2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Should I fight my window tint ticket?

Search this Thread

Old 7/8/07, 12:38 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Boltzman
I would still like to know why tint is legal in some states and not others if its a safety issue..Speeding is a safety issue and is illegal in all states
For the same reason most southern states go by federal standards when it comes to vehicle searches and things like that and I live and work in a communist state that affords the criminals so many rights that it is **** near impossible for me to legally get into a car. Diffrent states do things diffrently. Did your parents rule the house the same way your neighbors parents did?

I think the biggest thing that people forget is that driving is a privlidge and if you don't want to obide by the rules established with that privlidge... you don't have drive.
Old 7/8/07, 01:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess I will toss my hat in the ring...

I have tint, legal in Missouri. I have limo on my back window and I suppose it will be difficult for an officer to see inside as he walks up to my legally tinted drivers window. I guess my real question is how often does a law enforcement officer walk up to a tinted Mustang, knowing that it is not likely stolen (I believe it is normal procedure to run plates before heading up to the vehicle?) and what odds that there is even a person in the back? My 12 yr old barely fits back there...

Even so, I roll my windows down, and keep my hands where they can see them. I treat them with respect. I have NO desire to have their jobs and even at your OT pay stated, you don't get paid enough...

I personally think that all law enforcement guys have a screw loose to take a chance with their lives daily . I do admit they are a necessary evil and thank every one I see. I look at them like I do American Servicemen or firemen. While I don't want to be one, I am **** glad they chose to serve and do all I can to help them...
Old 7/8/07, 01:17 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Originally Posted by Trooper4985
Did you ask your mommy if it's ok to use her computer? Are you F'ing kidding me... isn't it better to just let mopes drive right on by you? Knock Knock... my job is arresting people and in order to arrest people I must have contact with those that are doing something wrong. You have obviously lived a very sheltered life and don't have the ability to think like a police officer so I wont try to explain how policing is done.

My paycheck is proof positive that you don't need some piece of paper to hang on your wall (because it makes you feel special) to be a productive member of society. The funnny thing about this whole discussion... I have it on pretty much a weekly basis in real life. If you don't like the laws of the state you are living in... do something to get them changed... or better yet... move!
wow and every response you give on here is exactly why people dont like cops. My question was a legitimate question and it makes sense. If it is dangerous to approach a vehicle that you can not see into, and no other crime has been committed then common sense would dictate that it wouldnt be safe to pull the person over just because they have tint. But then again you would have to have common sense to get this and being a cop you obviously would be lacking this abilitly.

and your job is not to arrest people. that is again why people dont like cops. you think your job is to arrest and give people tickets its not. your job is to protect and serve the citizens of your community and to uphold the law. If the requires arresting someone then so be it. I would love to be pulled over by you here because after my long list of questions to assert my rights my last one would be if you were allowed to issue me a warning, and I couldnt wait for your answer "Im not here to give warnings, Im here to write tickets" so I can take it before a judge and a full courtroom to embarrass the heck out of you by having it thrown out; that is if you can make it that far in the stop.

No wonder your AIM screenname is a self proclamation of being a KuruptKop!

as for my way of life, you dont know anything about me buddy. Ive lived all over this world and in some very bad areas, probably much worse than whereever you live and work and all that I have I have worked hard for and make your pathetic amount of money you brag about seem dismal, even your whopping $55.65 hour for overtime. BTW what city do you enforce the law in? It better be somewhere like Inglewood or Compton with how much you are talking about how unsafe it is to be a cop. Oh wait I see you are in the upstate area......yeah real ghetto there! I am also curious since we are discussing car mods, because I see you have 5% tint on your car which is illegal in NY ON ALL WINDOWS! You also are planning on removing the cats which is also illegal in NY, I wouldnt be suprised if cams and longtubes are illegal as well, yet you intend on adding those to your car. Way to go you hypocritical criminal.

To whoever it was that made the retarded statement about tint is not an officer safety issue... it's about revenue... I'm sure you live in some nice community where you aren't affected by crime... guess what genious... the world is a bad place and there are plenty of people out there that would just as soon hurt you as say hi to you. I propose this... you try to imagine what it's like to know that simply because of the job you do and the uniform you wear that there is a certain few in society that are intent on causing you serious bodily harm or death. When you are man enough to walk up to a car you can't see into at 3am, in the section of town that has a drive by or home invasion about once a week and is infested with maximum security prison families... then come talk to me about how silly you think tint laws are.
yes I thankfully live in a nice neighborhood now where I no longer have to worry about such crap, but I worked hard to do so. Ive lived in areas where I was shot at walking down the street, was at a party when a drive by occurred, been caught in the middle of a gang fight and was stabbed on accident, so dont talk to me about being tough, it isnt about being a tough "man," survival is about being smart. And I would be smart enough to not approach a car I couldnt see into at 3am in a bad neighborhood if the only crime committed was illegal tint; that is just stupid. Now if I were sworn to uphold the law and the suspect was guilty of more than just tint then yes I would do my duty and approach the vehicle in the safest manner possible. But to me if you are stopping people at 3am for illegal tint then you dont really live in a high crime area. For instance having crimes like home invasion, robbery, theft, vandalism, domestic disturbances, abuse, drugs, even murder occur at least once a week in just about every town; even this real nice upper class community I live in. Try living and working in an area where all of that happens every day if not every hour. Oh and BTW in case you havent figured it out yet in your illusterous career as a trooper, if someone was hellbent on harming you they would do it with or without tint on the car. The tint does not make them any more of a criminal.

Have all the ill will you want towards Law Enforcement... the pen is mightier than the mouth... We always win
and yet another jerk comment and reason people dont like cops. You sir are a parasite on society and give cops a very bad name.

Originally Posted by 98YELLOWGT
I'm not saying you don't but Please wear your seatbelt so that if/or when you rear end my stang your dead body doesn't fly thru my glass and kill me.
Nobody cares about your safety.
I do wear my seatbelt but I dont give a shat if anyone else on the road does so I dont feel they should get a ticket if they dont want to, Id actually prefer that natural selection take its course and morons like that are weeded out. I know it sounds mean but if youve ever been in Cali for more than 2 minutes youd realize that it is overpopulated with idiots. But if someone were to rear end you hard enough to send them flying not only through their windshield but your rear one as well, you most likely have bigger issues at hand than a dead body.

Originally Posted by Boltzman
I would still like to know why tint is legal in some states and not others if its a safety issue..Speeding is a safety issue and is illegal in all states
because its solely about fund raising, not about safety, and some states need more money than others and some states, like cali, have so many people on the road that it is a giant cash cow, whereas smaller more rural states it wouldnt make a big difference. The safety excuse is complete bs, anyone with common sense can see that.
Old 7/8/07, 01:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Old 7/8/07, 01:25 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

For the same reason most southern states go by federal standards when it comes to vehicle searches and things like that and I live and work in a communist state that affords the criminals so many rights that it is **** near impossible for me to legally get into a car. Diffrent states do things diffrently. Did your parents rule the house the same way your neighbors parents did?

I think the biggest thing that people forget is that driving is a privlidge and if you don't want to obide by the rules established with that privlidge... you don't have drive.
you didnt answer his question at all, once again you missed the point. If it is deemed by ALL law enforcement and is a general consensus by law makers that it is unsafe then how come some states would just say "ahhhh forget it, we dont care about the safety of our officers" or that the federal government would say the same thing and not make it a federally mandated law. It is left up to the states and some states obviously dont feel that it is a safety hazard, so whos right?

and you do not live in a communist state. Are you a complete moron? do you even know what communism is? the reason for the laws are two fold
1. to keep you from fudging up your job and allowing them to go free because
2. it is every citizens constitutional right to not have their privacy invaded just because a cop has a hunch. It is to protect those that are innocent as their rights would surely be trampled by people like you more so than a guilty person would get off because you did your job correctly. It is a system of checks and balances and this keeps government policing agency from obtaining absolute corrupt power and protects the law abiding citizens. It is better off to let a hundred guilty people go free then it is to send one innocent one to jail or worse.
Old 7/8/07, 01:47 PM
Cobra Member

When I was a teenager in Los Angeles (back in the 70's) we were taught that standard practice when getting pulled over by LAPD or CHP was to place your hands on the dash, look the officer in the eyes, and say things like "yes sir", "no sir", etc. Why? Because they guys have a tough job, have to deal with people who don't appreciate or respect what they do, and believe that they are, in some cases, above the law. OK it was also because they'd beat the tar out of you for back-talking them!

Like it or not these are the laws of our land! Like it or not you either have to live within these laws... or lobby the legislature to change them! I've spent time in many different nations in my life... believe it or not our laws are a heck of a lot more fair than in some countries. Want an example? Back when I lived in Yuma Arizona a Marine from the local Air station accidently crossed the border into Mexico with a SPENT shell casing in the back of his vehicle. The border guards found it, arrested him, and he stayed in jail till the US Government was finally able to get him released. We're not talking about live ammunition here! We're talking a shell casing with NO usable primer, NO projectile, and NO gun powder other than residue!

As unfair as some of our laws may seem I can think of much worse places to live...
Old 7/8/07, 04:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

To OP:
You broke the law, fix your tint. You may not like the law but it is the law.
Old 7/8/07, 05:24 PM
Cobra Member

Can we get one of our many trigger-happy mods to either close this thread or move it to OT? It's time to put it to bed.
Old 7/8/07, 05:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by RobK
Can we get one of our many trigger-happy mods to either close this thread or move it to OT? It's time to put it to bed.
+1. I agree, and a certain member has resorted to calling our friendly trooper a jerk and a parasite (quote: and yet another jerk comment and reason people dont like cops. You sir are a parasite on society and give cops a very bad name.; end quote) . He should be warned about such things and his posts removed for personal attacks.
Old 7/8/07, 06:34 PM
Bullitt Member

When you deal with people it is not always black and white. You should deal with it in an individual basis. If you don't do this you will get resentment.

Looks like the other guy attacked rich first.
Old 7/8/07, 06:50 PM
Bullitt Member

+1. I agree, and a certain member has resorted to calling our friendly trooper a jerk and a parasite (quote: and yet another jerk comment and reason people dont like cops. You sir are a parasite on society and give cops a very bad name.; end quote) . He should be warned about such things and his posts removed for personal attacks
PHSSHH please!
Personal attacks? How about "Getting the king off his high horse"?

my job is arresting people
the pen is mightier than the mouth... We always win
You are probably just jealous that his place in society grants him complete control over you
You have obviously lived a very sheltered life and don't have the ability to think like a police officer
Trooper's just a snarky little man who feels snide remarks are necessary to make a point. This is clearly the kind of egotistical meathead who you read about after he pumps 36 bullets into a guy cause he's black.

And if anyone's wondering, I'm white.
Old 7/8/07, 07:27 PM
Cobra Member

Old 7/8/07, 07:52 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
ok that's it... shows over...