2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

What is this world coming to? After 7 months of fun

Search this Thread

Old 3/9/06, 09:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sadly, I now join the ranks of the many who have gone before whose new 05s have been involved in accidents. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/crying.gif[/img] I know some didn't make it anywhere near 7 months before misfortune found them. I know these things happen, but, to me, the car still felt brand new. It didn't have a scratch or a ding on it.

Not a blemish, that is, until some idiot in a silver mini-van going in the opposite direction, who says he didn't see me, tried to make a left turn and cut right across my path. (Sorry venting. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smilies23.gif[/img] )

Besides, the several thousand dollar repair estimate I just got from the insurance co, and the fact that I know my rates will jump sky high, the worst part is all the "after the fact advise I've gotten."

I was always taught, and I know I've even seen this in driving manuals, to try and avoid an accident. When this guy cut in front of my, I managed to swerve and avoid a direct collision, so don't worry, he and his family that were in the car are all fine.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get back on the road, and I was sidelined by a broken down rock wall on the side of the road that did all of the damage.

So why am I fuming [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] ? Some of you have probably figured it out by now. Everyone from the cop on the scene on down has said it would have been cleaner if I had just hit the guy, so fault could be clearly determined. Having no injuries is great, but, apparently, having someone to blame would have been better.

Great world we live in, huh?

Anyway, I'm dond venting. Sorry, I just needed to get that off my chest.
Old 3/9/06, 09:40 AM
Team Mustang Source

Wow that sucks trying to do the right thing and you still get screwed. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully something will workout for you in the end.
Old 3/9/06, 09:41 AM
Cobra Member

It happens even in Hawaii. So sorry to hear about that. She'll be as good as know soon.
Old 3/9/06, 10:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Sorry for your loss.

I was just out in Hawaii in October. My aunt lives on the North Shore and was getting married. Very beautiful but while down in Honalulu, your roads suck, traffic sucks, and people drive like poo. And this is coming from an city of Atlanta commuter.

When you get your car fixed, get a picture of Dog, the Bounty Hunter and put that up in the forums, that would be hillarious
Old 3/9/06, 11:31 AM
FR500 Member

Sorry about your wreck. I say get yourself a good lawyer and make the other driver liable. That way your insurance won't go up either.

Speaking of Hawaii and Dog the bounty hunter... I was in Hawaii in January and actually saw Dog and Beth both driving their Expeditions in Oahu. There were camera guys in the front seats of both cars and Dog and Beth were talking to each other on their walkie-talkies. They were obviously on a hunt. We followed them for as long as we could, but they were driving crazy and ended up running a red light. We did get a picture of Dog though. And on the subject of wrecks... people cannot drive in Oahu. I saw a few wrecks the week I was there, and was almost involved in one as well.
Old 3/9/06, 12:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks, all, for the: well wishes, suggestions, comments on local drivers (believe me, I know, I'm from NY originally), and Dog references.

My insurance agent is going to try and talk to the other driver, and the witness before the week is out, so we'll see.

I've been back here a year, and I haven't see Dog myself yet even though I go by his office once or twice a month and have several firends at HPD.

As to the local driving style, there's a non-PC song lyric that kind of sums it up. This was written some years ago. It's called "Hotel Honolulu" and, of course, is sung to the tune of "Hotel California":

(If anyone finds this offensive, don't read it)

"Up ahead in the distance I saw a typical sight
A hundred year old japanese man signal left and turning right"
Old 3/9/06, 01:46 PM
Cobra R Member

Your insurance SHOULD NOT go up if you're not at fault..
Old 3/10/06, 09:48 AM
Bullitt Member

That's common sense, Rob. That's what scares me!

We'll I've provided all the data/physical evidence possible, but it comes down to the Adjustor interviewing the other guy - yeah he's going to be honest and reliable - and the witness to decide fault.

That's the same fundamental flaw as our whole legal system. Eye witness testimony is generally the most unreliable, but it tends to be the most crucial in many cases and often swings the verdict.

Hopefully, I'll have an update by next week.
Old 3/10/06, 11:08 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aponyfan @ March 9, 2006, 2:06 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>:

(If anyone finds this offensive, don't read it)

"Up ahead in the distance I saw a typical sight
A hundred year old japanese man signal left and turning right"
[/b][/quote]
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]
Sorry for your loss [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/crying.gif[/img] I have a hard time giving up my stang for anything, I hope the repair goes smothly and it all turns out in your favor. Best of luck, and keep us up to date