2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Standing up for the S197 !

Search this Thread

Old 6/18/07, 12:47 PM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in the "it's the people not the cars" camp. There's nothing wrong with the import scene, in fact I think it's healthy for hot-rodding in general. The reason the kids gravitate toward them is a simple matter of economics. They're affordable and relatively easy to modify.

It's some of the donkey-donuts driving them, thinking they're "king of the road" that's the problem, and let's be honest, it really isn't about the make of car either. I've run into plenty of domestic butt-tards as well, many of them in Mustangs. They don't get a pass in my book just becasue they drive a Mustang. Stupid is as Stupid does, no matter the make of car involved.
Old 6/18/07, 01:08 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by SixtySix
I'm in the "it's the people not the cars" camp. There's nothing wrong with the import scene, in fact I think it's healthy for hot-rodding in general. The reason the kids gravitate toward them is a simple matter of economics. They're affordable and relatively easy to modify.

It's some of the donkey-donuts driving them, thinking they're "king of the road" that's the problem, and let's be honest, it really isn't about the make of car either. I've run into plenty of domestic butt-tards as well, many of them in Mustangs. They don't get a pass in my book just becasue they drive a Mustang. Stupid is as Stupid does, no matter the make of car involved.

well said. I feel the same, but it seems to me that a lot of mustang guys jump the gun to start talking smack
Old 6/18/07, 01:19 PM
Bullitt Member

some kids ina lowered hatch civic pulled next to me and the lil lady, and say hey man, u wanna pin RUSTANG that against this??, i laughed and said save it for the strip buddy..and pulled away, i am not gonna risk anybodys life let alone the one i love, i dunno, somtimes i like to toy with them when its me and a buddy but i dont feel the need to prove myself off every corner, know what i mean?
Old 6/18/07, 01:45 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You said it Tony

I hear Mustang guys talking smack as well - but I think its just that so many of the people driving 'other' rides seem to have such an outright hate for the Stang.... or other cars that aren't theirs, in general that it gets downright annoying.

Here's a good one concerning people being 'clueless' - no lie - out at the A1A strip getting pizza at 3:00am Sun morning (coolest place!) and these two guys looking like the kids in Growing up Gotti roll up in their Aston Martin Vantage to the pizza joint. As they are inside, I proceed to listen to this total getto rat looking punk say (completely serious) 'That thing ain't fast - my Honda can beat that thing - those things ain't fast at all'

I just shook my head, laughed and ate my pizza.
Old 6/18/07, 03:04 PM
FR500 Member

My definition of "Ricer" = Anyone willing to act like a Mo'Ron behind the wheel of a car, regardless of make.
Old 6/18/07, 03:51 PM
Cobra Member

Exactly... This is how and why hot rodding started all those years ago! Cause the old Fords (and other cars) were cheap and plentiful and with a little smarts and hard work you could make a pretty fast car for a small amount of cash. So in that regard the import craze is all about hot rodding… But when your parents pay for it all what does that say? Spoiled brat mostly!
Old 6/18/07, 04:07 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I have a love/hate relationship with ricers...on the one hand, I hate their idiotic theories and schools of thought, but on the other hand, I love leaving their POSs in the dust and imagining the look on their faces

Although I usually see them again when they do the "ricer fly-by" after I have pulled ahead of them by a considerable length and slowed down to normal cruising speed.
Old 6/18/07, 04:10 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Donkey-donuts!

I agree with most of what you're saying, but I think it's 'image' more than 'economics'. They think the import image is cool. Around here you find used Civics costing more than used Mustangs w/ similar options. The demand for the 'tuner' cars has really jacked up the prices... and insurance.
Old 6/18/07, 05:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

i come from a pretty asian town, and the mustang is still highly respected.
everyone just aims for the top dog, that's life.
even though evo's or sti's will give us a run for the money, stock vs. stock.

i still don't think my mustang is fast, honestly. 2007 Mustang Gt Auto, its probably one of the slowest mustangs out there. Slowest GT for sure.
Old 6/18/07, 06:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by MaverickMLFD371
well this story is just standing up for mustangs in general:

i was at a Wawa (best convenient stores here around NJ) around 11 oclock @ night on a saturday a few weeks back and I pulled in to get some gas and a lot of the part time gas attendents are little ricer punks. so I pulled in. grabbed the nozzle started filling up my car. i ran inside to get a bottled water when as I'm paying for my water I looked out the window and of course 2 ricers pull up to the gas pumps to talk to their gas attendant friends (a honda civic and a 2000+ style mitsubishi eclipse) one of them slowly drove by my car to check it out. one of them gets out of the car and walks around my car and checks it out. so thinkin I have some fans, I walk on out and the guy gets back in his car and starts reving his fart can muffler, like it was suppose to impress me or something. so there's about 5 of them hanging out at the pumps, blaring their music and reving their so called fast engines.

so I grab the nozzle from the gas tank and put it back on the pump, as I'm doing it, i hear from behind me, "so you race this thing?" i said, "on ocassion, whenever I have time to get to atco" (atco is the nearest 1/4 track by my house). "yea, how fast is this?" "it's pretty fast", I said. "You wanna race and see what you got against this?" he replied. told him, "no thanks bro, I'll save you the embarassment in front of your friends" this is where he got all cocky and childish. "embarassment?, dude, my car will smoke yo piece ooo s**t. 250HP for a v8, I got 200HP out of a v6, intake, tune, pullies and exhaust put me up to 260HP, i got you by a mile! the new mustangs are the biggest piece of s**t ever made." as I'm standing there by my car I'm trying not to laugh histerically, but I had to let out a chuckle. he gets even more cocky and says "oh you think thats funny? you think gay racing stripes makes your car look cool?" at this point all his little buddies are laughing and taunting me on and I was just told him, "stay in school, get off the drugs, think before you speak cause you sure as h*ll dont know what your up against. and for your information, its 300HP stock for a v8!" so I get in my car and of course he keeps flapping his mouth and said "yea thats right, get into your piece oooo s**t ford, cause you aint got sh**!" i smiled and started the engine and of course the initial start up of a new mustang with SLP loudmouths...... "VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!" the stang is literally barking while idling in the roofed enclosed pump station, sound echo's off anything around the stang. they all turned and looked at me. and thats when i layed on the gas to make the SLPs scream, at the same time, sets off the cocky guy's mitsubishi eclipse alarm system. I started to laugh. the one attendant put his hands over his ears cause I guess the SLP sound was hurting his ears. the one kid from the group ran over to my driver side and said, "rev it again!" I reved it twice and he put his ear near the hood of my car, I reved it one last time. the kid popped up shocked and had his jaw dropped. points to my car , "dude, he's got a f**** blower!!!!!" so I got out of the car closed my door. 4 of them came to my car, "dude you got a blower????" stuck myself inside the window, popped the hood, lifted the hood. all four of them "WHOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAA, HOLY S***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, DAMMMMMMMMMNNNNN, GOD ****NNNNN" "yo what you pushing?" "close to 500HP" i said
"SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH****************TTTTTTTTTT!! !!"

the cocky guy standing by himself at his car with a p*ssed off look and all his friends are all gathered around my car.

"you think you still can embarass me, huh??" cocky guy remarks. "actually......., I just did!" i replied with a smile on my face. he gets in his car all mad, i yell to him "still wanna race my piece oooooo sh**?" (mocking the way he said it). as he tried to burn out leaving the pumps he stalls the **** car. take him 15 seconds to start it cause it wouldnt crank (i'm laughing histerically at this point), once he gets it started, peels wheels out of the gas station never to bee seen again.

seriously, these young kids need to stop watching these fast and the furious movies and get an education before they open their mouths.
Nice one...
Old 6/18/07, 07:03 PM
Cobra R Member

hey, I have nothing against imports per se, either...I do, however, have something against bad taste! My previous ride was a tastefully modded 96 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD (aka Mitsu Eclipse GSX), and I loved that car! It was darn quick and I took down my share of SN95s with it. As was stated before, with enough money, you can make any car fast.

What I can't stand are the a-holes who gotta talk smack about Fords or "Rustangs" and have no respect and are just plain ignorant. Nothing wrong with some honest competition, but people should give respect to the Mustang for what it truly is - one of the best "bang for the buck" rides on the planet, wrapped in a beautiful form.
Old 6/18/07, 08:19 PM
GT Member

i was at a Wawa (best convenient stores here around NJ) around 11 oclock @ night on a saturday a few weeks back and I pulled in to get some gas and a lot of the part time gas attendents are little ricer punks. so I pulled in. grabbed the nozzle started filling up my car. i ran inside to get a bottled water when as I'm paying for my water I looked out the window and of course 2 ricers pull up to the gas pumps to talk to their gas attendant friends (a honda civic and a 2000+ style mitsubishi eclipse) one of them slowly drove by my car to check it out. one of them gets out of the car and walks around my car and checks it out. so thinkin I have some fans, I walk on out and the guy gets back in his car and starts reving his fart can muffler, like it was suppose to impress me or something. so there's about 5 of them hanging out at the pumps, blaring their music and reving their so called fast engines.

so I grab the nozzle from the gas tank and put it back on the pump, as I'm doing it, i hear from behind me, "so you race this thing?" i said, "on ocassion, whenever I have time to get to atco" (atco is the nearest 1/4 track by my house). "yea, how fast is this?" "it's pretty fast", I said. "You wanna race and see what you got against this?" he replied. told him, "no thanks bro, I'll save you the embarassment in front of your friends" this is where he got all cocky and childish. "embarassment?, dude, my car will smoke yo piece ooo s**t. 250HP for a v8, I got 200HP out of a v6, intake, tune, pullies and exhaust put me up to 260HP, i got you by a mile! the new mustangs are the biggest piece of s**t ever made." as I'm standing there by my car I'm trying not to laugh histerically, but I had to let out a chuckle. he gets even more cocky and says "oh you think thats funny? you think gay racing stripes makes your car look cool?" at this point all his little buddies are laughing and taunting me on and I was just told him, "stay in school, get off the drugs, think before you speak cause you sure as h*ll dont know what your up against. and for your information, its 300HP stock for a v8!" so I get in my car and of course he keeps flapping his mouth and said "yea thats right, get into your piece oooo s**t ford, cause you aint got sh**!" i smiled and started the engine and of course the initial start up of a new mustang with SLP loudmouths...... "VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!" the stang is literally barking while idling in the roofed enclosed pump station, sound echo's off anything around the stang. they all turned and looked at me. and thats when i layed on the gas to make the SLPs scream, at the same time, sets off the cocky guy's mitsubishi eclipse alarm system. I started to laugh. the one attendant put his hands over his ears cause I guess the SLP sound was hurting his ears. the one kid from the group ran over to my driver side and said, "rev it again!" I reved it twice and he put his ear near the hood of my car, I reved it one last time. the kid popped up shocked and had his jaw dropped. points to my car , "dude, he's got a f**** blower!!!!!" so I got out of the car closed my door. 4 of them came to my car, "dude you got a blower????" stuck myself inside the window, popped the hood, lifted the hood. all four of them "WHOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAA, HOLY S***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, DAMMMMMMMMMNNNNN, GOD ****NNNNN" "yo what you pushing?" "close to 500HP" i said

the cocky guy standing by himself at his car with a p*ssed off look and all his friends are all gathered around my car.

"you think you still can embarass me, huh??" cocky guy remarks. "actually......., I just did!" i replied with a smile on my face. he gets in his car all mad, i yell to him "still wanna race my piece oooooo sh**?" (mocking the way he said it). as he tried to burn out leaving the pumps he stalls the **** car. take him 15 seconds to start it cause it wouldnt crank (i'm laughing histerically at this point), once he gets it started, peels wheels out of the gas station never to bee seen again.

seriously, these young kids need to stop watching these fast and the furious movies and get an education before they open their mouths.

I love it!!! You are my hero!!
Old 6/18/07, 08:28 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Lol made me smile. Haha
Old 6/18/07, 10:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

I dunno guys, for me I think it is everyday somebody commenting on how they like the looks of my ride, how they remember their current classic stang or one in their past or even an older hotrodder of vintage. I don't even waste my interest in ricers. Let them run in their pack...

I will stick with brothers in pony cars...

I admit, I had a fellow in an 87 or so 'Stang, who obiviously had done some engne work, and when he drove by looking at my ride, only snarled at me...I just waved and gave him a thumbs up...he flipped me off, gunned his motor, and raced away...

Life is too short to waste it on ppl who don't want to be friendly...

Personally, I would rather win a car show than a drag race...
Old 6/19/07, 12:15 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

i agree with rebel 73 and mach, the one thing i hate is people who diss the stang cause there are to many of them around. To me that means one thing "BEST selling car PERIOD" i get alot of people who tell me that the mustang is over rated because almost everyone has one or the stang has no power and i should have gotten a vette or a high-end import but all i can say is i have a true american muscle car that has been winning car shows and races since 1964.
Old 6/19/07, 12:25 AM
Bullitt Member

You win! Good day sir! I feel these words are appropriate:

Fatality! Flawless Victory!
Old 6/19/07, 12:28 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Cheese302
I still give a thumbs up to any nice looking import car i see on the road. its courtesy.

and also paul, you dont have much room to talk crap, you purposefully drive a chevy daily,
WITH ALL DUE RESPECT, I HOPE YOU MEAN STOCK IMPORTS
Old 6/19/07, 12:36 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Most Of My Friends Love Imports, Especially Riced Out Ones, And They Always Say, "oh My Geo Can Beat Any Mustang Even The New Gt." The Irony, His Car Is A 4cyl. And All He Has Is A Rice Spoiler And A Fart Can.

A Fellow High School S-197 Mustanger With A Roush Body Kit And Roush Exhaust Shut Him Up
Old 6/19/07, 04:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
For what it is worth, I like the S197 GT because it's affordable performance ($26k for 11.5: weight to hp ratio). In order to get this level of performance with a German car, expect to pay about $40k USD easily. The Japanese cars like the 350Z and G35 aren't that far away and cost slightly more, although they don't have the same style or class as the GT (rude/crude V8 muscle car).

Some of my colleagues make fun of me for buying a Stang (I guess they feel it's an old person car) but older gearheads are surprised that youngin's like me are interested in the retro styling. I have no plans to mod my car, which is why I wanted as much stock horsepower as possible for the lowest price. I couldn't get that anywhere else, and the Ford X-Plan was just icing on the cake.
Old 6/19/07, 09:47 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Burke0011
You said it Tony

I hear Mustang guys talking smack as well - but I think its just that so many of the people driving 'other' rides seem to have such an outright hate for the Stang....
It seems like every know-it-all punk has some derogatory remark about the Mustang, like, "they're not that fast" or "my civic can beat those" or " it's a domestic POS! they're not reliable..." or "Rustang" or "Found On Road Dead hahaha!"

I never insult imports or other makes unless they start something with me first.

So it's not about trash talking other makes/models of cars, it's about defending or standing up for ours. It's one of many reasons domestic cars are looked down upon these days. People constantly talk trash about domestics and hardly anyone defends them, they just go along with them and meekly say, "oh yes, I guess they're right...."

Quick Reply: Standing up for the S197 !