2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Will '05 V6 owners get some respect from GT crowd?

Search this Thread

Old 12/4/04, 09:47 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That last post made me a "GT member." Dang.
Old 12/4/04, 10:20 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by bison@December 4, 2004, 10:48 PM
I don't think "will V6 owners will get the proper respect" is a very important issue to most V6 owners. Maybe to a few who really wanted a GT but couldn't afford one, but not to the rest of us. It might be better to ask "how many V6 owners care what anyone thinks anyway."

In my opinion the Mustang V6 is 2005 "car of the year," despite what MT says. RWD, V6 engine, manual transmission, 500 watt stereo, one of the best looking cars on the road, and some of the nicest wheels that I have ever seen all for US $20,000. It doesn't even have any viable competition, and probably won't for several years.

On the other hand, there's nothing wrong with the GT, but I'd rather spend that $4K on something else. I like the lower insurance and fuel costs too.

As far as Accords: I'm currently driving a '03 V6. It's a sleeper, but I have never "smoked" a V6 Mustang. I don't know why anyone would even think of racing a V6 Mustang anyway. But I admit that I do regress back into adolescence anytime I pull up next to a BMW.
Be careful with the BMW's with the M badging.
Old 12/4/04, 10:26 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by jimascenz+December 4, 2004, 4:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jimascenz @ December 4, 2004, 4:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dannygat@December 3, 2004, 1:56 PM
...If you are buying the V6 just for the look (there cant be anyother reason once you take all the performance out) then there is a word for that....Poser
JMO
Sorry to anyone i may have offended or upset.... it is not my intention, I am only stating my one minded (performance view) side of this argument
I'm not slamming you, eace: this is my opinion & take on the outlook:
I'm buying a V6 as offered by Ford, so I am not a "Poser". I would be a "Poser' if I took my V6 & stuck "GT" or "Cobra" emblems on it. Bragging rights on the street mean nothing! Take it to the track. It takes me 40 min. to get to work. It takes a GT 40 mins. the same same distance because of traffic volume, stop signs & traffic lights. This past month in the Philly area there are 2 dead Mustang drivers that thought they were "All That". They're dead. They're cars are totatled rapped around poles. I'll state this again infactically, You may beat ME in a straight line, but an oval or road course will be another story. If I could have afforded it, I most definately would have gotten' a GT, & would have been proud, rightly so of the extra power. But I certainly would not look down at V6 owners as posers. For what? Having good taste in styling? I'm new to the Mustang fold so I LOVE & ADMIRE all my brethren. Heck, I used to hate FOX bodies. but since ordering mine, & getting jazzed about the Heritage, I now love them too. I'll certainly be rooting for them at the drag races where they seem to be the prominate representative for all us Mustangs.. Love to all! [/b][/quote]
I don't want to think about what will happen with the 475 hp 07 SVT Cobra. (should have 5.4l or 5.0l N/A'd V-8 instead)
Old 12/4/04, 10:34 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by dannygat@December 3, 2004, 3:25 AM
as Carol Shelby said it "the mustang is a secratary's car", well the 300hp V8 is what seperates the secratary's car from the muscle car
the Shelby Daytona Coupe and the Shelby Cobras would make an SVT Cobra seem like a rice burner.
Old 12/4/04, 10:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by dannygat@December 3, 2004, 12:56 PM
heres the deal i have had 5 mustangs and I only care aboub performance when ii buy a car (welll 85% care). They are not the most reliable car on the planet, they are also not the best handling or fastest excellerating, but the GT is one of the best bangs for the buck (especially this year).
This is my problem with the V6, it is still a ford (not very reliable) but it is not a good bang for the buck at all. THe Neon SRT4 goes for around the same price and can drive circles around a V6 stang all day long. I just dont see any value in the 6, fords are not reliable enough in my experiance (5stangs) to buy unless you are soley doing it because it is the best bang for the performance buck
If you are buying the V6 just for the look (there cant be anyother reason once you take all the performance out) then there is a word for that....Poser
JMO
Sorry to anyone i may have offended or upset.... it is not my intention, I am only stating my one minded (performance view) side of this argument
So, let me get this straight! :scratch:

You have owned 5 Mustangs. AND, in YOUR experience; You say that Ford is not a very reliable car.
Why would you buy 5. You should have learned after 1 or 2. Says a lot for you, dose'nt it? O, I forgot, your mind is 1 sided.[performance]. So, tell us all on this forum, what the most reliable car is, so we can all go purchase one? Is it the Neon?

How can you see any value in a 6? Took you 5 mustangs to realize Ford was not a very reliable car! Why are you here? Do yourself a favour, look up the word performance. It means more than going fast. It might expand your mind, though I highly doubt it.

Maybe the next time you should concentrate on putting your brain in gear, before you let your fingers do the walking!

And, sorry, but with YOUR experience, if the 6 is not up to YOUR grade, to bad, go somewhere else and bash dude; at least you could have the courtesy to post what your driving, so we can all marvel at it ! :notnice:
Old 12/4/04, 10:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

dannygat ~ Yes a MODIFIED 05 GT. I was talking STOCK. And I never meant to state that you did own a 93 Cobra. I just picked the car with the highest HP. And sorry the 2 looked like a 3. Especially since it was 2am here & I was a little sleep deprived. Besides I was only 11 in 1993 & I could have care less about weither they had 100hp or 6000 hp. Besides that was the year I was in the 5th & 6th grade, my world practly revolved around basketball, my trampoline, & swimming. So take your 90 model Fox Body & 2005 GT's & keep them. I will take my 05 V6 & keep it & we will both be happy. And the world will once again be at peice.

BTW Boomer ~ Very well said. I couldn't agree more.