2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Standing up for the S197 !

Search this Thread

Old 6/22/07, 05:00 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mrkabc
Are you kidding me? Those forums are full of "yo yo I smoked that Rustang with my Nozzzzz and backwards baseball cap" type comments!
that shizznit tight, yo!
Old 6/22/07, 07:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

no. not really. i was pretty surprised. i'm registered on some of those forums actually and searched mustang. they hardly ever talk about us.

anyways, the s197 is an awesome car. i think older gen mustang owners don't like the s197 though. my friend drives a sn95 and he doesn't like the s197 at all.
Old 6/23/07, 08:42 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
have you noticed there ARE some and actually a lot of riced out mustangs, around my town anyways. YES they have big wings and fart cans-the whole 9 yards but guess what? all of them are 2.3 3.8 3.9 and one 4.0. no offence to V6 owners because SOME V6's are fast.

Its about taste guys and yea we all hate the guys that flip you off. But think about it! you make yourself believe your civic is the fastest thing ever, you top it out at 110.it does 0-60 in 2.5 hours. but then you race some POS 05 mustang GT that your friends moms aunt 2nd cousins dead uncle killed in his integra and you get killed by like 20 car lengths. i'd get ****ed too, but then again i wouldnt flip anyone off
Old 6/23/07, 10:31 PM
Closet American

I gotta say, no one has trashed my car yet. All I get are admiring stares, comments, and sometimes when I return to the car after leaving it parked for a while, even handprints on the glass.

On the other hand, when I'm driving, people's behavior towards me is very different. Case in point: today I was driving down the road being followed by a late model Acura TL. At one point I changed lanes and gave 'er some gas. Well, sure enough, the guy driving the TL instantly changes lanes to follow me and puts his foot into it to keep up with me. That kind of sh*t happens all the time >> people trying to keep up, tailgate, accelerate past me, etc. etc. etc. Most of the time, I just mind my own business and ignore them, confident in the knowledge that I could easily spank the vast majority of them if I so chose.
Old 6/24/07, 07:08 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
And yes you can spank the TL. My buddy likes to play catch-up with his too.
Old 6/24/07, 10:30 PM

Yeah, alot of times people may be just accellerating past you, tailing you, etc, without any concern of you being in a mustang.

I accellerate past/tail/etc cars of any make/model in the course of normal driving. If he's cutting efficiently through traffic/empty_road/etc, I might as well join in on the efficiency - whether he's in a Hyundai or a Ferarri. I sure hope every sporty car that I happen to be tailing through traffic doesn't think that I'm trying to show off to him...

I drive a Volvo, BTW.
Old 6/25/07, 07:11 AM

I have nothing against the imports, but I have issue with most of the people that drive them. Every Sat night I go to the local car cruise that is all american made cars only and it is a nice time. Poeple bring there families to look at the cars, socialize, listen to music, and eat.

The empty parking lot next door to the shopping plaza is where the imports meet on Friday nights. In that parking lot there is garbage, broken bottles, skid marks, etc...

So the actions of the people driving them is what gets to me.
Old 6/25/07, 11:33 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I really wasn't looking to post any stories in this thread, but what happened to me Saturday night takes the cake and goes to show the attitude and total lack of class these kids with "ricers" have. I was at a cruise night till after 9 pm. Next morning was going to a car show in Jersey, and I needed to wash the car (there is an awesome self-serve car wash I go to near my home). I have a bucket, microfiber mitt and everthing to clean the car with right.

Anyhow, I had to go to Sunoco just down the corner to break a $20. I'll go in, grab a drink, and get some $1's for the machine. My GT is at the pump (small station, NO parking) in plain site. I go in, and a line is at the counter. All are kids in their late teens early 20's. One kid says "nice car". "Thank you very much" I say. Then comes the chucklehead. He's about 20, sideways hat, horrible manners, horrible grammer, and pants that look like they were taken off the Michelin man, they were so big & loose. Here is what transpired:

Him: "Is that a GT?"
Me: "Yep."
Him: Is that a 5-speed?"
Me: "Yep."
Him: "Got anything done to it?"
Me: "Some things, longtubes, exhaust to name a few"
Him: "My car will smoke it!"
WTF? Where did that come from? I didn't ask, I didn't care, and he starts bragging about his car that ISN'T there. I just wanted to get going!

Me: "Good for you. I don't really care. I don't race, especially street race! I show my car"
Him: "I got a TT RX7, and it would smoke it"
Me: "Why are you trying to start S***?"
Him: "I'm not, just complimenting your car."
Me: "No you weren't. Your trying to start something."
Him: "I don't like american cars, I'm just a ricer"

There you have it. He said the magic word!!! He left in his friend's POS Pontiac Grand Am, and I got in my car a few minutes later and got the car washed. I should have told him, my car sounds better, but I just left it alone. Its the mentality that bothers me. I can go to ANY car show, cruise night, whatever and chat cars with ANYONE for hours. Heck, last night on the way back from the Jersey show, I saw a cruise night and pulled in. I figured I'd stay for a few minutes. That turned into 2 hours, as I was chatting with a fellow Mustang owner, and a nice fellow in a set-up late-model Camaro SS (L/Ts, and 400 hp to the wheels). We chatted about all cars. I can't do that with ricers. They won't come up and just chat. They stay in their own group. They don't want to talk to owners of Mustangs, Camaros, GTO's, etc. Just like the guy above me posted, its the actions that get to people.
Old 6/25/07, 12:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Don't even bother wastin your time racin any of those tools either. It's a waste of gas and wear and tear on your motor. I raced a few ricers before just to shut them up and I always get the same line in the end, you know, the ever popular, " Well, my car aint running right, wait till I get my car running right." Now I don't even bother at all, I give up and just blame it on their parents. My 07 Mustang GT is pretty quik but if I pull up next to a 67 Chevelle SS at a stop light I won't be sayin anything but compliments. It's the drivers not the cars.
Old 6/25/07, 12:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Just think of all the stuff the rice stuff that punk will learn when he is in the clink doing time. Yep Im gonna stereotype. I call it like I see it.
Old 6/25/07, 12:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by black sunshine
Don't even bother wastin your time racin any of those tools either. It's a waste of gas and wear and tear on your motor. I raced a few ricers before just to shut them up and I always get the same line in the end, you know, the ever popular, " Well, my car aint running right, wait till I get my car running right." Now I don't even bother at all, I give up and just blame it on their parents. My 07 Mustang GT is pretty quik but if I pull up next to a 67 Chevelle SS at a stop light I won't be sayin anything but compliments. It's the drivers not the cars.
Black Sunshine, I don't race AT ALL!! Thats why I said what I said. But your right 100% it isn't worth it for ANYONE to do it, especially on the street. Save it for the 1/4 mile!
Old 6/25/07, 03:06 PM
Cobra R Member

How 'bout "Wait til I get my turbo!"

My response,"Cool, then I'll only beat you by half as much!"
Old 6/25/07, 03:23 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by krnpimpsta
Yeah, alot of times people may be just accellerating past you, tailing you, etc, without any concern of you being in a mustang.

I accellerate past/tail/etc cars of any make/model in the course of normal driving. If he's cutting efficiently through traffic/empty_road/etc, I might as well join in on the efficiency - whether he's in a Hyundai or a Ferarri. I sure hope every sporty car that I happen to be tailing through traffic doesn't think that I'm trying to show off to him...

I drive a Volvo, BTW.
It's a completely different phenomenon from what I experienced when driving my previous car. So something is definitely going on.
Old 6/25/07, 04:26 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by krnpimpsta

I drive a Volvo, BTW.
Sure, but you don't get Lambo's and Viper's revving at you when you're in the Volvo. Trust me, there's lots of people who want a piece of the Pony.
Old 6/25/07, 04:42 PM
FR500 Member

Motorcycles and Trucks really get on my nerves in this regard. Just this weekend I had 4 motorcycles on 2 different occasions go screaming by me doing wheelies. As soon as they were past me, they calmed down and drove normally.
Old 6/25/07, 05:08 PM

Point taken. I guess I'll understand more fully in 6-8 weeks.
Old 6/25/07, 05:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
The Mustang is a benchmark in performance. Everyone knows mustangs are quik so if you go faster them a Mustang then whatever you are driving must be quick too. Everyone wants to say, "Look at me I'm faster then a Mustang" so that must mean I'm really fast. I say let em pass me if they feel the need to. I don't open the Mustang up for strangers on the street. It's for my enjoyment only.
Old 6/25/07, 08:26 PM

The Mustang is a benchmark in performance. I don't open the Mustang up for strangers on the street. It's for my enjoyment only.
Nicely said.

The Mustang is, for now, the performance benchmark for an affordable American car. And the relatively large amount of them on the street just amplifies this type of behavior from others.

The price we pay...........

I also see no need to open it up for strangers. Now give me a deserted road and a friend in the passenger seat, it's a whole different story.
Old 6/26/07, 09:37 AM
Cobra R Member

well whenever i encounter ricers. if they compliment my car, i in turn compliment theirs. Then if they start stuff about racing. I usually just say. oh ok, i believe you.

because honestly, i know that there is a chance that they could. i dont sit there and try to think, all they have is a fart can. all this and that. I dont sereo-type. Since i know a guy that built a vr6 jetta that two years ago ran in the 9.80's (if not faster) You look at the car, know its something else, not a ricer. But still there are other guys who might have something that crazy. I was on my way up to a friends place in north jersey once. Went by a kid that just got on the highway in a 200sx nissan. As i go past i see he has a couple gauges in the a pillar. Thought, i wonder if thats just to be funny or if he has something. Later on i see him in the rear view.... nice little front mount. Then he goes by me. yeah sr20det swap. real crazy. funniest part, It was the stock aqua color with stock rims on it. THen i saw it for sale a few months later.
Old 6/27/07, 07:41 PM

Prior to me getting my 05 gt...all of my experiences with mustang owners were exactly the opposite of ya'll stoires.....I have a 2004 srt-4 running 25 psi on a "super stock" turbo and 125 shot of nitrous, its Stock block, stock head, stock intake manifold, stock t/b, stock intercooler, stock pcm, stock injectors...i had invested 1800 into performance and put down 441whp on 100 shot of nitrous...about 2000 into suspension. I would be sitting at a stop light and GT owners would always pull up talking ****..saying how they have this this and that...and how my 4banger is stupid etc etc etc.. I was never out there talking **** just because...my car was done by me for me..my favorite times with that car were on a back road doing 4th gear pulls tuning my af/r. Yes alot of "ricers" talk **** and are ignorant...but exactly like all of yall say...they are young stupid and dont really have a life yet...what do you expect? Im only 22 but already am married, have a mortgage and make 130K plus a year...so im not the average 22 year old. I LOVE MY gt..i've only had it for a few months and I do enjoy driving it more than my srt...how ever...not because its fast or feels even remotely fast...just because Its just fun to drive. Yes im sure i could do a supercharger kit or turbo kit and make 500whp but for what? spend another 6K just to still be slower than my srt? I'll pass. Anything can be fast..but for how much? After spending under 4K on my car and having a 126 mph trap and doing it reliably (3 years 68K miles) and ONLY parts i have ever broken are axels and 2 clutches....i just cant justify spending another 6K ontop of the 5K i've already invested in the gt...but to each their own. So As all of yall sit here talking about how stupid ricers talk **** etc etc etc..remember..there are just as many stupid mustang owners doing the same thing.

Quick Reply: Standing up for the S197 !