The Scoop

Search this Thread

Old 5/21/04, 08:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by kevinb120@May. 21st, 2004, 1:17 PM
45317 04 AZURE BLUE/DARK CHARC LEATHER $ 31035.00
45063 04 SONIC BLUE CC MED PARCH CLOTH BUCKETS $30195.00 TBC
45181 04 MYSTICHROME C.C BLACK/MYSTIC INSERT LEATH $45725.00 TBC

Man - I found a few I'd like to have!! Especially, the Mach 1 - I can't find an Azure blue one anywhere around here. (Southeast Houston)

- Lori
Old 5/21/04, 08:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Chicago has always seemed to be a super Ford-friendly town. They manufacture mercury products there-I think they got the new Montego plant. You just have to make sure they know you are serious about ordering the car. Most likely put a $500 deposit down, get some sort of written agreement on the car with the "order" copy. And just follow up on it. A manager at some point needs to be involved. I wouldnt bother going in on a Saturday, they are all about moving whats in-stock, most salespeople work the phones all week just for Saturday. Let the guys make their money. Most likely the inventory manager(who will know more then the sales manager about them) is off anyway.
Old 5/21/04, 08:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by iluvstangs+May. 21st, 2004, 9:49 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (iluvstangs @ May. 21st, 2004, 9:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kevinb120@May. 21st, 2004, 1:17 PM
45317 04 AZURE BLUE/DARK CHARC LEATHER $ 31035.00
45063 04 SONIC BLUE CC MED PARCH CLOTH BUCKETS $30195.00 TBC
45181 04 MYSTICHROME C.C BLACK/MYSTIC INSERT LEATH $45725.00 TBC

Man - I found a few I'd like to have!! Especially, the Mach 1 - I can't find an Azure blue one anywhere around here. (Southeast Houston)

- Lori [/b][/quote]
thats an auto. I sold the last DSG 5-speed a couple weeks ago, for $250 off(she didnt even care about price it was the cheapest car on her shopping list and fell in love).
Old 5/21/04, 09:08 PM
Cobra Member

Thanks for the help Kev, some poor dealership is gonna have me on their backs until sept 29th
Old 5/21/04, 09:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

Kevin, Fantastic info and insight, thanks muchly. I just have one question are those estimated prices MSRP or Invoice?
Old 5/21/04, 09:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

[B]
Originally posted by icemant180@May. 21st, 2004, 10:12 PM
Kevin, Fantastic info and insight, thanks muchly. I just have one question are those estimated prices MSRP or Invoice?
Those are MSRP on in-stock units on that list, someone said we had only like 4 stangs. I drove past the Fairfax dealer earlier, those are USED cars he saw(canadian auction GT's at that-they had door moldings, that or fleet/formal rentals). Those were all in used car department, about 10 post-99's Not to pick on anyone, but I hate assumptions.

""""Ted Britt had...

3 (GT's) 2 yellow one red (outside) red (convertible) in the showroom that I saw up in front of the dealership, not sure what was around back...

Saw a few others (4 I think) parked off to the side, but not sure what models they were, though one of them was a blue '04 Cobra... """

Also, there are no blue 04 cobras.
Im not pickin but dealers get bad raps from stuff like this. Even if someone comes in and gives me a horror story about the guy up the block, I NEVER bad-mouth the dealer. God only knows what the ENTIRE story is anyway..... I just start over and help them. Ive also seen a few internet threads get out of control after someone talked to a lot porter. You may of just walked up and bombed an FNG that started there 3 days ago or a commercial sales guy in the middle of 40 truck commercial deal that just got underbid $15,000 dollars by another dealer and hes out for a smoke with I WANT A NEW 05 MUSTANG!!!!

At my dealer, no one bothers to even learn or is given information about the Stang yet other then the cards you have seen here, there is NO training information from Ford for sales staff yet-so why learn it?. You also have to remember a lot of salespeople are there to make a living and could care less about what's not on the lot. Im not sayin that salespeople CANT be weiners either- a lot of them are. Most of the salespeople that are jerks that you meet are flash-in-the pants idiots that wont be around for the release anyway. Real salespeople with tenure at a dealer know that some deals are cheap ones, some ones are not-DONE!-everything finished?, customer happy? good!......NEXT!

People are people, sometimes two strangers make a bond, sometimes they are like nails on chalkboard. How many times do you go to a party and like EVERYONE you meet? Its not an easy job, many people self-destruct and fold under the pressure. There is no school that can teach you how to handle this busisness. Not every customer is exatly a bundle of joy to deal with either. :shock: Try to negotiate the price on a new riding mower at Home Depot next time, they make 30% proffit. B)
Old 5/21/04, 09:39 PM
GT Member

Okay, ill try keeping up with Kevin again...

This is from my dealer that i worked with emailed me tonite. Yesterday after i left he got the number for a contact up in Michigan about the status of the order, pricing, etc from the higher-ups at his dealership, here's his email, and his info jives with Kevin's about the order process, about puttin them into place:

I was able to get some more info. on the 05 Mustang . It's as follows : Orders will be pulled in two weeks , Pricing in August and Job1 / production in the week of Sept. 7th. Hope the info. is helpful and i'll talk w/you soon .

So from an official Ford source, we're looking at pricing in July, the orders being pulled and the Job1 matches with what we already heard from Ford/Kevinb, so im taking this as true, i dont kno how it might work with the rest of you, but trust me, this dealership's management isn't firing on all cylinders if you know what i mean, so if this guy has two out of three right, he's done the research, and you can bet #2 is right as well.

Hopefully this helps yall out, i still have yet to order my mustang because i honestly dont think the order bank is open yet, confirmation or not. I'm going in on Tuesday morning hopefully, on the 24th like the order guide says, and putting it in, and crossing my fingers for the best, and then ill make sure my guy puts it into line with Ford to get the first shipment, and ill know if he's blowing smoke up my **** like some of these dealers seem to be doing to you guys...( see the car in 8 weeks? please) A Plan chops alot of the red-tape and bs out of the way as well, so looks like im gonna be green lit very soon!

Hope this helps out
Old 5/21/04, 10:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

Ill put it this way, I can cut a check for an 05 and am avoiding the mess of ordering one myself. There is also no guarantee of anything, let alone A plan right now on release(I still give it a 75% chance yes though). No Ford dealer has ANY training information reguarding the Mustang yet. The inventory managers only get info from emails from Ford, or by calling and asking themselves, and he is managing 1000+ current cars that get damaged, loose keys, get moved and not scaned on the lot properly and gets in 40 vehicles a week that need to be checked in, inventoried, and gets bugged about EVERY order and EVERY DX, and EVERY single car that is hard to find on a lot, by EVERY salesperson, EVERY day...etc etc.

I would equate asking the average CERTIFIED trained salesperson about the 05 Mustang like this: You pull up in the service lane at a dealer because your cars check engine light is on. He comes out with the diagnostic computer and sets it on the ground and says "this will tell you what's wrong", and leaves.

There are no tools out there yet for us. And this is for a 200-300 dollar paying deal they may or may not make 4+months from now. Most likely they have 40-100 working customers in their database right now on new current models in a very competitive market that they only have time to call 5 per day, with several hundred sold customers that need follow-up and issues solved. Believe me, if you are any kind of "real" salesperson, 80 hours a week is NEVER enough time to get your to-do list finished. You just need to put it into perspective. To me it sounds like you got a decent salesperson.
Old 5/21/04, 11:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by kevinb120@May. 20th, 2004, 4:32 PM
Ok, here is the no bs scoop on the ordering process for the new car(US models).

The order bank technically IS open for the car. There is NO gurantee that they will be made. This is week 20 right now. On week 24, Ford will begin structuring the que of which cars will be wholesaled by dealer. Meaning, that in week 24 Ford asks dealers "ok, we see your orders, which ones are you actually going to BUY from us. THEN the order will be 'bucked', and put in the production que. There will be NO pricing information untill just before or on Job 1 on september 7th.

So you can order a vehicle now, but you can not get a guranteed order that will be built untill week 24. After that, it becomes an "official" vehcile that will be manufactured, pending what days certain models and colors are being produced, and all parts are available at the plant. Vehicles do get on hold sometimes waiting for a supply of stereos, red leather seats, you name it. MOST LIKELY if you DO order a car AND it gets bucked, a personally ordered car will roughly "land" in mid October at the earliest.

Ford on launch will have massive "bulk" orders to fill for regular lot cars, rental cars, and force-fed ones(it works like this: "weve built 240 bucked(paid for) redfire cars today, and will make 140 more to finish the day off") Those cars are force fed out just to keep the production lines moving. Your own personal Sonic Blue car will be built when they are building Sonic Blue cars, got it? Even then, if your car doesnt make Sonic Blue day, it will have to wait untill another Sonic blue day comes around.....They prioritize moving numbers, a plant does not care if the car is a customers custom order or not, technically, every car they make is paid for as a custom order.

Dealers are talking about marking up the first batches of the cars, even A plan is not expected to be available right off the back. It will probably come out a couple months after launch(it could come out on day one, but its not likely). Good luck trying to get an xplan for a while either.

There are tons of those old-guys out there that have 20 cars in a collection and could care less if they are marked up or not and WILL order the car and pick it up on day one. These are the same guys that bought T-birds at 10k over and never thought twice about it. They will most likely come out of the woodwork like cicadas as the weeks go on. The BEST bet for us normal folks is to just wait a little bit for the innitial hub-bub to cool down and for production to get up to speed enough that a stockpile develops. I would then start to "feel" the new cars out, see if there is a match for your dream car in the area, or THEN retail order a car. Even whatever salespeople tell there customers right now, the dealer bosses are going to be in a 'wait and see' stance to see how much money they can make on the first ones. You have to remember dealers have been giving away mustangs with no proffit for years now.

Thats the scoop.
Ok they can hold a car back for supply in the old days.Now a day they do not run the car till all supply are in the plant.As for paint,they do not paint one color one day and one the next,i know this as i was there for 31 long years.Thank you!
Old 5/21/04, 11:45 PM
Cobra Member

Yeah, I beleive most plants now have the ability to create multiple different equiped cars, one behind the other. I know this is what VW does, as most VWs in Europe are basically customed order( i.e., a blue Jetta rolls off behind a white Golf). Being that the new Stang is being produced in a state of the art(?) factory, shouldn't this hold true?
Old 5/21/04, 11:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by kevinb120@May. 20th, 2004, 4:32 PM
Ok, here is the no bs scoop on the ordering process for the new car(US models).

The order bank technically IS open for the car. There is NO gurantee that they will be made. This is week 20 right now. On week 24, Ford will begin structuring the que of which cars will be wholesaled by dealer. Meaning, that in week 24 Ford asks dealers "ok, we see your orders, which ones are you actually going to BUY from us. THEN the order will be 'bucked', and put in the production que. There will be NO pricing information untill just before or on Job 1 on september 7th.

So you can order a vehicle now, but you can not get a guranteed order that will be built untill week 24. After that, it becomes an "official" vehcile that will be manufactured, pending what days certain models and colors are being produced, and all parts are available at the plant. Vehicles do get on hold sometimes waiting for a supply of stereos, red leather seats, you name it. MOST LIKELY if you DO order a car AND it gets bucked, a personally ordered car will roughly "land" in mid October at the earliest.

Ford on launch will have massive "bulk" orders to fill for regular lot cars, rental cars, and force-fed ones(it works like this: "weve built 240 bucked(paid for) redfire cars today, and will make 140 more to finish the day off") Those cars are force fed out just to keep the production lines moving. Your own personal Sonic Blue car will be built when they are building Sonic Blue cars, got it? Even then, if your car doesnt make Sonic Blue day, it will have to wait untill another Sonic blue day comes around.....They prioritize moving numbers, a plant does not care if the car is a customers custom order or not, technically, every car they make is paid for as a custom order.

Dealers are talking about marking up the first batches of the cars, even A plan is not expected to be available right off the back. It will probably come out a couple months after launch(it could come out on day one, but its not likely). Good luck trying to get an xplan for a while either.

There are tons of those old-guys out there that have 20 cars in a collection and could care less if they are marked up or not and WILL order the car and pick it up on day one. These are the same guys that bought T-birds at 10k over and never thought twice about it. They will most likely come out of the woodwork like cicadas as the weeks go on. The BEST bet for us normal folks is to just wait a little bit for the innitial hub-bub to cool down and for production to get up to speed enough that a stockpile develops. I would then start to "feel" the new cars out, see if there is a match for your dream car in the area, or THEN retail order a car. Even whatever salespeople tell there customers right now, the dealer bosses are going to be in a 'wait and see' stance to see how much money they can make on the first ones. You have to remember dealers have been giving away mustangs with no proffit for years now.

Thats the scoop.
Ok they can hold a car back for supply in the old days.Now a day they do not run the car till all supply are in the plant.As for paint,they do not paint one color one day and one the next,i know this as i was there for 31 long years.Thank you! PS.no bs.
Old 5/22/04, 12:06 AM
Team Mustang Source

yea, I know, I just oversimplified it. Was more focused on stressing the idea that orders are not produced in the exact sequence they are placed at all. We can get into 5 page discussions on power window button light colors here(we all know orange is the best, right B) ), I didnt want to make it too complicated. We currently have 3 04 SD King Ranch orders on hold because of material supply issues, I am wondering if they will ever make it in at all now.

Kudos for pulling 31 years with Ford! :worship: :usa:
Old 5/22/04, 12:57 AM

Okay... I am reading about XPLAN pricing in several posts... Apparently, this is a discounted price? How do you get this?
Old 5/22/04, 01:13 AM
V6 Member

Also, there are no blue 04 cobras.
Im not pickin but dealers get bad raps from stuff like this. Even if someone comes in and gives me a horror story about the guy up the block, I NEVER bad-mouth the dealer.

Guys...

Just want to let everyone know that I was not in any way attempting to bad mouth the dealership itself, as much as I was pointing out the bad experience and poor customer service I received while talking to NOT a lot porter but a sales guy.

In Fact, Ted Britt was a recommendation from several co-workers each of whom have purchased several Mustangs from them, in addition to one coworker who just picked up a blck on drk charcoal '04 Cobra about 2 weeks ago.

Just wanted to share with the group how some individuals at car dealers can be when it comes to this type of thing. Im sure we could all post New Car horror stories...<<LOL>> No Harm...No Foul Fellas....My Apologies if I offended anyone...

Kev...<<again>> THANKS for all the info...Every bit of detail you have provided helps me make my decision on whether to order or not too order...
Old 5/22/04, 01:14 AM
GT Member

31 years with Ford and you go with a PT Cruiser.....

XPLAN....Brad, let me, Decipher, yourself, VillianousBlak, and whoever else make a FAQ, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE

XPLAN is Ford's 'friends and family' plan, and also offered as a discount to Ford associates (McDonalds, companies that supply parts, etc) XPLAN is 2% above the invoice price (price it costs Ford) , below sticker and MSRP.

There is also the APLAN. Yes, im about to explain.

APLAN is Ford's 'immediate family' plan. Sister, brothers, wives, children, etc, of Ford employees qualify for the APLAN, which is 2% under invoice, or 4% less than XPLAN price. Better deal, obviously much harder to qualify for.

If you deal with a friendly dealer, he can provide you with an XPLAN pin# to allow you to get the XPLAN price on the car. This is Ford's way of 'giving the hook-up'....kind of.

On X and A Plan prices, Ford gives the dealer a full commission on the price of the car, not a discounted, which gives incentives to the dealer to be giving out these plans, or accepting them, rather than refusing. It also allows you to pull in extra cash for your trade-in, since the dealer's cut will remain the same either way.

F....A....Q

"Kevin this, kevin that.... if you love kevin so much, why dont you MARRY him!?

*sulks in the corner*

Old 5/22/04, 01:19 AM
GT Member

*gets out of the corner*

Before i get ripped, add Boomer, Dan-o, ManEHawke and KevinB to the list of qualified applicants for FAQ as well.

And dont trash me for spamming, it makes sense with TWO messages!

I emailed my dealer and told him im coming in on Tuesday to put the order in, since my gut tells me that's when the bank will really open, and orders actually start going to the bank, not sitting in wait. I still think the people who think they've pre-ordered should get on their dealers about it tho, just to double check. All i know is what i saw with my very own eyes....
Old 5/22/04, 02:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by icwspiker3@May. 22nd, 2004, 12:17 AM
XPLAN....Brad, let me, Decipher, yourself, VillianousBlak, and whoever else make a FAQ, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE
I dunno if it's worth it. The amount of work required to make a complete FAQ would far exceed the effort of simply pointing someone in the right direction to find the thread with their answers or just out-right typing out the answers if it's an easy question.

I can just see a FAQ made by the people who get easily aggrivated with newbies. lol. It could be hilarious.
Old 5/22/04, 06:48 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by icwspiker3@May. 22nd, 2004, 2:17 AM
31 years with Ford and you go with a PT Cruiser.....

On X and A Plan prices, Ford gives the dealer a full commission on the price of the car, not a discounted, which gives incentives to the dealer to be giving out these plans, or accepting them, rather than refusing. It also allows you to pull in extra cash for your trade-in, since the dealer's cut will remain the same either way.

F....A....Q

"Kevin this, kevin that.... if you love kevin so much, why dont you MARRY him!?

*sulks in the corner*

I never noticed the PT :shock:

Xplan(and AZD)only reimburses to just under 2% over invoice, whooptie fookin doo......... I just run out to the bar and run up a 500 buck tab everytime I sell an x-plan mustang now! If your dealer doesnt pay on holdback, the commisionable proffit a salesperson gets paid on is about 250 bucks........woot. The password is "mini-deal". IF the dealer pays on holdback , and you sell a big holdback vehicle like an expedition, and you do not overallow on the trade to make the #s work, the deal is somewhat decent on a purchase plan, if you are selling 15+ units a month you can pay your rent. Say, 10 x-plan deals on Mustangs for your entire month's totals barely pays your draw.
Old 5/22/04, 11:59 AM
Team Mustang Source

From FMCDealer today.............This will give you an idea of how slowly the launch will start off.

its gonna be awhile..... From Ford today YES the #2 means TWO cars :shock:

To: All Ford Dealers
Subject: 2005-MY Mustang Start Up Scheduling for Select Dealers

Background
As committed by Steve Lyons at the recent Spring Dealer Meetings in Las Vegas, all Dealers, including Select Dealers, will have the opportunity to have two 2005-MY Mustangs scheduled during the *** October start up allocation period.

2005-MY Mustang Start-up Scheduling for Select Dealers

The Select Dealer *** October start up allocation period will be Week 26 (July 1 –7,2004) and Weeks 36 – 39 (September 9 – October 1, 2004).
Select Dealers will be contacted by their Region to choose one of the following options:

opt-in for the scheduling of (2) 2005-MY Mustangs
or

opt-in for the scheduling of (1) 2005-MY Mustang,
or

opt-out completely of the scheduling of a 2005-MY Mustang. If a dealer prefers to opt-out, completely, a 2005-MY Mustang will not be scheduled during *** October start up.
Regions will schedule one 2005-MY Mustang for every Select Dealer that opts in prior to scheduling a second for Select Dealers that opt in for the second 2005-MY Mustang.
There are no guarantees that the first units scheduled during the start up will be the first ones received by dealers. Other variables, such as commodities and transportation, can delay the arrival of these units.
Allocation of the 2005-MY Mustang Convertible option will be determined at a later date.
Resumption of Normal Scheduling for Select Dealers

After the 2005-MY Mustang start up scheduling, Select Dealer allocation will be based on the standard "sales and availability" formula. The formula is based on weighted 2003-CY retail sales and registration history.
It is not anticipated that the 2005-MY Mustang will be on the Select Dealer Monthly Allocation program (free demand) until some time in the first quarter of the 2005 calendar year and when production can support demand.
For questions or more information, feel free to contact your Zone Manager.
Old 5/22/04, 02:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

kevinb, i guess i will be the first to ask you what that means for cars beyond #1 and #2. They use some strange language in their emails. Also, what do they mean by 'Select Dealer Monthly Allocation ?' How do we figure out where our local dealers stand with regard to allocation ?

Thanks much for all the info you give us :worship:

Quick Reply: The Scoop