2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Scoop

Search this Thread

Old 5/22/04, 02:40 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is a "Select Dealer" Are they the hi-volume guys or is it something else?
Old 5/22/04, 04:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
something like that. Most likely since "blue oval" is on the way out, Select Dealers will most likely be the ones that have better then average sales, survey scores, and ratio of certified trained salespeople. The GT supercar is a "reward" car for outstanding dealers, and SVT certification or not has no bearing on it. From what I understand, all dealerships will be able to recieve SVT products next time around.
Old 5/22/04, 06:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by kevinb120@May. 22nd, 2004, 4:01 PM
something like that. Most likely since "blue oval" is on the way out, Select Dealers will most likely be the ones that have better then average sales, survey scores, and ratio of certified trained salespeople. The GT supercar is a "reward" car for outstanding dealers, and SVT certification or not has no bearing on it. From what I understand, all dealerships will be able to recieve SVT products next time around.
So, Next time around is early '05.

if that's the case. I think we should all have a pretty big chunk for our down payments.
Old 5/22/04, 07:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

I really think that the 4 or 5 friends "group buy" idea would work great too(of course if there are enough cars on the lot to do it). I'd love to see someone try that at a dealer. How on earth could a sales manager turn that down? B) I have never seen anything like that. A husband-wife-son deal makes a heck of a salesperson's tall-tales list at a dealer.
Old 5/22/04, 08:37 PM
Banned

Originally posted by derynf+May. 22nd, 2004, 8:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (derynf @ May. 22nd, 2004, 8:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kevinb120@May. 22nd, 2004, 4:01 PM
So, Next time around is early '05.

if that's the case. I think we should all have a pretty big chunk for our down payments. [/b][/quote]
There are no SVTs for 05. Even 06 is rumored to be a no as well.
Old 5/22/04, 08:54 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think there is still gonna be an '05 SVT Focus (I could be wrong), Lightning will be back in '06 MY with a truck to take on Dodge's new high performance Truck and '07 MY Ford will reveal the SVT Cobra.
Old 5/22/04, 09:19 PM
Cobra Member

Any one in Chicagoland want to go to Willowbrook Ford to put down some deposits on 05s...anyone (my cousin bailed on me, we were supposed to order together, but he got an S-10 )

We can all walk in to the dealer in black suits w/ sunglasses, and say," you have what we want..."
Old 5/23/04, 07:46 PM
Cobra Member

I believe I have killed yet another topic
Old 5/23/04, 11:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by holderca1@May. 22nd, 2004, 9:57 PM
I think there is still gonna be an '05 SVT Focus (I could be wrong), Lightning will be back in '06 MY with a truck to take on Dodge's new high performance Truck and '07 MY Ford will reveal the SVT Cobra.
SVT Focus gone forever. ST sedan with 150hp 2.3 with the SVT suspension and rear disc brakes will be the only "HP" version. Although the 2.3 duratec is a fantastic engine in any model, smoothest American motor I have ever felt other then Northstar. There are rumors of an awd turbo focus. The 2.3 is easilly modified to take boost, much stronger engine then the Ztec. The new AWD system for escape can proportion up to 80% of its power to the rear wheels, and works with the Duratec 4cyl and manual transmissions(the old one did not). Mazda turbos their Duratec based motor now, and Foci have the provisions to accept a driveshaft and awd on the control blade, although never used.

Dodge is still having trouble beating the "old" lightning.
Old 5/24/04, 09:24 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks Kev for all the info.

Looks like if I want "my" Mustang and want to get any kind of "deal", I need to be a '06 owner.

On the bright side, the 18"s should be out by then...
Old 5/24/04, 09:53 AM
Team Mustang Source

I just got back from my Ford dealer, where I placed my order for a satin silver GT. whooooaaaaa baby. I was their 1st order, only because of the great info found on this site. The guy who places the orders for the dealership wanted to know how I got the id and password for fmcdealer.com. I should have told him I hacked the site, but I went with I got the info online. Thanks again for all the info Kev.
Dan
Old 5/24/04, 10:12 AM
GT Member

I also was the first to order at my dealership. They told me that I am #1 on their order list, so as it looks now, i will be able to get one of the two they get out of the first batch. My question is: How likely is it that my order will stay one of the top two? Kevin?
Old 5/24/04, 10:41 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by icemant180@May. 24th, 2004, 10:56 AM
I just got back from my Ford dealer, where I placed my order for a satin silver GT. whooooaaaaa baby. I was their 1st order, only because of the great info found on this site. The guy who places the orders for the dealership wanted to know how I got the id and password for fmcdealer.com. I should have told him I hacked the site, but I went with I got the info online. Thanks again for all the info Kev.
Dan
lol I didnt give out no ID for FMCDealer :shock: ohhhh DUH :bang:
Old 5/24/04, 11:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by kevinb120+May. 24th, 2004, 10:44 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kevinb120 @ May. 24th, 2004, 10:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-icemant180@May. 24th, 2004, 10:56 AM
Dan
lol I didnt give out no ID for FMCDealer :shock: ohhhh DUH :bang: [/b][/quote]
so kevinb, is the order bank actually working now? or still just making bogus confirmations?
Old 5/24/04, 02:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

They can be ordered anytime the bank is open. You just have to make sure the dealer agrees to pay for it so Ford will build it.
Old 5/24/04, 03:00 PM
GT Member

The bank is open as of today.
Old 5/24/04, 07:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by icwspiker3@May. 22nd, 2004, 1:17 AM
31 years with Ford and you go with a PT Cruiser.....

XPLAN....Brad, let me, Decipher, yourself, VillianousBlak, and whoever else make a FAQ, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE

XPLAN is Ford's 'friends and family' plan, and also offered as a discount to Ford associates (McDonalds, companies that supply parts, etc) XPLAN is 2% above the invoice price (price it costs Ford) , below sticker and MSRP.

There is also the APLAN. Yes, im about to explain.

APLAN is Ford's 'immediate family' plan. Sister, brothers, wives, children, etc, of Ford employees qualify for the APLAN, which is 2% under invoice, or 4% less than XPLAN price. Better deal, obviously much harder to qualify for.

If you deal with a friendly dealer, he can provide you with an XPLAN pin# to allow you to get the XPLAN price on the car. This is Ford's way of 'giving the hook-up'....kind of.

On X and A Plan prices, Ford gives the dealer a full commission on the price of the car, not a discounted, which gives incentives to the dealer to be giving out these plans, or accepting them, rather than refusing. It also allows you to pull in extra cash for your trade-in, since the dealer's cut will remain the same either way.

F....A....Q

"Kevin this, kevin that.... if you love kevin so much, why dont you MARRY him!?

*sulks in the corner*

I DID NOT SAY I WAS AT FORD,I LOVE THE MUSTANG,I HAVE HAD 8,AND WILL HAVE A 2005 OR 2006. right now my pt cruiser GT can run with the gt MUSTANG in the 1/4.I GET IN THE 13:80S.Not bad for a 4 banger!BUT ALLSO NOT STOCK,STAGE 1 PUT IN.
Old 5/24/04, 07:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by FrankBullitt05@May. 21st, 2004, 11:48 PM
Yeah, I beleive most plants now have the ability to create multiple different equiped cars, one behind the other. I know this is what VW does, as most VWs in Europe are basically customed order( i.e., a blue Jetta rolls off behind a white Golf). Being that the new Stang is being produced in a state of the art(?) factory, shouldn't this hold true?
You got it,no bs hear,they have been doing this for the past 8 years.That way they dont have to put a hold on the car.
Old 5/24/04, 08:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Select dealers are the very small, usually rural dealers, that are to small to even be visited by Ford zone rep. Larger(the majority of dealers) are called contact dealers, as in contacted by Ford reps. Ford has a separate allocation system for select dealers as they sell to few cars to earn any under the earn and turn system. Hence the memo saying they will only get 2 Mustangs during system fill.
Old 5/25/04, 06:11 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Here is my scoop:

I got a wild hare and decided to move to Birmingham. In the process now- packing is soooo fun.
That means Eleanor will not be making an appearance until next Spring at the soonest.
You will all have to regale me with your happy fun time 05 tales until then.

Quick Reply: The Scoop