Urgent IUP Update

Search this Thread

Old 1/30/05, 12:39 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Shea@January 30, 2005, 1:11 PM
The interior upgrade package (18G) will not be available until
further notice on V6 coupes and is still EXTREMELY LIMITED on
the Mustang GT. Mustang GT allocation is extremely limited as well.
Not that I don't believe you, but I thought that the commodity reports gave specific percentages of what was being built. Sounds kinda fishy and vague to just say "extremely limited."
It is back on all V6s. because my dealership has two of them
Old 1/30/05, 01:00 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just returned from the dealership. I played dumb and acted like I hadn't come in to verify my options and asked if I could just check my file to be sure everything was OK. When the salesperson returned with my file he had a DORA and we went through it step-by-step.

After we finish I sheepishly ask if I *might* be able to keep the DORA for reference. Without hesitating he says "Sure, no problem."

I get home and call "the number that shall not be named" and my car is locked in and scheduled for production for this week (January 31). I ordered on 12/20 and had a priority of 45. It's a small dealership in a small town. They sell trucks, not cars...

Last I heard, 10 days ago, the dealer told me it would be built in late February and I could expect a mid-March delivery. I don't think there's anything special about my order that would have sped it up, so it seems like very encouraging news for all those who are waiting.
Old 1/30/05, 05:53 PM

To all that read my post. I posted this information as it was presented to
me by our sales manager. I have know this person for 20 years and I trust
him. I still have the printed paper in front of me as I post this and it says exactly
what I previously posted. We are located in central Wisconsin. I don't know much
about the sales end of the business, but I do know how to read. By the way,our
V6 has the IUP but it was produced before all of this IUP debate started. As soon
as I see more info I will post.
Old 1/31/05, 12:07 PM

Originally posted by drop top pony@January 26, 2005, 5:19 PM
Ordered my GT on 11/30 with IUP. Was notified at that time that the order would be delayed because of this option. I have changed my order for the convertible on 01/20/05. I couldn't have done this without the delay. My original order was picked up by Ford on 01/13/05 but the dealer allowed me to change my order. Things must be moving again for the original order to be picked up.
I was just notified that my GT would be built on February 15th, I ordered it November 18, 2004. I was contacted in January that there was a problem, they didn't have a reasonable explanation so I checked your site and thanks for the information. When they notified me I told them I may as well have a convertible and to change my order. The salesman seemed to think that would be imposible but I think I am going to push a little harder now that I have heard someone else had done the same thing. The Dealership doesn't seem to be very apologetic about the wait.
Old 1/31/05, 03:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Capitial Ford, Raleigh, NC, has a mix of V6s on the lot: some with no IUP/IUP lite, some with total IUP/some with IUP lite. Several to pick from. All the GTs had complete IUP (remember air bags are not part of the IUP package).
Old 1/31/05, 05:07 PM

just recieved my issue of Mustang Enthusiast and in one of the pages it stated the mycolor problem. "will mycolor lawsuit halt 2005 mustang production"
says that Mr. Weyer is preparing a preliminary injunction which if granted would IMMEDIATELY bar ford from offering for sale ,selling, manufacturing or delivering any stangs with this option . Of course these magazine start printing weeks back.
Old 1/31/05, 07:54 PM

Long Saga story, but I ordered my first 05GT Sonic Blue with IUP in June of 2004. Build date of September 13, 2004. Ship date was October 16, 2004. Car was then sent back to Ford for "testing" (1st excuse) and then 4 weeks later and no car the (2nd excuse) "re-work" and since no one at Ford or the Dealer could tell me why (plus the dealer was a "JERK") I opted to cancel my order and re-order from a new dealer.

New Order was placed November 20, 2004 and still no word on a build date or such. Should kept the "RE-WORKED" car.

ANY WORD about Southern dealers getting their orders??? Ordered in Georgia
Old 1/31/05, 08:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

You sir, are a true and loyal Mustang fan! Good luck, you deserve some. Hope you get your car soon.
Old 1/31/05, 09:07 PM
GT Member

Sonya, yours should jump to the front of the line! I too, have ordered in Georgia (but on 1/12)... currently "clean and unscheduled" and "has not been serialized"

Hope ya get yours soon!
Old 2/1/05, 10:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Well. While I don't have my car yet. It is supossed to be delivered this week. I can confirm that it will have IUP. It was built the week of 1/3. I know it will have IUP because of the price I was quoted from the GM.

BTW Sonya. Good luck, hopefully this car will work out for you.

Cheers all.
~*~Kera~*~
Old 2/1/05, 11:54 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by htwag@January 31, 2005, 4:27 PM
Capitial Ford, Raleigh, NC....
Hey htwag, did you get yours through Capital in Raleigh? If so, how was your experience? I'm going through them, too.

We're gonna be twins. I ordered the GT in Windveil Blue with IUP on December 3rd. The delivery date went from the first couple weeks in February to "March or April and you can't get the IUP." I feel I'm getting the run-around but only because Ford won't tell my dealer anything.
Old 2/1/05, 02:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Oops! Sonya, sorry about the "sir" in my last post. I was so shocked by your post that I didn't catch the name. Don't think I have heard of anyone here who has put up with so much and still hung in for the car. I am impressed by you "stick-to-it-tive-ness". You're a fighter!
Old 2/1/05, 06:26 PM

Hi,
Just thought I would check in. I'm the guy who has filed the complaint against Ford. The lawsuit is in its early stages, so I would be surprised if the delay in the IUP was related to the suit. The latest status on the preliminary injunction motion is that I had misread the local court rules regarding how soon a preliminary injunction motion could be filed. For ordinary motions, a party first has to "meet and confer" with the other party, and then the motion cannot be filed until 20 days after that "meet and confer." I had read the local rule as not applying to a motion for preliminary injunction, and had filed the preliminary injunction motion without doing the meet and confer. The court informed me of the requirement a few days after I had filed the motion.
To comply with the local rule, I met and conferred with Ford's attorneys last week. Accordingly, I will be able to refile the motion in a little less than three weeks.
Regards,
Frank
Old 2/1/05, 06:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by fweyer@February 1, 2005, 8:29 PM
Hi,
Just thought I would check in. I'm the guy who has filed the complaint against Ford. The lawsuit is in its early stages, so I would be surprised if the delay in the IUP was related to the suit. The latest status on the preliminary injunction motion is that I had misread the local court rules regarding how soon a preliminary injunction motion could be filed. For ordinary motions, a party first has to "meet and confer" with the other party, and then the motion cannot be filed until 20 days after that "meet and confer." I had read the local rule as not applying to a motion for preliminary injunction, and had filed the preliminary injunction motion without doing the meet and confer. The court informed me of the requirement a few days after I had filed the motion.
To comply with the local rule, I met and conferred with Ford's attorneys last week. Accordingly, I will be able to refile the motion in a little less than three weeks.
Regards,
Frank

You are thee Frank Weyer? If so, I have hand it to you coming on this forum.
Secondly. Why don't you settle out of court instead of seeking an injuction?
Are the news stories factual that Ford stcuk up their nose at you.?
Anyway, welcome to the best Mustang site on earth.
Old 2/1/05, 07:01 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by fweyer@February 1, 2005, 7:29 PM
Hi,
Regards,
Frank
Call me a doubting Thomas, but how do we know this isn't somebody playing a prank and posing as "Frank Weyer"?
Old 2/1/05, 07:02 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hope he doesn't expect a warm reception
Old 2/1/05, 07:12 PM
FR500 Member

LOL!! is this guy serious he must have a ton of time on his hands.

Edited
Old 2/1/05, 07:19 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Edited:
Uncalled for.

Personal attacks are a no no, regardless if you feel justified.
Old 2/1/05, 07:28 PM
Banned

Brad, run an IP check and make sure he doesn't share an IP with another member. Actually, see if the IP is from near Beverly Hills, California, which is where Frank Weyer is from.

You can check its location from this site: http://www.geobytes.com/IpLocator.htm

If it doesn't match, get out the ban stick !
Old 2/1/05, 07:35 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Smile

WARNING TO ALL POSTERS:

No personal attacks of ANY kind will be tolerated.
Keep it CLEAN

:nono:

Quick Reply: Urgent IUP Update