2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Standing up for the S197 !

Search this Thread

Old 6/18/07, 12:54 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Standing up for the S197 !

He he,

why do all the ricers use our cars as a benchmark for their meager performance? I was at the local 7-11 purchasing the latest issue of MM & FF with the Steeda Q335 on the cover, and the clerk ringing me up tells the other one, "My buddy with a 97 Eclipse GST says he beat one of these recently". Being the smart-*** I am, I couldn't keep my mouth shut and retorted, "He won't beat mine. I have a Whipple-charged one with 500+ horsepower."

CLERK: "well, that's different. That's Vette territory."

ME: "Well, even stock for stock, it won't happen. Unless the Eclipse has a turbo upgrade and the Stang is stock, I can't see it happening. I know because I used to drive one (a 96 Talon Tsi AWD)."

CLERKS: "uhhh, ok".

ME: "Have a nice evening"

Anyone else have similar tales to share? I always find this amusing!
Old 6/18/07, 06:04 AM
Cobra Member

My wife and I stopped by a Chrysler dealership to look at the 300's and such. I was looking at the Charger R/T and it's very heavy price tag when the salesman walked up looking at my stang and said "Do you want to trade her in?" I replied "Why would I want to pay more money to go slower!"
He went on about 325 HP and all that but lost his sense of humor when I told I weigh less, have better gearing and I'll still beat him! Was I being rude?

Old 6/18/07, 08:00 AM
Team Mustang Source

well this story is just standing up for mustangs in general:

i was at a Wawa (best convenient stores here around NJ) around 11 oclock @ night on a saturday a few weeks back and I pulled in to get some gas and a lot of the part time gas attendents are little ricer punks. so I pulled in. grabbed the nozzle started filling up my car. i ran inside to get a bottled water when as I'm paying for my water I looked out the window and of course 2 ricers pull up to the gas pumps to talk to their gas attendant friends (a honda civic and a 2000+ style mitsubishi eclipse) one of them slowly drove by my car to check it out. one of them gets out of the car and walks around my car and checks it out. so thinkin I have some fans, I walk on out and the guy gets back in his car and starts reving his fart can muffler, like it was suppose to impress me or something. so there's about 5 of them hanging out at the pumps, blaring their music and reving their so called fast engines.

so I grab the nozzle from the gas tank and put it back on the pump, as I'm doing it, i hear from behind me, "so you race this thing?" i said, "on ocassion, whenever I have time to get to atco" (atco is the nearest 1/4 track by my house). "yea, how fast is this?" "it's pretty fast", I said. "You wanna race and see what you got against this?" he replied. told him, "no thanks bro, I'll save you the embarassment in front of your friends" this is where he got all cocky and childish. "embarassment?, dude, my car will smoke yo piece ooo s**t. 250HP for a v8, I got 200HP out of a v6, intake, tune, pullies and exhaust put me up to 260HP, i got you by a mile! the new mustangs are the biggest piece of s**t ever made." as I'm standing there by my car I'm trying not to laugh histerically, but I had to let out a chuckle. he gets even more cocky and says "oh you think thats funny? you think gay racing stripes makes your car look cool?" at this point all his little buddies are laughing and taunting me on and I was just told him, "stay in school, get off the drugs, think before you speak cause you sure as h*ll dont know what your up against. and for your information, its 300HP stock for a v8!" so I get in my car and of course he keeps flapping his mouth and said "yea thats right, get into your piece oooo s**t ford, cause you aint got sh**!" i smiled and started the engine and of course the initial start up of a new mustang with SLP loudmouths...... "VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!" the stang is literally barking while idling in the roofed enclosed pump station, sound echo's off anything around the stang. they all turned and looked at me. and thats when i layed on the gas to make the SLPs scream, at the same time, sets off the cocky guy's mitsubishi eclipse alarm system. I started to laugh. the one attendant put his hands over his ears cause I guess the SLP sound was hurting his ears. the one kid from the group ran over to my driver side and said, "rev it again!" I reved it twice and he put his ear near the hood of my car, I reved it one last time. the kid popped up shocked and had his jaw dropped. points to my car , "dude, he's got a f**** blower!!!!!" so I got out of the car closed my door. 4 of them came to my car, "dude you got a blower????" stuck myself inside the window, popped the hood, lifted the hood. all four of them "WHOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAA, HOLY S***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, DAMMMMMMMMMNNNNN, GOD ****NNNNN" "yo what you pushing?" "close to 500HP" i said
"SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH****************TTTTTTTTTT!! !!"

the cocky guy standing by himself at his car with a p*ssed off look and all his friends are all gathered around my car.

"you think you still can embarass me, huh??" cocky guy remarks. "actually......., I just did!" i replied with a smile on my face. he gets in his car all mad, i yell to him "still wanna race my piece oooooo sh**?" (mocking the way he said it). as he tried to burn out leaving the pumps he stalls the **** car. take him 15 seconds to start it cause it wouldnt crank (i'm laughing histerically at this point), once he gets it started, peels wheels out of the gas station never to bee seen again.

seriously, these young kids need to stop watching these fast and the furious movies and get an education before they open their mouths.
Old 6/18/07, 08:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

LOL Maverick,

Thats the best post I've read in a long time, put a big fat smile on my face. That post alone makes me want to max my credit card and get a Whipple
Old 6/18/07, 09:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Absolutely incredible, Mav
Old 6/18/07, 09:42 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Maverick, I think that story needs to be posted in a magazine. I know what you mean, the young punks these days pretty much all lack respect and think that they know everything when it comes to cars.
Old 6/18/07, 10:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Good one Mav ..... know exactally what you are talking about... Street racing and Drift racing are both very big down here in Tampa...all kids in thier Mid-to-Late teens spending thier parents money!!!
Old 6/18/07, 10:14 AM
Cobra R Member

sorry: i have to disagree with all of you guys. i am sooooo sick of anything not a ford mustang being trashed and wiped all up and down the floor. Granted that kid sounds to be a bit of a tool, but talking trash back to him just eggs him on. however a lot of mustang guys are seen as being the not so easiest to get along with. this kid has his car which i am sure he is working very hard to keep up on his own, probably does all his own work and just likes to talk crap. but i mean seriously. I am a HUGE vw nut, i have to cover thier backs on all of these mustang forums, but then when i posted on vortex that i am selling my mkIII (although to my father, so i still get to drive it) and buying the mustang most guys just said thats cool, hopefully you'll be back someday. And i will. It wont be the fastest car on the planet, but i am also not going to just say.. OH i am SOOOOOOOO much better because i have a blower on my motor, feel the wrath. we all have our mustangs for a reason, other guys have whatever they drive for a reason as well. because of that, just because they dont have, or dont like the mustang... doesnt mean they are wrong and you are right. I still give a thumbs up to any nice looking import car i see on the road. its courtesy.

and also paul, you dont have much room to talk crap, you purposefully drive a chevy daily,
Old 6/18/07, 10:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
I knew this guy who stuffed a built chevy 350 into a chevette. He had a motor professionaly build from a machine shop and put all kinds of money into the car because he wanted to be fast and beat as many people as he could in street races with a chevette. And after investing about 10,000 dollars into this car it was friggin fast. I mean scary fast. No one could beat him. But unfortunately at the end of the day when all was said and done in was still only a chevette. You can make anything go fast if you pump enough money into it, But when all's said and done, "speed aint nothin without class"
Old 6/18/07, 10:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Cheese302
sorry: i have to disagree with all of you guys. i am sooooo sick of anything not a ford mustang being trashed and wiped all up and down the floor. Granted that kid sounds to be a bit of a tool, but talking trash back to him just eggs him on. however a lot of mustang guys are seen as being the not so easiest to get along with. this kid has his car which i am sure he is working very hard to keep up on his own, probably does all his own work and just likes to talk crap. but i mean seriously. I am a HUGE vw nut, i have to cover thier backs on all of these mustang forums, but then when i posted on vortex that i am selling my mkIII (although to my father, so i still get to drive it) and buying the mustang most guys just said thats cool, hopefully you'll be back someday. And i will. It wont be the fastest car on the planet, but i am also not going to just say.. OH i am SOOOOOOOO much better because i have a blower on my motor, feel the wrath. we all have our mustangs for a reason, other guys have whatever they drive for a reason as well. because of that, just because they dont have, or dont like the mustang... doesnt mean they are wrong and you are right. I still give a thumbs up to any nice looking import car i see on the road. its courtesy.

and also paul, you dont have much room to talk crap, you purposefully drive a chevy daily,
I totally agree dude, although I'm not totally innocent. I've made fun of "ricers" before. I think what we're forgetting is the "people" with that attitude driving the imports are the problem. I don't care if a guy has a 1996 hyundai Accent painted lime green with dragon graphics on it and a fart can. If I pull into a 7-11 or something and he talks crap about all the stuff he did to his car.... that's cool. Everyone likes to brag about what they've done to their cars. I know that wasn't the case here, but we should make fun of the people that act like jerks. leave the poor cars out of it.....they didn't do anything wrong.

My DD is a modified 2003 Dinan 540i. I love it. In some ways I like it better than my Mustang. It's fast, nimble, and handles like it's riding on rails. It can also beat "most" cars that I come accross. It hung with my GT before I put the blower on. I get tired of defending my mustang on the BMW boards and vice versa on the mustang boards. There is no "better or worse." It's all perception.

With that being said, I'm not going to knock Paul for his daily driver. That trailblazer SS kicks a$$!! Besides, its much better than that 350z ricer he used to drive!
Old 6/18/07, 11:02 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by MaverickMLFD371
well this story is just standing up for mustangs in general:

i was at a Wawa (best convenient stores here around NJ) around 11 oclock @ night on a saturday a few weeks back and I pulled in to get some gas and a lot of the part time gas attendents are little ricer punks. so I pulled in. grabbed the nozzle started filling up my car. i ran inside to get a bottled water when as I'm paying for my water I looked out the window and of course 2 ricers pull up to the gas pumps to talk to their gas attendant friends (a honda civic and a 2000+ style mitsubishi eclipse) one of them slowly drove by my car to check it out. one of them gets out of the car and walks around my car and checks it out. so thinkin I have some fans, I walk on out and the guy gets back in his car and starts reving his fart can muffler, like it was suppose to impress me or something. so there's about 5 of them hanging out at the pumps, blaring their music and reving their so called fast engines.

so I grab the nozzle from the gas tank and put it back on the pump, as I'm doing it, i hear from behind me, "so you race this thing?" i said, "on ocassion, whenever I have time to get to atco" (atco is the nearest 1/4 track by my house). "yea, how fast is this?" "it's pretty fast", I said. "You wanna race and see what you got against this?" he replied. told him, "no thanks bro, I'll save you the embarassment in front of your friends" this is where he got all cocky and childish. "embarassment?, dude, my car will smoke yo piece ooo s**t. 250HP for a v8, I got 200HP out of a v6, intake, tune, pullies and exhaust put me up to 260HP, i got you by a mile! the new mustangs are the biggest piece of s**t ever made." as I'm standing there by my car I'm trying not to laugh histerically, but I had to let out a chuckle. he gets even more cocky and says "oh you think thats funny? you think gay racing stripes makes your car look cool?" at this point all his little buddies are laughing and taunting me on and I was just told him, "stay in school, get off the drugs, think before you speak cause you sure as h*ll dont know what your up against. and for your information, its 300HP stock for a v8!" so I get in my car and of course he keeps flapping his mouth and said "yea thats right, get into your piece oooo s**t ford, cause you aint got sh**!" i smiled and started the engine and of course the initial start up of a new mustang with SLP loudmouths...... "VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!" the stang is literally barking while idling in the roofed enclosed pump station, sound echo's off anything around the stang. they all turned and looked at me. and thats when i layed on the gas to make the SLPs scream, at the same time, sets off the cocky guy's mitsubishi eclipse alarm system. I started to laugh. the one attendant put his hands over his ears cause I guess the SLP sound was hurting his ears. the one kid from the group ran over to my driver side and said, "rev it again!" I reved it twice and he put his ear near the hood of my car, I reved it one last time. the kid popped up shocked and had his jaw dropped. points to my car , "dude, he's got a f**** blower!!!!!" so I got out of the car closed my door. 4 of them came to my car, "dude you got a blower????" stuck myself inside the window, popped the hood, lifted the hood. all four of them "WHOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAA, HOLY S***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, DAMMMMMMMMMNNNNN, GOD ****NNNNN" "yo what you pushing?" "close to 500HP" i said
"SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH****************TTTTTTTTTT!! !!"

the cocky guy standing by himself at his car with a p*ssed off look and all his friends are all gathered around my car.

"you think you still can embarass me, huh??" cocky guy remarks. "actually......., I just did!" i replied with a smile on my face. he gets in his car all mad, i yell to him "still wanna race my piece oooooo sh**?" (mocking the way he said it). as he tried to burn out leaving the pumps he stalls the **** car. take him 15 seconds to start it cause it wouldnt crank (i'm laughing histerically at this point), once he gets it started, peels wheels out of the gas station never to bee seen again.

seriously, these young kids need to stop watching these fast and the furious movies and get an education before they open their mouths.
Bro, I'm giving you a call later. I gotta know about this!!!
Old 6/18/07, 11:07 AM
Cobra Member

The problem is not that someone is driving a ricer or otherwise... It is the total lack of respect and trash talking that most of them do. The sheer ignorance that they display is amazing! I learned early on that your car is only as quick as the amount of money you spend on it and someone will always have more money than you. That being said I like some ricers... Just like I like hotrods, muscle cars, 4 wheelers, ect... I, and most people who like cars enough to mod them, appreciate someone's car and the hard work they put into it no matter what it is. Just don't give me that attitude cause some other jerk gave you one.
Old 6/18/07, 11:09 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by HiRoller
I totally agree dude, although I'm not totally innocent. I've made fun of "ricers" before. I think what we're forgetting is the "people" with that attitude driving the imports are the problem. I don't care if a guy has a 1996 hyundai Accent painted lime green with dragon graphics on it and a fart can. If I pull into a 7-11 or something and he talks crap about all the stuff he did to his car.... that's cool. Everyone likes to brag about what they've done to their cars. I know that wasn't the case here, but we should make fun of the people that act like jerks. leave the poor cars out of it.....they didn't do anything wrong.

My DD is a modified 2003 Dinan 540i. I love it. In some ways I like it better than my Mustang. It's fast, nimble, and handles like it's riding on rails. It can also beat "most" cars that I come accross. It hung with my GT before I put the blower on. I get tired of defending my mustang on the BMW boards and vice versa on the mustang boards. There is no "better or worse." It's all perception.

With that being said, I'm not going to knock Paul for his daily driver. That trailblazer SS kicks a$$!! Besides, its much better than that 350z ricer he used to drive!
out of those two i would drive an s2000.. lol
Old 6/18/07, 11:12 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by HiRoller

Lee, you hit it on the head. I'll let people talk. Its when they turn arrogant, and downright cocky, that irks me to no end. And about Mav's daily driver, I won't knock it. That TB SS is FAST! Plus Lee your Dinan is a BAD (and rare) car dude!!! Both are nice vehicles. Too bad you couldn't join us in Bordentown 2 Sunday's ago. 6 Euro only BMW's pulled in. A Euro M6 ('84 I think), Euro E28 M5 ('89), Euro E30 M3 Convertible (they didn't even sell that vehicle here), E30 M3 coupe, a 3.0 CSI, and a 2002 ti. Nice batch of rare BMW's and the owners couldn't have been friendlier.
Old 6/18/07, 11:34 AM
Team Mustang Source

i really have nothing against imports. Lee drives a great rare car as a daily driver, and well due to cheese302, I've grown to get into the vw cars, cause I have a few other friends that drive them too. I'll admit i had a grudge against imports, but I grew to them a bit cause there are some good import cars out there, I will give them that. you'll see me going to the autoshows and checking out the import scenes and you'll see me go to "hot imports night" every year just to see what its all about. I dont go in there starting fights and bash on imports. if i had a import as a daily driver it would be a subaru or a nissan. 2 great car manufacturers. but it was just the sheer cockyness of this guy that approached me. but when I said "I didnt want to embarass you in front of your friends", I meant that as a joke ha ha, laugh about it and talk about cars for a bit, but he took it to another level and thats where you know the maturity level of people when they go off like that.

and yes I drive a chevy as a daily driver, I'll admit it.
Old 6/18/07, 11:37 AM
Cobra Member

Don't get me wrong... I don't like trash talking from anyone be they ricers, Fords, Chevys, Mopars, ect... I don't mind good natured joshing and the like from friends and or competitors.
Old 6/18/07, 11:59 AM
Cobra R Member

without ricers who would we annialate (sp?)???
Old 6/18/07, 12:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by DynamicmustangGT
Cobalts?
Old 6/18/07, 12:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Sorry if I missled earlier... I have nothing against any specific make or model of car, esp. is someone actually puts thier sweat into it. I go to all the HIN and IASCA shows around and meet with all the distributers and manufactures of the items people put on thier cars, along with take pics of these Imports. I actually grew up with tthe street racing team here it Tampa....that is why I know so many of the people here who have these cars don't do most of this work themselves they use thier parents money and just pay people to do everything for them. Once again for clarification...anyone who actually pours thier sweat into anything they do has bragging rights....just know your limits and what you are up against!!!
Old 6/18/07, 12:18 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by DynamicmustangGT
all i think about when you say that is "why do i have to annialate anyone?"

Quick Reply: Standing up for the S197 !