2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Vert Order Q

Search this Thread

Old 12/31/04, 02:01 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I drove to 2 dealerships today in hopes of negotiating & finally putting in my order for a convertible. Both dealerships said that an order could not be placed & that it would be a while before it could. Unfortunately I live in the sticks so I can't hit 10 different dealerships in a 20 mile radius like many of you can.

Has anyone already ordered one? If so how?

Karpro (or other helpful dealership members) is there a way that I can explain to these dealerships how to put in an order?

I have already given up trying to order before the prices come out because that will really confuse these clueless dealers. I just want to get my order in & get in line before Ford does its big American Crap-ol reveal & a ton of people try to order them.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Old 12/31/04, 03:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Mike, its Jeff. I work at a Dealership in Lansdale Pa, and the dealers you have been to have been yanking your chain. They are flat out lying to you, as I ordered a vert GT Premium for a customer on September 7th in the evening, and got the Dora 2 day later. The order banks opened the day the vert ordering guide came out on September 1st. The car is currently sitting in the order bank with MAT/HOLD, meaning they cannot build it, as there is no convertible yet. To give you ammo when you go back to the dealer, I have the body and order codes for you. The V6 vert has a body code of T84, and the order codes are 150A for a deluxe, and 160A for a premium. The GT vert body code is a T85, with the order codes being 170A for the deluxe and 180A for the premium. All the options are the same with the exception being a soft convertible boot cover. The code for this option is 59B.

There are no prices yet, but you can order them, and the system will accept them. The one I have on order actually has a price by mistake, as it was ordered before the coupes were prices. When the prices for the coupes came out, Ford accidentally priced the verts. Since the order I sold was already in, they priced it, and we have a priced DORA. If you want a good idea for price, the base price before destination and options was $30,145. His is loaded with all except the ICAP, and has an auto. List is a little over $33,000.

Go back to the dealer, have these codes with you, and tell him to do a CONCEPT of a convertible. The info will come out, just without prices. If you run into a salesman or manager who won't believe you, or just doesn't want to help you, send me a PM, or call me at the number below on Monday, and I can do a CONCEPT and fax it to you. This way, you can go into the dealer with the print out, and make them feel real small.

I sell cars, but am a "car guy" first. I also really enjoy helping people. I take pride in my product knowledge, and I really loath salespeople who do not take the time or make an effort to even learn about what they sell. If you need my help, feel free to contact me. I'm here to help. Good luck, and hope you get your order placed.

Jeff Greenly
Yocum Ford
Lansdale, Pa.
215-855-1153
Old 12/31/04, 03:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Very nice Jeff.....Need more people like you bro.....take care!
Old 12/31/04, 03:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks for the kind words John. I just love these cars, and hate seeing people who want to spend their hard earned money for one, get treated badly. We'll get this situation worked out. We are all here to help each other out in some way. Have a great new year.
Old 12/31/04, 04:20 PM
V6 Member

Jeff,

Thanks so much for your help. If you could do a concept for me, I would really appreciate. Believe me, if you were in a few hours drive from me, I would come & order from you but I live in MN.

I am ordering a GT Vert Premium. Yellow w/ IUP(18G), Side airbags, Mach 1000, and active antitheft. Basically everything except the Auto & upgraded wheels. (Sidenote, can you put a remote start on a manual?)

Everyone else reading this post feel free to still post your experiences, the more I read the more ammo I have. Thanks again Jeff.
Old 1/1/05, 03:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

ordered mine on 11/6 a vert also w/IUP and ICAP. I also had a great deal of difficulty to find a dealer that would place the order. There is no pricing yet but follow Jeff's advice I spoke with him at great length a couple weeks ago over the phone. I would have loved to cancel my order and gone to his dealership (he's about 2 hours away from me) and placed an order with him but I didn't want to lose my place in line.

Now if only he could wave a magic wand and fix the IUP issue.
Old 1/1/05, 11:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Like Jeff said, it is no different than ordering a coupe. They just need to enter the proper body, package and option codes. I've taken orders on 4 so far. Just make sure you get an agreement in writing on the price up front. Whether your paying a price based on an MSRP or invoice number, have the agreement made now.
Old 1/3/05, 07:03 AM
Team Mustang Source

Hi Mike, I printed up a CONCEPT for you. If you can PM me a fax number today, I can fax it over to you so you can take it to the dealer. There is still no prices yet, and on the order screen, it still mentions that 18G is unavailable, so if you want the IUP, you may have to wait for a while. I will be happy to fax you both the order page with the stipulations on an order, and the page with all the options listed, like a DORA, but without a price. I'll be here at work today till 5 pm or so. You can also call me with a fax number, so I can get this off to you quickly. Hope you find a dealer that will help you.

Jeff Greenly
Yocum Ford
215-855-1153
Old 1/3/05, 09:12 AM
V6 Member

Undying gratitude to Jeff @ Yocum Ford for doing the legwork that my local dealers are to lazy to do. Thanks a ton Jeff! I'll keep you posted as to how the ordering goes.

Anyone who might be reading these boards, Jeff, Karpro, and a few other salesmen (& women) are great resources & I highly encourage that you visit them uf you are within a couple hours drive. How nice would it be to have a friendly, honest salesman who actually knows more about the car than you do and is willing to help you get exactly what you want.
Old 1/3/05, 10:03 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by mipo777@January 3, 2005, 10:15 AM
Undying gratitude to Jeff @ Yocum Ford for doing the legwork that my local dealers are to lazy to do. Thanks a ton Jeff! I'll keep you posted as to how the ordering goes.

Anyone who might be reading these boards, Jeff, Karpro, and a few other salesmen (& women) are great resources & I highly encourage that you visit them uf you are within a couple hours drive. How nice would it be to have a friendly, honest salesman who actually knows more about the car than you do and is willing to help you get exactly what you want.
I totally agree. We're very fortunate to have some sales people here on the site who truly help us out. You guys are very much appreciated!
Old 1/3/05, 04:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

A little info. I don't think verts come with side air bags.
and no, remote starters can't be used on manual trannys.
( unless you bypass clutch switch but that would be unsafe.)