2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

worthless ETA

Search this Thread

Old 3/22/05, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by wjones14@March 21, 2005, 10:25 PM

mustangshadow, if your dealer has any Mustangs on the lot, go look at the window sticker. At the bottom of the sticker, it has a "Method of Transp." section, which should either say CONVOY or RAIL. I noticed in CT, that the Ford 500s were shipped by rail, but the Mustangs are all shipped by convoy.

BTW, see my sig. Mine was also shipped to convoy on Mar 4. I had a dealer ETA of Mar 14, but it didn't actually arrive til almost a week later. Hang in there...
me and my wife drove up there tonight to peek and all of my dealers cars said method of transport convoy
Old 3/22/05, 06:40 PM
CME
GT Member

Originally posted by mustangshadow@March 21, 2005, 9:28 PM
First off i have to aplogize ahead of time for the rant, but considering you guys have been my therapy up to this point i felt no reason to hold back. As you can see by my SIG that my ETA has now come and gone. I called the Ford Customer Service line only to hear sorry our computers are down etc etc. I told them how this week is marking my 5 MONTH mark on waiting and how i think its crazy how i can purchase something and have it shipped from Wisconsin to Florida and have it tracked the whole way yet you purchase a almost 30 thousand dollar car and no one can tell me anything like its a big secret. If its in quality hold just tell me if its the rail car thing just tell me , my dealer and Ford both agreed on the ETA date and its not like it was an exact date they spread it out 14th -21st. When i go to my dealer they laugh like i am a lil child and just want my toy and tell me patience patience. I think they could care less. My order has been sitting in the "shipped to convoy" since March 4th but yet they gave me an ETA. Would i recieve an ETA if i was on quality hold? What does it take to find out anything. If i wanted a 2006 i would had ordered a 2006. I am tired of being laughed at by my dealership and not taken seriously. And what i am most tired of is the NOT knowing of anything. Again I want to thank everyone here on this website for the pickme ups when i was down and Lord knows there have been alot of downs thus far with this order. I will NEVER special order a car again. I know everyone says you forget about the wait when you get your car. I sure hope so.........I am truely sorry for the rant

If it helps, I realize I have not waited as long as you have (from order date), but it looks like ours got built about the same time, had about the same ETA (March 12 was mine), and mine came in this afternoon. It worked out really well as I sold my truck yesterday and had to ride my bike today. I had called my dealer yesterday and told him I was needing wheels. He called back today after tracking it and said he gave someone and earful about it being overdue. What do you know it shows up this afternoon. So heres hoping yours shows up soon, and I'll have some pics tomorrow.
Old 3/31/05, 06:56 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Grantsdale@March 21, 2005, 10:53 PM
And I've said it a thousand times, I'll say it another thousand times. The car isn't yours, so you shouldn't have picture perfect tracking. Until you actually purchase it from the dealer, you don't need to have any info on its shipping status.
BULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the real world. People have to do things like sell their old cars and arrange financing. When you order something from a manufacturer and they build it specifically for you, that is a contract for purchase. That's why the vast majority of dealers require a deposit.
I bet the salesmen love to see you coming when you think that the customer has no rights and ought to be grateful to the factory and the dealer for allowing us to give them our money. :notnice:
Old 3/31/05, 07:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I think about getting my car all the time BUT I have learned over the last 58 years that you need to relax and enjoy life. Worring about these cars isn't worth a heart attack or a nervous breakdown.

Ford Motor Company is showing all of us that we are buying Ford's and their customer service and attitudes towards the buyer isn't making very many people happy. We won't forget the BS when it's time to buy another car!

Hang in there and the car will eventually arrive just like mine will!