2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Standing up for the S197 !

Search this Thread

Old 7/22/07, 07:25 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK, I've got mine, where yours?

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
You want to be fast buy a fighter jet. Ain't nothing faster than a fighter jet...right??? (I'm sure the ignorant will argue.) Why race when you can hit your afterburners 100 feet off the highway and ignite any land-based conveyance stupid enough to try to race you? Just get a fighter jet. Seriously, anyone who is obsessed with speed and speed alone and doesn't care about looks and style should take a second mortgage on their home and buy a nice, used Mig from an arms dealer on the black market. No wheeled vehicle - motorcycles included - will be able to touch it.

Or, you could just strap a rocket motor to your car.

My point here is that throwing a bike into a conversation about cars is totally irrelevant.
Attached Images  
Old 7/24/07, 12:52 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MaverickMLFD371
well this story is just standing up for mustangs in general:

i was at a Wawa (best convenient stores here around NJ) around 11 oclock @ night on a saturday a few weeks back and I pulled in to get some gas and a lot of the part time gas attendents are little ricer punks. so I pulled in. grabbed the nozzle started filling up my car. i ran inside to get a bottled water when as I'm paying for my water I looked out the window and of course 2 ricers pull up to the gas pumps to talk to their gas attendant friends (a honda civic and a 2000+ style mitsubishi eclipse) one of them slowly drove by my car to check it out. one of them gets out of the car and walks around my car and checks it out. so thinkin I have some fans, I walk on out and the guy gets back in his car and starts reving his fart can muffler, like it was suppose to impress me or something. so there's about 5 of them hanging out at the pumps, blaring their music and reving their so called fast engines.

so I grab the nozzle from the gas tank and put it back on the pump, as I'm doing it, i hear from behind me, "so you race this thing?" i said, "on ocassion, whenever I have time to get to atco" (atco is the nearest 1/4 track by my house). "yea, how fast is this?" "it's pretty fast", I said. "You wanna race and see what you got against this?" he replied. told him, "no thanks bro, I'll save you the embarassment in front of your friends" this is where he got all cocky and childish. "embarassment?, dude, my car will smoke yo piece ooo s**t. 250HP for a v8, I got 200HP out of a v6, intake, tune, pullies and exhaust put me up to 260HP, i got you by a mile! the new mustangs are the biggest piece of s**t ever made." as I'm standing there by my car I'm trying not to laugh histerically, but I had to let out a chuckle. he gets even more cocky and says "oh you think thats funny? you think gay racing stripes makes your car look cool?" at this point all his little buddies are laughing and taunting me on and I was just told him, "stay in school, get off the drugs, think before you speak cause you sure as h*ll dont know what your up against. and for your information, its 300HP stock for a v8!" so I get in my car and of course he keeps flapping his mouth and said "yea thats right, get into your piece oooo s**t ford, cause you aint got sh**!" i smiled and started the engine and of course the initial start up of a new mustang with SLP loudmouths...... "VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!" the stang is literally barking while idling in the roofed enclosed pump station, sound echo's off anything around the stang. they all turned and looked at me. and thats when i layed on the gas to make the SLPs scream, at the same time, sets off the cocky guy's mitsubishi eclipse alarm system. I started to laugh. the one attendant put his hands over his ears cause I guess the SLP sound was hurting his ears. the one kid from the group ran over to my driver side and said, "rev it again!" I reved it twice and he put his ear near the hood of my car, I reved it one last time. the kid popped up shocked and had his jaw dropped. points to my car , "dude, he's got a f**** blower!!!!!" so I got out of the car closed my door. 4 of them came to my car, "dude you got a blower????" stuck myself inside the window, popped the hood, lifted the hood. all four of them "WHOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAA, HOLY S***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, DAMMMMMMMMMNNNNN, GOD ****NNNNN" "yo what you pushing?" "close to 500HP" i said
"SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH****************TTTTTTTTTT!! !!"

the cocky guy standing by himself at his car with a p*ssed off look and all his friends are all gathered around my car.

"you think you still can embarass me, huh??" cocky guy remarks. "actually......., I just did!" i replied with a smile on my face. he gets in his car all mad, i yell to him "still wanna race my piece oooooo sh**?" (mocking the way he said it). as he tried to burn out leaving the pumps he stalls the **** car. take him 15 seconds to start it cause it wouldnt crank (i'm laughing histerically at this point), once he gets it started, peels wheels out of the gas station never to bee seen again.

seriously, these young kids need to stop watching these fast and the furious movies and get an education before they open their mouths.

dont blame us young people , we got alot of ricers around , but some of us still love muscle cars , lol my neighbours complained to my gf that my car is too loud , but still nice story , i wish i could have seen their faces
Old 7/24/07, 01:28 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I dont mind ricers, unless they become disrespectful. I dont however like anybody that has their car built off of daddy's money being in the shop for the whole time. There's alot of kids like that around, and they bug the crap outta me. I realize not everyone knows how to do everything on their car, but it gets bad when I can tell someone more about their car than they know. It's usually those same kids that have the bad attitudes towards someone's car that has been built by them. Hate to reference it, but that whole scene in the beginning of TFATF: Tokoyo Drift, thats what I hate.
Old 7/24/07, 02:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by StangMahn
I dont mind ricers, unless they become disrespectful. I dont however like anybody that has their car built off of daddy's money being in the shop for the whole time. There's alot of kids like that around, and they bug the crap outta me. I realize not everyone knows how to do everything on their car, but it gets bad when I can tell someone more about their car than they know. It's usually those same kids that have the bad attitudes towards someone's car that has been built by them. Hate to reference it, but that whole scene in the beginning of TFATF: Tokoyo Drift, thats what I hate.
The beginning of that movie was funny, "Wow, you can read the brochure!" Priceless moment ripping on a rich kid!
Old 7/26/07, 08:00 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my dad bought my car, but i know wayyy more now than i did 6 months ago!!..studying pays off!
Old 7/27/07, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by boduke0220
my dad bought my car, but i know wayyy more now than i did 6 months ago!!..studying pays off!
Yeah, I wish "reading alot about mustangs" was a measure of performance at work. I'd be C.E.O. by now.
Old 7/27/07, 07:43 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by krnpimpsta
Yeah, I wish "reading alot about mustangs" was a measure of performance at work. I'd be C.E.O. by now.
They actually measure your performance at work???
WOW
Old 7/27/07, 07:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

haha yeah.
a love for stangs is the only reason i know what the hell is going in a car.

unlike some of my friends.
we popped the hood to my friend's volvo. he asked us where the catalytic converters were so he could punch them, hahahahaha.
Old 7/28/07, 02:36 AM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

So, moving back on topic!

What is with Charger owners? A 2006 Charger R/T sleeps right next to my GT/CS at night, so I at least get to see it from both sides of the fence. I understand there are plenty of cocky Mustang owners out there, but the amount of Charger owners is getting there. Everyone and their mother with a 6.1HEMI goes crazy on Mustangs. "Oh I smoked this GT the other day!". Well hello, if you need 425HP and torque to beat a 300HP car, you've got issues. The GT is faster than the R/T, I will tell you that. The handling on the GT is SO much better. My seat actually keeps me in it, MUCH better than the Charger's does. However, at the same time, the Charger is a family car. Its nice to have some vroom with it, but what in the hell do these people have up their asses? Its coming to the point i'm just not even bothering to go to the forums anymore. I asked why and they say, "Mustang owners are the most cocky people around". Um, sure. On forums alone, they're worse. I haven't seen very much crap around here, but then again I steer clear from other Mustang forums.

What do you think?
Old 7/28/07, 06:28 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Antigini-GT/CS
So, moving back on topic!

What is with Charger owners? A 2006 Charger R/T sleeps right next to my GT/CS at night, so I at least get to see it from both sides of the fence. I understand there are plenty of cocky Mustang owners out there, but the amount of Charger owners is getting there. Everyone and their mother with a 6.1HEMI goes crazy on Mustangs. "Oh I smoked this GT the other day!". Well hello, if you need 425HP and torque to beat a 300HP car, you've got issues. The GT is faster than the R/T, I will tell you that. The handling on the GT is SO much better. My seat actually keeps me in it, MUCH better than the Charger's does. However, at the same time, the Charger is a family car. Its nice to have some vroom with it, but what in the hell do these people have up their asses? Its coming to the point i'm just not even bothering to go to the forums anymore. I asked why and they say, "Mustang owners are the most cocky people around". Um, sure. On forums alone, they're worse. I haven't seen very much crap around here, but then again I steer clear from other Mustang forums.

What do you think?
There are some forums that are just crazy. The only other true Mustang Forum I'm a part of is Bad Mustangs Club. That is a wonderful place to meet people and hang out at car shows. You may want to check it out. They have a large regional section, so you can see if there are others in your area who post.