2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Will '05 V6 owners get some respect from GT crowd?

Search this Thread

Old 12/2/04, 11:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by mav@December 2, 2004, 12:02 PM
I think the whole question of "will '05 V6 owners get some respect from GT crowd?" is an attempt to justify your decision to purchase the V6.
As John already pointed out. Your thinking is WRONG! I don't need to justify anything. But since YOU seem to be looking for some sort of justification. Here it is. I am purchasing a V6 because

A: It's what I can afford. Being as how I am a 22 year old full time college student who works part-time at WALMART! It's all I can do to make payments on the V6. Not to mention insurance on a GT would bankrupt me.

B: I REALLY don't like the fog-lights on the GT. They are hediously big. I already have fog light to put on my V6. I do like the front bumper. But not the foglights.

C: I WANT a mustang. I have yet to find another vehicle out there that I can afford that I would drive. With the exception of the Nissian Xterra a camero, or a 99 Eclipse. But I want a NEW car & so therefore the mustang is the only option.

Besides. As I stated I am 22. I also tend to have a relatively heavy right foot. So what's a GT but 85 more HP to help me kill myself alittle faster. Thanks you, nut I can think of other things to spend my extra 5k on if I had it. Like mods to the car.

So, if YOU are looking for justification. Look somewhere else. I deal with it enough from my uncle. The one who wouldn't touch anything but a GT until he bought a 89 4cyl. Try justifying that one.
Old 12/3/04, 02:22 AM
V6 Member

as Carol Shelby said it "the mustang is a secratary's car", well the 300hp V8 is what seperates the secratary's car from the muscle car
Old 12/3/04, 02:26 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by kerafaith+December 3, 2004, 12:11 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kerafaith @ December 3, 2004, 12:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mav@December 2, 2004, 12:02 PM
I think the whole question of "will '05 V6 owners get some respect from GT crowd?" is an attempt to justify your decision to purchase the V6.
As John already pointed out. Your thinking is WRONG! I don't need to justify anything. But since YOU seem to be looking for some sort of justification. Here it is. I am purchasing a V6 because

A: It's what I can afford. Being as how I am a 22 year old full time college student who works part-time at WALMART! It's all I can do to make payments on the V6. Not to mention insurance on a GT would bankrupt me.

B: I REALLY don't like the fog-lights on the GT. They are hediously big. I already have fog light to put on my V6. I do like the front bumper. But not the foglights.

C: I WANT a mustang. I have yet to find another vehicle out there that I can afford that I would drive. With the exception of the Nissian Xterra a camero, or a 99 Eclipse. But I want a NEW car & so therefore the mustang is the only option.

Besides. As I stated I am 22. I also tend to have a relatively heavy right foot. So what's a GT but 85 more HP to help me kill myself alittle faster. Thanks you, nut I can think of other things to spend my extra 5k on if I had it. Like mods to the car.

So, if YOU are looking for justification. Look somewhere else. I deal with it enough from my uncle. The one who wouldn't touch anything but a GT until he bought a 89 4cyl. Try justifying that one. [/b][/quote]
spend your extra $5k on mods to your car?????
should'nt you just get a GT and not void your warrenty and get the extra power you would get from mods and have a better diff and better tranny and better suspention and better wheels.
Old 12/3/04, 02:42 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

And better interior.
Old 12/3/04, 02:44 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by mustangfun101@December 3, 2004, 3:45 AM
And better interior.
i knew i forgot one of the other things you would have to pay $8-10k to upgrade to later if you started with a V6
Old 12/3/04, 02:51 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by SixtySix@December 2, 2004, 12:55 AM
Those who diss it are just ignorant, and are completly unaware that without the V6 we wouldn't have a GT.
i agree based on sales figures but there is no V6 corvette and no V6-8 Viper and they live on.

My main problem with the V6 is i always here the guy with the accord talking about how he smoked a Mustang and all his friends are impressed and think less of the mustang, well he is probebly right the V6 accord is much faster then the V6 mustang, but a mustang should demand more respect and have the V8 as a base model so no more stock accords and camery's can talk trash about the Mustang
Old 12/3/04, 03:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

At the same time, I don't think they produce 180,000 Vipers or Corvettes in one year. Where someone may look at it as an opportunity for an easy kill, Ford has to consider the bottom line, and I would generally assume that the profit margin is greater on a V6 than a V8, since Ford sells more of them.

And heck, if all I could have was a V6, I'd be all over it!

And lastly, let those poor accord drivers have their kill...they don't get many.
Old 12/3/04, 03:12 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by steve19970@December 3, 2004, 4:06 AM
At the same time, I don't think they produce 180,000 Vipers or Corvettes in one year. Where someone may look at it as an opportunity for an easy kill, Ford has to consider the bottom line, and I would generally assume that the profit margin is greater on a V6 than a V8, since Ford sells more of them.

And heck, if all I could have was a V6, I'd be all over it!

And lastly, let those poor accord drivers have their kill...they don't get many.
the accord V6 guys get plenty of kills... 2/3 of the mustangs produced
Old 12/3/04, 06:10 AM
Bullitt Member

Why are you guys so worried about RESPECT from a car you are only making payments on anyway? It's not like you personally restored the car for years. Just drive what you like old, new, V8, and V6 Mustangs, and that is the end of it.

There is kid in our club who as an 80's fox body 4 cylinder. Not my favorite but who am I. He as added a turbo and all kinds of mods HIMSELF. I'll give that kid more respect then any new mustang owner or even someone who buys an old one already restored. At least he as the cajones to do the work on his car. He also doesn't go around demanding respect for it either, but he gets it any way because he is humble. He is just glad to have a Mustang.

Maybe your mommy didn't love you enough or something. That’s why you need respect for a brand new car.

As far as the Accords, who cares anyways? Apples and oranges here. The V6 mustang is not a racecar nor is it a well-optioned sedan. You’re talking about racing middle of the line 4 doors vs. the bottom rung (in its make) 2-door economy sports car. The base 6-cylinder mustang always has been and always will be built for one soul purpose to look sporty and be inexpensive.

In summary: Don't demand respect from owning a new vehicle. Drive what you want and be happy with what you drive. Don't come down on people for having a lesser car then you.
Old 12/3/04, 06:45 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by steve19970@December 3, 2004, 4:06 AM
At the same time, I don't think they produce 180,000 Vipers or Corvettes in one year...
They don't build 180,000 GT's a year either.

GM builds way more Vettes than Cobras if you are going to compare apples to apples.
Old 12/3/04, 06:46 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by dannygat+December 3, 2004, 3:29 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dannygat @ December 3, 2004, 3:29 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by kerafaith@December 3, 2004, 12:11 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-mav
@December 2, 2004, 12:02 PM

So, if YOU are looking for justification. Look somewhere else. I deal with it enough from my uncle. The one who wouldn't touch anything but a GT until he bought a 89 4cyl. Try justifying that one.
spend your extra $5k on mods to your car?????
should'nt you just get a GT and not void your warrenty and get the extra power you would get from mods and have a better diff and better tranny and better suspention and better wheels. [/b][/quote]
There are a lot of mods that won't void any part of your warranty, I think you missed the part in his post where he said he didn't want the extra power and couldn't afford the insurance on a GT.
Old 12/3/04, 07:27 AM
mav
GT Member

Old 12/3/04, 07:29 AM

I respect people, not cars.
Well that was what the original question was.

Will '05 V6 owners get some respect from GT crowd?
Old 12/3/04, 07:57 AM
mav
GT Member

Old 12/3/04, 08:07 AM

I just reread the question and the choices and there is some confusion with it. The question asks if the owners will get your respect and your answer choices are whether you respect the car or not.
Old 12/3/04, 08:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by holderca1@December 3, 2004, 9:10 AM
I just reread the question and the choices and there is some confusion with it. The question asks if the owners will get your respect and your answer choices are whether you respect the car or not.
Right! And that is why I clarified in my post that I will respect the owner's, but not necessarily the car.
Old 12/3/04, 08:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Just as long as they don't have double-stacked wings, euro chrome cleared taillights and a million stickers
Old 12/3/04, 09:12 AM
V6 Member

While I would never consider buying a Mustang w/ a V6... that's just me.

To the people who look down at the V6 Mustang... :notnice:

Those kind of people are the type that have to have the GT so they can get noticed. They have to be the first one on the block to have one. You know... the 'look at me' type.

Both totally differrent cars, but both still very cool.

V6 owners, hold your heads high... it's not about image, it's about enjoyment. :drive:
Old 12/3/04, 09:13 AM
V6 Member

The V6 is a sharp car.
There is no reason to seek respect from someone that owns a different car, if they do they do, if they dont who cares. Makes no more sence than you buying a ranch type house and seeking acceptance from the neighbor in the two story. Who cares. He bought his for his reasons, you bought yours for yours.

I can tell you this, 95% of the people out there are going to think you have a sharp looking, new car. They wont even notice the GT emblem or know the difference. If you need performance but yet want a mustang on a budget buy a 99 cobra for less than the V6 and mod it. Its about your priorities and your economic situation. You cant please everyone so dont bother trying.

I know thats not a direct answer to your question, but your question is sort of unanswerable. A better one would be will V6 owners respect themselves when following a GT down the road? I think most would.
Old 12/3/04, 09:18 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by kerafaith+December 3, 2004, 12:11 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kerafaith @ December 3, 2004, 12:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mav@December 2, 2004, 12:02 PM

So, if YOU are looking for justification. Look somewhere else. I deal with it enough from my uncle. The one who wouldn't touch anything but a GT until he bought a 89 4cyl. Try justifying that one. [/b][/quote]
Sounds like someone is trying to make themselves feel better about not buying a GT. I've always wanted to have the biggest engine possible because I knew if I didn't get it I'd always be wishing I did. If you can't get the car the way it should be then get another car that you can do that with.

Quick Reply: Will '05 V6 owners get some respect from GT crowd?