2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Urgent IUP Update

Search this Thread

Old 2/1/05, 07:39 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Boomer@February 1, 2005, 10:38 PM
WARNING TO ALL POSTERS:

No personal attacks of ANY kind will be tolerated.
Keep it CLEAN

:nono:
No offense, boomer, but he is inviting personal attacks by posting in this thread. I doubt it is him, but if it is, anything bad said about him is his own fault.
Old 2/1/05, 07:41 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Granstdale:

I know, but you know we have to keep the peace, and be better.

It is him, it is legit, and he's posting from work.
Trust me on this.

Be smart people, don't give him any ammo,
don't give him the time of day.

You've read whats happened, you know Ford is still producing them.
Leave it alone.

If a mod sees anything questionable..boom, we are locking the thread.

Again, be SMART
Old 2/1/05, 07:48 PM
Banned

What if I simply provide facts, (with supporting legal standing) about why he is going to lose his case?
Old 2/1/05, 08:02 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.@February 1, 2005, 9:22 PM
Edited:
Uncalled for.

Personal attacks are a no no, regardless if you feel justified.

Wow, sorry. I assumed that we were just posting about a prankster and no one would take any offense to what I said since I was posting towards a non-existant person. Anyway, no problem, lesson learned.

Besides, I couldn't care less about the MyColor. I just want my car w/ the other options (dash trim, ICAP, side airbags, etc) but his lawsuit is potentially holding up my car. It's been on order now for nearly 3 months with no build date in sight. Frustration growing, keep the MyColor, give me my 300 H.P.'s!!!
Old 2/1/05, 08:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Frank,
Thanks for the update. Helps knowing a little of the status of the mycolor lawsuit.
I hope for a quick outcome one way or another.
Old 2/1/05, 08:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

This seems like is't a thing with someone just wanting attention. But since I have no way to prove other wiser I guess we have to take you at your word.

But, in care you are who you claim to be, I just wanted to say . My car will be in in the next day or so & noone will be getting it back. Nor will they be getting extra money from me after I have left the dealership. We will if the try. (Sorry couldn't resist)

BTW just a quick question. You are a lawyer who specializes in this stuff, are you not? Then how is it that you "misread the local court rules regarding how soon a preliminary injunction motion could be filed"? Should you not have researched all of the laws before filing to be sure that you had done everything correctly the 1st time around?

Just an observation. Anyway. Cheers all. And may you & Ford find a compermise soon for the saniety of everyone out there with an IUP equipped Stang on order or those who plan to order.

~*~Kera~*~

BTW in keeping with the past traditions of this board. Welcome to the neighborhood.
Old 2/1/05, 09:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by kerafaith@February 1, 2005, 10:28 PM
BTW just a quick question. You are a lawyer who specializes in this stuff, are you not? Then how is it that you "misread the local court rules regarding how soon a preliminary injunction motion could be filed"? Should you not have researched all of the laws before filing to be sure that you had done everything correctly the 1st time around?
As a law student, rules of procedure aren't always clear, and, as most other legal mumbo jumbo, can be ambiguous :scratch: - leading to multiple possible interpretations. More often than not rules of procedure are similar in one jurisdiction as another, so sometimes it would be easy to interpret them to be the same as elsewhere, even if the wording is different.

Perhaps more research was necessary, but even at worst and the case was dismissed on a procedural error at that early point, in all likelihood, he would just have to refile.
Old 2/2/05, 03:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by fweyer@February 2, 2005, 1:29 AM
I'm the guy who has filed the complaint against Ford.
don't you think you'd be better off suing Delphi, the company that designed and is building the MyColor gauge clusters? ford is simply yet another customer thats using the product.
Old 2/2/05, 04:45 AM
Bullitt Member

I guess I have a different take. I own patents and know how hard it is to fight a big corp if they decide to steal your idea. The only way to get leverage with them is to file an injunction. If you can halt production or sales, that is the ONLY way they will even talk settlement. As long as they can make money stealing your patent, they will tie you up for decades and never let the case go to court....

Rember the guy with the intermitiant wiper patent? His case took nearly 25 years to come up....

If Ford did steal his patent, ( and I do not know if they did ) I hope he gets his injunction...
Old 2/2/05, 04:57 AM
Bullitt Member

well on the bright side - I stopped by a dealer near me last night and saw that they have recently received a V6 Premium with IUP. It's white with ICAP, auto and every option in the book. It's not mine but at least it's encouraging to see IUP for the first time on a V6 and delivered to New England.
Old 2/2/05, 05:46 AM
Bullitt Member

As has been asked several times before, if delays are either caused by or threatened due to the MyColor dispute why not just offer IUP w/o MyColor. From past postings it appears most customers think its a "cute" idea but prefer the extra guages and aluminum dash and would never choose to wait months for the MyColor. I for one could care less, I plan to set it on one color and leave it there. But I NEED the guages and dash!!!!!!

Mr. Weyer, if Ford did improperly infringe on the patent I hope you are appropriately compensated. However, speaking as a consumer I hope measures are taken to allow for us to obtain our Mustangs while the litigation moves forward.
Old 2/2/05, 05:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Frank drives a 69 Coupe. Gotta give him props for that
Old 2/2/05, 06:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by NDHESQ@February 2, 2005, 7:49 AM

Mr. Weyer, if Ford did improperly infringe on the patent I hope you are appropriately compensated. However, speaking as a consumer I hope measures are taken to allow for us to obtain our Mustangs while the litigation moves forward.

I still don't see how this "lawsuit" has any credibility. Delphi, not Ford, is the manufacturer of the My Color system. This is a proven fact. So, until Mr. Weyer cares to justify any claim(s) or provide any evidence to disprove otherwise, the "lawsuit" HAS NO MERRIT!

Like Boomer said, Ford is producing Mustangs w/ IUP, we all know this, and the only problem I think that we are going to have out of the MY Color feature, is supply vs. demand.
Old 2/2/05, 08:03 AM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by sranger@February 2, 2005, 4:48 AM
I guess I have a different take. I own patents and know how hard it is to fight a big corp if they decide to steal your idea. The only way to get leverage with them is to file an injunction. If you can halt production or sales, that is the ONLY way they will even talk settlement. As long as they can make money stealing your patent, they will tie you up for decades and never let the case go to court....

Rember the guy with the intermitiant wiper patent? His case took nearly 25 years to come up....

If Ford did steal his patent, ( and I do not know if they did ) I hope he gets his injunction...
Do a little "googling" on Mr. Weyer and his history, your opinion might change....
Old 2/2/05, 08:16 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by sranger@February 2, 2005, 5:48 AM

I agree. I know this is unpopular, and trust me, I want my Stang as much as the next guy, but if Ford did steal his idea, he deserves compensation for it. Plus, believe it or not, most judges are relatively smart (so long as they are not on the 9th Circuit), and if there is no primae facia evidence pointing to the fact that Ford stole his idea, the judge will not issue an injunction. I seem to remember from the bar, and pardon me if I am wrong, I am not a trial attorney, that specific performance remedies are not the easiest in the world to get. My point is, if the guy does not deserve the injunction, the judge probably will not grant it. If he was ripped off, I think it is only fair that he receive the injunction, even if it is to mine and all of our detriments.
Old 2/2/05, 08:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

It would appear as though the MyColor system will go down as one of Ford's biggest blunders ever. Considering this is the hottest car they've had in recent years the one thing they didn't need was a delay of any sort.

I'm curious as to whether or not the Delphi system uses the same technology as Mr. Weier's or if it is a totally different system. I can't say the lawsuit has any merit if Delphi developed a system not even similar to Mr Weier's illumination system. Microsoft proved back in its early days that you cannot patten the "look and feel" of something just the technology that makes it work.

While I know everyone has been waiting forever... Look on the bright side...

A) You have more time to save up a down payment
B) If an injunction does get issued Ford/Delphi will either pay Mr. Weier to continue production or they will drop the MyColor and probably by doing that accelerate the production time of exisiting orders.

Of course in the later Ford will likely have lots of angry customers reguardless of how gimmicky MyColor is.
Old 2/2/05, 09:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Wouldn't you think that someone who is locked in a legal struggle with a conglomerate like Ford would be advised not to discuss the subject? And on an open forum, identified as yourself? Doesn't sound like a good plan. I read what Boomer said but sorry, list me with the doubters. :stubborn:
Old 2/2/05, 10:37 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Stadifer@February 2, 2005, 9:35 AM
Of course in the later Ford will likely have lots of angry customers reguardless of how gimmicky MyColor is.
That's what C&D wrote about V6 Mustang in latest iussed of c&d.
Old 2/2/05, 10:39 AM
Bullitt Member

If I were Mr Weyer, I'd sign up for as many web forums as possible to "guage" demand for the IUP with MyColor.

"Frankly", my GT has MyColor. I set it to blue. Woopee. I agree, the IUP is what everyone wants - the difference with/without IUP is night and day on the car, and has NOTHING to do with MyColor. MyColor is probably a big deal only to a very small percentage of Newport Beach blondes, who will then not be able to operate it anyway! (JK ladies!!!)

If Frank wants his MyColor outta my car, he can have it. But let's face it, if Ford are digging their heels in and they start producing IUP's without MyColor, it's going to look awfully good for Mr Meyer when he gets his day in court.

That said, my guess is that Frank has his ear to the ground and probably patents a lot of stuff, speculatively, in the hopes of making money when someone infringes the patent. Sly? Yes. Fair? No. But if it's legal, then he's perfectly entitled to do so.

I don't care what Frank's past history reads like. If Ford infringed a patent, they're the ones responsible for any issues which arise from this lawsuit. If Frank's claim is legit (even if he is a speculator), then Ford need to settle and end this farce.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm with all you guys on this - just get the fn cars built and rolled out! I just think that a rose-tinted perception of Ford is masking who is to blame here. Ford is a corporation no cleaner than Enron or Worldcom. Their execs will milk every penny from us any way they can, and you better believe they don't want to share any of it with Mr Weyer. This is the same company who did a cost analysis and sold us exploding cars, who are gearing up production to sell us the new Mustang which has a number of known defects. There is an air of romance attached to the Mustang which has kept it alive and kicking when all other pretenders have fallen from sight, and Ford, by association, seem to get a pass on blame for various transgressions.

The laws of our society are imperfect and open to abuse, and whether this is the case here or not, I don't know. What I DO KNOW is that even if Frank is a weasle, if he's operating within the confines of the law, he gets paid. What? We suspend the law because it's "inconvenient" for us? We deny him due process because we don't like it? Where does that end?

Ford needs to get their top dogs on this and make a move NOW. Feb 28? What the heck? Does Frank have a case? If so, pay the man. If not, kick him to the curb and roll out those IUP/MyColor head-turners 24/7!!!
Old 2/2/05, 10:45 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by celticstanger@February 2, 2005, 11:42 AM
If I were Mr Weyer, I'd sign up for as many web forums as possible to "guage" demand for the IUP with MyColor.

"Frankly", my GT has MyColor. I set it to blue. Woopee. I agree, the IUP is what everyone wants - the difference with/without IUP is night and day on the car, and has NOTHING to do with MyColor. MyColor is probably a big deal only to a very small percentage of Newport Beach blondes, who will then not be able to operate it anyway! (JK ladies!!!)

If Frank wants his MyColor outta my car, he can have it. But let's face it, if Ford are digging their heels in and they start producing IUP's without MyColor, it's going to look awfully good for Mr Meyer when he gets his day in court.

That said, my guess is that Frank has his ear to the ground and probably patents a lot of stuff, speculatively, in the hopes of making money when someone infringes the patent. Sly? Yes. Fair? No. But if it's legal, then he's perfectly entitled to do so.

I don't care what Frank's past history reads like. If Ford infringed a patent, they're the ones responsible for any issues which arise from this lawsuit. If Frank's claim is legit (even if he is a speculator), then Ford need to settle and end this farce.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm with all you guys on this - just get the fn cars built and rolled out! I just think that a rose-tinted perception of Ford is masking who is to blame here. Ford is a corporation no cleaner than Enron or Worldcom. Their execs will milk every penny from us any way they can, and you better believe they don't want to share any of it with Mr Weyer. This is the same company who did a cost analysis and sold us exploding cars, who are gearing up production to sell us the new Mustang which has a number of known defects. There is an air of romance attached to the Mustang which has kept it alive and kicking when all other pretenders have fallen from sight, and Ford, by association, seem to get a pass on blame for various transgressions.

The laws of our society are imperfect and open to abuse, and whether this is the case here or not, I don't know. What I DO KNOW is that even if Frank is a weasle, if he's operating within the confines of the law, he gets paid. What? We suspend the law because it's "inconvenient" for us? We deny him due process because we don't like it? Where does that end?

Ford needs to get their top dogs on this and make a move NOW. Feb 28? What the heck? Does Frank have a case? If so, pay the man. If not, kick him to the curb and roll out those IUP/MyColor head-turners 24/7!!!
All I have to say is: Well said.

Quick Reply: Urgent IUP Update