2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

*SIGH*! Out of Country for a MONTH!

Search this Thread

Old 3/28/05, 07:17 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
triple SIGHS :bang: I was out of the country for the past month, and I was under the strong impression that during that month I would be atleast scheduled, but I came back on Friday (had to wait until today to check my status since the robot lady was on vacation ) and I'm STILL clean and unscheduled!!! :notnice: I ordered the middle of December! I know for a fact that I'll get my car because I ordered so early, and honestly I only wanted it in the summer, but it's still a major bummer waiting for a scheduled date. Any ideas on what I can do to get it moving since I ordered in DECEMBER?!?! Can somebody with influence please help me? I'll give you my order number, etc. Thanks guys!
Old 3/28/05, 07:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by futurestang@March 28, 2005, 8:20 PM
triple SIGHS :bang: I was out of the country for the past month, and I was under the strong impression that during that month I would be atleast scheduled, but I came back on Friday (had to wait until today to check my status since the robot lady was on vacation ) and I'm STILL clean and unscheduled!!! :notnice: I ordered the middle of December! I know for a fact that I'll get my car because I ordered so early, and honestly I only wanted it in the summer, but it's still a major bummer waiting for a scheduled date. Any ideas on what I can do to get it moving since I ordered in DECEMBER?!?! Can somebody with influence please help me? I'll give you my order number, etc. Thanks guys!

Welcome to the waiting club.. :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
Old 3/28/05, 07:24 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

If you find someone to help...send him my way when you're finished! It's because the allocation system wasn't designed for a hot seller like this. :bang:
Old 3/28/05, 07:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Maybe your dealer just doesn't have the allocations, I order mine in mid-January and it will be in SoCal on the 31st. It was in Kansas this morning. It just doesn't seem fair that I would get mine before someone who ordered Oct. Nov. or Dec.. But I guess the system isn't built for that.
Old 3/28/05, 07:30 PM
GT Member

Oh I should also mention that my sales manager now refuses to return my calls I find it a bit amusing actually, in a sense I understand his position because there's not much he can do. But after taking my deposit ($1000), he REFUSED to give me a DORA or tell me what my priority number is, and to this date I still don't know. Is this ethical? Can somebody tell me my priority number with my order number? I got the order number after nagging people at the dealership for a month. BTW I ordered from the largest Ford dealer in Washington state, bill pierre, so how can this be an allocation issue? Am I being jacked around? The way I figure it, the only way this could happen is if he gave me a low priority. Am I interpreting this right?
Old 3/28/05, 07:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by futurestang@March 28, 2005, 8:33 PM
Oh I should also mention that my sales manager now refuses to return my calls I find it a bit amusing actually, in a sense I understand his position because there's not much he can do. But after taking my deposit ($1000), he REFUSED to give me a DORA or tell me what my priority number is, and to this date I still don't know. Is this ethical? Can somebody tell me my priority number with my order number? I got the order number after nagging people at the dealership for a month. BTW I ordered from the largest Ford dealer in Washington state, bill pierre, so how can this be an allocation issue? Am I being jacked around? The way I figure it, the only way this could happen is if he gave me a low priority. Am I interpreting this right?

Skip the dealer and talk to the inventory control manager. That is the only one who tells me what number I am on the order list/priority number etc.
Old 3/28/05, 08:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ouch that hurts!! That is a def. :bang:. Have you tried to contact your dealer vigorously??

Matt
Old 3/28/05, 08:06 PM
GT Member

I have, yes. I keep calling, and all my sales manager tells me is that, and I quote "we placed your order, you have checked the status yourself so you know there is an active order, there is NOTHING MORE we can do." What can I do people?? Suggestions please!

Originally posted by 05WindveilGT@March 28, 2005, 9:04 PM
Ouch that hurts!! That is a def. :bang:. Have you tried to contact your dealer vigorously??

Matt
Old 3/28/05, 08:08 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

After he took your $1,000 he refuses to talk to you? Man, that is one lousy dealer! I would insist on talking to the General Manager and demand a copy of your DORA. If that doesn't work, talk to the owner of the dealership. If that doesn't work, contact the Regional Rep. They have no reason not to show you the DORA....unless of course they have assigned you a priority you won't be happy with. Also, tell them you want a copy of the DORA so you can make sure the order has been placed exactly as you specified.
Old 3/28/05, 08:11 PM
GT Member

Yah, can you believe that? The dealership took my $1000 deposit, and refuses to give me a DORA, and now he refuses to talk to me. I lived with that for the past 3 months simply because I had the order number which I confirmed with Ford, so I figured that's all I really needed. Now that it's been 3 months since the order without a scheduled date, that leads me to believe something is going on. I know the order is placed and active for 3 months and yet no movement on a date. I don't understand what's going on! I gotta talk to somebody higher up I think like you suggested.

Originally posted by outdoorstom@March 28, 2005, 9:11 PM
After he took your $1,000 he refuses to talk to you? Man, that is one lousy dealer! I would insist on talking to the General Manager and demand a copy of your DORA. If that doesn't work, talk to the owner of the dealership. If that doesn't work, contact the Regional Rep. They have no reason not to show you the DORA....unless of course they have assigned you a priority you won't be happy with. Also, tell them you want a copy of the DORA so you can make sure the order has been placed exactly as you specified.
Old 3/28/05, 09:45 PM
FR500 Member

u december guys r due.....definitely
Old 3/29/05, 12:49 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by RaGsHoCkEy88@March 28, 2005, 8:48 PM
u december guys r due.....definitely
Don't forget about us November guys :bang:
Old 3/29/05, 05:16 PM
9 is not my lucky number.