2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Standing up for the S197 !

Search this Thread

Old 7/2/07, 02:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
It's even worse when you have a GT. Tailergaters, stoplight a$$clowns, people in EVERY type of POS car trying to prove something by passing you at high speed, etc. etc. etc. I don't get sucked in as a general rule, though every once in a while it's fun to bury the pedal, feel the car rocket forward, and watch people just basically look at your car like, "WTF just happened...?"

Here endeth the lesson.
Hollywood, its SO true what you said. Even worse now for me, since I got my L/T's on. Now EVERYONE wants to "run" me, when they hear my car. I just mind my own business and go on my way.
Old 7/2/07, 03:10 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05gt04srt4
haha...well i agree..not that old but 22 vs 34 does put us in different decades. Even I agree i would rather drive my 300whp gt vs my 441whp srt-4 on the sole reason the gt is more fun to drive. I feel like a little kid driving my srt..but i like to take it out from time to time to feel a 50-160 mph pull on a back road. My sole purpose of this conversation is that everything can be different to everyone...and those stupid ricers are just stuck on whats "cool" to them. Can knock them or justify them..only they can do that.

FINALLY someone that understands where i am coming from.
Old 7/2/07, 03:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Back in 89' I have a Honda CRX Si. I drove to San Diego from Memphis, TN to have my car "tuned". Upgraded intake, borla exhaust from end to end, (no coffee can exhaust back then) Jackson Racing cams and heads, suspension, upgraded cv joints... the works.

My car looked quite stock (other than lowered) and I took alot of crap from the muscle car guys. After whipping several of their ***** and taking their money I got to a point that the only ppl who'd race me were either from out of town or had cars that were so outrageous I'd have been a fool to go against them.

One of my pals had a 87 Grand National GNX and he and I were DEAD even in the quarter mile. (to put things into perspective)

So things come full circle... And there will always be kids with quazi fast cars who think their set-up is the fastest around. Let your right foot do all the talking.
Old 7/2/07, 10:29 PM
Bullitt Member

i think the funniest is a few days ago, a dodge ram with the hemi, pulls next to me at a light, i was in the 1995 cutlass supreme, only wheels, tires, and a drop in k&n filter, he reved it up and said somthing, i leaned over and said, "go to the track next wednesday, ill bring my mustang,h*ll ill bring this!", and he goes "how about right now!"...i dont think he was expecting a 12 year old family car to smoke him like that! i laughed so hard i pulled over, he was fresh out of high school with mommy and daddy's present..o well, i guess he needs to learn a few things, know before speak, dont think ur hot stuff because it says hemi, and dont street race, believe me guys, i only took it up to 60 in the 55, but the law doesnt say how fast you get to speed, just how far you exceed it! lol i do not condone street racing!, BAD JU-JU!!, as always drive safe and have a nice day!
Old 7/3/07, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by fordboy97f150
...i dont think he was expecting a 12 year old family car to smoke him like that!
Haha, I remember I used to "race" random *** cars in my stock 95 Hyundai Sonata. I would pull up to any car, whether it be a rusty truck or a camry, and rev my engine. If they revved back, it was on.

I remember one time I pulled up to a Camaro and revved. He laughed, but then revved back. He babied it and kept himself only 1 car length ahead the entire time... haha, what a good sport. We exchanged thumbs ups.

But I just raced for ****s&giggles; if I raced to validate my ego in that hyundai, I think would have some serious self-esteem/suicide issues by today.
Old 7/3/07, 07:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
You want to be fast buy a crotch rocket. Aint nothing faster then a crotch rocket...right??? (I'm sure the ignorant will argue). Why race when you can go straight to the finish line, Just get a crotch rocket motorcycle. Seriously, anyone who is obsessed with speed and speed alone and dosen't care about looks and style should save themselves a lot of time and money and buy a nice sport bike. No Mustang will be able to touch it.
Old 7/3/07, 12:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

what I also thought was funny. back when I had to get my shifter replaced because of the B&M shifter mishap I had ford roadside assistance come tow my mustang, 19yr old shows up with the tow truck. askin how fast my mustang was, and what not (this was way before I got the blower). he started getting all full of himself and was like, "yea I got a 97 Nissan Skyline sitting at home, twin turbo 15 lbs of boost,this and what not, cams, motor work, pushing 950 horses. he pulled a picture out of his wallet, its a picture of the nissan skyline from 2 fast 2 furious. i laughed......
Old 7/3/07, 02:22 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MaverickMLFD371
what I also thought was funny. back when I had to get my shifter replaced because of the B&M shifter mishap I had ford roadside assistance come tow my mustang, 19yr old shows up with the tow truck. askin how fast my mustang was, and what not (this was way before I got the blower). he started getting all full of himself and was like, "yea I got a 97 Nissan Skyline sitting at home, twin turbo 15 lbs of boost,this and what not, cams, motor work, pushing 950 horses. he pulled a picture out of his wallet, its a picture of the nissan skyline from 2 fast 2 furious. i laughed......
LMAO that is just....words cant describe what that is
Old 7/3/07, 03:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by fordboy97f150
i think the funniest is a few days ago, a dodge ram with the hemi, pulls next to me at a light, i was in the 1995 cutlass supreme, only wheels, tires, and a drop in k&n filter, he reved it up and said somthing, i leaned over and said, "go to the track next wednesday, ill bring my mustang,h*ll ill bring this!", and he goes "how about right now!"...i dont think he was expecting a 12 year old family car to smoke him like that! i laughed so hard i pulled over, he was fresh out of high school with mommy and daddy's present..o well, i guess he needs to learn a few things, know before speak, dont think ur hot stuff because it says hemi, and dont street race, believe me guys, i only took it up to 60 in the 55, but the law doesnt say how fast you get to speed, just how far you exceed it! lol i do not condone street racing!, BAD JU-JU!!, as always drive safe and have a nice day!
Just wait. We have this thing here called, "excessive display of horsepower". It will get you a ticket just as quick as 10 over. Even racing to 60 is racing to the cops around here.
Old 7/6/07, 10:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Von Bek
Just wait. We have this thing here called, "excessive display of horsepower". It will get you a ticket just as quick as 10 over. Even racing to 60 is racing to the cops around here.
lol yea up here they would slap a reckless driving ticket on you, i really dont drive like an idiot, i tend to have moments where i lapse back to the days when full throttle full speed ahead was the only means of getting somwhere off every corner lol
Old 7/7/07, 08:57 AM
Big Falken Tires

Originally Posted by Von Bek
YEAH

too funny man - I was just telling someone the other day when we went to this Chillis by my job for lunch (in Boca Raton)... back in '05 when I had my black GT auto, it was still stock and I had an old lady practially drive along the side of my car in the parking lane as I am waiting to get by - frustrated and ****ed, I slide by and turn at the head of the aisle to head over to the parking lot exit - they had just resurfaced the parking lot and without meaning too, I ended up chirping the tires....

And there is a Sherriff sitting there right in the other lane of the parking lot.

He hits the lights and 'pulls me over', walks up and in the classic New Yowk accent says

"So ahhhhhh..... whuts wit de display of hoarsepowah back theya?"
Old 7/7/07, 05:46 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by black sunshine
You want to be fast buy a crotch rocket. Aint nothing faster then a crotch rocket...right??? (I'm sure the ignorant will argue). Why race when you can go straight to the finish line, Just get a crotch rocket motorcycle. Seriously, anyone who is obsessed with speed and speed alone and dosen't care about looks and style should save themselves a lot of time and money and buy a nice sport bike. No Mustang will be able to touch it.
You want to be fast buy a fighter jet. Ain't nothing faster than a fighter jet...right??? (I'm sure the ignorant will argue.) Why race when you can hit your afterburners 100 feet off the highway and ignite any land-based conveyance stupid enough to try to race you? Just get a fighter jet. Seriously, anyone who is obsessed with speed and speed alone and doesn't care about looks and style should take a second mortgage on their home and buy a nice, used Mig from an arms dealer on the black market. No wheeled vehicle - motorcycles included - will be able to touch it.

Or, you could just strap a rocket motor to your car.

My point here is that throwing a bike into a conversation about cars is totally irrelevant.
Old 7/7/07, 05:54 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
You want to be fast buy a fighter jet. Ain't nothing faster than a fighter jet...right??? (I'm sure the ignorant will argue.) Why race when you can hit your afterburners 100 feet off the highway and ignite any land-based conveyance stupid enough to try to race you? Just get a fighter jet. Seriously, anyone who is obsessed with speed and speed alone and doesn't care about looks and style should take a second mortgage on their home and buy a nice, used Mig from an arms dealer on the black market. No wheeled vehicle - motorcycles included - will be able to touch it.

Or, you could just strap a rocket motor to your car.

My point here is that throwing a bike into a conversation about cars is totally irrelevant.
B.S.

My Mustang has a Flux-Capacitor.

Old 7/8/07, 02:15 AM
Closet American

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
B.S.

My Mustang has a Flux-Capacitor.

Oh yeah...?! Well, I'm...I'm...I'm having dilithium crystal-powered warp drive installed in mine.

Old 7/9/07, 01:07 PM
Cobra R Member

well my mustang has a mr coffee and a mr radar, because i like to have my coffee while i watch my radar
Old 7/18/07, 07:00 PM
Cobra Member

my dad can beat up your dad
Old 7/18/07, 07:06 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by boduke0220
my dad can beat up your dad
Yeah, but my dad is older than your dad's dad.
(and he can beat up your grandfather)
Old 7/18/07, 07:11 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by karman
my grandpa can whoop your dad because he has a
Old 7/21/07, 12:57 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by karman
Originally Posted by boduke0220
my grandpa can whoop your dad because he has a
Sorry...
What I meant to say was...
Yeah, but my dad is older than your dad's dad's dad.
And he can beat up your great-grandfather.
Just a side note...
My grandfather was a Spanish-American War Vet. (look it up)
Old 7/21/07, 08:09 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Quick Reply: Standing up for the S197 !