2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Urgent IUP Update

Search this Thread

Old 2/2/05, 11:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by KansasCityTim+February 2, 2005, 12:48 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KansasCityTim @ February 2, 2005, 12:48 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-celticstanger@February 2, 2005, 11:42 AM
If Ford infringed a patent, they're the ones responsible for any issues which arise from this lawsuit.
All I have to say is: Well said.
[/b][/quote]

Ford DID NOT do anything EXCEPT purchase the My Color feature from DELPHI.

The lawsuit, if there is any, doesn't make sense. The guy is going to sue Ford because he supposedly came up w/ the "idea" of different color guages X amount of years ago. Now, Delphi, who makes several different types of electronic equipment, is offering Ford a similar WORKING product and Ford said yes. Where is there a valid lawsuit?
Old 2/2/05, 12:00 PM
Bullitt Member

First I do not know much about the case and it very well be without merit.

However,

If someone does violate your patent, you better sue EVERYONE even remotely involved and then sort out and dismiss suits at a later time. This is a standard that all layweres would follow. Usually, you ask the people you dismiss from the lawsuit to be a witness for your case.

Often a single over heard word or sentance can make the difference between defending or losing you patent case. For example: I was involven in a case where someone over heard a big guy bragging about how they stold the idea. That statment made the big corp offer a nice settlment that they otherwise would not have done.

If Ford is knowling using a part that they believe may be part of a patent violation then they are certianly liable....

Again, I do not know who is right or wrong here, but I do know that large corps steal patents all of the time.... Just read a book about Mr. Goodyear...
Old 2/2/05, 12:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Slavehand - I think my comment you quoted answers your question.
Old 2/2/05, 12:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

If you say so.
Old 2/2/05, 12:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

As I understood it Mr. Weyer had shown the Ford executives his system for lighting color guages in the array of different colors. Ford eventually said no thank you and dismissied the design. Eventually Delphi came around and mroe or less gave Ford the same idea and Ford bit on it this time around.

So aside from Ford being involved with a piece of equipment that might be infringing on copright they turned down Mr. Weyer who originally had the idea.

But hey rumors are flying like crazy on this one . I'll stick with whatever Brad puts up in this department.
Old 2/2/05, 12:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by slavehand@February 2, 2005, 1:12 PM
If you say so.
"IF Ford infringed a patent"

I said "IF" they infringed a patent.

Now if, as you state, Ford did absolutely nothing wrong, then there's nothing to answer.

I'm not a lawyer and so can not comment so forcefully as you as to whether Ford have a case to answer or not. Is it illegal to copy anothers patented idea, but legal to sell said copy? I don't know.

If you can state categorically that Ford has no case to answer, I suggest you let their corporate lawyers know this, along with all other parties involved in the suit.

All I was pointing out is that everyone was lambasting Mr Weyer, when it may be that his legal case is legitimate.
Old 2/5/05, 07:58 PM
GT Member

ok, now I'm confused - so, are IUP cars being built now or are they held up again?
Old 2/5/05, 08:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They are in fact being built.
Old 2/5/05, 08:03 PM
Bullitt Member

yep, mine got serialized on thursday, so i should have a build date this coming week. they are getting built. Karpro's commodoties report showed IUP at 100%
Old 2/5/05, 08:46 PM
GT Member

awesome - thanks, guys!
oops, forgive me - guy and gal
Old 2/5/05, 08:47 PM
FR500 Member

this is some good news and im feeling more optimistic!! and relaxing a bit but still biting lip
Old 2/7/05, 07:36 PM

I have GOOD news! I finally have a build date for my car. I have been worried for a while now, but now I have a reason to feel positive about it. My Mustang GT....with IUP, will be built on Feb. 14th and could arrive before the end of the month. Now i just need to figure out how I am going to sell my Mustang GT I have now. I just thought I should post this so others out there know they are definitely being built. PS...anyone want to buy a 2000 Mustang GT (just kidding).
Old 2/7/05, 07:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Congrats on the build date and good luck with the sale the 05 you ordered isn't RED is it ? Feb 14 my date just today was Feb 21-Feb28 Humm how many places do they build them and please don't start mine on a Monday as its their first hung over day back on the job he,he they say Wed is a Better day as then they are to be at top form.
Old 2/7/05, 07:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

I have a question which maybe someone with a legal background in patent issue might address concerning a potentil injunction.
It would appear to me that a judge may find merit in the case but why would an injunction be necessary. The number of Stangs built with the My Color feature will be as documented as anything. The judge could rule for a monthy documented report from Ford regarding the number built. Why do Ford and its customers this type of damage. If Weyer wins the case, then the x number of units built will be worth something. I realize trying to get an immediate injunction puts pressure on Ford from Weyer's viewpoint to come to some sort of agreement. If there is a court case and Ford wins, it would appear to me that they would have some sort of finanial recourse for income loss. Of course, not having a legal background, I am probably missing something.
Old 2/7/05, 07:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

They don't schedule build dates. They schedule build weeks. The weeks are always posted as of the Monday of that week. That means that your car is scheduled to be built during the week of the 14th. Maybe Moday or Thursday. Who knows.
Old 2/7/05, 07:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hi Ed or Ranger wierd both our names are Ed and I happen to work for a Ranger ? So next or the week after you'll get your new wheels Cool , I do some work for my Doctor (diving) and I was thinking of getting him to give me a sedative for the first day so as I can just sit and look in Awe then giver!
Old 2/7/05, 08:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by 6505pony@February 7, 2005, 8:56 PM
They don't schedule build dates. They schedule build weeks. The weeks are always posted as of the Monday of that week. That means that your car is scheduled to be built during the week of the 14th. Maybe Moday or Thursday. Who knows.
Hi I was wodering if I could borrow your cat as I have a neighbour that when he go's over to the mall he does not respect property as when I took my son to open his first account today there he was parked right beside a Bran New 2005 Black Gt and if it was'nt the lady doing our paper work , so I had my diggy cam and caught it then took my lap top in and asked for her e-mail ? sent her the picture and Wow the look on her face ! I hope that that never happen to the rest of us , but Mr. Murphy's Law will fix it so it does . :angry:
Old 2/7/05, 08:11 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Ranger@February 7, 2005, 8:48 PM
I have a question which maybe someone with a legal background in patent issue might address concerning a potentil injunction.
It would appear to me that a judge may find merit in the case but why would an injunction be necessary. The number of Stangs built with the My Color feature will be as documented as anything. The judge could rule for a monthy documented report from Ford regarding the number built. Why do Ford and its customers this type of damage. If Weyer wins the case, then the x number of units built will be worth something. I realize trying to get an immediate injunction puts pressure on Ford from Weyer's viewpoint to come to some sort of agreement. If there is a court case and Ford wins, it would appear to me that they would have some sort of finanial recourse for income loss. Of course, not having a legal background, I am probably missing something.
Because a patent is property, basically like a house. If Ford is found to have inappropriately used this property, it is the property holder's right to exclude Ford from using it. No different than if someone moved into your house while you were gone. With your line of reasoning, the court could just let them keep it, and pay you the value of it, but one of the most important property rights is the right to exclude, from possession or use. If this is his property, it is his prerogative to keep Ford from using it if he so chooses.
Old 2/7/05, 08:22 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Someone just let this thread die......
Old 2/7/05, 08:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Just Hopefully a nice picture to ease the tension of all us anxious waiters.

Quick Reply: Urgent IUP Update