2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

What do I need to do to order a GT/CS??

Search this Thread

Old 8/11/06, 08:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What do I need to do to order a GT/CS??

Newbie Here,

I'm thinking I want to order a Mustang GT/CS so I can get the exact options and color I'm looking for. So a few questions for you all on this.

1. What do I have to do to order one?
2. Do you need a deposit?
3. Do they have to run my credit right away? The reason I ask is because I'm right in the middle of closing on a house and I don't want my credit run so it won't bring my credit score down. I should be in my new house by the begining of September, I just don't want to wait that long!
4. How long does it take to get the car in (rough guestimates)

5. How much are you buying these cars on the X-Plan?? I know it varies with options and all.
Old 8/11/06, 09:27 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goto www.fordvehicle.com and build your own Stang. Look at the invoice price and figure about $25-50 bucks below invoice is x plan. You will need a $500 deposit to order your Stang. And I have never seen a dealership run your credit for just placing the order. It is usually all taken care of when your car comes in.
Old 8/11/06, 09:36 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Gee I could give some smart A** answers, but I won't..lol
1. go to a dealer, but learn about the car more, the dealers don't seam to know much about the CS, Look at the GT/CS series of threads, lots of info there, also check out KBB.com it will tell MSRP and invoice, gives you an idea of other options etc.
2.Most likely, Doubt they will order it untill they have something in hand.
3. They did mine, this follows along the same lines as the deposit, they want some sort of guarantee that you will buy the car and not stick them with it. check with a dealer and explain your situation with the house, they may get everything in order and hold the order untill you are closed on the house, then make it a go. You're only talking about 3-4 weeks. Also check with your financier and see if they will be checking your credit any more between now and closing. Just a few options.
4. How long does it take, thats the $10,000 question. Mine is due in any day now, waiting for it to be delivered to the dealer on a truck, the rail car is unloaded and waiting for shipping. I ordered mine on July 7th. there are other people who ordered before me and are still waiting, again check out the GT/CS threads. As a rough guess, 6 to 8 weeks, if nothing goes wrong, poss 10 weeks or more if there are problems... sorry not much of an answer.
5. did not do X plan, but live in a rural area, and did'nt feel like driving 20 to 40 miles to find a dealer that would do an X plan.
There is a lot of information on these sites, keep exploring you will find more and more usefull info as you go along.
Good luck and welcome to the boards.
Old 8/11/06, 10:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

The local dealer has a black GT/CS with all the options I want except it's an automatic. Another dealer has the same car in Manual Tranny but doesn't have the GT package. That's why I figured I would order one knowing it wouldn't be here until way after I get in to my new house and stuff. One dealer was all after me to get the GT/CS from him until he found out I had a PIN number for the X-Plan. Now he won't return my phone calls.. . Luckily for me there are about 6 Ford dealerships within a 30 mile radius.
Old 8/12/06, 05:56 AM
Bullitt Member

AS far as the credit check goes, I am paying cash for mine and they still ran my credit right after they placed the order. I have no idea why. IN fact I did not even give them any information and I was online checking my credit for another reason and noticed they had done it. I guess they used my information from the last car I bought from them.
Old 8/12/06, 09:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by sts767
AS far as the credit check goes, I am paying cash for mine and they still ran my credit right after they placed the order. I have no idea why. IN fact I did not even give them any information and I was online checking my credit for another reason and noticed they had done it. I guess they used my information from the last car I bought from them.
Dang it..that's exactly what I don't want to happen. I would hate to not get the best financing on my house because some jerk ran my credit. I just might have to wait.
Old 8/12/06, 11:51 AM
Cobra Member

Where in Texas are you? If you're in DFW, I highly recommend Donny at Randall Noe Ford in Terrell. He got me my 07 for 100 bucks under invoice, no x-plan and no negotiating. He got a high priority on it and it arrived in just under 8 weeks with a 2 week plant shutdown right in the middle of that. I didn't have to leave a deposit either.
Old 8/12/06, 12:40 PM
GT Member

It's illegal for anyone to check your credit without your permission. Unless it's a highly disreputable dealer they shouldn't be concerned with your credit rating unless you are asking them to finance the vehicle for you.

As far as that goes you ought to finance through someone other than the car dealer. A credit union perhaps. My credit union is currently offering 1% lower than Ford Motor Credit.

I put $1000 down when I ordered it. I also recommend you do this with a credit card so if the dealership crawfishes on you, you can contest the charge with the credit card company.

I ordered my Gt on July 1st and it was released by the factory last Tuesday, August 8th (so says ERL). ETA to dealer is August 15th. That's 6 weeks 4 days if it gets there on Tuesday.

I ordered it for $100 over invoice and the salesman called me on Thursday and said the dealership is giving me the $500 dealer cash that Ford is providing on all new GTs. So I guess that's $400 below invoice because they could've just pocketed the cash if they had been so inclined. I can't complain about my salesman, Don Schmidt, or Dealership - OC Welch Ford in Beaufort SC. They have about 6 or 8 dealerships and had 60 or so Mustangs on the lot when I ordered mine. I highly recommend them.
Old 8/12/06, 01:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Tres Wright
Where in Texas are you? If you're in DFW, I highly recommend Donny at Randall Noe Ford in Terrell. He got me my 07 for 100 bucks under invoice, no x-plan and no negotiating. He got a high priority on it and it arrived in just under 8 weeks with a 2 week plant shutdown right in the middle of that. I didn't have to leave a deposit either.
I wish I was in Texas! I just retired from the Marine Corps after 22 years. I'm originally from Texas but now I reside in California. DvlDog is short for "Devil Dog" which is a nickname for Marines. So..I'm a Marine from Texas..
Old 8/12/06, 07:07 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Gisarm

My credit union is currently offering 1% lower than Ford Motor Credit.
Right now Ford is offering 4.9% for 48 months and 5.9% for 60 on 2007 Mustangs. 0% for 36 months, 2.9% for 60 months on 2006 Mustangs. If you can beat that by 1% then jump on it!

Originally Posted by TexasDvlDog
I wish I was in Texas! I just retired from the Marine Corps after 22 years. I'm originally from Texas but now I reside in California. DvlDog is short for "Devil Dog" which is a nickname for Marines. So..I'm a Marine from Texas..
I figured you were a Marine in Texas from reading your nick You're always welcome back here if you get tired of tofu and suntans
Old 8/12/06, 08:25 PM
GT Member

Tres I already have the loan for 4.5%.
Old 8/12/06, 09:47 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Gisarm
Tres I already have the loan for 4.5%.
LOL! I didn't mean "you" as in YOU, I meant the collective "you" as in anyone out there that may be looking for a car loan