2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Standing up for the S197 !

Search this Thread

Old 6/19/07, 10:00 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey, all I know is, I get a lot more thumbs up and dropped jaws with my Wicked Stallion than I ever did with my Talon!
Old 6/19/07, 12:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by n00bstang
i still don't think my mustang is fast, honestly. 2007 Mustang Gt Auto, its probably one of the slowest mustangs out there. Slowest GT for sure.
What?? What would you consider "fast" then??
Old 6/19/07, 12:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Honestly, I don't have a problem with the tuner market, import or domestic. Coming from that world (I owned a Cavalier) I've come to know a lot of people who take as much pride in their modded tuners as I do in my modded Mustang. Most work hard (one guy I knew was working 3 jobs just so he could have the money he needed to get his car ready for a big car show last year in addition to doing all the work himself) if not harder than most when it comes to modding their cars and I think it's because they feel they have something to prove. I never really like the term "ricers." It's a derrogatory term and not all tuners on the roads are ricers. In my opinion the term ricer should be reserved for those individuals who are completely brain dead thinking that their squat don't stink. That think that because they simply put on an exhaust, stickers, or are cocky and heck believe their car can beat anything on the road. When I think of ricers that's who I think of. Granted, I've never called any one or their car a ricer or gone out of my way to do so. Even when I was a frequent visitor on the Cavalier forums, I always said (and maintain) to this day that I will always have respect for anyone who does their own work on their car, even if it's something I might not agree with.

My problem with car people in my area, are their attitudes. The car modification scene in my area is a young crowd (younger than me and I'm 27). They all seem like cocky high school jerks who are looking more to prove that they have a set and impress their girls than showing the respect and camaraderie we should all have as auto enthusiasts. Take this for example. In my area, there are 3 tuner/car enthusiast crowds. 2 Mustang clubs and 1 tuner club. One Mustang club consists of young guys who look like they spend daddy's money to get their Mustang to look and perform the way they think they should perform. They are loud, crass, immature and on any given Friday & Saturday night you can hear them rumbling up and down the highway. They like to hang at the local Sonic drive-in and take over like they own the place (I kid you not). I've brought my Mustang to that Sonic a couple of times for a drink and each time I've gone their I've gotten a look from that Mustang crew like I do not belong on their "property." They've even said crap about my Mustang but not one of those "young punks" have ever had the nerve to come up to me to ask me about my car or talk crap to my face. I consider myself very accessible and am willing to talk Mustangs or cars in general with anyone. I admit they have nice cars but it's just the whole attitude. The same thing came be said about the other Mustang group and the tuner group as well. I will say that at least the 2nd Mustang group has always been a little friendly to me in the past whenever they see me.

Don't even get me started on the Camaros/Trans-Ams in my town. It's like my car is some kind of cancer to them. I don't understand why they feel the need to try to "prove" something to me whenever they see my car on the road. I had one jerk in a SS Camaro come barrelling up on me and ride my rear for almost 2 miles on an afternoon drive I was taking to see a friend. If it's not that, one will seemingly pull up beside me at a light and rev their engine excessively. I mean what is that suppose to prove, that they have a loud exhaust and are annoying? Great for them. While I did shut up a Trans-Am big mouth (beat him in an impromptu "race" soundly...my guess is that he was more sound than go), my car was never intended to be a racer...it's a cruiser. I mean what's the point in going fast in no one can see what you're driving, right?

I'm respectful of all modified cars and will continue to be that way. For me, I've gotten more compliments on my Mustang than any car I've ever owned. The camaraderie between most Mustang owners is something is simply phenomenal and makes me proud to be apart of that little world. The only thing that I've seen rival that camaraderie and beat it, are motorcycle owners...more specifically Harley-Davidson owners. It's a cool thing seeing two Harley owners acknowledge one other when they are traveling in opposite directions on the highway. It's even cooler (for me) when I get recognized by another Mustang owner as I'm driving down the road. I posted the following message on another Mustang forum about how my weekend went...but I wanted to post it here. The following message below makes me so darn proud to be a Mustang owner.

I know this has probably been talked about thousands of times, but I have to say I just love the camaraderie that exists between Mustang owners of all generations. Today has just been one of those days (for me) that if I was riding around with someone else in their Mustang and the things that happen to me, happened to them, it would convince me to go out and buy a Mustang.

It all started this morning when I was out on the Interstate and this black s197 GT came racing up on me. I didn't know if he was doing so because he wanted an impromptu race on the Interstate or wanted to see what kind of Mustang my car was. Well I had to take the off ramp before he could get beside me. So as I'm on the off ramp, I look over and I see him giving me the big thumbs up, so I return it in kind. Then later this afternoon, while I was at an ATM, this guy pulls up in a mini-van. After I got my cash, he complimented me on how nice my car was and said that his daughter (little girl) loved it. So I let him bring his daughter over and let her sit inside the car. She looked so happy and in love with the car...just kinda warmed the heart, you know. I think her father might end up getting one as we had a good 10 minute talk about Mustangs, which was pretty cool.

All in all, I think it was a pretty cool day today.
Old 6/19/07, 12:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
A late-model Trans Am passed me and tossed a lit cigarette onto the road and it smacked my front bumper right at the grey plastic lower insert. It didn't leave a permanent mark that is visible, but I was kind of distraught at how disrespectful that person was. Usually people who toss cigarettes try to let it get sucked away by the wind or just flick it close to their car. This guy literally did his best to toss it my way. I wasn't even racing him and even let him pass.
Old 6/19/07, 01:28 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 1969 Mustang Mach 1
WITH ALL DUE RESPECT, I HOPE YOU MEAN STOCK IMPORTS
absolutely not. I'll see a vw with a nice stance, smoothed out lines, a sweet exhaust on a vr6 maybe a intercooler up there. and i'll give the guy the thumb. my jetta was a 2.slow, rockin a techtonics exhaust, an intake, corrado steal wheels or ats cups, a cool little stereo, 16v close ratio trans with a shim kit in the diff, lightweight flywheel, fresh clutch. I mean i could keep up to my friends 89 325i through first and second, but jsut about everything else could dust the floor with it. But god was that a fun car to drive. i miss it so much. at least i get to drive it whenever i am down visiting my father in Williamsburg.

or a white integra type r with a suspension and red wheels, looks real cool. gotta leave the body stock though.

any mkiv supra gets a wave. Civic hatches that look nice, like the other day i saw one with this really cool dark green paint job and gold wheels with a polished lip that was like a 15" maybe a 16. that car look pretty neat, but the kid had a fart can on it, sounded real poopy. def left the stupid sohc motor in it. Oh and s2000's are real sick nasty. and oh how sweet subarus sound. as long as its white.
Old 6/19/07, 02:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
I despise ricers. I think those gay *** fast and bi-curious movies that came out are some of the worst things that ever happend to the performance car industry. Now every punk with a Honda civic thinks he's got a top fuel hotrod. Certain cars classify as performance vehicles. Every time I see a ricer it's the same dumb *** kids driving them with their hats on sideways and the seat tilted so far back they can barely see over the steering wheel. I posted earlier in this topic that you can make any car fast but a car has to be born cool. If I dump 20,000 dollars into the motor of Honda civic at the end of the day it's still a civic. We can only hope that ricers grow out of their gay ways when they get older. Imagine what the kids of ricer folk will be driving?????.......They'll probably go chasing people around on mopeds......I weep for the future.
Old 6/19/07, 03:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mach
I admit, I had a fellow in an 87 or so 'Stang, who obiviously had done some engne work, and when he drove by looking at my ride, only snarled at me...I just waved and gave him a thumbs up...he flipped me off, gunned his motor, and raced away...

Life is too short to waste it on ppl who don't want to be friendly...
What you posted above, is one thing that I HATE!!! I'm respectful to all fellow Mustang owners. Just recently while driving around Sunday, I was passing a sweet 89 GT hatch, and you could hear it had some work done to the motor. As we approached the light, my lane (the right, was more open), so I wound up passing him. I gave him the thumbs up (as it sounded REALLY SWEET!!!). After the light changed, he caught up to me, passed me and did the same. This is the type of camraderie I love. A mutual respect for the type of car we have, no matter the year.

Its the moronic owners who think their 5.0's are the **** and don't give any respect to any other Mustang on the street. I hate this. I give respect to ALL Mustangs, even the Mustang II's. If it wasn't for these little cars, the brand would have died, and we wouldn't have our S197's today.
Old 6/19/07, 03:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by metroplex
A late-model Trans Am passed me and tossed a lit cigarette onto the road and it smacked my front bumper right at the grey plastic lower insert. It didn't leave a permanent mark that is visible, but I was kind of distraught at how disrespectful that person was. Usually people who toss cigarettes try to let it get sucked away by the wind or just flick it close to their car. This guy literally did his best to toss it my way. I wasn't even racing him and even let him pass.
I got a story Metro, that is just in the same boat. Last summer, I was attending a small car show at a local firehouse. I got 4 of my fellow BMC members to join me. After the show (it ended around 3:30), I told them about a local cruise-in at the Dairy Queen up the road a bit. They were in, since it wasn't far (the 3 that went with me were all from Jersey, so they didn't know the area at all).

While traveling up the local expressway (Rt 309 in Souderton, for any TMS member who's from PA), this jerk*** in a SRT10 Ram got on the highway, and promply threw out a soda can infront of my car!! I didn't hit it (I swerved, and missed, but my buddy's car (MaverickMLFD, a fellow TMS'er), drove over it. No damage, but we were P***ED!!! Now, knowing this, and the type of truck he had, we couldn't catch him (this was before Mav got his Whipple), and as soon as he threw the can, he gunned it past 100 mph, and was gone. Anyhow, I couldn't believe he had the conscience to do this. I could never do this to any car (I don't like Evos, but I love cars too much to inflict ANY damage to anything). I guess this a$$wipe saw a caravan of 4 modified Mustangs, and thought, I'll show them. . It goes to show you, that some people out there have issues, and can be so disrespectful.

So fast forward a year. At the same cruise night, I was there with a few friends, and a few chevy guys (in their early 20's), came up to my car, and asked what I had in it. Told them American Racing Long Tubes and Borla Stingers (just got the headers from CR). They wanted to hear it, so I started it up, and gave it a few revs. Needless to say, they were impressed . They told me, we love our Chevy's but these cars are nice, and yours sounds BAD A$$!!! This is the comrodierie I love at car shows and cruise nights. Not Chevy vs Ford vs Mopar, but car people chatting with car people. Its the immature punks that give the car world a bad name.
Old 6/19/07, 03:24 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by black sunshine
I despise ricers..
yo man, first off: you're language is WAY out of line for this forum right now. please keep it clean, or the mods will have to make an adjustment.

And honestly, if you dump 20k into the motor of your mustang its still just a mustang. of you drop 20k into the motor of a ford gt its still just a ford gt. if i dump 1500 bucks into my jetta its still just a jetta, but you know what. it's MY jetta. just like that kid who loves his civic, its HIS, not yours. just because he likes something else, doesnt mean he's wrong. and i enjoyed the fast and the furious movies. the first one was decent, the second not so much, the third was pretty strong in certain areas.
Old 6/19/07, 03:48 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by black sunshine
I despise ricers. I think those gay *** fast and bi-curious movies that came out are some of the worst things that ever happend to the performance car industry. Now every punk with a Honda civic thinks he's got a top fuel hotrod. Certain cars classify as performance vehicles. Every time I see a ricer it's the same dumb *** kids driving them with their hats on sideways and the seat tilted so far back they can barely see over the steering wheel. I posted earlier in this topic that you can make any car fast but a car has to be born cool. If I dump 20,000 dollars into the motor of Honda civic at the end of the day it's still a civic. We can only hope that ricers grow out of their gay ways when they get older. Imagine what the kids of ricer folk will be driving?????.......They'll probably go chasing people around on mopeds......I weep for the future.
I know what MY kid will be driving

Old 6/19/07, 05:27 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Even I want one of those . Was it custom made?
Old 6/19/07, 05:34 PM
Bullitt Member

would this be relevant? I love that coffee can impersonation.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwDy3lTxX8Y - I get a laugh outta this everytime...I see sooo many in my area...

and further more i saw this a few days ago in my employee parking lot. so snapped a pic w/ my phone - lol...
Attached Images  
Old 6/19/07, 05:44 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

My funny bone's favorite are the ones without bumpers
Old 6/19/07, 05:44 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 1969 Mustang Mach 1

Even I want one of those . Was it custom made?
yah! Custom paint by DaddyTech!! Krylon Fusion, baby! he he...
Old 6/19/07, 05:52 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

"I think the wing's on the back of the car so that when it breaks down, you can push it home like a big shopping cart"
Old 6/20/07, 11:00 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Cheese302
yo man, first off: you're language is WAY out of line for this forum right now. please keep it clean, or the mods will have to make an adjustment.

And honestly, if you dump 20k into the motor of your mustang its still just a mustang. of you drop 20k into the motor of a ford gt its still just a ford gt. if i dump 1500 bucks into my jetta its still just a jetta, but you know what. it's MY jetta. just like that kid who loves his civic, its HIS, not yours. just because he likes something else, doesnt mean he's wrong. and i enjoyed the fast and the furious movies. the first one was decent, the second not so much, the third was pretty strong in certain areas.
However, Mustang was "born" cool, those crappy Honda rice-mobiles with the obnoxious fart can and backwards-hatted punk kid slouched behind the wheel will NEVER be cool, no matter how much love and money is bestowed upon it.

You are right when you say "just because he likes something else doesn't mean he's wrong" UNTIL the moment he swerves in front of me without signaling, fart can blatting away, because he wants to tell his riceboy friends that he "beat" a Mustang.
Old 6/20/07, 11:08 AM
Bullitt Member

There's a butt for every seat. I am not going to argue or take offense to someone else's reality. What's the point?
Old 6/20/07, 11:23 AM
Cobra R Member

enough with the stereotypes please. i had a loud import car, but i dont wear a hat backwards, my seat was fairly upright, i must have missed my turn signal a few times, but not by habit. and it didnt sound farty at all. hell my 54 year old father drives it now.

and also, dont forget i DO have a 2007 mustang gt. although some of these dumb rant threads make me wanna sell it sometimes
Old 6/20/07, 04:54 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Cheese302
enough with the stereotypes please. i had a loud import car, but i dont wear a hat backwards, my seat was fairly upright, i must have missed my turn signal a few times, but not by habit. and it didnt sound farty at all. hell my 54 year old father drives it now.

and also, dont forget i DO have a 2007 mustang gt. although some of these dumb rant threads make me wanna sell it sometimes
But the dumb rant is based on a lot of truth. I've got a 91 Integra as my DD - stock except for the rims. The ricer comments don't bother me because I know they're not referring to my car. Rice doesn't even really refer to the make of a car anymore, there are plenty of Chevy Cavalier's that are riced out to the point of disgust.
Old 6/20/07, 08:01 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
But the dumb rant is based on a lot of truth.
Yeah - what John said

Quick Reply: Standing up for the S197 !