereo. I really don't need my car to come fully equipped with the shaker 500 because it still isn't going to be as good as aftermarket systems. In fact, I would like my car to have no stereo and have a stereo delete option when I buy it so it will be cheaper. As for XM, i really don't think I'm going to get it because I don't listen to the radio that much anyway.
Old 9/8/04, 03:59 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by bahace@September 8, 2004, 2:56 PM
beint that my parents have XM in their car..and i have sirius in mine...I like sirius better after listening to both.. Sirius is $3 more a month but i think its worth it...thats only $36 more per year...it kinda depends on what u like to listen to..because they both have lots of channels but one might have more rock than the other..and vice versa...my prefrenc is Sirius.. XM radios installed wrong take too much power...in 2 friends cars(2001 isuzu rodeo and 2002 ford expedition) and my parents car..(2001 durango) when u role the back passenger window down it cuts out the radio(deactivates it)..and the XM radio has been known to go out if it has a power surge then u must call the customer service and reactivate it(takes about an hour and half) and ive never had this problem in my 97 honda passport.
www.xmradio.com and www.sirius.com just sign up for the 3 day trials and listen to them both..see what u like
Allrighty.I will play the role of Chevy here.

I am one of the first hundred thousand XM customers, I have had it for over two years now and have not had the FIRST problem with it. I have one in each car as well as one in the house.
Fuzz outs are very rare- the only place mine does not work is in the garage with both doors closed. Reception is spectacular, never had a problem. If there is a music type you prefer, they have at least 3 channels to cover it. I adore it.
As far as losing power- thats what the auto shut off is for- so you don't stink your battery. Power surges? Never, Having to reset, never..
Old 9/8/04, 04:00 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Oh- and a basic car setup will run you about $270.....
That's for the modulator(for Sky Fi), Car kit and receiver.

You can get a roady for tape decks for $119......

Delphi XM Roadyâ„¢2
MSRP: $129.99

The Smallest Satellite Receiver Available
Experience the thrill of satellite radio with the Delphi XM Roadyâ„¢2 satellite radio receiver. This ultra-small unit is easily transportable, and works with all types of stereos with its built-in wireless FM modulator.

Plus, it features a convenient scroll wheel, 30 channel presets, and 10 direct entry buttons. The two-line display offers artist, track and channel information, and it has seven selectable background colors to get the look that suits your style.

Built-In Wireless FM Modulator - NEW!
Wirelessly transmits XM to any FM stereo
Choose from 12 FM frequencies

TuneSelectâ„¢
Roady2 will alert you when a favorite song starts playing on another channel.

Personalized Stock Ticker - NEW!
Scroll up to 20 stock symbols while listening to your favorite channel

Mini-Micro Antenna - NEW!
The smallest satellite radio antenna available

Seven Back-Lit Display Colors
Red, Night Blue, Green, Pink, Purple, Sky Blue, or Orange

Versatile Mounting Options - NEW!
Choose from vent mount, swivel mount or Velcro
Old 10/12/04, 09:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

I like Sirius better, if you go to sirius.com you only have to put in your e-mail and you can listen to a free 3 day trial right from the website. Its worth giving it a shot before buying XM. But thats just my preference. I think I listened to Hair Nation on Sirius for about 48 strait hours when I did the free trial. :headbang: