2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stop hating on V6.

Search this Thread

Old 8/15/04, 07:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm getting a little tired of all the V6 abuse on this website. Yes, I know they are not as powerful, and yes the V6 mustang seems to be labled as a "Chick Car", but please stop the hate. If that is all people can afford then let it be. I have heard a member say "I would kill myself if I had a V6." Also, even people's individual rankings begin with "V6 member." Before you say, "We dont hate them, they are just not powerful" know this... V6 mustangs are a lot more powerful than a lot of comparable cars on the road now. They are more powerful than the V6 accords and civics, and other import jibberish. Owning a mustang is awesome enough, don't rip on people who have a V6. Please.
Old 8/15/04, 08:07 PM
Cobra Member

I agree about the V6 being a worthy car, and I've defended it here many times. But, V6 Accords? Nah, not quite... 240 hp beats 210 any day. Even if it is wrong-wheel drive. :notnice:
Old 8/15/04, 08:07 PM
Bullitt Member

If you want a V6, buy one. So what if I don't like one? You shouldn't worry much about other people's opinions, anyway, unless you're just buying a Mustang for image.

FYI, the V6 Accord has more horsepower than a 2005 V6 Mustang. And all Civics are 4 cylinders. There are a number of import sedans with V6's making more than the Mustang V6.

Dave
Old 8/15/04, 08:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally posted by HairyCanary@August 15, 2004, 8:10 PM
If you want a V6, buy one. So what if I don't like one? You shouldn't worry much about other people's opinions, anyway, unless you're just buying a Mustang for image.

FYI, the V6 Accord has more horsepower than a 2005 V6 Mustang. And all Civics are 4 cylinders. There are a number of import sedans with V6's making more than the Mustang V6.

Dave
That's true. On the other hand, they can't be had for under $20K like the V6 Stang nor do they have the style. I love the V8 but if I was in the market for a V6 coupe, I'd definitely take a look at the Stang over such comparable priced competitors like the Eclipse or Tiburon.
Old 8/15/04, 09:04 PM
V6 Member

Another reason not to hate: If it wasn't for the V6 cars, I'm not sure the Mustang would still be around. I'm sure the V6 outsells the V8 by a good margin, and without those numbers...
Old 8/15/04, 09:16 PM
Cobra Member

It DEFINITELY would not still be around. V6 sales are what allows us to even dream about the GT, Cobra, Mach 1, Shelby, etc.
Old 8/15/04, 09:39 PM
Cobra Member

V6 abuse on THIS site? Haven't really heard much of that AT ALL on here.

SIMMA DOWN NAW!!
Old 8/15/04, 09:49 PM
Cobra Member

Who is this queen of disco? That's right... now flip-flop the words around... now slowly sound it out... SUMMA DON-NA!!!

Old 8/15/04, 09:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Dr Iven@August 15, 2004, 7:19 PM
It DEFINITELY would not still be around. V6 sales are what allows us to even dream about the GT, Cobra, Mach 1, Shelby, etc.
It's not as if the GT isn't profitable. Car for car, it makes more money than the V6 does. And the Cobra is the most profitable of all. Given 70k or so Mustang GT's, we could just about have a Mustang even without the V6.

Dave
Old 8/15/04, 09:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Amy V6@August 15, 2004, 9:42 PM
V6 abuse on THIS site? Haven't really heard much of that AT ALL on here.

SIMMA DOWN NAW!!
I have to agree with Amy on this one. If a v6 is what you want or all you can afford then all I have to say is thank you for supporting me and my v8. Not sure where you heard the v6 abuse. Most folks on this site seem to be very accomodating and tend to respect each other.
Old 8/15/04, 10:09 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Dr Iven@August 15, 2004, 9:52 PM
Who is this queen of disco? That's right... now flip-flop the words around... now slowly sound it out... SUMMA DON-NA!!!

Man.. something sure smells in HEEEEEEEEERE!! Your joke is WEAK!!!

About V6 abuse.. I see some on other sites.. but haven't seen it here. Just some rice stangs... which always seem to be V6's. I guess they need all that insurance money they saved and put that towards a new Maxwell House fart tip.

Plenty of positive V6 stuff on this site.. V6 Power and at 3.8mustang (even though some of the advice they give isn't all that great.. read with caution. bawhaha)
Old 8/15/04, 11:41 PM
Bullitt Member

The V6 Mustangs could be nice if Ford made an effort, why not twin exausts, antiroll bar in the back, better seats, 17 inch mags, ect... on a special edition...? but V6 mustangs already account for 60 to 70% of sales so if it was upgraded it could harm GT sales...on the positve side you can always do these things yourself and have a truly original and desirable V6 Mustang.
Old 8/16/04, 02:57 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I love my car so much, I bribed Scot to keep my title!!! Anyway, it is quicker than most things over here regardless! The V6 Japanese imports do not sell well here. King of the Road (until I get blitzed by a cobra.........at least he waved as he passed me!)
Old 8/16/04, 05:14 AM

Originally posted by TennesseeMustangManiac@August 15, 2004, 8:02 PM
I'm getting a little tired of all the V6 abuse on this website. Yes, I know they are not as powerful, and yes the V6 mustang seems to be labled as a "Chick Car", but please stop the hate. If that is all people can afford then let it be. I have heard a member say "I would kill myself if I had a V6." Also, even people's individual rankings begin with "V6 member." Before you say, "We dont hate them, they are just not powerful" know this... V6 mustangs are a lot more powerful than a lot of comparable cars on the road now. They are more powerful than the V6 accords and civics, and other import jibberish. Owning a mustang is awesome enough, don't rip on people who have a V6. Please.
I think so too.

We here in Germany pay $ 1,50 for one litre unleaded. The 4.0 V6 ist 4 some european people the absolute monster machine.

Many guys drives a Porsche Boxter and say: "My very fast sportscar."
2.5 ltr. 200 hp

BMW 330 ci, 230 hp: Sportscar
Mazda RX8, 240 hp: Sportscar
Mercedes CLK 230 supercharged, 192 hp: Sportscoupé :scratch:

Yeah, the 4,6 is one of the best V8 in the world, but 4 many people a number to large.

The Mustang is a ponycar with a lot of faces. Not only a tire-shredding muscle car.

let the V6 be, what it is: A good base. And a taste 4 more.

nice day!
Old 8/16/04, 06:07 AM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by TennesseeMustangManiac@August 15, 2004, 9:02 PM
Frankly I don't see this 'hatin' on v6s' stuff. The vast majority of us enjoy the mustang here, no matter what is under the hood. Quit your , take a chill pill, and behave.
Old 8/16/04, 06:22 AM
Bullitt Member

I would never own a V6 hahaha jk man

The sixers are nice in their own respect. My little sister might be getting one for her first car next year. They are still Mustangs, and this car might have been long gone without it.
Old 8/16/04, 06:33 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey, I'm a 22 year old guy and I am going to go with the V6. As far as lack of power? Well within the first year I'll be saving up for that Supercharger and CAI thank you.
Old 8/16/04, 06:49 AM
Bullitt Member

It's not as if the GT isn't profitable. Car for car, it makes more money than the V6 does. And the Cobra is the most profitable of all. Given 70k or so Mustang GT's, we could just about have a Mustang even without the V6.
The one thing you forgot about is tooling costs for parts that are the same. If you take away 60% of the cars contributing to paying for the tooling and engineering, it would raise the price of the V8. The v6 definitely keeps the Mustang alive. Plus, IMO the v6 has the best looking rims (at least until the 18" come out). B)
Old 8/16/04, 08:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Maverick128@August 16, 2004, 4:36 AM
Hey, I'm a 22 year old guy and I am going to go with the V6. As far as lack of power? Well within the first year I'll be saving up for that Supercharger and CAI thank you.
Why not wait and use that money you were saving for the supercharger to just get the V8 to begin with? I can't see where it financially makes sense to buy a V6 and then try to make it as fast as the V8. Ford really can do the upgrade cheaper than the aftermarket.

Dave
Old 8/16/04, 08:17 AM
Bullitt Member

I guess if I had to I would buy a 6 but IMO if I'm gonna spend the money I'm going all the way. I have nothing against the 6 its a great car for the money. The only problem i have is the guys/girls who buy them and japanize them. When I see a stang with ground effects and 20in. rims I get P.O.'d. IMO if your gonna buy American keep it lookin American.

Quick Reply: Stop hating on V6.