2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Talked to my dealer today about my order....

Search this Thread

Old 3/8/05, 12:58 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I made my weekly call to the dealer today tofind out if he had any updates on my order. He said that there hasn't been any movement, still c&u. I know it's early (2.5weeks since order) but it can't hurt to follow up regularly. I asked him what the dealers allocation was and he told me that they get 2 GT's a week. Is this good bad or normal? I asked him where I was in the dealerships order line and he couldn't tell me.

Now here is the situation. I had a lot of strings pulled to get this order on X-plan because no other dealership in central Florida is honoring it. I actually had a former GM call in a favor for me. Don't get me wrong, I am EXTREMELY grateful and plan on sending that former GM a thank you card with maybe an Outback gift certificate or something. But I find myself not wanting to push TOO hard to get info from the dealer seeing as how they are doing a favor for a friend. This dealer originally declined my X-plan but later honored it as a favor for this other guy. So far the customer service has been great and the sales guy is very cool. But I would really like to know where I am in the order line for that dealer. Also, I am trading in a car and don't want to get screwed if I really **** them off by nagging them constantly for info. Whaddya think?
Old 3/8/05, 02:12 PM
Bullitt Member

If you have a copy of your DORA and you can check status of your order by calling the VOPC. That way you do not have to bug your dealer constantly. As for finding out where you are in the order line for the dealership you are using...don't know what to suggest. If your dealer won't tell you, not sure how you can find out. Anyway....if its only been 2.5 weeks, you may as well get comfortable and enjoy the wait. I've been waiting since December, my vehicle is finally on a rail car now and should be here next week. Good Luck! Hope your wait is a short one!
Old 3/8/05, 02:20 PM
V6 Member

I 2nd that.

I have the X-Plan and my dealer has delivered good customer service (no car, but... B) ). I talk to him once every couple weeks but use the VOPC to the check status of my ride.
Old 3/8/05, 02:20 PM
GT Member

I have the number and call it more than I should :bang:. I'm pretty sure that I have the DORA and not the VOC. I got it from the dealer about 4 days after ordering and its a print out with the order number, dealer code, priority number, body type, options and x-plan pricing. He told me that when he checked my order, he went online and entered my info. Is there a website to track my car? Or was it most likely an internal online tracking system? either way, I'm happy I ordered exactly what I want and can't wait for it to get here.

what about the allocation he told me. Is that good, bad or fair? He said over the phone that last year Freedom Ford was the 8th highest Mustang selling dealership in the country. Lets hope Ford rewards them with a lot of stangs.

BTW...the last time I went to the dealership (two weeks ago), they had FOUR Ford GT's on the showroom floor. Three red and one white. I was told they had three more on the way!!!!!
Old 3/8/05, 03:12 PM
GT Member

LET'S PUT IT THIS WAY, THE DEALER I WENT THROUGH HAS GOTTEN ONE SINCE THEY STARTED MAKING THEM!!!!!! THEY HAVE ALSO ONLY GOTTEN 4 DIFFERENT V6'S SINCE THEN TOO. UNFORTUNATLEY, ONE OF THOSE WASN'T MINE.
Old 3/8/05, 03:18 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 GTs a week is pretty darn good
Old 3/8/05, 03:26 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by dustindu4@March 8, 2005, 5:21 PM
4 GTs a week is pretty darn good
No no no no....I didn't say four Mustang GT's on the showroom....I said four FORD GT's on the showroom.

And I was told they get on average two "mustangs" a week.