2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Standing up for the S197 !

Search this Thread

Old 6/28/07, 12:16 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05gt04srt4
Prior to me getting my 05 gt...all of my experiences with mustang owners were exactly the opposite of ya'll stoires.....I have a 2004 srt-4 running 25 psi on a "super stock" turbo and 125 shot of nitrous, its Stock block, stock head, stock intake manifold, stock t/b, stock intercooler, stock pcm, stock injectors...i had invested 1800 into performance and put down 441whp on 100 shot of nitrous...about 2000 into suspension. I would be sitting at a stop light and GT owners would always pull up talking ****..saying how they have this this and that...and how my 4banger is stupid etc etc etc.. I was never out there talking **** just because...my car was done by me for me..my favorite times with that car were on a back road doing 4th gear pulls tuning my af/r. Yes alot of "ricers" talk **** and are ignorant...but exactly like all of yall say...they are young stupid and dont really have a life yet...what do you expect? Im only 22 but already am married, have a mortgage and make 130K plus a year...so im not the average 22 year old. I LOVE MY gt..i've only had it for a few months and I do enjoy driving it more than my srt...how ever...not because its fast or feels even remotely fast...just because Its just fun to drive. Yes im sure i could do a supercharger kit or turbo kit and make 500whp but for what? spend another 6K just to still be slower than my srt? I'll pass. Anything can be fast..but for how much? After spending under 4K on my car and having a 126 mph trap and doing it reliably (3 years 68K miles) and ONLY parts i have ever broken are axels and 2 clutches....i just cant justify spending another 6K ontop of the 5K i've already invested in the gt...but to each their own. So As all of yall sit here talking about how stupid ricers talk **** etc etc etc..remember..there are just as many stupid mustang owners doing the same thing.
Eh, say what you will, but at the end of the day, the SRT-4 is just a Neon on steroids. The Mustang has always been just pure "cool", even if it's not the fastest thing on the block. There's alot more to a "cool ride" than just how fast it is. Civics, Neons, EVOs, WRXs, etc. will NEVER duplicate the heritage and mystique that a Mustang inherently possesses.

Could you have pictured Steve McQueen driving a Neon in Bullitt ?
Old 6/28/07, 05:15 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Rebel73
Old 6/28/07, 05:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 6/28/07, 08:09 PM
Bullitt Member

A lil PS for ya.... no disrepect to the man...not quite a neon...

Steve McQueen in "Rice-it"
Attached Images  
Old 6/28/07, 09:23 PM
Closet American

That's disrespecful to the man.

Old 6/28/07, 10:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
That's disrespecful to the man.

Gives you a creppy look if F&F was around in the 60's.....

*shiver*
Old 6/28/07, 10:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

ricers do talk a lot, but i let them.
two of my co-workers always talk ****.
(one drives an integra, the other a celica)
and honestly it's no contest. but i let them say what they will.
i have absolutely nothing to prove.

and i do talk to ricers about their cars.
i've been to evo meets.
and i like to learn about something i know nothing about (evos)
it would be stupid of me to show up and only talk about stangs.

if they wanna talk stangs, i'll talk stangs. but other than that, i couldn't care less what they though about my car. i love it and that's all i need. i don't need other fool's respect.
Old 6/29/07, 05:51 AM
Closet American

Originally Posted by n00bstang
ricers do talk a lot, but i let them.
two of my co-workers always talk ****.
(one drives an integra, the other a celica)
and honestly it's no contest. but i let them say what they will.
i have absolutely nothing to prove.

and i do talk to ricers about their cars.
i've been to evo meets.
and i like to learn about something i know nothing about (evos)
it would be stupid of me to show up and only talk about stangs.

if they wanna talk stangs, i'll talk stangs. but other than that, i couldn't care less what they though about my car. i love it and that's all i need. i don't need other fool's respect.
If a car looks great and performs well within its set parameters, I don't care who makes it. I respect pretty much all makes and models. If you're a genuine automotive enthusiast, then you do to. It's the attitude of some people that drive cars who end up giving their vehicles a bad name.
Old 6/29/07, 09:46 AM

Eh, say what you will, but at the end of the day, the SRT-4 is just a Neon on steroids. The Mustang has always been just pure "cool", even if it's not the fastest thing on the block. There's alot more to a "cool ride" than just how fast it is. Civics, Neons, EVOs, WRXs, etc. will NEVER duplicate the heritage and mystique that a Mustang inherently possesses.

And your whole response is based on different time periods. Lets compare women of your time vs women of my time..who is to say which is more sexy or smarter...all in the eyes of the person...you opinions are biased because you grew up in that period vs me growing up in this period. So to keep talking about what is cool vs what is "ricer" would be pointless. To each their own.

Alex
Old 6/29/07, 10:07 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 05gt04srt4
And your whole response is based on different time periods. Lets compare women of your time vs women of my time..who is to say which is more sexy or smarter...all in the eyes of the person...you opinions are biased because you grew up in that period vs me growing up in this period. So to keep talking about what is cool vs what is "ricer" would be pointless. To each their own.

Alex
MY time? I ain't THAT old.

He he, FYI, I wasn't even born when Bullitt came out! It was made in 1968 and I was born in 1973. The truth is, I didn't even see the movie til a couple of years ago. True cool transcends time. And as far as women, I think Marilyn Monroe and Angelina Jolie are both very hot, again regardless of era. So no, I am not biased in that sense. I'm not saying all other cars besides the Mustang suck - not at all! There are alot of cool cars out there. But my point is that the Mustang has something that most of these other cars don't. The SRT-4 is a great car for what it is meant to be, an affordable, entry level sporty car that can be modded to be very fast, but I don't see it becoming another American icon.
Old 6/29/07, 10:15 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Insert SRT-4 in this clip here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36MFh4of6lE

It just doesn't work. Neither would a Civic or Eclipse. Heck even in the Fast and Furious Vin Diesel has to break out the American Muscle GTO.

(disclaimer - I think it was FnF, maybe XXX?, whatever - you get my point)
Old 6/29/07, 11:13 AM
Cobra Member

But my point is that the Mustang has something that most of these other cars don't. The SRT-4 is a great car for what it is meant to be, an affordable, entry level sporty car that can be modded to be very fast, but I don't see it becoming another American icon.
If the SRT-4 had styling that was as good as the Mustang, then I think it would have a chance at legendary status. But in the looks department, it's just another economy car.

The Mustang has that special blend of performance, styling and price that make it special.

A late model car I think has good styling is the 2003-2006 Hyundai Tiburon. But it's missing the performance portion of the equation, so I don't think it'll reach the status of the Mustang either.
Old 6/29/07, 11:17 AM

MY time? I ain't THAT old.

He he, FYI, I wasn't even born when Bullitt came out! It was made in 1968 and I was born in 1973. The truth is, I didn't even see the movie til a couple of years ago. True cool transcends time. And as far as women, I think Marilyn Monroe and Angelina Jolie are both very hot, again regardless of era. So no, I am not biased in that sense. I'm not saying all other cars besides the Mustang suck - not at all! There are alot of cool cars out there. But my point is that the Mustang has something that most of these other cars don't. The SRT-4 is a great car for what it is meant to be, an affordable, entry level sporty car that can be modded to be very fast, but I don't see it becoming another American icon.

haha...well i agree..not that old but 22 vs 34 does put us in different decades. Even I agree i would rather drive my 300whp gt vs my 441whp srt-4 on the sole reason the gt is more fun to drive. I feel like a little kid driving my srt..but i like to take it out from time to time to feel a 50-160 mph pull on a back road. My sole purpose of this conversation is that everything can be different to everyone...and those stupid ricers are just stuck on whats "cool" to them. Can knock them or justify them..only they can do that.
Old 6/29/07, 05:52 PM
Closet American

And as far as women, I think Marilyn Monroe [is] very hot.
Have you seen her lately? She doesn't look so hot anymore.

Old 6/29/07, 11:45 PM
Cobra R Member

Have you seen her lately? She doesn't look so hot anymore.

Ok, you didn't have to go there !
Old 6/30/07, 12:17 AM
Closet American

Ok, you didn't have to go there !
Sorry to ruin your fantasy. Here's something to make you feel better >>

Old 6/30/07, 12:38 AM
Bullitt Member

One thing to add, as it happened today at work. My firend in his '05 GTO came in to get some gas on the way to Orlando, while a guy in his Vette was already gassing up. On the way out, the vette guy was really making it known he had his exaust done, definity trying to get my friends attention. On the flip side, this nub in an old BMW 3 series convertable was really annoying trying to go fast. He must have been happy he could spin his tires, but the asphalt is like glass there and anybody can do it, lol. As for the Stang vs SRT-4, when the Neon sounds like something besides a lawnmower, we will talk. =p
Old 6/30/07, 10:09 PM
Cobra R Member

Sorry to ruin your fantasy. Here's something to make you feel better >>

now that's more like it!
Old 6/30/07, 11:39 PM
Bullitt Member

2 True Stories from my outings today.

1) I was out with my date (who happened to be a smokin' hot blonde, lucky me...it had to be the Mustang lol) and we were on our way to an Hibachi Bar restaurant when this guy pulls up in what I can only describe as a 70s style red Chevrolet Suburban. My date and I were talking and listening to some music waiting for the light to turn green. Dude in the red Suburban revs his engine, I'm guessing he's wanting me to know he got a new exhaust system, either that or it was some weak intimidation act. In any case, my date and I just kept cruising at the normal speed we were going and dude in the red Surburban speeds off when the light turns green. When he sees I'm not trying to race him, he slows down waiting for me to catch him. I finally catch up to him in my car and he starts revving his engine (pressing hard on the accelerator) to make his exhaust rumble. I'm still ignoring this a$$clown. We get to another light and he's doing it again. My date looks at me and said, "I wish you would shut this guy up!" When a hot blonde asks me to unleash the 'stang, I'm not going to object!!! So when the light turns green he floors it (and so do I) and the next thing I know I hear my wheels chirp slightly, my Magnaflows rumble louder than I can ever remember them rumbling (really never push them that hard) and I'm so far ahead of this guy it's not even funny. Even when I'm about to turn to get to the Hibachi Bar, I hear him finally coming up on me in my lane like he was going to ram us or something then he switches to a non turning lane and keeps going. I guess that was his way of "intimidating" me. Whatever. I was shocked that my sixer was that quick; not bad for a sixer, eh?

2) After I dropped my date off at her house and was back in my part of town crusing to some beach music with the windows down, I am approached by two guys in a late 90s early 00s white Toyota Tacoma (?) pick up truck. It had the large chrome wheels, neons, lowered...the whole gambit for a "tuner" car. Our conversation when like this:

Tacoma Guys: What's up man?
Me: Hey what's going on?

TG: Not much man, that's a nice Mustang you got there.
Me: Thanks, I think so too.

TG: You wanna race?
Me: No, I don't street race and if I do race, I take it to the track in Orangeburg.

TG: Oh don't worry, we can take it to the track. My little 4 cylinder truck would spank the pants off your wimpy Mustang.
Me: I'm sure it would, have a good night.

Light turns green and these two nimrods try to do some kind of weak burn out on wet asphalt while turning and nearly wipe themselves out. I couldn't help but laugh at the those jokers as I headed to my house, where I am now enjoying the rest of my Hibachi dinner while I talk to my Mustang bretheren.

Seriously, are all these "ricers" idiots or do they lack common sense. Do they think that every Mustang owner is a racer and that because we have a few mods done that we are looking for a "fight" for the lack of a better word? If it wasn't for my date urging me, I would have ignored the Surburban as well but like I said when a hot blonde sitting beside me in my Mustang wants me to unleash the Mustang to shut up some jacka$$...I'm gonna do it, or atleast attempt to any way. It's guys like the people in the Tacoma truck that give the tuner segment a bad name. I have and am friends with guys who have very good looking modified tuner cars with the styling ranging from mild to eccentric. I am quick to always complement someone on a nice modded car, even if they may not like mine...but then you get jokers like these who I bet have put off more people than I know with their attitude. Before I could ask these guys what they had done to their truck (cosmetically it look pretty good) they want to start crap and talking smack. I have no delusions about my car, I know it's a sixer and it's not the fastest in the world but so far when I needed it, it has delivered and I'm not disappointed in that. It just puts a huge smile on my face...no other car has done that.

Aww darn it, I'm just gonna say it, I LOVE MY MUSTANG!!!!!!!!!!
Old 7/1/07, 12:47 AM
Closet American

Originally Posted by 06 Slvr Bullitt
2 True Stories from my outings today.

1) I was out with my date (who happened to be a smokin' hot blonde, lucky me...it had to be the Mustang lol) and we were on our way to an Hibachi Bar restaurant when this guy pulls up in what I can only describe as a 70s style red Chevrolet Suburban. My date and I were talking and listening to some music waiting for the light to turn green. Dude in the red Suburban revs his engine, I'm guessing he's wanting me to know he got a new exhaust system, either that or it was some weak intimidation act. In any case, my date and I just kept cruising at the normal speed we were going and dude in the red Surburban speeds off when the light turns green. When he sees I'm not trying to race him, he slows down waiting for me to catch him. I finally catch up to him in my car and he starts revving his engine (pressing hard on the accelerator) to make his exhaust rumble. I'm still ignoring this a$$clown. We get to another light and he's doing it again. My date looks at me and said, "I wish you would shut this guy up!" When a hot blonde asks me to unleash the 'stang, I'm not going to object!!! So when the light turns green he floors it (and so do I) and the next thing I know I hear my wheels chirp slightly, my Magnaflows rumble louder than I can ever remember them rumbling (really never push them that hard) and I'm so far ahead of this guy it's not even funny. Even when I'm about to turn to get to the Hibachi Bar, I hear him finally coming up on me in my lane like he was going to ram us or something then he switches to a non turning lane and keeps going. I guess that was his way of "intimidating" me. Whatever. I was shocked that my sixer was that quick; not bad for a sixer, eh?

2) After I dropped my date off at her house and was back in my part of town crusing to some beach music with the windows down, I am approached by two guys in a late 90s early 00s white Toyota Tacoma (?) pick up truck. It had the large chrome wheels, neons, lowered...the whole gambit for a "tuner" car. Our conversation when like this:

Tacoma Guys: What's up man?
Me: Hey what's going on?

TG: Not much man, that's a nice Mustang you got there.
Me: Thanks, I think so too.

TG: You wanna race?
Me: No, I don't street race and if I do race, I take it to the track in Orangeburg.

TG: Oh don't worry, we can take it to the track. My little 4 cylinder truck would spank the pants off your wimpy Mustang.
Me: I'm sure it would, have a good night.

Light turns green and these two nimrods try to do some kind of weak burn out on wet asphalt while turning and nearly wipe themselves out. I couldn't help but laugh at the those jokers as I headed to my house, where I am now enjoying the rest of my Hibachi dinner while I talk to my Mustang bretheren.

Seriously, are all these "ricers" idiots or do they lack common sense. Do they think that every Mustang owner is a racer and that because we have a few mods done that we are looking for a "fight" for the lack of a better word? If it wasn't for my date urging me, I would have ignored the Surburban as well but like I said when a hot blonde sitting beside me in my Mustang wants me to unleash the Mustang to shut up some jacka$$...I'm gonna do it, or atleast attempt to any way. It's guys like the people in the Tacoma truck that give the tuner segment a bad name. I have and am friends with guys who have very good looking modified tuner cars with the styling ranging from mild to eccentric. I am quick to always complement someone on a nice modded car, even if they may not like mine...but then you get jokers like these who I bet have put off more people than I know with their attitude. Before I could ask these guys what they had done to their truck (cosmetically it look pretty good) they want to start crap and talking smack. I have no delusions about my car, I know it's a sixer and it's not the fastest in the world but so far when I needed it, it has delivered and I'm not disappointed in that. It just puts a huge smile on my face...no other car has done that.

Aww darn it, I'm just gonna say it, I LOVE MY MUSTANG!!!!!!!!!!
It's even worse when you have a GT. Tailergaters, stoplight a$$clowns, people in EVERY type of POS car trying to prove something by passing you at high speed, etc. etc. etc. I don't get sucked in as a general rule, though every once in a while it's fun to bury the pedal, feel the car rocket forward, and watch people just basically look at your car like, "WTF just happened...?"

Here endeth the lesson.

Quick Reply: Standing up for the S197 !